• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. This if this get accepted, they will be on the higher level. Very promising, especially with Shang Chi coming.

What do you think about Octopus and Goblin's potential tier here? They should be equivalent to Peter since they will fight him.
I'm not sure if a direct upgrade to 8-C for them would be prevented by crossover rules (though they're already 9-A+, so a jump to 8-C wouldn't be a big one), but I could see new keys for them made at least.

As a random note, I'm still not sure why Spider-Man is considered to be physically weaker in terms of attack potency and lifting strength in his less advanced suits compared to the Tech/Bosco suit. Unless I'm forgetting something, it never seemed like the Tech/Bosco suits increased physical strength, it was all the extra gadgets and abilities they had that seemed to be the actual advantage they had over the less advanced suits.

Also, I wonder if the Iron Spider is going to end up be downgraded when No Way Home is released, considering the trailer makes it look like he'll be fighting Goblin and Doc Ock with it. The Iron Spider's High 8-C/8-B rating already seems to rely largely on scaling assumptions over actual feats/direct scaling.

Also, I wonder if the Iron Spider is going to end up be downgraded when No Way Home is released, considering the trailer makes it look like he'll be fighting Goblin and Doc Ock with it. The Iron Spider's High 8-C/8-B rating already seems to rely largely on scaling assumptions over actual feats/direct scaling.
This, it's rating feels pretty sus

Soo doctor strange is going to need a CRT for being able to slap Peter's soul/astral form out of his body
I’d wait for the movie to come out first but yeah that sounds solid (would that be Non-Physical Interaction?)

Okay so we actually have more details now instead of just knowing this next episode will be Loki on Earth and that he'll take an army to Earth, I believe the_one_you_least_sxpect called it on the heroes dying/disappearing in this reality

Oh shit is this What If?.... Loki won?

I would have preferred the nuke striking but that’s just me

I'm going to try guessing some of the characters fates:
Hawkeye: Mind Controlled
Black Widow: Assassinated by mind controlled Hawkeye
Thor: Killed /Imprisoned by Loki in the events in Thor 1. Odin potentially assassinated
Captain America: Overwhelmed by Chitauri, goes down fighting
Iron Man: Doesn't discover an alternate solution to Palladium, is likely a severe alcoholic at this point, and is severely weakened in the event of Avengers leading to his demise. Possibly refuses/refused to be allowed into the team at all.
Hulk: Potentially isn't recruited in this timeline, or is cured of his condition by Loki.
War Machine: Possible replacement for Stark (See previous point), likely overwhelmed. I can see that him not having the engineering expertise, that Stark has, could lead to the destruction of the helicarrier.

I think it's possible that some of them I mentioned don't die and are like, members of a resistance.

Just finished watching "What If...?" episode 3. This was almost certainly the darkest episode so far, which was a neat change of pace.

Scaling/feats I noticed:

Not much, really. Almost all the characters are practically identical to their main universe counterparts as of the Phase One movies (which reminds me, Nick Fury could really use a profile) The only character from this episode specifically that might warrant a profile (and probably not for a little while due to being a spoiler for the episode's main twist) is Yellowjacket (Hank Pym), who should be 9-B for being able to easily kill characters on that level such as Black Widow and could also use his technology to blow up the Hulk by putting a Pym Particles disc on his heart, which seems to be some sort of durability negation. Theoretically anyone with the discs from the main universe (So both Ant-Man and the Wasp) should be able to use them in this way and have durability negation, though it would be out of character.

Last edited:
I must admit I was surprised by the twist villain being (Hank Pym) Yellowjacket (I was kinda expecting Bucky tbh) and it just goes to show how dangerous yet underrated Ant-man is (as well as other pym particle users) honestly the pym particles are just powerful as the infinity stones but sheesh the way Hulk died was way more gruesome compared to the others (except Widow, which felt like it was ripped straight from a horror movie minus the gore thankfully).

Other notable content:

*The MCU finally acknowledges the existence of Ross' daughter (and her connection to Banner) for the first time in who knows how many years still waiting for Red Hulk to turn up tho.

*As messed up as it sounds, I actually enjoyed Asgard being able to easily takeover Midgard as a show of power and Asgardians (that aren't royalty/nobles) being actually shown to be far more stronger than humans.

*This is easily the worst timeline so far with the world under Loki's control, most of the core Avengers are dead and let's not forgot HYDRA is still buried deep inside SHIELD. Even with Carol's help, Nick Fury has his work cut out and them some. At least Ultron won't be created in this timeline.

Some criticism:

*I was a little disappointed Sif nor the warrior's three didn't say much this episode considering Thor is dead, Loki is king (while being open about his frost giant heritage) and Odin is still asleep perhaps they'll join Fury's secret Avengers?

*I know they have to fit everything in roughly 30mins but having major characters die almost every 5mins just felt rushed and didn't leave time for the shock factor or impact to settle in, imo (even the Hulk's truly grim death was quickly brushed aside in the next scene).

Overall a solid 7/10 episode but I dunno I kinda expected "more" from one of the darker timelines (perhaps the Zombie timeline will fill that need?). Captain Carter still remains my favourite "What if...?" tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back