• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: Return of the Skill List

by LSirLancelotDuLacl

"To summarize, since I see no one cares to look for Witch's thing and I can't look for it right now, may try later...

Pray is part of Knight Order, or was before the events of the series. Knight Order is a special made organization that gathers the creme of the crop, the best of the best from each world in a vast human empire to turn into trainees, worlds with millions if not close to billions of inhabitants in each of them, a space empire and all that jazz.

The trainees are then harshly trained and culled by making them face beasts in missions, the things they are being trained to kill, with only the best of the best among the best of the best moving further.

Then we get to the knights, the ones that survive this. Even among the knights, some knights are above others and they are not at all equal. And above this line of knights itself, there are Master Knights, tested after grueling trial and error in war after war after war after confrontation after war, where even the fodders of the beasts can kill people on this level if they are at all careless and these fodders are literal zerg rush levels of numerous.

Above these bastards are Cold Heroes, cryogenically frozen monsters among the knights kept preserved since they were far too powerful/skillful to let old age take them and kept in reserve for future tragedies. Among those would be Sion, crowned Top Sword in her time as the top of all Knights, a genius that learned by merely seeing once, all that good stuff a lot of people have here, and when one of her trainers jokingly told her advice that they did not mean seriously, she took it serious and made her strikes completely imperceptible... somehow. She didn't even try, she just took the words at face value and succeeded casually at it.

And above all that, and above all of the Cold Heroes, including Sion, is Anne, who half dying, so broken down she was killing herself further just fighting, way weaker than in her prime and with serious emotional issues, fodderized Master Knights without killing them, and learned an improved version of Mayer Style, a near superhuman style of combat made by researching and fusing all known martial arts made by humans on Earth and after when they spread across the stars, a style so difficult that a watered down version meant to be accessible was one of the hardest possible styles you could learn, even for a Master Knight. Pray mastered it in months despite having 0 fighting knowledge, became better than her teacher, and then made Pray Style, a modified version that is far superior and even more powerful. That very same Anne I mentioned above has only a 3% win rate against Pray after all the battles they've had."

@Weekly, I've been browsing League of Legends skill stuff. Is there a source for the statement on Wukong's page that he almost defeated Jax once? Because that seems contradictory to him being so much less skilled than Master Yi.

Also I'm thinking a Kengan character should be here, the amount of skill feats there is ridiculous but it's difficult to say which fighter is objectively the strongest.

I'll read through them. The list is... long, though defeating 400 trained martial artists is legitimate enough.

You're just salty no character you know gets on the top spots

I already bullshitted my way onto one list, nothing to be jealous of.

I'm interested in whether people will accept Hayato's tier on 2nd after they read the blog on their own or whether i'll have to argue.

I really think we should focus on getting some people out of 2nd place rather than putting more in. This way, it doesn't even feel like a real list at all. There should be a limit of 2 characters per place max.

Oh KG i believe you missed what i said. I didn't say "Hayato for 2nd along with everyone else". I said "kick everyone on 2nd a spot below and put Hayato there".

KGiffoni said:
I really think we should focus on getting some people out of 2nd place rather than putting more in. This way, it doesn't even feel like a real list at all. There should be a limit of 2 characters per place max.
3 characters per place sounds like a fairer limit.

Firephoenixearl said:
Oh KG i believe you missed what i said. I didn't say "Hayato for 2nd along with everyone else". I said "kick everyone on 2nd a spot below and put Hayato there".
I see.

I'll read it when i get home.

KGiffoni said:
I'll read it when i get home.
Actually, i would, but it's way bigger than i expected

If it only mentioned "top 2" skill feats i'd read it entirely, but there's too much stuff on there that isn't important here. What are the feats that would put him at the top 2, exactly? The few skill feats i readed didn't seem to be top 2, more like 3rd place. Some of these techniques remind me of similar techniques from the Bakiverse.

Moritzva said:
I'll read through them. The list is... long, though defeating 400 trained martial artists is legitimate enough.
That's really nothing for anyone at the top 2, specially if we consider them average martial artists and not masters. 13yo Baki already completly curbstomped most masters of many martial arts, let alone the likes of Yujiro, who isn't even that high into 2nd place.

Yeah... the Elder is gonna go high, but not that high. He's not even gonna go above Pray, in my humble opinion.

Sion already scales to this:

"-Fought and won against Hyperion in a duel with nothing more than her sword. Hyperion passivly erodes the space around her, cutting down Sion's physical stats to 20%, had Danmaku and laser drones that would have oneshotted Sion, could teleport and was physically better in every regard too. Sion was a bloody mess, to the point where merely blocking tore flesh from her body."

Anne scales way above that, and Pray trashes Anne.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Yeah... the Elder is gonna go high, but not that high. He's not even gonna go above Pray, in my humble opinion.
Sion already scales to this:

"-Fought and won against Hyperion in a duel with nothing more than her sword. Hyperion passivly erodes the space around her, cutting down Sion's physical stats to 20%, had Danmaku and laser drones that would have oneshotted Sion, could teleport and was physically better in every regard too. Sion was a bloody mess, to the point where merely blocking tore flesh from her body."

Anne scales way above that, and Pray trashes Anne.
Omega rip, thought he'd make it into at least top 5

Yo Lance, since you're a Kengan fan who would you say is the most skilled in the verse? Kuroki or a healthy Ohma? Both would have a pretty decent chain scaling and they all have pretty insane feats ( Lots of which are similar to Baki.) where would you say they are here?

In actual feats, Ohma is the main person of the entire verse. In actual skill as a fighter, Kuroki outstrips him completely.

Ohma was barely hanging in by a thread, but at no point did anyone, not the Fang and not Ohma, pressure Kuroki into such a position where it looked like they had a chance, only that they had taken him off his game briefly. There was no swing back and forth like in other matches, so Kuroki should be at the top me thinks.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
In actual feats, Ohma is the main person of the entire verse. In actual skill as a fighter, Kuroki outstrips him completely.
Ohma was barely hanging in by a thread, but at no point did anyone, not the Fang and not Ohma, pressure Kuroki into such a position where it looked like they had a chance, only that they had taken him off his game briefly. There was no swing back and forth like in other matches, so Kuroki should be at the top me thinks.
I agree. Kuroki was able to do what he did to Kiryu, as well as match a peak Agito.

Yeah Kuroki is the most skilled fighter in Kengan then, idk where he would rank here but the dudes skill is seriously ******* ridiculous along with his insane chain scaling above the other fighters in Tournament. Anyone got any suggestions?

Also I'd nominate on removing Task from number 2 as his weakness is opponents who are unpredictable such as Deadpool, and well Deadpool isn't exactly the most skilled fighter around. His enitre shtick revolves around being able to predict the opponent and if the opponent is unpredictable then he kinda loses his flare. I've got some issues with Musashi as well, mainly her chain scaling regarding long ranged users when she herself isn't a user of long ranged weapons so they shouldn't count. Melee characters and such should still be valid however.

Musashi should, in my eyes, still remain in there just because of the actual melee people she scales to, I don't care too much about the shooter dudes. Like, we have Ragnarok Sasaki so high due to his foresight, and Munenori literally forced a weaker Musashi back by accounting for every single possible tangent and possibility, and this is the same dude that can also see outright quarks. He's absurd.

Considering the nature of Marvel comics, and big comics in general, I do believe Taskmaster should remain. Deadpool is the same dude that went and killed nearly everyone in Marvel with a special issue blade made to keep people dead, even the likes of Wolverine or something like that. Due to it we don't apply the "Golden Mean" Fallacy, where we make a middle point between the best and worst feats of someone when the worst feats are obviously the result of a certain situation (ie; Batman having so many skill statements and feats but still getting beat or punched by people that should be way below his paygrade, which is more a necessity otherwise there would be no story to make about him). Deadpool is already weird as a character, so I don't think that should be enough.

Wasn't suggesting removing Musashi from her spot but I was indeed calling out scaling her melee skills to that of Long ranged users like Billy and Arjuna. That doesn't make much sense whenever her schtick is melee Combat. And considering me and Verlux are the ones who got Sasaki here I can tell you Thousand Image Defense wasn't the only reason he's here. In Yagyu's case his AP isn't infinite, if I recall correctly he's stated to account for thousands of possibilities, not every single possibility there ever will be. Sasaki can see several thousands steps ahead of his opponent while getting absolutely shit stomped in terms of speed. Also seeing quarks isn't a skill feat, that's enhanced senses. Yujiro isn't 2nd place for being able to see cells so I'm not sure how that's meant to mean anything. Also didn't Musashi need her fate hax to actually beat Yagyu? The thing that's restricted here?

Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe isn't canon to the main universe, it's a different timeline entirely so that shouldn't be used. No but we still can use solid anti-feats such as Tasky getting beaten by Deadpool of all people. He also had no idea to beat someone who had a tail while he was fighting the Avengers.

No, he accounts for every possibility there ever will be. Musashi's eye literally makes it so that she cuts down all possibilities she doesn't want to get the one she desires, literally fate bullshit, but Munenori merely shuts her down accounting for every single one. So she gets forced to create an entirely new one.. And as far as I remember, both her and Infinity Sasaki are completely superior to the Munenori that did this, fate hax or not. The Munenori that obtains Suigetsu, his own kinda similar version of Zero, is in turn comparable to them.

It being a different timeline is inconsequential, the problem is that dumb stuff happens across authors. Unless you really want to tell me we need to take most stories where Batman gets beat around by inferior people despite beating his whole rogue's gallery that one time he was weakened due to poison/being sick seriously. Taskmaster is above Captain America but a dude with a tail completely ***** him over... that's the kind of thing that you should know is outright bullshit. Anti-feats are only a thing when they make sense.

May I see a scan where it's stated that he sees all possibility there ever will be? Because the scans I've seen have only stated that he's reading hundreds - thousands steps ahead of his opponent, I've never once seen any scan that states he's pulling a Yhwach, so untill I see this scan this is something that strikes me as unfounded. I'm not gonna waste my time talking about the fate bull shit as that's irrelevant to the thread, but from what I've been told she needed said fate manipulation in order to actually beat Yagyu. Hell even the scan under his techniques makes no mention of him accounting for every possibility, just that he accounts for hundreds to thousands. Even in his profile it's stated that Musashi states that she still can't beat him even after reaching Nothingness and grasping Zero. So something clearly isn't adding up here.

No no, those aren't anti feats, context matters a lot in cases like that so please don't get shit twisted here. The difference between Bats PIS moments and Task's anti feats are that Bats are legit PIS. Task has an outright weakness to shit that he can predict and shit that he has no experience in dealing with, such as the tail I made mention of before. Taskmaster isn't above Captain America normally in terms of sheer Combat skill, he's above him because of his ability to predict and copy. If one is unpredictable and too chaotic such as Deadpool he's essentially reduced to fodder. Also I'm gonna call outright bullshit on him being that much better than Captain America whenever Cap has defeated Taskmaster with relative ease in the past, he was killed by the Red Hulk in one hit and despite being faster, more skilled and more agile he still couldn't even dodge. Taskmaster is one of the most inconsistent characters in Marvel and flat out overrated.

Cap literally shows us That Task really isn't All that skilled as he's made out to be by fans.

Here's him also getting hit by a ******* car somehow.

Captain Marvel also takes advantage over this weakness.

X also able to fodderize Tasky.

The weakness might not set right with you, you can call it stupid all you want but nothing is going to change an inverse weakness that's meant to be a strong point for the character.

@KG

What were Yujiro's feats? Same for Fugil.

As for Sasaki RoR. I'd say he gets badly outclassed in everything that isn't thousand image defense and analysis. As in...everything.

because I want to hurt myself

Suigetsu Munenori Yagyu for #1

He's repeatedly shown to be significantly more skilled than the other Sword Saints, whose full power states ended up with their martial skill transcending space and time. If you want to say that's hyperbole or flowery language, well for one it objectively isn't as far as the wiki cares because they got new keys for that exchange, and secondly there are way more supporting feats.

Sword Saints are constantly shown to be the absolute most skilled fighters in the entirety of Nasuverse, having infinite skill and completely transcending the realms of human and divine possibility, putting them absurdly far above people like:

• Lancer (Hōzōin Inshun), whose spear technique allows him to harm gods and Buddhas
  • Karna, who has basically the same statement as Hōzōin
  • King Hassa, who is stated to be at a level where strength and weakness no longer matter and is considered one of, if not the, most dangerous Hassan despite his gimped PC
  • Assassi/Lancer Li Shuwen. The former, while still a very old human, nearly defeated Rider (Red Hare) without any weapons or magic, and the latter is comparable to Hōzōin
  • Assassin (Okada Izō), who surpasses Li Shuwen in terms of raw talent and only lost due to being a jobber
  • and Caster (Geronimo) who has mastered nearly every possible melee weapon

Back