• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU 7-B upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So I was told here that we do take the comic adaptations as canon as long as they don't contradict. Credit to Oldmaster99 on discord for the scan for this.

So in the Iron Man 2 comic adaptation, it was stated that Iron Man's lasers produced 200 Petawatts or 47.801147227533462569 Megatons of TNT. City level. This would make the Mark 6: "High 8-C, 7-B with lasers", as well as the fact "7-B with lasers" should be added to other Iron Man key forward with the exception of the Hulkbuster and Mark 50 to 85.

And in case anyone were to say this is an outlier or such. This doesn't scale to Iron Man's physical strength, as shown how he tells Rhodey to dodge in the film, and the Mark 2 isn't that far behind the Mark 6 in AP. Secondly, the movies portrays the lasers as the Mark 6 Iron man's most powerful attack, as well as he can only use it once in this armor. Ross also describes Hulk and Thor as 30 Megaton nukes, tho this may be taken as hyerbole

This also scales to many other characters, we see that Chitauri Leviathan armor are unable to be damaged by these lasers at all, but both Thor and Hulk could easily break the armor. And because this is so close to the baseline for 7-B+, which 53.15 Megatons of TNT, Vibranium Ultron, Vision, Fenris, Kurse and Post Sakaar Hulk should all upscale to 7-B+. Pre IW Doctor Strange (Views Vibranium Ultron as a none threat), the other sorcerers (who are comparable to Doctor Strange), IW Doctor Strange, Pre IW Wanda and the ancient one should be "At least 7-B+" (Via being superior to the 7-B+ characters. The former is superior to pre IW self and the latter is superior to Kaecilius, who is comparable to Strange)

Conclusion:
  • Iron Man should receive "7-B with lasers".
  • All High 7-Cs should be upgraded to 7-B with the exception of the ones below
  • Vibranium Ultron, Vision, Fenris, Kurse and Post Sakaar Hulk and all those who scale to these characters, who should all upscale to 7-B+.
  • Pre IW Wanda, Pre IW Doctor Strange, the sorcerers, IW Doctor Strange and the ancient one should be "At least 7-B+"
In case for those who are wondering, IW Doctor strange is the most powerful MCU 7-B

Last edited:
7-B+ should also apply to Fenris, who scales to Post-Sakaar Hulk, as well as to Kurse, who stomped Thor. Probably Scarlet Witch pre-Infinity War too, considering she, with relative ease, overpowered Vision and tore out Vibranium Ultron's core with her magic. I think it would also scale to the durability of Vibranium Ultron, considering he withstood a combined blast from Thor, Vision, and Iron Man for several seconds, though his Vibranium armor was severely damaged afterwards. Possibly Vision's durability too, considering he was originally meant to be Ultron's ultimate form, is also partially composed of Vibranium, and never sustained any visible damage from Ultron's attacks. Plus Westview Vision and White Vision fought each other for a while without either appearing visibly damaged by the end of it.

All of these are currently rated as "At least High 7-C"

7-B+ should also apply to Fenris, who scales to Post-Sakaar Hulk, as well as to Kurse, who stomped Thor. Probably Scarlet Witch pre-Infinity War too, considering she, with relative ease, overpowered Vision and tore out Vibranium Ultron's core with her magic. I think it would also scale to the durability of Vibranium Ultron, considering he withstood a combined blast from Thor, Vision, and Iron Man for several seconds, though his Vibranium armor was severely damaged afterwards. Possibly Vision's durability too, considering he was originally meant to be Ultron's ultimate form, is also partially composed of Vibranium, and never sustained any visible damage from Ultron's attacks. Plus Westview Vision and White Vision fought each other for a while without either appearing visibly damaged by the end of it.
I'm unsure with Ultron and Vision scaling, considering how Ultron got wrecked by Hulk, but Thor and Hulk can fight rather evenly. The first 3 I agree with

Gonna just bring up Ross’ statement for Hulk and Thor being a pair of 30 megaton nukes to support the 7-B.

As for Ultron, he manhandles Thor, took Thor’s lightning (which killed three Leviathans), physically clashed with Vision > Thor, and tanked a Mind Stone beam > Vision’s physicals. Hulk sent him flying but this was after a bunch of his vibranium armor was peeled off/damaged and he was still able to function. There is absolutely no reason why Ultron wouldn’t scale to the 7-B+ imo.

I'm unsure with Ultron and Vision scaling, considering how Ultron got wrecked by Hulk, but Thor and Hulk can fight rather evenly. The first 3 I agree with
Ultron got wrecked by Hulk after he was damaged and left with his armor largely melted away by the aforementioned combination attack from Thor, Vision and Iron Man. Even then, he still withstood the initial punch from Hulk reasonably well despite that.

I'm thinking that Vision and Vibranium Ultron could be stone walls to a very small extent, 7-B with 7-B+ durability, considering they couldn't visibly damage each other in a one-on-one fight, and the two Visions in WandaVision fought each other for a while without either being visibly damaged.

Gonna just bring up Ross’ statement for Hulk and Thor being a pair of 30 megaton nukes to support the 7-B.
Link?

As for Ultron, he manhandles Thor, took Thor’s lightning (which killed three Leviathans), physically clashed with Vision > Thor, and tanked a Mind Stone beam > Vision’s physicals. Hulk sent him flying but this was after a bunch of his vibranium armor was peeled off/damaged and he was still able to function. There is absolutely no reason why Ultron wouldn’t scale to the 7-B+ imo.
Seems fine then. I feel we should list that Hulk counld only harm a weakened Ultron

Done with the new edits. In case for those who are wondering IW Doctor strange is the most power ful MCU 7-B

I guess it should work, considering we take the comics and novels as canon.

So I guess one staff input and this can be added? I contacted Qawsedf and Kieranh10

I also recommend contacting Cal, he was the one who wanted to upgrade the MCU cast

Iron Man's beat arc reactor until IW can produce 10 Gigajoules of energy per second. This lasers which doesn't even come from a normal comic but a bonus feature, would be something like 2 million times his maximum power output.

So not only is it weird since the laser runs off either the arc reactor or small batteries, it breaks the currently accepted power trend. It's a no from me.

Iron Man's beat arc reactor until IW can produce 10 Gigajoules of energy per second. This lasers which doesn't even come from a normal comic but a bonus feature, would be something like 2 million times his maximum power output.

So not only is it weird since the laser runs off either the arc reactor or small batteries, it breaks the currently accepted power trend. It's a no from me.
But the lasers don't come from his arc reactor, we see they come from separate compartments during the scene after Stark and Rhodey just finished fighting the drones, Iron Man ejects 2 small thing from his wrists.

And I don't see how it breaks anything, It's very clear that the lasers are meant to scale above Iron Man and that Iron Man doesn't scale to it in anyway. And none of the tier 8 characters or characters in Iron Man's league are shown to scale to it. Only character that tanks it is the leviathan, who's far superior to Iron Man.

Last edited:
The 10 gigajoules is only stated for the second Arc reactor made in IM1, IM2 has Tony making a brand new one that is far superior, all of his suits post IM1 have their own Arc reactors already installed in them, and the usage of the lasers drained Tony from 100% power to single digits. Just going by the rate at which Tony expended energy with his first Arc reactor, despite its 3 gigajoule per second output, max capacity for his Mark 3 sits at hundreds of times the OG reactor's output. The idea that the second Arc reactor's output (which is no longer even in use) somehow limits a weapon that uses up the entire suits energy instantly is baffling to me.

If it's only scaling to stuff way above his regular suit then I guess this is fine, it's only really an upgrade for the top tiers at the time (Some High 7-Cs), and doesn't seem to break any scaling.

The 10 gigajoules is only stated for the second Arc reactor made in IM1, IM2 has Tony making a brand new one that is far superior, all of his suits post IM1 have their own Arc reactors already installed in them, and the usage of the lasers drained Tony from 100% power to single digits. Just going by the rate at which Tony expended energy with his first Arc reactor, despite its 3 gigajoule per second output, max capacity for his Mark 3 sits at hundreds of times the OG reactor's output. The idea that the second Arc reactor's output (which is no longer even in use) somehow limits a weapon that uses up the entire suits energy instantly is baffling to me.
Wait, wasn't his old reactor 3.5 gigajoules? Also I'm pretty sure his second reactor was stated to be 8 gigawatts (Or gigajoules per sec). The 10 gigawatt statement is from a scan where his triangular arc reactor is seen.

EDIT: YEP, HIS 10 GIGAJOULE-PER-SECOND ARC REACTOR IS EXPLICITLY STATED TO BE HOUSED IN A TRIANGULAR APERTURE.

Wait, wasn't his old reactor 3.5 gigajoules? Also I'm pretty sure his second reactor was stated to be 8 gigawatts (Or gigajoules per sec). The 10 gigawatt statement is from a scan where his triangular arc reactor is seen.
The one with triangular chest is Mark 6, which is the one who has the 7-B laser statement

But the lasers don't come from his arc reactor,
They do in Avengers and in Civil War, where they're directly powered from his arc reactor. The disposal ones only appear in IM2 and the idea that he can make a power source 2 million times better than his newly made arc reactor is incredibly strange to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back