• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll address on why the "fraction left" of Perpetua's power was so important in order for her to have multiversal power like the rest of the Hands and why Scott Snyder explanation on why Perpetua destroyed one universe at a time make more sense than you think rather than being only a mere author statement later. I use currently a phone and it's kind of hard to add scans properly with my phone.

Last edited:
I'll address on why the "fraction left" of Perpetua's power was so important in order for her to have multiversal power like the rest of the Hands and why Scott Snyder explanation on why Perpetua destroyed one universe at a time make more sense than you think rather than being only a mere author statement later. I use currently a phone and it's kind of hard to add scans properly with my phone.
Is there some other reason? I read through almost the whole storyline and still couldn't find an exact reason other than her possibly being winded.

Is there some other reason? I read through almost the whole storyline and still couldn't find an exact reason other than her possibly being winded.
I personally think she is extremely weak to use her power, that's why she says she has to recharge her power. If her power was already back and she uses all of it in destroying a single Universe then how can she recharge? Does she has an infinte source of power lying around

I personally think she is extremely weak to use her power, that's why she says she has to recharge her power. If her power was already back and she uses all of it in destroying a single Universe then how can she recharge? Does she has an infinte source of power lying around
That's the conclusion I came to. Even when out of the Source Wall she was still weak from being trapped in it for so long. However some don't really except this explanation which means we'd have to leave the feat as an outlier. Since Perpetua has to much multiversal scaling and feats to be considered universal.

That's the conclusion I came to. Even when out of the Source Wall she was still weak from being trapped in it for so long. However some don't really except this explanation which means we'd have to leave the feat as an outlier. Since Perpetua has to much multiversal scaling and feats to be considered universal.
Plus it's stated that beings like Anti monitor, perpetua and world forger are extremely weaker in The multivese than they are in the 6th Dimension. So I don't know why people would think the Universal thing applies to 6th Dimension?

lucifer was around the time when the local multivese was around 52 Universes.
Again, once he left the multiverse he would exist simultaneously during all eras of the multiverse. But like you said, we know his multiverse was infinite.

Death Metal #1 established that the beings like Perpetua used Connective Energy, born from the Source, to create Multiverses.
Yeah, gotcha. I think my point is more that all of them receive that endowment, but they don't have it from birth, since Perpetua was sent with the raw materials and connective energy to make the multiverse, as well as entrusted with the Seven Energies of the Universe.

Even when out of the Source Wall she was still weak from being trapped in it for so long. However some don't really except this explanation which means we'd have to leave the feat as an outlier
It shouldn't be accepted, because Perpetua herself says otherwise.
Since Perpetua has to much multiversal scaling and feats to be considered universal.
No, she does not.
Plus it's stated that beings like Anti monitor, perpetua and world forger are extremely weaker in The multivese than they are in the 6th Dimension. So I don't know why people would think the Universal thing applies to 6th Dimension?
Because if she could simply Ctrl+Alt+Delete the multiverse by going to the Sixth Dimension, she would have simply done so.

Im not knowledgeable on dc sooo i cant really debate much here but i do wanna quote something from discord responding to "“Neither of those scans indicate infinite universes. One scan calls the multiverse "endless" and another calls it an "infinity of choice." Neither refer to the number of universes in the multiverse, and the evidence for 52 universes is far more direct and numerous.”"

"There are 52 universes in the local multiverse
They're all grouped in bubble sets and there are more universes in each bubble set
When they say there are only 52 universes, they're referring to the local multiverse only
That already let's me know who made that thread doesn't understand something incredibly basic about the DC cosmology

(Phantom stranger scan calling the multiverse endless)

Going in order of progression by Phantom Stranger's movements on-panel, the statement preceding the endless Multiverse literally says, "Not so much as a ripple in the ether. Are they alive? Dead? In this world..."
It literally says in that specific world, which most obviously means universe
Which when we talk about the multiverse afterward and we say "this" as in this one (implying more), it doesn't take an Einstein to realize what that means

(Second scan saying infinity of choice)

And this one literally talks about people coming from different universes after explaining how it's infinite"

Also to add on. Wouldnt "endless universes" be at least 2-B on its own? And i think theres been a lot of other 2-B or higher stuff for dcs multiverse? If that hasnt been adressed yet.

I'm pretty sure saying that only a fraction of her power remains doesn't invalidate whether she had the strength to wield it or not. Regardless, whatever hindrance she had went away as she was threatening to destroy the Multiverse during her fight with TDK.

Scaling above Mxy, threatening the Multiverse during her fight with TDK, and that's just off the top of my head. I don't know why you think we should just ignore all of this and hold that one statement of struggling to destroy a universe above all her other feats that would support a different conclusion.

There are 52 universes in the local multiverse
They're all grouped in bubble sets and there are more universes in each bubble set
When they say there are only 52 universes, they're referring to the local multiverse only
That already let's me know who made that thread doesn't understand something incredibly basic about the DC cosmology
The simple fact is, if this information were "incredibly basic" there'd be a direct scan available explaining it, yet this arrangement you are describing has never been shown in DC Comics. The "local" multiverse is the DC Multiverse, and that's a term that was only used once in Multiversity and then completely ignored in the Perpetua storyline.

Which when we talk about the multiverse afterward and we say "this" as in this one (implying more), it doesn't take an Einstein to realize what that means
In other words, "it doesn't take an Einstein to make the assumption I made." Calling the multiverse endless doesn't mean it has infinite universes, and even if it did, that one piece of information from a DeMatteis Phantom Stranger comic wouldn't override a dozen scans from Snyder saying otherwise, particularly since this is Snyder's character.

And this one literally talks about people coming from different universes after explaining how it's infinite"

Also to add on. Wouldnt "endless universes" be at least 2-B on its own?
1. Again, that context does not necessitate infinite universes, and even if it did, that wouldn't be superior evidence to the mother of the multiverse saying directly otherwise and her entire storyline hinging upon there being a finite number of universes.

2. Infinite universes would be 2-A, but there aren't infinite universes in DC.

I'm pretty sure saying that only a fraction of her power remains
That isn't what she said. She said "all but a fraction of my power has been returned to me." This means the amount of power between where she is now and her "full power" is relatively small.

Regardless, whatever hindrance she had went away as she was threatening to destroy the Multiverse during her fight with TDK.
She had received an amp prior to the fight, and there were only six universes left. That's 3 for her, 3 for TDK. Still 2-C.

Scaling above Mxy
Mxy himself has very very few feats of destroying a universe, and most of them are quite old.

that's just off the top of my head.
So your "too many examples" is two examples, of her threatening 6 universes in tandem with TDK, and scaling above a wildly inconsistent gag character in Mxy?

I was just paraphrasing. Also the problem isn't really that statement, It's the one about her needing to gather enough energy again to destroy another universe.

Where did she receive an amp before fighting TDK. Because if I recall she was literally depowered in some off panel fight and needed to be funneled energy to make up for it, up until her battle with TDK.

Ok... What is that supposed to prove? Perpetua still cannot scale below Mxy.

Multiverse in the context I'm using includes more than just how many of the known universes remained. I'm talking about reality as a whole. And when is Mxy wildly inconsistent?

It's the one about her needing to gather enough energy again to destroy another universe.
What is the problem with this, exactly?
Where did she receive an amp before fighting TDK.
The Crisis energy she was receiving from the Dark Multiverse. But even if that was their base power, thats still 2-C
What is that supposed to prove? Perpetua still cannot scale below Mxy.
It proves that scaling above Mxy does not necessitate that she is multiversal.

this shows incredible bias against comicbook characters.
What? I only read comics, I have very little vested interested in any other battleboarding genres. This is just how strong the characters have said they are and shown themselves to be.

What? I only read comics, I have very little vested interested in any other battleboarding genres. This is just how strong the characters have said they are and shown themselves to be.
I do'nt care! Your opening post is still objectively incorrect in your complete and utter dismissal of everything but the lowest possible interpretation of the characters and your refusal to ignore anything but the current storyline to discuss PErpetua.

To say that Hypertime is 2-B or that DC only has 52 universes IS to be biased and incorrect. I don't care if you like comics or only read comics, I genuinely don't, but your statements are such that I believe myself to be justified in calling you biased without remorse.

Matt can you chill? This is not a thread about deciding who is biased, stop calling people biased. Just address the arguments if you think they are incorrect.
Hypertime is Low 1-C as a minimum and there are dozens of statements clarifying that the DC Multiverse actually has infinite universes beyond the local 52.

To say that the Sphere of the Gods realms aren't metaphysical when countless statements about that exist on literally every depiction is beyond bias its lying.

To be clear, most realms in the Sphere of the Gods are not metaphysical.

Apokolips: The planet of the elder gods was described as dwarfing galaxies, which is only possible if it is physical.

New Genesis: The cities are described as a thousand miles wide.

Apokolips: Supergirl went to Apokolips without a boom tube and was smaller than Granny Goodness as a result, maintaining her original physical size.

Heaven: A lilim drops a block of marble on an angel, killing him, showing physical properties like gravity and impact.
New Gods come from a kind of Platonic, archetypal world. Everything you brought up would be contradicted, retconned or irrelevant (since a realm looking physical doesn't mean that it necessarily is). The main point was also that it's a higher plane of existence than the Bleed and not the metaphysical stuff.
All of the timelines exist within a single spacetime continuum
We had an entire thread to basically confirm that a timeline is essentially a space-time continuum. I can give you the quote from the guy who made the tiering system if you want.
but even they have been defeated inside of the Sphere themselves, which means they weren't using avatars.
Outliers for the league, let's hope they keep being outliers unless we want Low1-C/1-A Superman. In fact Pre-Crisis Supes doesn't even scale to 2-B Darkseid currently due to being considered an outlier.
Hypertime doesn't mean all cosmologies exist. World Forger created Hypertime thus he is above it entirely, and Hypertime is only for the Orrery and below, not the Sphere, Nil, or the 6th Dimension.
I will refer you to this part of PrinceOfTheMorning's blog. Where it is stated Hypertime does in fact connect all cosmologies/all parts of DC, which can also be seen in Flash War. You could even argue Hypertime binds The Sphere of The Gods, I am pretty uncertain however on the context of this scan.

Edit: I'm not done with this yet but this coincidentally backs up Matt really well.

@Deagonx Also btw you claim that World Forger is entirely above Hypertime and y'know Perpetua scales to him due to being her son. Yet you also claim Perpetua has to destroy the universes that are a part of Hypertime one by one and that her going to the sixth dimension wouldn't help her get rid of the multiverse. So which is it, is World Forger superior to the multiverse that he created or would he too have to destroy universes one by one? (this isn't even accounting for higher realms)

Just a note that PrinceOfTheMorning wrote that blog on my request, but disagreed with the premise of merging every single writer interpretation of the cosmology into a single whole, and considered our DC Comics scaling to be completely messed up to the point that he threw up his hands into the air, gave up, and left the wiki, due to that it would take hundreds of hours for him to fix properly.

I also think that we are giving the Overvoid's single reality-fiction difference enormous special treatment compared to other fictions in terms of tiering, but this thread seems to strictly focus on Perpetua and characters related to her.

Visual Novel verse has a shifting cosmology that is not composite for its gods and depends on which god presides over it
All the gods are 1-A because "Lol they're superior to any cosmology"
DC has the same thing
Lol just scale them to the lowest possible interpretation
If you believe there's a double standard, go get those verses downgraded for the sake of consistency.

Just a note that PrinceOfTheMorning wrote that blog on my request, but disagreed with the premise of merging every single writer interpretation of the cosmology into a single whole, and considered our DC Comics scaling to be completely messed up to the point that he threw up his hands into the air, gave up, and left the wiki, due to that it would take hundreds of hours for him to fix properly.
I don't care if he disagrees with his own blog tbh. The blog still has excellent knowledge and actual textual evidence that nobody has refuted. IT's just "Oh he doesn't agree with it anymore."

So what. That doesn't address any of the points on the blog.

So does that mean that we judge the cosmology by who writes it for a given time like we mentioned earlier?

I’ve seen your conversation with him when he left (you showed it last time), I didn’t see him saying that he didn’t wanna keep one cosmology. (Also DC is a mess indeed but downgrading everything to like 2-C will just create an even bigger headache)

Also I’m not saying we keep 1 cosmology btw, just that the higher tiers of the cosmology remain unchanged. So anything under the Sphere of the Gods gets retconned by these writers and like Deagonx said we see what exactly gets retconned in the comic so we don’t have to guess. But everything above the Sphere of the Gods should remain at the same tier due to their very being and function in the cosmology being dependent on their higher-dimensional nature.

I’m also good with relooking at everything tier 1 to see if it still qualifies for the rating we put it at. It’s just that I’ve gotten confirmation from someone outside who’s very knowledgeable on DC that it would still qualify for 1-A even with the stricter standards. So my guess is that we’ll just have less scans and that we’ll have to dig deeper to support 1-A or High 1-A but not that we’ll lose it entirely. That’s also why everyone saying DC should be lower and that 1-A isn’t justified should preferably just wait to draw conclusions before we actually get to the bottom of this or else this will create misconceptions and maybe even lead to premature conclusions, to the point of literally no-one taking VSBW’s stance on DC Comics seriously anymore.

I don't care if he disagrees with his own blog tbh. The blog still has excellent knowledge and actual textual evidence that nobody has refuted. IT's just "Oh he doesn't agree with it anymore."

Also where is it said he doesn’t agree with his own blog even? He basically pulled an Oliver where he’s like this is too much work to properly do on VSBW.

I mean, I think it's still worth noting. If he thinks that all of the interpretations can't be applied as one composite cosmology, that kind of says something about how we should scale the characters. I'm not familiar enough with DC to say how, though lol

What you think regarding Marvel and DC has proven time and again to be unreliable.
Look, if I can actively push for downgrading Tenchi Muyo from tier 0 to 1-B for the sake of accuracy, accept that One Piece is rated very low, and endure that a nihilistic cosmic horror series like the Cthulhu Mythos is ranked highest in the wiki, you can certainly endure admitting that our DC Comics (and to a lesser degree Marvel) scaling has enormous inconsistencies with individual writer interpretations of the cosmology.

I genuinely believe that we have given DC Comics extreme special treatment that we do not give other franchises by counting a single reality-fiction difference as sufficient grounds for High 1-A and mixing in an unshown collective author avatar as tier 0 on top of that. In addition we mix contradictory versions of the cosmology and pretend that hundreds of writers can somehow keep it consistent over a period of 82 years. The current statistics do not make sense in relation with the actual portrayals of the characters within the stories themselves.

Even Tupka217 agrees with me about the ongoing ridiculously extreme power level inconsistencies, and he has managed the DC Comics wiki for around 10 years.

I’ve seen your conversation with him when he left (you showed it last time), I didn’t see him saying that he didn’t wanna keep one cosmology. (Also DC is a mess indeed but downgrading everything to like 2-C will just create an even bigger headache)
From what I recall, we talked about it elsewhere.

Your first paragraph is meaningless, it's nothing but completely unrelated statements to pretend that you're also correct and unbiased here, when frankly you are anything but.

Your second paragraph is meaningless. To act as if each writer completely rewrites the ratings and cosmologies and that continuity doesn't exist is insulting, it's just that when some characters become stronger than your personal beliefs you refuse to accept it and rush to downgrade.

I don't know who the third person is nor should I care, that is an argument from authority.

Also I’m not saying we keep 1 cosmology btw, just that the higher tiers of the cosmology remain unchanged. So anything under the Sphere of the Gods gets retconned by these writers and like Deagonx said we see what exactly gets retconned in the comic so we don’t have to guess. But everything above the Sphere of the Gods should remain at the same tier due to their very being and function in the cosmology being dependent on their higher-dimensional nature.

I’m also good with relooking at everything tier 1 to see if it still qualifies for the rating we put it at. It’s just that I’ve gotten confirmation from someone outside who’s very knowledgeable on DC that it would still qualify for 1-A even with the stricter standards. So my guess is that we’ll just have less scans and that we’ll have to dig deeper to support 1-A or High 1-A but not that we’ll lose it entirely. That’s also why everyone saying DC should be lower and that 1-A isn’t justified should preferably just wait to draw conclusions before we actually get to the bottom of this or else this will create misconceptions and maybe even lead to premature conclusions, to the point of literally no-one taking VSBW’s stance on DC Comics seriously anymore.
Well, speaking as somebody who has read a massive amount of stories with these characters, several of the DC and Marvel cosmic entities that we give the highest statistics are not currently portrayed at anywhere near such levels as far as I am aware.

Last edited:
Well, speaking as somebody who has actually read a massive amount of stories with these characters, several of the DC and Marvel cosmic entities that we give the highest statistics are not currently portrayed at anywhere near such levels as far as I am aware.
You need to stop this. You preface every single argument with "as a person who knows more than you uncultured swines my opinion is fact" and then you never provide a single shred of evidence for your claims.

Your first paragraph is meaningless, it's nothing but completely unrelated statements to pretend that you're also correct and unbiased here, when frankly you are anything but.

Your second paragraph is meaningless. To act as if each writer completely rewrites the ratings and cosmologies and that continuity doesn't exist is insulting, it's just that when some characters become stronger than your personal beliefs you refuse to accept it and rush to downgrade.

I don't know who the third person is nor should I care, that is an argument from authority.
It is proof that I am making an active effort to strive for accuracy in general. It is my main focus and aim in my work for this wiki after all. I am not driven by my dislike for the current editorial management of the storylines of the companies. I am driven by that I genuinely strongly disagree with your interpretation of the scaling, think that we give some of the highest rated characters extreme preferential treatment, and that the statistics do not make almost any sense for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back