• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"No need to thank me! You simply need to regulate the flow of mana within any part of your body and shape it to your desire! Once you do, you'll be able to craft far finer weapons, Siglos, and be able to cast far more powerful spells, Khadgar! For Sylvia, since you aren't a mage, it'll most likely be better to focus on your eyes and ears." Velen explained.

"Okay, I did it!" Sylvia said, blinking rapidly. "This is weird..."

"Ah. That was... quick." Velen said with a chuckle.

"Well, it isn't a complex technique. Siglos just botched it cause he was a big dummy!" Sylvia signed, her tone would've been playfully teasing if she could speak, looking around the room.

"...Q-quit it, Slyiva..." Siglos murmured. He took a shaky breath, before slowly closing his eyes. He recalled the sensation he had felt when he had read the book with Slyvia, the gentle hum of mana that had coated his eyes. He attempted to replicate that feeling, slowly drawing the mana within his eyes and focusing it. This time, he managed to regulate the control by himself, slowly focusing on it more and more before he opened his eyes. He slowly glanced down at his cloak, immediately seeing the small aura of mana that surrounded it.

"A-alright...that's Magic Sight..." Siglos thought. He recalled what the book at told him, that Everians could naturally hear mana. coating his ears in a small layer of mana, he focused on his hearing, using the same process he had used on his eyes, but focusing on his ears instead. The soft hum he often heard from his robes gradually became louder and clearer, as he combined his natural ability to hear mana with the Mana Sensing technique he had learned. His ears began to burn uncomfortably for a moment, but he quickly corrected himself, regulating the power so that it didn't go out of control.

"I...I think I-i've gotten the hang of it..." Siglos said quietly.

"I try to keep mana out of my body whenever possible, after all, issues could arise with it!" Khadgar commented
"Obviously, but, simply concentrating you're current mana supply around yourself without direct contact should achieve the same, if not a limited effect." Velen explained, "Just avoid direct contact and focus as you would for any spell!"

"...Q-quit it, Slyiva..." Siglos murmured. He took a shaky breath, before slowly closing his eyes. He recalled the sensation he had felt when he had read the book with Slyvia, the gentle hum of mana that had coated his eyes. He attempted to replicate that feeling, slowly drawing the mana within his eyes and focusing it. This time, he managed to regulate the control by himself, slowly focusing on it more and more before he opened his eyes. He slowly glanced down at his cloak, immediately seeing the small aura of mana that surrounded it.

"A-alright...that's Magic Sight..." Siglos thought. He recalled what the book at told him, that Everians could naturally hear mana. coating his ears in a small layer of mana, he focused on his hearing, using the same process he had used on his eyes, but focusing on his ears instead. The soft hum he often heard from his robes gradually became louder and clearer, as he combined his natural ability to hear mana with the Mana Sensing technique he had learned. His ears began to burn uncomfortably for a moment, but he quickly corrected himself, regulating the power so that it didn't go out of control.

"I...I think I-i've gotten the hang of it..." Siglos said quietly.
(Respond to dommy mommy.)

"Wonderful!" Velen said as Sylvia smiled.

"Maybe you're not so much of a dummy after all!" Sylvia signed.
Siglos rubbed his neck, a soft smile appearing on his face. Slowly, he dispelled the mana, his sight and hearing returning to normal.

"Heh...t-thank you, Sylvia." Siglos said quietly, chuckling a bit. He was still embarrassed, but it was clear from his smile that he was happy with his success.

"A-and...I-I'll make sure t-to put w-what you taught me t-to good use." Siglos said, bowing at the Archbishop.

"That's good! It's getting quite late so I'd suggest calling your studying session to a close, but, I shan't stop you if you decide to indulge yourself in your new skills!" Velen said.

"I think I'm gonna stay a bit longer!" Sylvia signed.

In the meantime, somewhere in a forest away from villages by quite a bit, a person with a hood over his head was staring at its animals inside the different folds, some cows, sheeps, even pigs were present

His face was covered by the hood almost entirely due to it being dragged down over, preventing a good look at him

It was pretty peaceful and quiet, yet there were times some people come around and try to bother him, most have bad intentions, on which things get ugly as a result, while some just pass by for indications or such

For a few days, everything was fine, no one bothered this individual, which he wished to remain for far longer, although wishing such a thing wont ever come true

"Siiigh.....to think i would end up this way for going away....no turning back now though...."

"That's good! It's getting quite late so I'd suggest calling your studying session to a close, but, I shan't stop you if you decide to indulge yourself in your new skills!" Velen said.

"I think I'm gonna stay a bit longer!" Sylvia signed.
Siglos glanced at Slyvia, before turning back to Velen.

"I-I think I'll s-stay a bit longer to...if that's alright." Siglos said quietly, a soft smile on his face.

Jeanne was not dead, but, she was clearly significantly exhausted, making heavy, labored breaths and coughs as she leaned against the wall, barely able to hold her sword. "I've made a lot of progress... My control has improved significantly, I think... Now I just... need endurance... Haaaa... I'll... probably need some healing..."
Siglos glanced at Slyvia, before turning back to Velen.

"I-I think I'll s-stay a bit longer to...if that's alright." Siglos said quietly, a soft smile on his face.
"Alright, alright. Don't have to much fun!" Velen said, glancing suggestively at Siglos and Sylvia before teleporting out of the room.

Sylvia's wings just fluttered happily as she used her tail and wings to scoop up a few more books on random topics, clearly planning to train her Mana Sight through reading.

Jeanne was not dead, but, she was clearly significantly exhausted, making heavy, labored breaths and coughs as she leaned against the wall, barely able to hold her sword. "I've made a lot of progress... My control has improved significantly, I think... Now I just... need endurance... Haaaa... I'll... probably need some healing
(Is she still has blood on her?)

"Alright, alright. Don't have to much fun!" Velen said, glancing suggestively at Siglos and Sylvia before teleporting out of the room.

Sylvia's wings just fluttered happily as she used her tail and wings to scoop up a few more books on random topics, clearly planning to train her Mana Sight through reading.
Siglos chuckled, rubbing his neck. Turning away from the spot where Velen had disappeared, Siglos began gathering a few books of his own. A few related to enchantment and crafting...alongside a few books dedicated to basic sound magic. Slowly, he walked up to Slyvia, flashing her a soft smile.

"I'm glad V-Velen taught us how to read these books...this library really is amazing..." Siglos said quietly.

Siglos chuckled, rubbing his neck. Turning away from the spot where Velen had disappeared, Siglos began gathering a few books of his own. A few related to enchantment and crafting...alongside a few books dedicated to basic sound magic. Slowly, he walked up to Slyvia, flashing her a soft smile.

"I'm glad V-Velen taught us how to read these books...this library really is amazing..." Siglos said quietly.
"Yeah, it is! I hope I can find some books on combat for Cain to try and cheer her up." Sylvia signed, using her wings and tail to hold up and flip through the books she was reading.

"Jeanne, you should at least lower the intensity of your training in regards to the amount of blood you release, you look like are in the menstruation stage" Noah joke as she approached.

"Do you want me to take you to a place where you can be cured?" The Dragon Ask
"Gross, Noah..." Jeanne said, chuckling. "I'll be fine... I can heal myself with my blessings..."

"Yeah, it is! I hope I can find some books on combat for Cain to try and cheer her up." Sylvia signed, using her wings and tail to hold up and flip through the books she was reading.
Siglos nodded. Gently, he moved next to Slyvia, resting his head against her leg as he flipped the pages of his own book.

"...D-do you know why Cain is upset?" Siglos asked quietly. He had seen her brooding after the talk with Velen, but hadn't approached her.

"Well, I'm just worried, you know, I don't want to find a corpse of the people I've met just for training" she smiled
Jeanne nodded, moving over to grab her flag. "It's fine, Noah... I know how to regulate myself so I don't die."
Siglos nodded. Gently, he moved next to Slyvia, resting his head against her leg as he flipped the pages of his own book.

"...D-do you know why Cain is upset?" Siglos asked quietly. He had seen her brooding after the talk with Velen, but hadn't approached her.
"Well, she thinks that Velen was calling her weak." Sylvia signed, "When he was talking about needing strong people, she got angry because she felt as though he was calling her strength insufficient. It's a tradition thing. I got sorta upset to..."

"Well, she thinks that Velen was calling her weak." Sylvia signed, "When he was talking about needing strong people, she got angry because she felt as though he was calling her strength insufficient. It's a tradition thing. I got sorta upset to..."
"O-oh!" Siglos said, he glanced up at Slyvia.

"...I-I don't think he meant it that way..." Siglos said quietly.

"...there's just...some things that can't be solved w-with only one strong person. I-it's like how...wars are fought with armies...you know?"

"Well, then after you heal your wounds what do you plan to do?" The Dragon ask to the human
"I'll probably get something to eat, I've burned a lot of calories..." Jeanne said, beginning to surround herself slowly in healing light as she began to pray.
"O-oh!" Siglos said, he glanced up at Slyvia.

"...I-I don't think he meant it that way..." Siglos said quietly.

"...there's just...some things that can't be solved w-with only one strong person. I-it's like how...wars are fought with armies...you know?"
"I don't think he meant it that way either, but..." Sylvia signed, shaking her head a bit.

"She's a bit..." She tried to finish her sentence, but, she didn't seem to be able to figure out what to sign. As if she didn't really know how to describe it.

"Let's just say she takes our traditions... very seriously." She finally finished her sentence, just breathing out.

"I don't think he meant it that way either, but..." Sylvia signed, shaking her head a bit.

"She's a bit..." She tried to finish her sentence, but, she didn't seem to be able to figure out what to sign. As if she didn't really know how to describe it.

"Let's just say she takes our traditions... very seriously." She finally finished her sentence, just breathing out.
Siglos breathed out, nodding.

"...W-well, she does l-like fighting...right? O-or...fighting is a part of your traditions..." Siglos asked, looking up at Slyvia.

"...M-maybe i-if you trained with her...she'd f-feel a bit better. S-since she's...building towards her goal." Siglos said quietly.

"I'll probably get something to eat, I've burned a lot of calories..." Jeanne said, beginning to surround herself slowly in healing light as she began to pray
"Maybe eating before coming here wasn't a good idea" she thought to herself before smiling.

"Well, there are several good quality desserts here, although the orange juice felt soulless," Noah said.

Siglos breathed out, nodding.

"...W-well, she does l-like fighting...right? O-or...fighting is a part of your traditions..." Siglos asked, looking up at Slyvia.

"...M-maybe i-if you trained with her...she'd f-feel a bit better. S-since she's...building towards her goal." Siglos said quietly.
"Well, she's probably already off training somewhere, I just don't actually know where. I probably should've went with her..." Sylvia signed.
"Maybe eating before coming here wasn't a good idea" she thought to herself before smiling.

"Well, there are several good quality desserts here, although the orange juice felt soulless," Noah said.
Jeanne finished healing herself partially to the point she'd at least be able to walk a few minutes later before responding. "Well, I'm used to eating and drinking things that aren't the most flavorful, so, I don't mind..."

"Well, she's probably already off training somewhere, I just don't actually know where. I probably should've went with her..." Sylvia signed.
"O-oh! W-well...we can g-go looking for her, if you want." Siglos said quietly, closing the book he had been reading. He stood up, flashing her a small smile.

"...Y-your probably familiar with her...smell, right?

"Oh, very." Sylvia signed, standing up as well, partially crouched down. "Get on my shoulders!" She signed.
"A-Alright!" Siglos said. He smiled, glad she offered to give him a ride. Placing the books he had been reading inside his bag, he hopped up onto Slyvia, scrambling on her back for a moment before reaching a steady position on her shoulders.

"R-ready!" He said.

"A-Alright!" Siglos said. He smiled, glad she offered to give him a ride. Placing the books he had been reading inside his bag, he hopped up onto Slyvia, scrambling on her back for a moment before reaching a steady position on her shoulders.

"R-ready!" He said.
Sylvia nodded, hopping off of the floor of the library they were in and leaving Khadgar to dick around with whatever he was doing, moving out of the library and moving to where Cain presumably was, with the sound of metal slamming against rock intensifying as they approached.

"Don't worry, that's just her...!" Sylvia signed as they moved.

Jeanne finished healing herself partially to the point she'd at least be able to walk a few minutes later before responding. "Well, I'm used to eating and drinking things that aren't the most flavorful, so, I don't mind..."
"I suppose, the knights must not only have their bodies trained from the outside but also from the inside to be able to be used to eating whatever there is, be it insects and the like" Noah said.

Sylvia nodded, hopping off of the floor of the library they were in and leaving Khadgar to dick around with whatever he was doing, moving out of the library and moving to where Cain presumably was, with the sound of metal slamming against rock intensifying as they approached.

"Don't worry, that's just her...!" Sylvia signed as they moved.
"...S-sound pretty intense..." Siglos said quietly, peaking out next to Slyvia's head as she approached the noise.

"... I hope she's alright..."

"I suppose, the knights must not only have their bodies trained from the outside but also from the inside to be able to be used to eating whatever there is, be it insects and the like" Noah said.
"Well, it's not really training and more so just having to eat things that are rather distasteful from time to time..." Jeanne said, beginning to move to the mess hall.
"...S-sound pretty intense..." Siglos said quietly, peaking out next to Slyvia's head as she approached the noise.

"... I hope she's alright..."
In a dark, desolate forest, a girl stood, stumbling throughout the woods, barely able to stay on her feet. With a blade lodged through her stomach, she stumbled through the grass, falling onto her side and clenching her teeth in agony as blood poured down into the dirt and mud.

"This is a pathetic display, Cain." A voice called out to her, her mind ringing with pain as it was clearly a telepathic connection. She could hear footsteps slowly approaching her, her body instinctively trembling.

"Get up." The voice ordered.

Cain leaned against a tree, trying to remove the blade that had been lodged from her stomach forcefully. She gritted her teeth, blood continuing to pour from the wound as the metal scraped against her insides, the internal bleeding only intensifying from this as it cut her from within. In a fit of strength, she removed the blade, and had she been able to scream, she would.

Cain breathed heavily, turning to the source of the voice. It was a mirage, her voice clouded with blood and dirt, preventing her from making out their physical appearance, but, she knew who it was.

"Yes..." She responded through her thoughts, gripping the blade that she had pulled out from her stomach. With that, she pulled herself onto her feet, moving towards the mirage. She attempted to strike at it, but, she could not maintain her balance to perform a clean cut, and fell to the ground, writhing in agony as the blade had clearly pierced something important.

"Pathetic..." The voice said as Cain trembled, gripping her wound. "You playing with that commoner has dulled your blade significantly, Cain... Your strength wanes."

"No... N-No..." She thought back, "I can keep going.... I can..."

"Save it. Your injuries are to severe for you to continue fighting without death." The voice said, "You waste your potential playing around with those you don't need, Cain. Eventually, you'll become worthless to me..."

"W-Wait...! P-Plea-" Cain tried to respond, but she was only met with irritation from her injuries, the mud and dirt only increasing the pain. "I can keep going... please..."

This time, she was not met with a response from the voice as she writhed on the ground. She could hear the footsteps slowly walking away from her, leaving her in a cold, desolate silence.

"N-No... No No No No No..." She curled up on the ground, only continuing to irritate her wounds. She trembled as she tried to get up, only to fall back to the ground. She wished she could call out, but, she could not speak.

"Don't go... Don't... I'm not weak... I can... I'm not weak... I'm not... I'm not... I can be useful... please..."

"Cain! Caaiiinnn!!!" Sylvia called out to Cain in their unique language as they found her, the area significantly torn up from her training as she sat against the wall, softly growling as Sylvia tried to get her attention.

"I'm not weak..." She thought, "I'm... not..."

Back