• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos breathed out, wiping a bead of sweat from his cheek. He had spent most of the week held up inside one of the church's forges, toiling away. As he told the women, he had worked to mass produce enchanted rings, creating as many as he could for the remnants of the soldiers. The enchantments inside each ring weren't that powerful, focusing more on quantity than quality. Still, as a benefit, this allowed humans to use them more freely, without worrying about the adverse effects of mana use.

When he wasn't crafting, he was studying. He had borrowed several of the books within the library, taking meticulous notes on Cornelius' writing. This, in addition to his newfound mana sight, had allowed him to bring his craftsmanship to a new level. His technique had become far more accurate, allowing him to weave enchantments he could have never dreamed of in the past. While the raw power of his magical items didn't change significantly, his newfound mastery of technique was an indescribable boon to him.

During that week…he had avoided Sylvia entirely. His fear and anxiety stopped him from attempting to talk to her about what had happened. He had constantly thought about the event, replaying what had happened in his head. The shame in his own cowardice only grew as time went on, alongside the anger that he was still playing into his father's torment. It was only on the final day that Siglos had finally gathered the courage to apologize to Slyvia, his mind finally set. It wasn't fair of him, to react so harshly, to put what happened in the past over her kindness.

"A-alright..." Siglos murmured to himself. He finished creating his last ring, before stuffing it inside his bag. He had already returned the books he had borrowed to the library, knowing he couldn't keep them forever. Though his notes were detailed enough, he could refer back to them when needed.

"...I'm...I'm g-going to t-talk to her..." Siglos said quietly. He smacked his cheeks, taking a shaky breath. Slowly, he opened the door to the forge, taking a hesitant step outward. Taking another breath to calm himself, he gradually walked through the church, hoping he'd run into Slyvia and the others.

Jeanne glanced at Noah and Khadgar as they arrived, just breathing out. "Alright. Were you going somewhere?" Jeanne asked, noticing Noah and Khadgar's explosive growth, and wondering where everyone else was.

"Oh, and my training went fine, Siglos." Jeanne said with a smile.

Last edited:
Jeanne glanced at Noah and Khadgar as they arrived, just breathing out. "Alright. Were you going somewhere?" Jeanne asked, noticing Noah and Khadgar's explosive growth, and wondering where everyone else was.

"Oh, and my training went fine, Siglos." Jeanne said with a smile.
Siglos smiled at the women, before nodding.

"I-I...w-was trying t-to find Slyvia." Siglos admitted quietly.

"D-do you know w-where she is?"

"Have you... not heard her and Cain training?" Jeanne asked, tilting her head. "They've been going at it non-stop all week."
Siglos shook his head.

"..I-I wasn't n-nearby. I...I p-pretty much slept in the f-forge all week..." Siglos said quietly. He would have chuckled, if he hadn't been so anxious.

"I-is she still i-in the training room?" He said softly.

Siglos shook his head.

"..I-I wasn't n-nearby. I...I p-pretty much slept in the f-forge all week..." Siglos said quietly. He would have chuckled, if he hadn't been so anxious.

"I-is she still i-in the training room?" He said softly.
"She should be. I haven't seen either of them around." Jeanne said, "I think they stopped training a while ago, though."

"She should be. I haven't seen either of them around." Jeanne said, "I think they stopped training a while ago, though."
Siglos breathed a small sigh of relief, glad he wouldn't have to interrupt the pair.

"A-alright, Jeanne. T-thank you." Siglos said softly. He bowed, leaning forward for a moment, before straightening himself.

"O-oh! A-also, i-if you ever w-want something e-enchanted, y-you can c-come to me! I-I've gotten a lot better at it; I'd love to show you sometime." He said quietly, flashing her a soft smile.

Siglos breathed a small sigh of relief, glad he wouldn't have to interrupt the pair.

"A-alright, Jeanne. T-thank you." Siglos said softly. He bowed, leaning forward for a moment, before straightening himself.

"O-oh! A-also, i-if you ever w-want something e-enchanted, y-you can c-come to me! I-I've gotten a lot better at it; I'd love to show you sometime." He said quietly, flashing her a soft smile.
Jeanne smiled, "I'd love for you to enchant my armor some time, Siglos. My flag and sword are already enchanted so I'd like my armor to be a bit more durable." She said.

Jeanne smiled, "I'd love for you to enchant my armor some time, Siglos. My flag and sword are already enchanted so I'd like my armor to be a bit more durable." She said.
Siglos nodded eagerly.

"G-great! I-If we have a-any d-downtime once we get to t-the town, I-I can see what I can do!" Siglos said, flashing her a soft smile. He gave her a small wave, before slowly moving away to the training grounds, already making mental notes on how he could reinforce her armor.

Siglos nodded eagerly.

"G-great! I-If we have a-any d-downtime once we get to t-the town, I-I can see what I can do!" Siglos said, flashing her a soft smile. He gave her a small wave, before slowly moving away to the training grounds, already making mental notes on how he could reinforce her armor.
As Siglos walked, he could already see many signs of a fight having broke out, with gashes in the walls and small craters having been formed across the architecture as he reached the training room, the door having been violently crushed and widened, clearly so Sylvia could fit through it.

As Siglos walked, he could already see many signs of a fight having broke out, with gashes in the walls and small craters having been formed across the architecture as he reached the training room, the door having been violently crushed and widened, clearly so Sylvia could fit through it.
Siglos paused, lingering inside the ruined architecture for a few moments. Gently, he walked towards one of the walls, running a soft hand along one of the gashes. It was deep, deep enough that if the attack had hit a human, it would likely reduce them to paste. For a brief moment...he trembled slightly.

"...S-she...isn't like that. She isn't him. I'm....I'm safe." Siglos thought. He pushed the thought out of his mind, before patting the wall a few times. Mana flowed from his hands, slowly restoring part of the wall back into its original state. It was a basic restoration spell, one of the few Siglos spells Siglos learned outside of enchantment. One section of the wall had been repaired. He breathed out, steeling his resolve.

"...I'm...I'm going to move forward. A-and...I can't do that...i-if I let...him control how I think...!" Siglos murmured. He clenched his fists, taking another shaky breath. Gingerly, he began to move forward, walking through the larger entrance.

Siglos paused, lingering inside the ruined architecture for a few moments. Gently, he walked towards one of the walls, running a soft hand along one of the gashes. It was deep, deep enough that if the attack had hit a human, it would likely reduce them to paste. For a brief moment...he trembled slightly.

"...S-she...isn't like that. She isn't him. I'm....I'm safe." Siglos thought. He pushed the thought out of his mind, before patting the wall a few times. Mana flowed from his hands, slowly restoring part of the wall back into its original state. It was a basic restoration spell, one of the few Siglos spells Siglos learned outside of enchantment. One section of the wall had been repaired. He breathed out, steeling his resolve.

"...I'm...I'm going to move forward. A-and...I can't do that...i-if I let...him control how I think...!" Siglos murmured. He clenched his fists, taking another shaky breath. Gingerly, he began to move forward, walking through the larger entrance.
"You've gotten a lot stronger, Cain...! I didn't expect you to hit me so hard with your halo..." Sylvia said in their unique language, scratching the back of her head a bit.

"Using its durability to my advantage is something I've done rather frequently, Sylvia." Cain said in the same language, breathing out a bit.

The Rakshashin duo stood in the midst of a large crater that had been torn into the ground, clearly an effort that both of them contributed to over an entire week of practically non-step training, with neither of them having noticed that he was in the room yet. (So yes it happened over time.)

Cain sat down in the crater, just gently breathing to regain her stamina as her halo floated above her, softly spinning above her and releasing a gentle heat above her. The heat seemed to calm her down, like some sort of remedy. Multiple blunt wounds and bruises were displayed across her body, some serious, some not, but she didn't seem to be at all bothered by any of them. In fact, the abundance of fresh wounds on her body reminded her of home, and, in a way, seemed to calm her down even more.

Sylvia stood a few meters away from Cain, stretching out. She wasn't currently wearing her sweater, and as such, covered her chest in darkness to compensate. Now that Siglos got a good look, he would see that, contrary to how soft she felt, she was incredibly built, Siglos being unable to find a corner of her visible body that wasn't steel-like, clad in muscle. As she stretched, her abs would violently stretch and decompress as if they were springs getting ready to violently shoot up and break free from her skin. The most notable areas, which Siglos would've most likely already seen by now, were her leg and lower-body areas, which were had far, far more bulk than any male human or Everian he would've most likely seen in his lifetime by this point, with even the tiniest movement making her thighs and her calves stretch and decompress grotesquely, as if they were some sort of living organism... Her body was also littered in wounds, but, contrary to Cain, she didn't cover her entire body in darkness, letting Siglos see a variety of slashes and gashes, bruises, burns, etc. Some were fresh, and some were old and clearly never healed, with these wounds covering practically every inch of her adamantium-like build.

Siglos said nothing, simply staring at the duo for a few moments, watching Slyvia's muscles move and flex.

"...S-she's...like a stone wall..." Siglos thought. That's the only word that came to mind, her massive statue and adamantine flesh calling to mind to sturdiest castle walls he had seen, the ones only reserved to guard the mightiest of fortresses. The sight caused him to blush, his cheeks growing warm as he stared at her exposed muscle. His eyes began to settle upon her many, many wounds, his eyes widening slightly as he saw just how much damage Slyvia had accumulated in her lifetime.

"...W-what...happened to her..." Siglos thought. He wondered what life she could've lived, to have gathered so many battle scars, much less how she could stand so casually with her current wounds. Gathering his courage, he slowly took a step forward, already fishing inside his bag for a few healing potions.

"S-....Slyvia...?" Siglos said quietly.

Last edited:
Cain turned to Siglos as he called out to Sylvia, gently growling towards him as Sylvia looked down at Siglos.

"Hi..." Sylvia signed, her expression becoming visibly grimmer as he approached.
Siglos hesitated for a few moments, before slowly walking up to Slyvia, looking up at her.

"...H-here. I-I...I brought you s-something for y-your wounds." Siglos said quietly. He slowly reached out his hand, holding a large healing potion he had gotten from his bag.

Sylvia glanced at the healing potion, breathing out. She reached down for a mere moment, before flinching backward hard, shaking her head.

"...No thanks. I'm used to getting hurt." Sylvia signed, taking a step back from Siglos.

Cain's growling lowered, before she just sighed, glancing at Sylvia with a slightly pained expression in her eyes before it went away.

Sylvia glanced at the healing potion, breathing out. She reached down for a mere moment, before flinching backward hard, shaking her head.

"...No thanks. I'm used to getting hurt." Sylvia signed, taking a step back from Siglos.

Cain's growling lowered, before she just sighed, glancing at Sylvia with a slightly pained expression in her eyes before it went away.
Siglos stared at the woman, his face growing visibly sad as he slowly placed the potion into his bag. He glanced over at Cain for a moment, before slowly turning back to Slyvia.

A...alright, Slyvia." Siglos said quietly.

"...I-I..." He said. He hesitated, before continuing.

"...I...I w-wanted...t-to talk to you...S-Slyvia. D-do...do you have a moment...?" Siglos said quietly. He slowly looked up at her. Awaiting her response.

Siglos stared at the woman, his face growing visibly sad as he slowly placed the potion into his bag. He glanced over at Cain for a moment, before slowly turning back to Slyvia.

A...alright, Slyvia." Siglos said quietly.

"...I-I..." He said. He hesitated, before continuing.

"...I...I w-wanted...t-to talk to you...S-Slyvia. D-do...do you have a moment...?" Siglos said quietly. He slowly looked up at her. Awaiting her response.
Sylvia just nodded, waiting for Siglos to say what he needed to say.

Sylvia just nodded, waiting for Siglos to say what he needed to say.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, slowly, he got onto one knee, bowing deeply.

"...What I did last week....w-was...unacceptable." He said quietly. He took a shaky breath, his hands balling into fists. His voice became clearer, clearly having had this on his mind for a while.

"...Y-you...went out of your way...to show me kindness. A-and...I ran away from you. That wasn't right...y-you didn't deserve that. W-when...when it happened, i-it reminded my...my..." He trailed off, trembling slightly.

"...It reminded me of bad memories from my past. And...and I panicked." Siglos said quietly.

"...But it wasn't right, to put that on you. Y-you....your amazing, Slyvia. A-and I know you wouldn't try to hurt me. Not on purpose." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I say all that to say..." Siglos said quietly.

"...That I want to hug you again, Slyvia. I...don't want to lose, your friendship." He said.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, slowly, he got onto one knee, bowing deeply.

"...What I did last week....w-was...unacceptable." He said quietly. He took a shaky breath, his hands balling into fists. His voice became clearer, clearly having had this on his mind for a while.

"...Y-you...went out of your way...to show me kindness. A-and...I ran away from you. That wasn't right...y-you didn't deserve that. W-when...when it happened, i-it reminded my...my..." He trailed off, trembling slightly.

"...It reminded me of bad memories from my past. And...and I panicked." Siglos said quietly.

"...But it wasn't right, to put that on you. Y-you....your amazing, Slyvia. A-and I know you wouldn't try to hurt me. Not on purpose." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I say all that to say..." Siglos said quietly.

"...That I want to hug you again, Slyvia. I...don't want to lose, your friendship." He said.
Sylvia breathed out, "You... haven't lost my friendship, Siglos. You never did." She signed, "Get off your knees..."

"No, Siglos, I..." Sylvia signed partially, her hands trembling as she breathed out, looking down at the Everian.

"Our friendship isn't... ruined..." Sylvia signed, "But... I... don't forgive you. I'm still upset, and... afraid that I... I..." Her hands continued to tremble.

"It just made me... remember... r-...remember..."

It made her remember a feeling... That she didn't want to remember. It made her remember what it felt like to be feared by another, what it felt like to...

To be looked at with contempt, and disgust. It made her remember the first time that she killed someone. Her own brethren. It had been so long that she could hardly remember why, but, she remembered what it felt like to fight her fellow Rakshashin.

She remembered the fear in their eyes when she began pashing their head in with her bare hands. The contempt, the pain, the anguish in their screams as she crushed them beneath her heel. She remembered what it felt to feel her muscles violently contract as she did it, like a pulsing, throbbing organism, her entire body flexed grotesquely to help her end their life.

When it had happened, she remembered looking down at the corpse, no longer even recognizable. She remembered looking at her hands, covered in blood, pulverized brain matter, and shards of black bone, trembling as she did. She remembered what it felt like to hyperventilate as she realized her situation, her young mind unable to comprehend what she had done.

"Magnificent, Sylvia..."

But, most of all, she remembered the compliments she received for having done it. She remembered her father coming up to her, examining the corpse she had straddled, as well as Sylvia's own rapidly changing body. She remembered his blank, hollow look turn to a smirk, and then a smile, and then, he let out a cackle of ecstasy.

"Magnificent, indeed...! You've finally awakened your latent strength...!"

She remembered hating it. Magnificent? This was magnificent? She remembered what it felt like to glare at her father, her eyes wide with an expression that only expressed unfathomable confusion. What about this feeling was magnificent? What about this was feeling was supposed to be good? She remembered being unable to fathom it. Killing her own brethren was... magnificent? Rending their lives from them was a magnificent display...?

She remembered what it felt like for her father to hug her tightly, continuing to cackle at the display he had seen. "Yes, I thought that your body was useless and frail, but, to think you had this talent within you... Haha.... Hahaha...!!!"

She remembered what it felt like to have unfathomable rage build up within her. Now? Why was he hugging her now? After she had grow more muscular? After she had grown taller? After she had displayed this much violence against her own kin?

She remembered staying silent, just softly returning her father's hug. She remembered the feeling, the thought that was brewing within her mind. Even now, she still replayed the event in her mind. She replayed the fear and anguish she saw in the eyes of her kin as she annihilated them, she replayed their scared, blood-curdling shouts that only seemed to last for a few moments before Sylvia took their life.

"This is excellent, Sylvia... I know you'll never bring shame upon the name of Abel with this newfound talent..."

She remembered having to hold back a torrent of tears, and shouts, and screams of anguish and fear. She remembered the feeling it felt like to have to hold it back every, single day. Even now, she was still holding it back. Holding back the blood-curdling fear she felt towards her instincts...

Especially to a man who was so fragile, that she could break him in half without much effort. She couldn't help but remember, at this moment, the image of her kin's unrecognizable crushed skull. Had Cain not stopped Sylvia...

That... would've been Siglos.

And it frightened her. Frightened her beyond belief.

"It made me remember something, that... I... don't want to... remember..." Sylvia finished signing, her hands and arms trembling.

Siglos stared at the women for a moment. His slowly gaze lowered ground, nodding. It occurred to him now that he may not be the only person still troubled by his past, and that the incident might have affected her more than he could've known.

"...I..."

"...I understand, Slyvia." Siglos said quietly. Sadness washed over him like a tidal wave, anger and regret mixing in his mind as he closed his eyes for a moment, breathing out.

"...I'll...leave you, then. I..." Siglos trailed off.

"...I'm sorry." He murmured. He took a step away from Slyvia, bowing to the women, before beginning to walk away.

Sylvia immediately kneeled down, placing her hand on Siglos' shoulder.

"No...! Siglos, I... I don't... forgive you, but... I don't want us to be... like this because of one incident. Live... Live and learn, right...?" Sylvia signed, "Your... a really, really great person Siglos... And while you made a mistake, I don't think your not an amazing person..."

Siglos froze as her hand rested on his shoulder, surprise washing over him. For a brief moment, he tensed up...before slowly relaxing. He turned around, looking up at her.

"...T-thank you, Slyvia." Siglos said softly.

"...I...I don't think I deserve t-those kind words...but...I won't repeat this mistake..." Siglos said quietly.

"...I-I promise you." He murmured. Gingerly, he raised his hand, moving it towards the hand Slyiva had placed on him. He hovered it over hers for a moment, as if to give her time to prepare. Assuming she didn't move away, he gently rested his hand on top of her own, wrapping his hand around one of her fingers.

"You do deserve kind words, Siglos..." Sylvia signed, "Your a kind person, Siglos... And you use your talent for the good of others... and you have people who care about you, Siglos..." She signed, smiling a bit. "Hell, even Archbishop Velen recognizes your talent enough to let you make enchanted items for actual soldiers...! How is that not an amazing thing...?"

"You do deserve kind words, Siglos..." Sylvia signed, "Your a kind person, Siglos... And you use your talent for the good of others... and you have people who care about you, Siglos..." She signed, smiling a bit. "Hell, even Archbishop Velen recognizes your talent enough to let you make enchanted items for actual soldiers...! How is that not an amazing thing...?"
Siglos blushed, unused to being complimented in such a way. He took a step closer to Slyiva, flashing her a wide smile.

"...T-thank you, Slyvia. I...I r-really...appreciate it" Siglos said softly. He leaned in a bit, nearly pressing himself against her arm, though he moved slowly, not wanting to startle her.

"...I...I think you're amazing to..." He said quietly.

Siglos blushed, unused to being complimented in such a way. He took a step closer to Slyiva, flashing her a wide smile.

"...T-thank you, Slyvia. I...I r-really...appreciate it" Siglos said softly. He leaned in a bit, nearly pressing himself against her arm, though he moved slowly, not wanting to startle her.

"...I...I think you're amazing to..." He said quietly.
"There's no need to be a flatterer, Siglos..." Sylvia signed.

"There's no need to be a flatterer, Siglos..." Sylvia signed.
"N-no. I...I really think that, Slyvia." Siglos said softly.

"...Your...so...brave, and fierce. A-and powerful. Y-yet...your...also...so kind." Siglos said softly. He pressed his face against her arm, a soft smile on his face.

"...Your like..the mightiest armor...that can also become the most comfortable of coats..." Siglos said quietly.

"N-no. I...I really think that, Slyvia." Siglos said softly.

"...Your...so...brave, and fierce. A-and powerful. Y-yet...your...also...so kind." Siglos said softly. He pressed his face against her arm, a soft smile on his face.

"...Your like..the mightiest armor...that can also become the most comfortable of coats..." Siglos said quietly.
Sylvia would've chuckled nervously if she could, "I didn't know you knew how to... say stuff like that..." She signed, blushing a soft, green blush, the same color as her eyes as she wrapped her hand around him slowly, pulling him into her gently.

Sylvia would've chuckled nervously if she could, "I didn't know you knew how to... say stuff like that..." She signed, blushing a soft, green blush, the same color as her eyes as she wrapped her hand around him slowly, pulling him into her gently.
"...T-that's...j-just...how I...feel about you, Slyiva..." Siglos said quietly, a blush forming on his own face. Slowly, he learned into Slyiva's body, resting his entire body against her leg as she pulled him in.

"...I...I think you're...beautiful...like a gleaming jewel..." Siglos murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.

For a brief moment, Siglos panicked, wondering if he had been too forward. His face slowly turned red as he blushed intensely. Gingerly, he looked up at Slyvia, staring into her eyes as she leaned down towards him. He still pressed his body against her leg, the warmth and muscle comforting him as he rested against it.

"...W-was...t-that too much...?" Siglos whispered. He flashed her a soft, nervous smile.

Back