• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost forgot. DO NOT SEARCH UP ANY REVIEWS. Seriously one of them just kinda said "nah **** it" and spoiled the stuff Feige has been trying to keep quiet. Especially the big stuff. It isn't an obscure review either, it's a fairly popular page
Variety right?

that's it guys, first rotten review for the movie... and the complaint is
"not enough advertising for 20 year old movies"

These crazy-lunatic-insane-wtf reviews and the hype about NWH everywhere (no place is safe!) made me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
spongebob-patrick.gif

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame
Venom
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Rank all of the movies connected to NWH challenge (this list isn't a spoiler for NWH btw, they're all connected in some way)

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Avengers: Infinity War
Venom
Spider-Man: Far From Home

Rank all of the movies connected to NWH challenge (this list isn't a spoiler for NWH btw, they're all connected in some way)
i'll only include the movies i've watched so
Venom
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man 1
Amazing Spider-Man
Homecoming
keep in mind this is based on the personal enjoyment i had while watching the movies, which is why the dumb fun movies are as high as they are

So I was thinking to myself on what we can do moving forward on revising the tier 8s (at least just a bit). A thought came to mind and I don't wanna turn this into a mini-revision thread, just a discussion on where we can go moving forward with guys like Steve, Spidey, and so forth

On Klaue's page, we note how his arm cannon should be superior to the Wakandan Handheld Sonic Spear which can destroy tanks. I agree with it being superior to them, but a question I was considering is why isn't T'Challa's suit considered to be within that same ballpark? I don't see why someone of his status wouldn't have higher level technology on his side. Along with this, he even tanks one of Klaue's blasts

Something I'm missing here?

NOTE: I also don't understand the claim on Killmonger's profile that Black Panther only endured a small portion of the cannon's power. It wasn't damaged until T'Challa took a swing at it himself

Last edited:
Looking it over, T'Challa's profile states that his durability is:

Building level physically (Was near the perimeter of a huge explosion and took little damage, took hits from the Winter Soldier. Survived being rammed by vibranium maglevs at top speed while his suit was disabled. Brushed off Ulysses Klaue's cannon-blast, which can destroy vibranium cars. Was able to resist several of Black Widow's Taser Disks). At least City Block level with his vibranium suit (Captain America's shield bounces off him), higher with updated version (Can absorb kinetic energy and sound energy. Was hit by a charging rhino). His kinetic energy absorption makes him hard to defeat

Technically, if the profile is scaling to Cap's shield, the suit's durability should be upgraded to Multi-City Block level instead. Also, his kinetic energy pulse is stated to be at most High 8-C, but if it's meant to scale to the most energy the suit can withstand getting hit by, it should be at most 8-A.

The profiles state that T'Challa's suit was disabled at that moment, though I can't remember that plot point myself. Though I still don't see, at least for right now, why the Panther suits wouldn't be stronger than the Spears

EDIT: Right, I probably should've mentioned T'Challa tanking the blast suitless

Last edited:
I find it questionable if Klaue and the Sonic Spears even scale to that 8-C tank busting calc, simply because we just have the vague statement of being able to "stop a tank" to go off of. Hadn't it been concluded that even tier 9 attacks could damage/pierce a tank enough to put it out of commission? I don't think we have evidence to prove with certainty that stopping a tank in this case means completely destroying its armor.

I wouldn't entirely dismiss that Erik implied destruction in his statement. Consider that he followed up this "Untraceable by metal detectors and we've got thousands of them." Killmonger was aiming to use the sheer power that Wakanda's technology could produce in order to achieve his goals and given his military experience, I'm sure it's not unreasonable to assume he was claiming these weapons could destroy tanks. Considering he uses the word "stop" too, I doubt he simply means piercing and nothing else

T'Challa's durability would scale to his AP given the Herb that granted his powers should have no reason to not grant make his durability greater than what he can output. His durability of course scales to Klaue's cannon which should we still assume upscales the tank destruction calc, gives us an idea of where other tier 8s should stand (> 0.5912 tons of TNT)

I wonder if there's any other feats that would give more consistency to the Tier 8s. Maybe Mysterio's drones? Some of the damage output feats in this respect thread might be useful to calc, at least the ones that can be determined to count for direct AP.

I'll have to keep my eye out for any potential Tier 8 feats when I go see No Way Home on Thursday (to only bring up in spoiler tags or a NWH discussion thread if one gets made, of course)

More consistency would be great. From Mysterio, here's a few that stand out:

-Destroying a carousel
-Large water burst
-Dragging and destroying a double-decker bus
-Casually thrashing buildings
-Destroying Happy's jet
-Splitting the ground
-Punching through a large bridge

Before anyone brings this up, real destruction was a required part of Mysterio's plans so "illusions" can't be used as an anti-feat

Starting to question why more Mysterio calcs weren't done, these absolutely scale to Peter's durability. These feats can also be found on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back