• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Strange gets 8-C durability for withstanding a pumpkin bomb explosion at close range, I wonder if that would scale to any other sorcerers. Do we have any reason to assume that Strange's physical AP/durability significantly increased along with his magical power between the 2016 movie and Infinity War?

The Cloak of Levitation seemed comparable to Spider-Man physically, which seems consistent with it being able to wrestle with Drax in Infinity War. I'm not really sure if it scales to AP or just Lifting Strength. It could knock Drax down mid-charge at least. (5:30) If it scales to AP, that might support other sorcerers being 8-C physically, as a Zealot required multiple slams from the Cloak to subdue (1:02)
Y'know forgot that happened. Plus that makes sense considering Strange Supreme even prior to powering up was able to take hits from the Champion of Hydra

So, 8-C with magic, 6-C with Sling Rings anyone?

Also i pick team A
Shang chi above Xialing
Herbless Kilmonger already beat Herbless T'Challa
I never saw sharon fight hand to hand and even if she did i doubt it was better than maya so Maya above Sharon.
Natasha beat taskmaster so Wenwu would low-mid dif. Wenwu above Taskmaster.
Death dealer above Okoye i never saw her fight without her spear.

That's 5 - 2
I think it's kinda implied that T'Challa didn't try to kill Killmonger but I'd just treat them as equal anyway

So I finished Hawkeye. Not bad. It was a bit underwhelming but that's expected since it's sort of a low stakes street level show, and I definitely appreciate it for that, being just a casual show I can enjoy with my family, and from that perspective it's really well-made for sure.

Comparing it to the other shows just like people ranked here I guess. These four shows are kinda about equal in my opinion in terms of "objective" quality, not masterpieces but enjoyable enough, and my ranking purely boils down to personal preference.

WandaVision seems to be the "objectively" most well-made one with it winning awards and stuff but it didn't really appeal that much to me compared to the others. All the sit-com stuff didn't relate to me personally as I never watched them, the finale was somewhat underwhelming especially with all the theorising and I know it's just a story and I shouldn't be taking it that seriously but I don't know I just kinda felt annoyed by the fact that Wanda walked away scott free after doing all that shit lmao.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier probably had the most problems in terms of plot and seems to be ranked last by people, and yeah a lot of stuff definitely wasn't executed that well, but I honestly enjoyed that one the most out of the four personally. It's probably due to the fact that I'm a big fan of the Captain America trilogy, and seeing Falcon and Bucky get their own show was enough to satisfy me. Walker and Zemo were both interesting characters. I just wished the whole Flag Smasher storyline was executed better since that had a lot of potential.

I still don't know how I feel about Loki. I go from "Yeah! Best show of all time!" to "this is getting boring" when watching it lmao. It's very entertaining to watch and I actually didn't have an issue with the finale as some people seem to have, it's just the fact that I have like a shitton of questions after watching every episode and just kinda end up feeling a bit confused (especially when some of the questions I have could ruin the entire MCU lmao). That's not necessarily a bad thing at all, but the jury is still out for Season 2 for me I guess.

btw it kinda seems like I'm ******** on them all, to make things clear I love all four of these shows, I'm just focusing on what I don't like in order to rank them

Last edited:
269926959_6664863923584053_468844968899591778_n.jpg

There’s gonna be a Disney+ series of Percy Jackson? Since when?
I don't remember when they announced it, but it IS coming, and Rick Riordan (the original writer) will be pretty involved, so it'll likely be more accurate to the books than the movies were. Last time I checked, they were in the process of looking for cast members.

Off topic, but I hope the upcoming Percy Jackson Disney+ series takes off. We could have the next generation's Harry Potter on our hands, except this time the writer ISN'T a terrible human being.
My hopes are up, but I am also a bit scared if it'll be another failure.
Also, what's up with Rowling? I heard that she's bad, but never why.

My hopes are up, but I am also a bit scared if it'll be another failure.
Also, what's up with Rowling? I heard that she's bad, but never why.
Let's just say transgenders people don't like her with what she said... 👀

Now if someone could explain to me how changing Quidditch's name has anything to do with what she said,, that would be appreciated

Last edited:
For some reason the name isn't inclusive enough, and since Rowling named it, the name has to be changed
Well, this is pretty stupid. I'm not a supporter of Rowling on what she said but THIS is stupid. Just because Rowling named it doesn't mean it is inherently transphobic or anything. Hope they won't rename everything because of that

Ironically, that was the initial intention with the movies. Too bad the movies were...well, bad
Chris Columbus's heart clearly wasn't in it unlike Harry Potter. As a diehard Potterhead I have a shitton of issues with the Harry Potter movies in terms of plot alterations and character portrayal later on but the first two movies directed by Columbus were easily the most enjoyable and you could see that Columbus enjoyed the Harry Potter books and cared about making a good movie adaptation. The same can't be said about him with Percy Jackson.

Well, this is pretty stupid. I'm not a supporter of Rowling on what she said but THIS is stupid. Just because Rowling named it doesn't mean it is inherently transphobic or anything. Hope they won't rename everything because of that
Same here. Hating on Rowling definitively feels more like a trend more than anything when you compare her treatment to that of more problematic authors.

Chris Columbus's heart clearly wasn't in it unlike Harry Potter. As a diehard Potterhead I have a shitton of issues with the Harry Potter movies in terms of plot alterations and character portrayal later on but the first two movies directed by Columbus were easily the most enjoyable and you could see that Columbus enjoyed the Harry Potter books and cared about making a good movie adaptation. The same can't be said about him with Percy Jackson.
My favorite are Prisoner of Azkaban, Order of the Phoenix and the two Deathly Hallows personally

Same here. Hating on Rowling definitively feels more like a trend more than anything when you compare her treatment to that of more problematic authors.
Tbf, she's still alive and getting money, unlike for example Lovecraft who was a MASSIVE racist and homophobic man (the name of his cat....it's so funny to tell people to look at it and watch their face when they realize it) so people are obviously more focused on her than dead authors. But yeah, there are people much more problematic than her out there and everyone is focusing on her like she's the most dangerous thing ever. Not to defend her (I definitely don't) but she's far from being the most problematic person

My favorite are Prisoner of Azkaban, Order of the Phoenix and the two Deathly Hallows personally
Coincidentally Book 3, 5 and 7 are the ones that I revisit the most, but unfortunately I didn't really enjoy the Prisoner of Azkaban movie. It's seems to be considered the best movie and is pretty gorgeous to look at but as an adaptation I don't think the movie does a good job at depicting the plot in the books and a lot of stuff is just left out or glossed over in a confusing manner, although I have no way knowing what a person who never read the books experienced from this film. (also there's that sacrilegious transfer of Ron's line to Hermione smh smh smh smh smh)

I kinda respect what they did with the Order of the Phoenix movie though, I acknowledge the fact that they can't put 800 pages of source material into a 2 hour movie and instead they did something quite distinct and ended up being the shortest Harry Potter movie, yet keeping the core message of the book in a coherent and non-confusing way.

Coincidentally Book 3, 5 and 7 are the ones that I revisit the most, but unfortunately I didn't really enjoy the Prisoner of Azkaban movie. It's seems to be considered the best movie and is pretty gorgeous to look at but as an adaptation I don't think the movie does a good job at depicting the plot in the books and a lot of stuff is just left out or glossed over in a confusing manner, although I have no way knowing what a person who never read the books experienced from this film. (also there's that sacrilegious transfer of Ron's line to Hermione smh smh smh smh smh)
I've watched the movie before reading the book and thought it was quitte good. I think the best part is how the movie successfully mixes the still kind of nice and a bit childish style of the previous movies while also introducing much darker elements like the Dementors, I was terrified of them when I was a kid (although to be fair, they weren't as terrifying as Maleficent appearing in the chimney in Sleeping Beauty. That one didn't terrify me, it TRAUMATIZED me), it was a good way to show the bridge between the marvellous discovery of the magical world in your childhood and the definitely more adult and serious problems you can encounter. But yeah, I can see where you're going. Although to be fair, the stuff they cut in this one isn't as bad as Half-Blood Prince (the Gaunt being the prime examples of course).
I kinda respect what they did with the Order of the Phoenix movie though, I acknowledge the fact that they can't put 800 pages of source material into a 2 hour movie and instead they did something quite distinct and ended up being the shortest Harry Potter movie, yet keeping the core message of the book in a coherent and non-confusing way.
That's exactly why I loved it. It would have been impossible to put everything in it, even with making a 3h-long movie, so they had to cut many things (Dobby and Marietta being only examples) and make something shorter. And I think they did pretty well all things considered. Also, the duel between Dumbledore and Voldemort is just the best and much better than in the book. Hope the final duel between Dumbledore and Grindelwald will be as good as that, or even better in FB 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back