• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trigon downgrade, and Nabu and The Batman Who Laughs upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. It seems rather unreliable then.

This site sucks so much on phone. I couldn't even finish typing. Anyway, the whole post about Spectre needing to grasp magic to beat Nabu is wrong. There wasn't much magic left. That was actually referring to Luthor's Multiversal Machine draining all the magic. In fact, its noted that the Spectre was vulnerable and not right in the mind.

Spectre being vulnerable part was a reference to him being unbound/hostless, and he was only vulnerable to the Psycho Pirate. That's stated clearly-

Without a soul to bond to, even the Spectre was vulnerable to the Psycho Pirate

About Luthor draining magic, he was only draining magic from a universe, while the Spectre is a Multiversal being and it doesn't say Luthor was draining all magic, just some magic. I don't see how this debunks the notion of the Spectre grasping for magic, that was explicitly stated.

I didn't insult you, it's a literal fallacy-
The two are not mutually exclusive. Just because some website lists it as a debate term doesn't mean it isn't insulting nor is it appropriate to use here.

As for the OP, the additional scans Immortal post once again strongly support that Spectre is above Nabu

I did not mean it as an insult, I meant it as a fallacy, if you felt like I was insulting, now you know!

Also, how isn't it appropriate?
As for the OP, the additional scans Immortal post once again strongly support that Spectre is above Nabu
No one said Spectre is not above Nabu, I don't know why you are continuously straw manning my argument. My argument is that Nabu was relative.

Your scans absolutely did not prove Spectre was above Nabu though.

I'm not 100%, but it's worth noting that his plan involves doing this in conjunction with the Otherkind by getting them to destroy the most powerful magical beings, which obfuscates things a bit.
Not really. Destroying the beings living in a place doesn't mean the place itself is weakened. If someone destroys the Earth after making some others kill the Justice League, it's still a planetary feat

Not really. Destroying the beings living in a place doesn't mean the place itself is weakened.
The magical beings I'm referring to are on Earth, not the Sphere. However in this case your statement is wrong. Magic powers the sphere.

To the contrary, it said the Sphere is the source of magic.
He said the Sphere is the Source of Magic's "true power" not that the Sphere was the Source itself. Regardless, the point is that he is using the Otherkind to destroy the most powerful magical beings in order to assist in this task. If what you were theorizing was actually true, there would be no reason for him to lure the Otherkind to Earth to do this.

About Luthor draining magic, he was only draining magic from a universe, while the Spectre is a Multiversal being and it doesn't say Luthor was draining all magic, just some magic. I don't see how this debunks the notion of the Spectre grasping for magic, that was explicitly stated.
There was one single Universe. He was using the magic of the entire Universe to fuel the Machine. The act of Luthor and Spectre had made Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, Enchantress, etc so weak that they had to combine what little power remained just to summon Spectre. Didn't this event also leave Mxy powerless?

He said the Sphere is the Source of Magic's "true power" not that the Sphere was the Source itself.
He also said Magic would die.
Regardless, the point is that he is using the Otherkind to destroy the most powerful magical beings in order to assist in this task
Where is it stated he was using the Otherkind to assist in his task? He just says he and the other Lords would destroy the Sphere when they eat Earth's magic.
If what you were theorizing was actually true, there would be no reason for him to lure the Otherkind to Earth to do this.
No? There are a million different reasons for him to lure the Otherkind.

There was one single Universe. He was using the magic of the entire Universe to fuel the Machine. The act of Luthor and Spectre had made Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, Enchantress, etc so weak that they had to combine what little power remained just to summon Spectre. Didn't this event also leave Mxy powerless?
1. Scans?

2. You're contradicting yourself. Mxy was weakened due to something Spectre did, how does that mean Spectre was affected?

No? There are a million different reasons for him to lure the Otherkind.
Him luring the Otherkind was stated to be directly in conjunction with his goal of destroying magic. Which means the Otherkind killing Earth's magical beings and eating Earth's magic assists that goal.

Him luring the Otherkind was stated to be directly in conjunction with his goal of destroying magic. Which means the Otherkind killing Earth's magical beings and eating Earth's magic assists that goal.
Not what that means. Nabu was allowing the Otherkind to go to Earth and devour the magical beings so they would be away from Magic's true source, that is, the Sphere. This would allow him to smoothly destroy the Sphere, which in turns destroys magic, and this causes the Otherkind to starve in the material realm, as they would have no magic to feed on.

so they would be away from Magic's true source, that is, the Sphere
Except he never says that this is the goal.

This would allow him to smoothly destroy the Sphere, which in turns destroys magic, and this causes the Otherkind to starve in the material realm, as they would have no magic to feed on
They'd have no magic to feed on either way. Magic would be gone

I think that what has been accepted here seems to be to downgrade Trigon's tier, change TBWL's intelligence to Supergenius, and remove "possibly higher" from the unbound Spectre's tier. After that we should be finished.

I think that what has been accepted here seems to be to downgrade Trigon's tier, change TBWL's intelligence to Supergenius, and remove "possibly higher" from the unbound Spectre's tier. After that we should be finished.
Yeah I think that's fine. The other stuff can be handled in the Zero Hour CRT which is proceeding much more smoothly.

Yes.

Is somebody willing to apply the accepted changes please?

Also, please list the EXACTLY WORDED titles for all of the pages that you need unlocked, so my automated unlocking program can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back