• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I find vtubers / idol figures and the culture surrounding that incredibly cringe and toxic, but god damn id be an Uta fan if she became a singer. Lame how she isnt 1 comboing Luffy like smh all characters in One Piece need to be Yonko lvl or above now.

IK I'm reaching but
Assuming it COULD fit within the canon timeline- and this is a longshot, Uta looks like she was around Luffy's age when she was with Shanks. If Shanks was with her then left to give Luffy his hat, he'd be 27-- and assuming she was anywhere between 8 to 10, there's a window of 3-ish years where he COULD have had a daughter.

Even if I'm 99% sure Uta's just an adopted daughter, if she ain't then it could technically make sense with the ages and all.

Posting this here since it isn't relevant to chapter 1046:

Hey guys, remember my rant on how awful Garp was at parenting?

Well I think there is just one person who is just as bad as him yet no one really notices: Yasopp.

I. HATE. YASSOP.

He literally left his sick and dying wife and child son to go party and drink with his buddies, and didn't even do anything before he left to make sure Usopp was taken care of or not made a laughingstock. I mean, at least Garp trained Luffy and gave him to bandits to raise (and Dadan is Luffy's true mom).

And before anyone replies "But his wife told him to go to sea", THAT'S NOT A VALID EXCUSE.

He's a big boy, he can make his own decisions, and he should've been responsible enough to decline his wife's request and be a big enough man to raise Usopp, or even take Usopp with him to be on Shanks's crew!

But no, he used his sick and dying wife's permission as an excuse to go to sea without needing to take any direct responsibility for abandoning his son to the cruelties of the world. He probably mentally patted himself on the back for that, and I doubt he even regrets his choices.

Hell, he's been there for Luffy more than he's been for his own son!

It's no mystery where (or rather, who) Usopp got his cowardly nature from, except Usopp STILL has far more bravery and guts than his worthless father!

****. This. Guy.
After seeing the Red trailer: Shanks joins the group of deadbeat dads

Flashback Shanks has his straw-hat.

Which means there is a non-zero possibility of us getting to see Mihawk vs Shanks in the movie (through a flashback)

Holy shit... 8-10 seconds of shanks and look at these comments 👁️👁️

Also I've heard that the film red twitter account has said that while the events aren't canon, some of the information within the film is.
Proof/scan?

Maybe this? Link

Man.... I swear...

Last edited:
Who cares, the movie's not canon. I'm not watching, just like I did with any other filler in OP
Who cares? Um literally everyone that likes one piece... It being non canon does mean shit, I HATE that word (which is even made up).... It's like putting something in a box and only allowing someone to only go through one plotline, that literally contradicts everything in the show... I would literally watch luffy just going on a walk in his hometown and not complain

Not only does Oda himself care but so does everyone around him... So why the f should you not care? Because they're not going to go find the one piece which you don't even know about?

The origins of the word "canon" relates to religion/theology
a collection or list of sacred books accepted as genuine.

This?

In fiction, canon is the material accepted as officially part of the story in an individual universe of that story by its fan base

I SWEAR PEOPLE CHANGE THE MEANING OF THIS FOR THEIR OWN BS HEADCANON, I literally don't care... If Oda finds them important to one piece then it's literally canon that's all the proof I need

Who cares, the movie's not canon. I'm not watching, just like I did with any other filler in OP
While I get where you're coming from and was on that mindset once, Oda's words of it being an important adventure as any other (or something around those lines) kinda drew me back.

Dude made that video and made up all these rules... And failed entirely to mention Jimbei, who doesn't fit any of his rules

Despite the two latest members of the Straw Hats not following the system Morj just explained, they still joined

Like his Raid will fail theories, Morj has once again capped hard

Dude made that video and made up all these rules... And failed entirely to mention Jimbei, who doesn't fit any of his rules

Despite the two latest members of the Straw Hats not following the system Morj just explained, they still joined

Like his Raid will fail theories, Morj has once again capped hard
Regardless I think his theory has some validity to it. Though you make a good point about Jinbei

Regardless I think his theory has some validity to it. Though you make a good point about Jinbei
I think his argument had some validity to Pre-TS Straw Hats, but Oda has changed over the years and Brook and Jimbei prove that the rules of someone being a Straw Hat have changed from the start of the series

So I don't think he made any valid points

I think his argument had some validity to Pre-TS Straw Hats, but Oda has changed over the years and Brook and Jimbei prove that the rules of someone being a Straw Hat have changed from the start of the series
Agreed

Well I'm mostly referring to the last part of his video where he talks about when Yamato took the wrong message from Oden's journal: that Oden should be adventuring out in the sea; when infact he should have stayed and ruled Wano.

Though a counterargument could be that since Yamato's whole character is basically derived from Oden and his journal, her character arc will be breaking from that, and instead of staying in Wano she instead goes out into sea and doesn't look back (unlike Oden).... or something like that idk

I still think his points are valid, Im still pretty neutral on the whole thing tbh

He lost me with his "Kaido won't lose because we don't have his flashback" argument being so reaccuring.

Like Katakuri's flashback didn't come after he lost-

Back