• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean supposedly Marvel seems to be going a bit darker, given NWH and what we’ve heard of Moon Knight, Into the Multiverse and Deadpool.

I can see him being toned down when appearing in others stuff but I think his own stuff could still be violent.
Yes, they're getting a bit darker but not to the raw-brutal-and-uncomfortable-torture-scene-that-looks-like-it-was-straight-up-taken-from-Banshee dark, wich was exactly what the Punisher was

Deadpool is still remaining R-Rated, and if that succeeds (Which it most likely will if everything goes smooth), Disney might change its tone towards its superhero properties.
true but I still have extreme doubts so we'll have to wait if Deadpool really will be as gory and perverted as he was in his first two movies. And even if they do keep him as violent and perverted, that doesn't mean Punisher would be just as violent. But yeah, let's just wait to see what they'll do

dewt1q7-e4aed7b8-2509-4512-9818-f8b81953efe2.png

new Scarlet Witch render to replace the old one?

No weapons, no equipment. just barehanded (or footed) combat. Which team are you taking:

Team A:
Shang-Chi
Yelena
Herbless Kilmonger
Maya
Clint
Wenwu
Death dealer

Team B:
Xialing
Natasha
Herbless T'Challa
Sharon
Sam Wilson
Taskmaster
Okoye

No weapons, no equipment. just barehanded (or footed) combat. Which team are you taking:

Team A:
Shang-Chi
Yelena
Herbless Kilmonger
Maya
Clint
Wenwu
Death dealer

Team B:
Xialing
Natasha
Herbless T'Challa
Sharon
Sam Wilson
Taskmaster
Okoye
Also i pick team A
Shang chi above Xialing
Herbless Kilmonger already beat Herbless T'Challa
I never saw sharon fight hand to hand and even if she did i doubt it was better than maya so Maya above Sharon.
Natasha beat taskmaster so Wenwu would low-mid dif. Wenwu above Taskmaster.
Death dealer above Okoye i never saw her fight without her spear.

That's 5 - 2

All of them? But, why? And when was that decided? Why are their shields still 7-B? Why were the pages not altered accordingly?
They were altered accordingly and their shields could tank blast that killed leviathans that's why their shields are still 7-B. This was decided in like october I think and it wasn't necessarily that all their abilities ignore durability but that they're hax abilities also, none have been direct ap other than the magic weapons

I still haven't really found enough conclusive information on magic to suggest a specific tier for sorcerers in confidence, but I'll repeat some information I've stated before:

Closing portals can cut off Cull Obsidian's hand, and they don't seem to ignore durability considering that that Joe Russo stated that closing a portal on Thanos to cut off his arm wouldn't work, at least not quickly enough to be a viable method of stopping him, and this is specifically attributed to the durability of Thanos' skin.

Their natural lifting strength should probably be higher than Average Human. Kaecilius can lift and slam Doctor Strange with one arm (1:13), which seems like it should at least be Above Average Human.

Also, pre-Infinity War Strange, Mordo, and Wong withstood getting hit by a shockwave from Kaecilius that shook multiple vehicles, including a bus (3:07). Not sure whether or not that would yield results that could upgrade them above 9-C physically, but it seems worth noting at least.

The Masters of the Mystic Arts specifically use Eldritch magic, which is light-based, producing sparks and energy, and uses a fiery yellow/orange colour palette throughout.

Eldritch magic energy is drawn from other dimensions of the multiverse to cast spells, and to conjure shields and weapons (1:58)

Items such as Sling Rings and relics are imbued with magic that is too powerful to sustain by sorcerers normally, allowing them to withstand the strain.

So the magic used by sorcerers generally seems to come from the same source, just shaped and conjured in different forms. I don't think it will get any speed upgrades despite being light-based, as it doesn't really seem to show many properties of light. While I think it is very probable that closing portals from the likes of Wong can be 6-C for cutting off Cull Obsidian's hand (but low enough in the tier that Thanos would be capable of withstanding it through sheer durability), the fact that portals can only be used with a Sling Ring leads me to believe it would not scale to regular magic attacks from Wong and sorcerers on his level if they can't safely channel the levels of power that are imbued in magical objects.

If Strange gets 8-C durability for withstanding a pumpkin bomb explosion at close range, I wonder if that would scale to any other sorcerers. Do we have any reason to assume that Strange's physical AP/durability significantly increased along with his magical power between the 2016 movie and Infinity War?

The Cloak of Levitation seemed comparable to Spider-Man physically, which seems consistent with it being able to wrestle with Drax in Infinity War. I'm not really sure if it scales to AP or just Lifting Strength. It could knock Drax down mid-charge at least. (5:30) If it scales to AP, that might support other sorcerers being 8-C physically, as a Zealot required multiple slams from the Cloak to subdue (1:02)

Also, some respect threads I found that might have useful stuff (though no feats past Phase 3 are included):

Doctor Strange

Ancient One

Wong

Kaecilius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back