• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos glanced back at Slyvia. He said nothing for a few moments, before gently nodding.

A....alright." Siglos said quietly. gingerly he began to stand up.

"_I...it's getting late...I-I should...probably...g-get...going..." Siglos murmured. He tried to flash a soft smile, though it was shaky, clearly forced.
Sylvia nodded, realizing that Siglos would probably be uncomfortable now, seeming visibly upset that she ruined their time together.

In the meantime, somewhere in a forest away from villages by quite a bit, a person with a hood over his head was staring at its animals inside the different folds, some cows, sheeps, even pigs were present

His face was covered by the hood almost entirely due to it being dragged down over, preventing a good look at him

It was pretty peaceful and quiet, yet there were times some people come around and try to bother him, most have bad intentions, on which things get ugly as a result, while some just pass by for indications or such

For a few days, everything was fine, no one bothered this individual, which he wished to remain for far longer, although wishing such a thing wont ever come true

"Siiigh.....to think i would end up this way for going away....no turning back now though...."
As it was getting late, the man puts the animals inside the barn before it was too dark and would shortly after head in his house, taking off anything he wore on the top as he entered in and throwing it on a desk before falling on his back to the bed, staring at the ceiling with a deep sigh

Sylvia just fell back, breathing out. "Damnit... I hate my body sometimes.. Always ruining everything I touch..." She said in her and Cain's unique language.

"It wasn't your fault, Sylvia. It was his for getting to touchy-feely..." Cain said.

"Don't get jealous, Cain..." Sylvia murmured, "We're just friends..."

"We're friends to..." Cain said, moving to lean into Sylvia.

"Of course we're friends, Cain..." Sylvia said, "We're best friends, Cain... I'll never abandon you, alright?" Sylvia said, opting to reassure Cain of that before doing anything else.

"...Okay..." Cain said, "I... I just get worried, sometimes... That I won't be strong enough..."

Sylvia breathed out, shaking her head. "You are strong, Cain... Really strong..! You just have to believe that, alright? Velen didn't mean to call you weak or anything Cain..."

"I... I know it just..." Cain was about to say something, but Sylvia cut her off.

"Let's just go to sleep, alright...? I was going to train, but... I'm not in the mood to..." Sylvia murmured, laying down and beckoning Cain to lay on her tummy.

Cain did just that, snuggling into Sylvia's stomach as she rested her head on her fellow Rakshashin's chest. Cain would close her eyes, in an attempt to quell herself to sleep, which seemed to be successful. She had accumulated enough physical fatigue that she could put herself to sleep rather quickly.

Sylvia, on the other hand, didn't sleep. Instead... She lay awake, eyes wide open as she stared at the golden ceiling.

She breathed out, continuing to stare. She attempted to clear her mind. She looked down at Cain's sleeping body and smiled, running her hand through the young Rakshashin's dirty, but soft and flowing white hair. In a way, just being like this with her best friend let her calm down in a way that she hadn't calmed down in a long time.

It allowed her to remember one of the good times in her life...

She remembered how she lay motionless in pitch black darkness, with only the sound of the cold, desolate wind there to comfort her. How she would lay there, skinny and weak from a lack of food and water, waiting to rot away from her failure, thrown away into a pit as punishment.

She remembered what she was told when she was thrown away. How she was "careless", "undisciplined", "weak", "an insult to the family name".

And as such, this was her punishment, a punishment she was forced to go through countless times already. A punishment that, through time, left her mind hollow, unable to process why she was even being punished in the first place. She could not hope to cry, for all her tears had long since dried up. She could not begin to hope that somebody would come to save her...

But then, she heard something shuffling through the darkness. It wasn't an animal, it didn't smell like that. It smelt like one of her kind, a Rakshashin. But why would one of her kind be thrown into the same pit she was thrown in? She was supposed to be an outlier, wasn't she? All the other children her age were model. None disobeyed orders. They were meant to be machines, with the principles of bloodshed thoroughly pounded into them without fail. And yet... another one of them was given the same punishment she was.

She heard her fellow Rakshashin violently cough, stumbling through the dirt and mud of the pit. She moved around, seemingly to try and find something to cling to. She continued to aimlessly stumble around the cave, letting out groans and coughs until she tripped... Falling right next to Sylvia.

The unknown Rakshashin moved her body, touching Sylvia. As she did so, she clung tightly to her, her claws digging into Sylvia's already frail body. Sylvia didn't react, though. This was normal. She had to kill Sylvia to sustain herself, or else she'd starve to death in this pit.

Sylvia didn't move or react, just letting it happen. Maybe death wasn't such a bad thing, really. If she left the pit, she would only be ridiculed again. She'd only be beaten, and thrown away again. She may as well just let them do it.

But... nothing happened. Nothing violent, anyway.

She wasn't clawed at, or bitten. She wasn't punched or kick. No, what happened was that her fellow Rakshashin clung to her... And she trembled, and cried. She clung to Sylvia's weak body as if this was the only lifeline she had. Sylvia's eyes widened, despite her abundant lack of stamina to even move herself an inch. The girl clung to Sylvia, and Sylvia didn't understand why.

Sylvia didn't move for what seemed like forever. Not because she couldn't move, or well, she couldn't still, but it was more to it than that. She tried to figure out why this girl clung to her so passionately, why she cried and trembled against her. She wanted to know the reason.

And as the girl continued to cry and tremble, she began to move almost instinctively. She slowly, very slowly raised her thin, broken arms, and embraced the girl. And as she did so, as she pulled the crying girl into her embrace, feeling her extremely cold skin press against hers, she realized why the girl so passionately clinging to her.

"Do... you... not... want to be abandoned... to...?" Sylvia thought to herself, the girl's trembling slowly ceasing.

Was this girl so broken, so beaten down, that she clung to somebody she didn't even know in fear of being alone? In fear of being left behind in such pitch-black darkness?...

In a way, Sylvia could understand the girl's plight. In reality, she didn't want her brethren to throw her away, either. She didn't want to be an outcast, a failure. She wanted to be normal to, but, at the same time, she wanted to pursue what she wanted to pursue.

But, this girl didn't want to pursue anything... She just didn't want to be left alone. Her mind was so racked with such a fear, that Sylvia could practically taste the anxiety emanating off of the girl's various wounds. She could taste the cold, hard effort that this girl pounded into herself so that she was not thrown away, rendered pathetic by her own brethren.

She embraced the girl as best she could, letting her tears and trembling cease as they both wasted away in this pit. At the rate they were going, it'd be many months before they were released from confinement.

And for those months, they would simply continue to embrace each other... Until neither had anymore tears to cry.

Sylvia remembered this, and couldn't help but feel at ease. In a way, this was similar to that very time that they had met. They would simply embrace each other until a time where darkness went away came. She moved her arms, gently pulling Cain into her chest. It was different from when she did it with Siglos... Like this, for some reason, she felt as if she had no fears. As if there was nothing that she could not face, with this one girl in her arms. She felt overwhelmingly warm with her best friend in her presence, and she allowed Siglos to make her forget that feeling, even for a moment.

"I'm sorry, Cain..." Sylvia thought to herself. She wasn't going to stop doing this for Siglos, but, she wouldn't allow herself to forget this warmth she felt. She'd pound it into herself until she could never forget it again, slowly closing her eyes...

And letting herself drift away...

(Getting ready to timeskip so if anybody wants to do anything or say anything or interact with anybody do it now or forever hold your peace.)

(Posting a Long post real quick, fine with a time skip after this)

Siglos found an empty room within the church after a few minutes of searching. Slowly, he closed the door behind him, locking it, before collapsing onto the mattress.

"...Cold..." Siglos thought quietly. The sheets felt icy, like someone had dosed the bed in ice water. He squirmed and writhed, trying to get comfortable, but to no avail. Slowly, he moved onto his back, staring at the ceiling that stretched far above him. It was cold...

Unlike her.

"...I-It was...an accident..." Siglos thought. He knew that. He knew she wouldn't lie to him about that. If she had wanted to, she could have easily killed him. It wouldn't matter if she had treated him kindly or not. The logical part of Siglos's brain continued to rationalize what had happened, knowing she wouldn't harm him.

And yet...he ran. Ran away. From one of the few people in his life who had offered him kindness…offered him comfort.

Memories flooded his mind. His father's kind face, gently stroking his hair, placing a hand on his shoulder in faux affection...before tearing it all away in an instant. How he'd convince him that it was his fault, that he had done nothing wrong...that any punishment inflicted was out of love...out of the kindness of his heart. For 20 young years...he had been trapped in that house. Forced to believe the same lie over and over, forced to endure his hellish torture day in and day out. His honeyed words disguising his venomous tongue, his gentle touch obscuring his twisted spells.

…..

The boy remained motionless against the wall, left with nothing but his thoughts as he froze in place. His father's paralysis and sense-dampening spell drew out his suffering for what seemed like an eternity. His eyes open, yet unseeing, his ears alert…yet no sound reached them. He didn't know if he'd been there for minutes, hours, or even days. His sense of time warped by his father's cruel magic. Siglos drifted through the emptiness, his mind knawing away with each passing moment. A part of him wondered if he had simply died, if he had truly drifted into nothing standing there, his lifeless corpse all that remained. The thought brought about a fresh wave of terror Within the boy…yet he remained still…unable to express it, his feelings trapped within the prison of his unmoving flesh.

And then...it stopped. He could see again. He could feel again. He could LIVE again. All at once, his senses returned him, his brain nearly throbbing painfully as it was forced to process the world around him. He gasped, collapsing forward out of shock…

....right into his father's open arms. The man pulled the boy in, hugging him tightly.

"...did you learn your lesson…my precious son?" The father cooed.

The boy, his mind addled, desperate for any semblance of comfort…slowly nodded.

"Y…."

"Y-yes father…" The boy said quietly. He wrapped his arms tightly around his father, his body trembling in the man's grip.

The father smiled. His cold hand slowly moved to the boys head, ruffling his messy, grey hair. Siglos remained still…unwilling to shrink away from the touch of his tormentor.

"I love you, Darius….everything I do…is out of love for you." The father said quietly.

The boy said nothing for a long while, before slowly nodding.

"I love you too…father." The boy murmured. He stared at the ground, his eyes hollow.

"...Slyvia...she...she isn't like that. S-she...she isn't him!" Siglos murmured, clutching his hands against his stomach. He knew that, he knew she wasn't like him.

And yet...his body couldn't stop itself from trembling, tears springing slowly from his eyes. He moved his hands, roughly wiping them against his face. His breathing became ragged and forced, his hand's slowly curling themselves into tight fists. He hated it. Hated his own fear. Hated that he may have lost his only chance at forming a connection with someone. A fleeting hope of happiness, dashed by his own cowardice.

"W-why..." Siglos said quietly.

"Why do you still control my life..." Siglos said softly, tears rolling down his cheeks. Another memory drifted in his vision, one final reminder from his father.

"...You only feel, because I allow it...and you only move, because I let you..."

The words continued to ring in Siglos's ears. He curled up into a ball again, sobbing softly to himself. Eventually…he drifted into a cold, dreamless rest.

(But deadass are you guys(Oliver and Reaper) gonna have Noah and Khadgar interact? I noticed that Oliver seemed to be setting up some sort of interaction but Reaper never responded so I dunno if you guys still plan to follow through on that or if I should just timeskip.)

(I mean, me and Midas are fine with a timeskip, Oliver wants to do the interaction as he said, and Ezran just isn't doing anything so I don't really think you'd be keeping anybody waiting. If you don't wanna do it, that's fine, though.)

(Fine.)

Noah stopped watching as the human used his magic with concentration.

"He's better than me at that" Thought the Mist Dragon, although as such being a magical entity should make her good at controlling magic, she still needs to learn some things, after all, she is very young.
After about 8 hours Khadgar opened his eyes, his abilities in magic improved, though he didn't notice Noah yet

Noah was lying on the ground 25 meters away, next to her was a row of fire, ice and air magic books, her dark blue eyes changed from seeing the book to her hands.

"Let's see if I'm doing it right" she took a wooden cup with water, generally to perform an ice spell, one has to freeze the outer layer of the target and it leads the coldness inside.

But Noah was trying to do something else, she was trying to extract the heat and the molecular movement of the water without changing the outer layer, that way in battle she could freeze the blood of her enemies or the internal organs regardless of the armor and skin alike.

a pretty crazy idea that will take years or even centuries to achieve but with something you start.

Noah was lying on the ground 25 meters away, next to her was a row of fire, ice and air magic books, her dark blue eyes changed from seeing the book to her hands.

"Let's see if I'm doing it right" she took a wooden cup with water, generally to perform an ice spell, one has to freeze the outer layer of the target and it leads the coldness inside.

But Noah was trying to do something else, she was trying to extract the heat and the molecular movement of the water without changing the outer layer, that way in battle she could freeze the blood of her enemies or the internal organs regardless of the armor and skin alike.

a pretty crazy idea that will take years or even centuries to achieve but with something you start.
"Very advanced I see..." Khadgar muttered

"A headache, that's what I can tell you, usually I wouldn't try something like that, but after seeing Jeanne and Wrathion I understood that I'm overthrowing my potential" She said still with the glass in her hand without looking at him
"You shouldn't harm yourself becuase of it however. Wrathion is older than you and Jeanne has been training longer longer you." Khadgar said

"Yes, that's the point, I need to learn, maybe not in this way, but as they say out there, failure is the best teacher" Noah said with a small smile at that last, she knew she was going to fail at this. .

"Besides, I just want to see what I'm doing wrong, to have the full panorama of my current limits" Said the Dragon

"Yes, that's the point, I need to learn, maybe not in this way, but as they say out there, failure is the best teacher" Noah said with a small smile at that last, she knew she was going to fail at this. .

"Besides, I just want to see what I'm doing wrong, to have the full panorama of my current limits" Said the Dragon
"Ice Magic is finicky. It took me a solid year to be able to solidify the moisture in the air into Ice." Khadgar said with a sigh

(Alright, sorry Oliver, Reaper doesn't wanna continue the interaction so I'm finna timeskip.)

A week seemed to pass for the group staying at the cathedral faster than they realized, with the sun slowly rising on a new day, the time at which Diana would come to get them having not been shared..

Currently, Jeanne was walking through the halls, clearly having just finished her morning training, and seeing if anybody was moving around the halls as well. Silently, she pondered the threats that the group would face when they went into battle, remembering the previous skirmish that they had with the Dark God's forces, silently forming a plan in her head.

Sylvia and Cain could be heard training in the deepest parts of the cathedral, having not seemed to stop ever since Sylvia's "incident" with Siglos, just training completely non-stop without considering the effects on the environment or themselves. A few knights had gone to check on them, but, they were swiftly shooed away, and only now could their training be heard to have finally ended.

Back