• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This forum is so strange to navigate through; however, I just wanted to join and comment on here in my free time. I really hate most Naruto fanfictions. They're so badly written, and they don't even want to remain power fantasies. No, the authors expect to be taken seriously for these endeavors.
I feel you, I've navigated through many poorly written Naruto fanfic and it was disaster.

I feel you, I've navigated through many poorly written Naruto fanfic and it was disaster.
Just wanted to rant on here, to be honest. I'm going through a rough patch, and the community seems friendly.

And yes, I've given up on decent Naruto stories. Whether they're from Sakura fandom or Naruto fandom, they're the same.

Sakura? I've seen him and Lee, but not her. At least with Lee, they improve his character(New Era Lee is the worst New Era of all the Konoha 13)
Yeah, most of what I've seen on him is shipping related. He's reduced to Sakura's cheer leader in these fictions.

Yeah. There's also the problem of him being a one-trick pony who isn't even the best at that trick, so no matter how hard he struggles, there's a chance he just gets slammed. He's really a good character, but it's hard to make him win.
I think, fanfictions should be about more than winning and losing. They can be written on character struggles themselves, but that'd require better writers and not fanfiction writers.

Oh, I assumed you meant like "What If?" stories.
If you ask my personal opinion, there are way too many "what if" stories, and most of them are just power-fantasies. If not that, then they've got power-fantasy trogan horses in "this x character had a lot of potential, so now I'm going to completely decimate what was good about it in canon, self-insert, and write my power fantasy disguised as something else".

That aside, what's everyone reading? I've got some recs but I'm not sure about the rating system on the forum. I don't want to be penalized for it.

I think, fanfictions should be about more than winning and losing. They can be written on character struggles themselves, but that'd require better writers and not fanfiction writers.
Edit: NGL, that's something I really like to do, or try to do on my fics that I'm writing.

It's not often do you see the characters themselves going on about any struggles they're dealing with and how they go about it.

Though how I handle it is a diff story and one I really can't ever tell if it comes out good as I like it to be.

Last edited:
NGL, that's something I really like to do, or try to do on my fics that I'm reading.

It's not often do you see the characters themselves going on about any struggles they're dealing with and how they go about it.

Though how I handle it is a diff story and one I really can't ever tell if it comes out good as I like it to be.
That's my point: stories can be far more than power fantasies, but most just drop into this trap, anyway, even if they start off as struggles of characters. I wish people realized that winning and losing isn't the only point in fiction or in life. Hard to make most fandom readers understand that, though.

If you ask my personal opinion, there are way too many "what if" stories, and most of them are just power-fantasies. If not that, then they've got power-fantasy trogan horses in "this x character had a lot of potential, so now I'm going to completely decimate what was good about it in canon, self-insert, and write my power fantasy disguised as something else."
Heavy disagree. The proper "What If" genre is underutilized. We need more "What if Raditz lived," or "What if Vivi was still a Straw Hat," stuff.

Heavy disagree. The proper "What If" genre is underutilized. We need more "What if Raditz lived," or "What if Vivi was still a Straw Hat," stuff.
Well, I'm just talking about the what ifs I keep seeing. Sure, there's a proper way to write almost all genres, but then we're back to the argument of bad writing in just about everything fandoms put out.

I'm talking about the concept itself though.
True, but as I said, all concepts have merit. Even power fantasies can be used effectively for satire against imperialism, for instance, but in fandom spaces, they've just become vehicles for venting. Harems and reverse-harems are just an example of that.

So I probably miscommunicated as I was talking about how it's handled, not how it should be handled.

True, but as I said, all concepts have merit. Even power fantasies can be used effectively for satire against imperialism, for instance, but in fandom spaces, they've just become vehicles for venting. Harems and reverse-harems are just an example of that.

So I probably miscommunicated as I was talking about how it's handled, not how it should be handled.
Wait, I didn't mention harems, when did that come up?

Me:
5hp8m8.jpg

Just another day of me try continue my fanfic:
"Damnit!" Shirou swear for his life, he continue to dodge and look out for every next attack was send to him.

The attack itself something that familiar to once he knows, but there something that catch his attention. The Aura of Her was filled with corruption, the air was feeling heavy when getting near to her.

'I don't know why but...' Shirou continues to evade the attack that she swing and throw, as his hand was bright like light 'All I need is——'

"Why you still evade my attack?" Azure shot another Death glare, as her sword become dark. The swords she made of Water was shot to Shirou again, like lighting.

"——I NEED TO FIGHT BACK!" Shirou screaming on top of his lung, The married blade appears on his hand and swings back to deflect it.
zLc2aHY.png

"!?" Azure stares shocked at those blades, and seems to recognize the owner of those blades. It is the same for others, who just come to Fight place while holding the drink.

"Vigilante?!" Keqing said while disbelief about what she saw, especially how he managed to block and deflect it easily.

"That's the fighting style of you.." Azure lifts her sword from the ground, directing it to Shirou. "Don't you think it reveals who you really are?"

"Of course it is" Shirou replied while getting up, his eyes stare at her with a certain interest "But your aura holds different things, like something that shouldn't exist here"

Look like my writing style change again, after long time of lost motivation.

What the actually ****? Title itself can easily to said it would be cringe, I don't want read it because of that title 💀
The synopsis is so bad
One day, a magic button suddenly appears. The protagonists from True Demon King Union Academy, The United Combine Academy Empire, The Emperor Of SCP & WoD, The Rising Of The Oda Clan, United Sensha-Dõ Academy, The Archangel Of Balance − Starting A Life in Another World, all MC press the button occasionally, unintentionally and move to a parallel world - another brand new Isekai - where a new story featuring high school life begins. With no way of escaping, the characters must lead a normal school life and make acquaintances with the others. One thing is certain: the classroom full of fan-favourite eccentric personalities never gets boring!
And just look at the 'Harem' – so cringe and down bad.

Like the writer never learn about how to make paragraph 💀

I suppose he just newbie writer who write something out of his cringe desire
I'm a newbie writer myself, but I can identify when I write trash. It's basic reading comprehension and having taken at least a literature class in school. Like, he just made a trashy power fantasy, the most significant part being six self-inserts and six harems. This seems to be pure sm*t with no substance behind it. I've read bad fanfiction, but this one seems to be the worst based on the synopsis alone :ROFLMAO: .

I'm a newbie writer myself, but I can identify when I write trash. It's basic reading comprehension and having taken at least a literature class in school. Like, he just made a trashy power fantasy, the most significant part being six self-inserts and six harems. This seems to be pure sm*t with no substance behind it. I've read bad fanfiction, but this one seems to be the worst based on the synopsis alone :ROFLMAO: .
Atleast some newbie writer I found on Wattpad try their best on characters development unlike this shit💀 bro just let's their cringe take over.

Back