• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Probably a big ass LS upgrade I'd imagine.

Also Shiki's island lifting fears are gonna be a bitch to calculate.
Honestly I just want 6-C post-timeskip mid-tiers back.

They were there for so long it just feels wrong for them to be gone.

I mean, we could scale Jack to hurting Zunesha just by walking on him, but that's a stretch.

I mean, we could scale Jack to hurting Zunesha just by walking on him, but that's a stretch.
Once upon a time G4 Luffy and Kat were low 6-B

Once upon a time G4 Luffy and Kat were low 6-B
I know, but scaling wise the 6-c just felt right.

Also, it made for good matchups between mid-high tier OP characters and mid-high tier Fairy Tail characters who were 6-c back in the day, before OP mid-tiers got nerfed to 7-A while FT mid-high tiers got jacked up to High 6-A.

I know powerscaling can be pretty relative among different people and you just want what makes sense to you, but it still seems very wrong to me say "We should have Island level ratings back for these characters because they had them for so long."

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

I know powerscaling can be pretty relative among different people and you just want what makes sense to you, but it still seems very wrong to me say "We should have Island level ratings back for these characters because they had them for so long."
I worded that wrong, I apologize.

What I meant to say was that I would prefer 6-C mid-tier post-timeskip people, but I understand that the scaling can disagree with that.

After each issue of Shonen jump, there is a part with Author comments from all the different manga.
This time, Oda's comment says "Thanks to Pokemon Go, i found a great park in my neighborhood. How did i miss this huge park?"

It is now confirmed that while writing about the search of One piece, Oda searches for One Pokemon

Posting this here since it isn't relevant to chapter 1046:

Hey guys, remember my rant on how awful Garp was at parenting?

Well I think there is just one person who is just as bad as him yet no one really notices: Yasopp.

I. HATE. YASSOP.

He literally left his sick and dying wife and child son to go party and drink with his buddies, and didn't even do anything before he left to make sure Usopp was taken care of or not made a laughingstock. I mean, at least Garp trained Luffy and gave him to bandits to raise (and Dadan is Luffy's true mom).

And before anyone replies "But his wife told him to go to sea", THAT'S NOT A VALID EXCUSE.

He's a big boy, he can make his own decisions, and he should've been responsible enough to decline his wife's request and be a big enough man to raise Usopp, or even take Usopp with him to be on Shanks's crew!

But no, he used his sick and dying wife's permission as an excuse to go to sea without needing to take any direct responsibility for abandoning his son to the cruelties of the world. He probably mentally patted himself on the back for that, and I doubt he even regrets his choices.

Hell, he's been there for Luffy more than he's been for his own son!

It's no mystery where (or rather, who) Usopp got his cowardly nature from, except Usopp STILL has far more bravery and guts than his worthless father!

****. This. Guy.

Hmm, déjà vu?
After each issue of Shonen jump, there is a part with Author comments from all the different manga.
This time, Oda's comment says "Thanks to Pokemon Go, i found a great park in my neighborhood. How did i miss this huge park?"

It is now confirmed that while writing about the search of One piece, Oda searches for One Pokemon
The OP Pokemon conspiracy is real🤯!?

Maybe it's Ho-oh, since Ho-oh is connected to Ash in the anime going on an adventure, so it's kind of like Luffy going on an adventure in One Piece.

But I do think it might be possible that she's Shanks daughter cause he adopted her, and not that he was involved in her inception. Although with her being a half red head, she might actually be biologically his daughter.

All I know is that Shanks got some explaining to do.

But I do think it might be possible that she's Shanks daughter cause he adopted her, and not that he was involved in her inception. Although with her being a half read head, she might actually be biologically his daughter.

All I know is that Shanks got some explaining to do.
And yet he gave Luffy more care than he gave his own daughter.

Boy, Oda really likes all these lousy father figures.

And yet he gave Luffy more care than he gave his own daughter.

Boy, Oda really likes all these lousy father figures.
To be fair with Shanks, we don't have any details about his and Uta's history together, so it's a bit early to crap on him just yet.

For all we know, he might have left Uta so as to protect her and give her a chance at a normal life. If he took her, she would basically be forced to wonder the seas as a pirate against her will, and if he stayed with her, she would be under constant threat of the WG.

Of course I'm just theorizing, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't throw him under the bus just yet.

To be fair with Shanks, we don't have any details about his and Uta's history together, so it's a bit early to crap on him just yet.

For all we know, he might have left Uta so as to protect her and give her a chance at a normal life. If he took her, she would basically be forced to wonder the seas as a pirate against her will, and if he stayed with her, she would be under constant threat of the WG.

Of course I'm just theorizing, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't throw him under the bus just yet.
No, that's valid.

Honestly, it was more of a jab at Yasopp and Garp.

No, that's valid.

Honestly, it was more of a jab at Yasopp and Garp.
Ah, that's completely fair then lol.

Like I'm not gonna defend Shanks avidly since he might just be a bad dad, but the tone of this film seems to concentrate on the love between Uta and Shanks, so I think it's best to go into this film with an open mind and give Shanks at least the chance to explain himself.

I really am praying that Shanks actually is a good away from home dad that loves his daughter.

Back