• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deagonx

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
It was recently brought to my attention that some misinformation had been spread about Perpetua and I wanted to make sure the proper information was relayed. I'll directly address some of the claims made in the other thread that led to the upgrade.

DC Multiverse/Creation currently contains infinite universes as per stated dozens of times.
The DC Multiverse has been stated to contain 52 universes dozens of times. For example:

7276140-52universes.png

7276236-bloodof52.png

7276235-52worlds.png

7276182-52universes7.png

7276175-52universes3.png

7276138-52universes2.png

7295311-marnovu.png

7315784-bleed1.png

So, clearly, DC has established that there are 52 universes. The evidence provided for infinite universes in the upgrade thread were as such:

3519943-thephantomstranger_4_thegroup-018.jpg

KLRN_1_1.jpg

Neither of those scans indicate infinite universes. One scan calls the multiverse "endless" and another calls it an "infinity of choice." Neither refer to the number of universes in the multiverse, and the evidence for 52 universes is far more direct and numerous.

But even if we were to lend the opposition a wide berth and say "well sometimes it flip flops" we would simply refer to the number as described in Perpetua's storyline. See below:

7423524-52universes9.png

7642684-sixearths.png

7473745-52universes10.png

As you can see, in Perpetua's storyline the multiverse as operating on a 52 universe multiverse, and during her fight with TDK, there were only six left. "Their agony keeps her powerful enough to finish the job, to destroy universe after universe." Both Perpetua herself and Batman Who Laughs indicate that Perpetua has to destroy universes one by one. She has no feats of destroying infinite universes at once, and has never coexisted with an infinite number of universes in DC.
The BWL's power was causing reality to quake, the possibilities of hypertimes to die out

This is simply a dishonest representation of the text. It was said that "possibilities of Hypertime are dying out" but it was never said that BWL was destroying them or that it was due to his power, and the feat is unquantifiable in and of itself. Here's the scan in question:

7791393-5013692047-nHnfEoLRC1vUE5z-ixEE9Gm7vPDXIVjI3EW7L0v9Q-G5qY_9vT8YLA_iX-OBjXmLkJuZBL7_t85NB4qNs5Tw_6UvfYQCrDXyQ4UKdmJgtgi-y4jhlxD9LVePUx36kWcXk91wv_gJ_A%3Ds1600.jpg

It says "At the end of time, Rip Hunter watches the lights of hypertime burn out one by one as possibilities die around him. The end is imminent. There is no time left."

The actual scan makes it clear that the impending end of the multiverse is what is affecting hypertime, not some pseudo-time destruction feat from TDK, who is not implicated in that portion of the scan.

And Perpetua currently isn't at her full power btw

Thankfully, Perpetua tells us exactly where her full power is at.

RDDJDy4.jpeg

Perpetua states clearly, "all but a fraction of my power has returned." Meaning she is nearly full power. Despite this, she has to destroy universes one by one, which is re-emphasized by Batman Who Laughs as well as the narration during her battle with TDK.

When it saids "gather enough energy" it's not saying she needs more power, but that Perpetua herself doesn't have the strength to utilize her power to destroy another universe.
This notion is just incoherent but I'll address it anyway. There is no such thing as "not having the strength to utilize your power." The power and the strength are the same thing, if she can't destroy a universe, she can't destroy a universe. To try and delineate there being two different gauges of Perpetua's power is completely unfounded.

The one instance in which Perpetua could be called "multiversal" would be the creation of the multiverse, however, it is made clear in Death Metal and Justice League that the power to create a multiverse is a one-time endowment from the Source/Presence, not a constant state of power. See below.

7616772-5354930973-gVqMC.jpg

7471098-energiesentrusted.png

7422998-sourcepresence2.png

7367835-sourceperpetua.png

As such, I don't believe it stands to scrutiny to suggest that Perpetua's ability to create a multiverse should be considered her base power instead of an amp, and particularly, I'm not sure it's clear that she could simply redirect that power in a combat sense. However, even if she could, the proof is overwhelming that this would only referr to 52 universes, as stated by World Forger, Perpetua, and BWL, as well as Mandrakk, Zillo Valla, Superman, the Monitors, and Rip Hunter.

TL;DR: Even under the best of circumstances and interpretation, Perpetua has only demonstrated the capability to affect 52 universes at once, but most often not. By her own admission, at nearly full power she is only capable of destroying one at a time.

If there are any questions/counter arguments I'm happy to hear them out and address them.

Last edited:
It is stupid plot writing. Also The World Forger created a multiverse.
Definitely. Snyder's take on the DC cosmic was... dumb

I heard that 1-A was overrated.

Which tier is appropriate for perpetua?

Honestly? 2B and maybe, just maybe if we stretch it longer than plastic man, 2A.

Too many characters here get Tier 1 for no good reasons imo. Definitely need some changes.

Didn't Anti Monitor break the infinity universe in "crisis on infinity earth"?

It wasn't of his own independent power that he accomplished this, and a lot of COIE has been retconned, for example:
7yeQLWH.png

Here in COIE 7 the origin of both Monitor and Anti-Monitor is given, which has clearly been retconned, but it explains that AM grew in power due to siphoning the evil of the antimatter universe.

QLFR0j5.png

Anti-Monitor wasn't, at his base, able to instantly destroy infinite universes. Each universe that was destroyed increased his power. See below

OOEtfNA.png

voibiyU.png

XC4pjqO.png

And the thing is, even after the Antimatter wave destroyed all but five universes, in actual combat Anti-Monitor still had trouble contending with the heroes, which included two Supermans, Uncle Sam, Blue Beetle, and a couple of others.

GkDRFw1.png

wy5579n.png

So the evidence is quite clear, even during COIE Anti-Monitor does not fit the bill of 2-A, the Antimatter wave accomplished a pseudo 2-A feat, but that was due to the unique properties of positive matter and anti-matter not being able to coexist. In a fight, this "2-A" being was forced to flee by Supergirl.

He had a starlight collector which was forcing the remaining 5 universes together, and because positive matter and antimatter cant exist together, they would've been destroyed. Once they destroyed the machine, Anti-Monitor's plans were ruined.

@Elizio33 Can you close this thread?
Why? If you don't think what I've said is correct, the right thing to do is to provide a counterargument rather than asking a mod to close the thread.
It is stupid plot writing. Also The World Forger created a multiverse.

Creating a multiverse with the World Forge and Element X don't necessarily mean you fight at a multiversal level. Likewise, World Forger admitted himself that his hammer creates one universe at a time. The transition to infinite universes wasn't World Forger hammering away, it happened when Krona looked back at the beginning of time.

Last edited:
For so many years, this is what I have been saying (on different sites) and people looked at me as if i was a mad man. Anti-Monitor was far from 2-A yet everyone puts him there, disregarding the main story. They also bring up the Spectre fight, which yeah is apparent, but iirc, he was weakened around that time. But not sure about this, so correct me if I am wrong.

Also, this wiki standards are confusing sometimes. I swear there are pages which grant characters certain tier with chain reaction but not to others.

It wasn't of his own independent power that he accomplished this, and a lot of COIE has been retconned, for example:
7yeQLWH.png

Here in COIE 7 the origin of both Monitor and Anti-Monitor is given, which has clearly been retconned, but it explains that AM grew in power due to siphoning the evil of the antimatter universe.

QLFR0j5.png

Anti-Monitor wasn't, at his base, able to instantly destroy infinite universes. Each universe that was destroyed increased his power. See below

OOEtfNA.png

voibiyU.png

XC4pjqO.png

And the thing is, even after the Antimatter wave destroyed all but five universes, in actual combat Anti-Monitor still had trouble contending with the heroes, which included two Supermans, Uncle Sam, Blue Beetle, and a couple of others.

GkDRFw1.png

wy5579n.png

So the evidence is quite clear, even during COIE Anti-Monitor does not fit the bill of 2-A, the Antimatter wave accomplished a pseudo 2-A feat, but that was due to the unique properties of positive matter and anti-matter not being able to coexist. In a fight, this "2-A" being was forced to flee by Supergirl.

He had a starlight collector which was forcing the remaining 5 universes together, and because positive matter and antimatter cant exist together, they would've been destroyed. Once they destroyed the machine, Anti-Monitor's plans were ruined.

Why? If you don't think what I've said is correct, the right thing to do is to provide a counterargument rather than asking a mod to close the thread.

Creating a multiverse with the World Forge and Element X don't necessarily mean you fight at a multiversal level. Likewise, World Forger admitted himself that his hammer creates one universe at a time. The transition to infinite universes wasn't World Forger hammering away, it happened when Krona looked back at the beginning of time.

Superman destroyed World Forge's multiverse.

Can six-dimensional beings get 2-C?

Was it really a multiverse tho? The editor clarified it was just a world... Also he didn't one punch a multiverse. If anything, he created a chain reaction of some sort. Which was obviously not the case either since we don't see anything on that scale getting destroyed.

but he didn't destroy "a multiverse". He just destroyed the anvil.

And you are telling me a punch that destroyed a whole ass multiverse just made a small crater on Earth? Is Earth that durable? Is a planet more durable than a multiverse? Genuinely curious.

but he didn't destroy "a multiverse". He just destroyed the anvil.

And you are telling me a punch that destroyed a whole ass multiverse just made a small crater on Earth? Is Earth that durable? Is a planet more durable than a multiverse? Genuinely curious.

Isn't this a description of a multiverse crashing?

I may be wrong a lot because I have little knowledge about Dc.

If we stretch it enough, could go up to a universe. But if anything, from this scan, it can seem like galaxy. Or if you show this to someone who hasn't read it, they will just think it's the reflection of stars.

Personally, I still don't see how destroying the anvil equates to a multiverse. Especially since they gave him a 2A rating.... And even if it was a multiverse (which obviously it isn't), 2A is just too much for something like this. Not once was it said it was infinite in size.

I think Perpetua, World Forager and the others need some proper downgrading.

If we stretch it enough, could go up to a universe. But if anything, from this scan, it can seem like galaxy. Or if you show this to someone who hasn't read it, they will just think it's the reflection of stars.

Personally, I still don't see how destroying the anvil equates to a multiverse. Especially since they gave him a 2A rating.... And even if it was a multiverse (which obviously it isn't), 2A is just too much for something like this. Not once was it said it was infinite in size.

I think Perpetua, World Forager and the others need some proper downgrading.

Ok

6D beings=Low 2-C
Superman=3-C~3-B
Is this right?

6D beings in DC cosmology are 1-C. They transcends the multiverse by a substantial number. Which is why (if I am remembering this correctly) they are not affected by huge retcons to the multiverse like flashpoint. They can also see the DC multiverse in a form of a comic. Although in terms of raw destructive feats, Mxy would rank lower... but that's irrelevant.

As for Superman... Tbf this feat should grant him around 3-C to 2C (at best). That's my opinion.

Anti-Monitor was far from 2-A yet everyone puts him there, disregarding the main story
It's the kind of thing that takes on a reputation of it's own independent of the story. COIE came out almost 40 years ago, and very few people have actually read it to assess the cosmic structure of DC beyond "Well AM destroyed infinite universes!!!"

Superman destroyed World Forge's multiverse.
He didn't. The editor clarified that what Superman did wasn't destroy a multiverse, but in punching World Forger at the critical point and preventing his hammer from striking, the new multiverse was unable to descend upon the old one and replace it. The punch did not destroy a multiverse.

7320681-stoppedwf4.png

7320579-stoppedwf.png

7320671-stoppedwf2.png

To avoid any confusion, the last tweet in the first picture has been misunderstood before. Yes, World Forger's multiverse was destroyed, but as he explains in the other tweets, the reason for that destruction was not Superman punching and therefore obliterating the multiverse, it was stopping World Forger from dropping his hammer.

Can six-dimensional beings get 2-C?
"Six-dimensional" is a misnomer in this context. DC's 4th dimension is time, 5th dimension is "imagination" and the 6th is some nebulous thing above that. It isn't akin to a physically six-dimensional being like some kind of 6D tesseract.

The 52 universes is a reference to the local Multiverse.

The local multiverse is the DC Multiverse. There's nothing to support the interpretation that the phrase "local multiverse" is indicative of extra "non-local" universes within the DC Multiverse as we know it. The most likely interpretation, and the one that is congruent with the amplitude of evidence provided, is that the DC Multiverse is the "local Multiverse" and the "non-local" would be other multiverses in the Omniverse.

The evidence makes it clear, Perpetua's multiverse contained a finite 52 universes that were destroyed by her one by one. This was referenced by World Forger, Perpetua, BWL, and during the final battle between TDK and Perpetua. At no point during the Perpetua saga was it indicated that there were more universes "non-locally" in the DC Multiverse.

Further, the narrative of Perpetua's goal falls apart if there are unmentioned infinite universes in the Multiverse that she isn't destroying. The notion is incoherent and is solely being argued for the purpose of wanking a character beyond their capabilities. We are smacked over the head with finite universes over a dozen times in Perpetua's actual story alone, to say nothing of the dozen+ scans from Final Crisis, Countdown, 52, and several other sources.

That's not the full phrase though. It's the 52 "known universes" of the local Multiverse. So the local Multiverse is only the known universes. And it's very consistent that there are universe numbers beyond this 52 as shown during the Unexpected referencing Earth 462, Earth 898, and Earth 1927.

And with the metaverse existing to preserve every era of DC as shown during Doomsday Clock. You'd have the local Multiverse within the metaverse of infinite universes.

That's not the full phrase though. It's the 52 "known universes" of the local Multiverse. So the local Multiverse is only the known universes.
This interpretation is heavily contradicted by the direct information provided in the actual Perpetua storyline, so why would we accept this problematic interpretation from a single line from a comic that was written before Perpetua even debuted in DC instead of the hoard of scans directly saying there are 52 or less? Likewise, why would the highest cosmic beings only be aware of the local universes?

Perpetua speaks very clearly, "there were 52 universes in this perversion of my multiverse, now there are 51."

BWL speaks very clearly, "Of 52 universes, only 8 remain"

It was said clearly in the final battle "Only 6 universes remain in the Multiverse."

This idea that we should take this throw-away line from Multiversity to overwrite clear cut information which is basically spoonfed to the reader through the entire DC Death Metal event is purely motivated by wank, no reasonable person would ignore the mountain of evidence for a finite 52 universes because of the lone reference to a "local multiverse."

If there were ever "unknown" universes outside of those 52, that notion was retconned when Perpetua was written into DC, as it is absolutely preposterous that neither her, nor World Forger, nor Batman Who Laughs, would be aware of their existence. Once again, the Perpetua storyline becomes incoherent if there are extra universes that she has not destroyed yet.

We take the Multiversity statement because contextually that's what the 52 universes are. They're the 52 known worlds of the local Multiverse. Therefore anything referencing 52 universes would carry that context. So you posting scans referencing 52 universes doesn't prove anything as nothing is being overwritten. All we're doing is just applying context that you clearly think we should ignore for some unknown reason.

1519783726095.jpg

We take the Multiversity statement because contextually that's what the 52 universes are. They're the 52 known worlds of the local Multiverse.
This isn't a response, this is just repeating your original interpretation..
So you posting scans referencing 52 universes doesn't prove anything as nothing is being overwritten
Once again, you have failed to address the problems in your interpretation or why we should accept it. Further, you've failed to address any of the counterarguments about clear statements from Death Metal and Justice League indicating an explicitly finite amount of universes, nor the fact that your unresolved problematic interpretation makes the Perpetua storyline incoherent.

So, I'll give you another chance, why should we accept your interpretation of this scan over everything else, given the floppiness of your personal interpretation of it, and how that interpretation is incompatible with the current storylines?

That's because you claimed the statement overwrites the 52 universe statements when it doesn't. It just adds context as to what the 52 universes are. Hence why your reason for why we shouldn't accept it makes no sense because nothing is being overwritten. The scan I posted doesn't cancel out anything.

Last edited:
It just adds context as to what the 52 universes are.
Your interpretation of what that means makes the Perpetua storyline incoherent and clashes with explicit information given to us in the text. Perpetua is seeking to destroy every universe in the Multiverse she created, the DC Multiverse. She explicitly states there are 52, she never says "local" or "plus all the other ones I have to destroy that I mysteriously haven't mentioned."

Further, the original point you were making no longer stands. You are now focusing on the "known worlds" portion rather than the "local multiverse" portion, which means from the get go these hypothetical "extra universes" were not separate from the "local multiverse" they would simply be "unknown" worlds of the local multiverse.

That makes this point of contention far simpler. There are no universes outside the 52 known ones, according to the highest cosmic beings in DC, who have stated it time and time and time again. Even if Mar Novu's fragments, the Monitors of Nil, weren't aware of more universes (or theoretically thought there might be more yet to be discovered), there is absolutely no way World Forger or Perpetua would not know about them, which means the statement "there are 52 universes in my multiverse" is definite and irrefutable. Glad we have that settled.

Here's a blog explaining the magnitude of the DC multiverse

The blog is pretty hard to read IMO, it could use a lot of clean up and grammar corrections, but in general he fails to address the conflicting evidence in any meaningful way which makes it hard to take seriously. Anyone with a particular axe to grind could find and hyperfocus on the evidence that supports their point. The evidence has to be examined in context, which is why for Perpetua, for example, we should refer to the evidence that is pertinent to Perpetua, like her own descriptions of her power, her multiverse, etc.

The blog is pretty hard to read IMO, it could use a lot of clean up and grammar corrections, but in general he fails to address the conflicting evidence in any meaningful way which makes it hard to take seriously. Anyone with a particular axe to grind could find and hyperfocus on the evidence that supports their point. The evidence has to be examined in context, which is why for Perpetua, for example, we should refer to the evidence that is pertinent to Perpetua, like her own descriptions of her power, her multiverse, etc.
that blog should have deleted it, it has many grammatical errors and I need to organize it (it was in my first attempts)

Adding context =/= clashing with the statement. And it doesn't make the story incoherent at all because the universe destroying only applies to the known universes of the local Multiverse. Which makes sense as she was destroying the 52 universes throughout the story. Perpetua's higher end feats involve threatening to the collapse the entire Multiverse during her fight with TDK during Rise of the New God. Which is what her lower state scales to. Not the universe destroying thing.

Also I was focusing on the whole statement. However I'm not going to bicker about that since it's irrelevant to my points.

Last edited:
Agreed. This thread and everything in it was already addressed before. Mods need to close it.
I swear to god its almost like vs wiki has a complete hate boner for DC every time I see the verse trying/is going of an upgrade, the people just come through and try to downgrade everything. Its sucks because I know that 90 percent of people don't agree with the currant stats we have for our DC pages but 2-A DC as it god tiers?

Nah I'm good chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back