• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a single scene for him that was deleted from the final cut, which can be found here from 6:32 to 7:35 (which I think was a big mistake to remove), but otherwise, those versions didn't stick around.
It's sad that this scene got cut out. Wouldn't have fixed the movie at all, but it would've been nice to see this small expansion on Flash in the TASM universe

With No Way Home just days away, the official No Spoilers PSA is here!

As the description puts it: NO SPOILERS. 🚫 Don’t be that person. If you want to be extra safe, stop reading comments, mute keywords, and start staying off social media today!
THIS SERIOUSLY↑↑↑😤😤🙏

IF YOU WANT TO TALK NWH SPOILERS NOW THAT IT'LL START BEING AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS FOR SOME, MAKE A NEW THREAD JUST FOR THAT.

Pls don't be that guy...or girl being an ass talking spoilers here ESPECIALLY spoiling WITHOUT TAGS or I can say with certainty you'd be wished a kindly **** OFF(and lots of other explicit language I don't believe we can express on this wiki)

Legit we honestly don't need another Eternals situation moving forward for any reason

People who watched NWH:
spider-man3-tobey-maguire.gif

Considering you're actually getting the chance to watch it? Hold off on spoilers. I'm in a different position and I don't want your enjoyment and patience to be stomped out
Yeah thanks 😭😭 it's just taking every fiber of my being to not scroll Twitter on the NWH tag or look into everything involving as I usually would for some stuff but yeah I'm literally seeing it Friday there's just aching PAIN to see this movie

Yeah, definitely avoid Twitter guys. There's one account specifically for VERY real leaks. Just don't go on there until you get the chance (if you want to see the film spoiler free anyways)

Yeah, definitely avoid Twitter guys. There's one account specifically for VERY real leaks. Just don't go on there until you get the chance
Welp that sucks for me I'm on Twitter a lot 😭like everyday I should be good as long as I'm not going to any Spider-Man tags I think

When I see the movie on the 16th, I'll be in a packed theater, with literally every seat behind the front two rows taken. That'll be almost 40 people in the room total. First time for me being in a theater anywhere close to that packed since Endgame. I guess practically every Spider-Man fan in my area is participating in the hype now. It's funny to think back on when the trailer for Captain America Civil War came out over five years ago and caused many people (including myself) to have basically this reaction.

When I see the movie on the 16th, I'll be in a packed theater, with literally every seat behind the front two rows taken. That'll be almost 40 people in the room total. First time for me being in a theater anywhere close to that packed since Endgame. I guess practically every Spider-Man fan in my area is participating in the hype now. It's funny to think back on when the trailer for Captain America Civil War came out over five years ago and caused many people (including myself) to have basically this reaction.
Yeah lol and my theater is almost entirely filled it'll be like 50-60ish people and it's in IMAX🙏🥺 I'm going to love this movie

Huh not getting notifications from here apparently. Was wondering was there a Marvel discussion thread lmfao.

Hawkeye has its problems not gonna lie. In fact it seems to be a recurring theme of these Disney+ shows. We have 3 episodes of slow character building, which is all good and cool and well written except it's taking up half the show. If it was a 20 episode CW show then sure go ahead but it seems like literally every time (I call it the Disney+ cycle) they inevitably cram a shitton into the 4-5 episodes after a slow starting few episodes where everyone gets hyped af and "yeah! best show!" and then the final episode often feels slightly underwhelming and like it could have delivered more.

This isn't an uncommon criticism, idk why they aren't learning from it.

I would have liked a darker tone and a greater focus on the character of Hawkeye/Ronin just like Black Widow, but I guess it's Disney and I shouldn't expect so. For all I've said though, it's definitely still very enjoyable, just that it seems like everyone else already talked about the good.

Plus I've rewatched the old Spider-Man movies in preparation, and I know it's kinda considered blasphemy, but while they are definitely still classics parts of the Raimi movies didn't age well lmao. Makes you cringe every 5 minutes. I guess it's superhero movies of a bygone era. Still enjoyable though.

Huh not getting notifications from here apparently. Was wondering was there a Marvel discussion thread lmfao.

Hawkeye has its problems not gonna lie. In fact it seems to be a recurring theme of these Disney+ shows. We have 3 episodes of slow character building, which is all good and cool and well written except it's taking up half the show. If it was a 20 episode CW show then sure go ahead but it seems like literally every time (I call it the Disney+ cycle) they inevitably cram a shitton into the 4-5 episodes after a slow starting few episodes where everyone gets hyped af and "yeah! best show!" and then the final episode often feels slightly underwhelming and like it could have delivered more.

This isn't an uncommon criticism, idk why they aren't learning from it.

I would have liked a darker tone and a greater focus on the character of Hawkeye/Ronin just like Black Widow, but I guess it's Disney and I shouldn't expect so. For all I've said though, it's definitely still very enjoyable, just that it seems like everyone else already talked about the good.

Plus I've rewatched the old Spider-Man movies in preparation, and I know it's kinda considered blasphemy, but while they are definitely still classics parts of the Raimi movies didn't age well lmao. Makes you cringe every 5 minutes. I guess it's superhero movies of a bygone era. Still enjoyable though.
Rip hawkeye feels pretty good to me and I'd have to disagree with your take the show has been really good with not cramming too much into each episode while pretty skillfully building characters and developing arcs so far I haven't seen the same criticisms of it your speaking of and seemingly it's being pretty well received as far as I've seen over twitter and YouTube. Also hawkeye is only 6 episodes so it's like they literally only have those 6 episodes to tell it's story and I believe the pacing has been moving along perfectly fine to fit within that time frame. It's been slow when needed and had some off the wall action in turn when appropriate it's doing a really good balance

It's not exactly that I'm not happy with what's being shown at the moment in Hawkeye, the plot and character development have been good in Marvel for years and isn't expected to be bad (which is why you set a higher bar), it's more so that when I look at the time and the episodes left I'm a bit concerned at where they're going as it feels a bit slow when we're supposed to be over halfway through, as the previous Disney+ shows do have a record of slightly underwhelming finales. Maybe the director is a genius and knows what he's doing and I'll look back more fondly, but I don't quite see it currently.

Also it really depends on what communities you subscribe to, the diehard Marvel fanbase are going to praise every thing they put out as a masterpiece, more normie fans that will appreciate most products with constructive criticism, the sort of Gamergate community that in my opinion did have some valid points back in the day but to me it seems like they're just blindly ******** on every thing to fit the agenda of "modern entertainment bad", and then you have the "professional" reviewers who try to be unbiased but sometimes gloss over the perspective of a fan rather than that of a critic.

It does seem like the normal fans like it a lot so far, but I do tend to try and listen to all sides on social media.

I have to heavily disagree

Note that I have no nostalgic ties to that trilogy (didn’t watch them when I was a little kid), and while it definitely is representative of its time, I think it’s incredibly well made and an impressive trilogy for the characer

The character development of Peter Parker is definitely well-made and Tobey Maguire is easily the best Spider-Man in terms of character arc in my opinion, I'm more so talking about smaller stuff like dialogue, effects, etc, and um, Mary Jane. I respect that it's sort of the cheesy superhero genre in the past but from the perspective of the present it feels iffy when watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back