• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1053: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Climate is a poor word choice to convey that.

I don't really see how awakening would affect that; if he's unawakened, the island is melted to/covered in lava and set ablaze. If he's awakened, the island is (maybe) converted to lava.

Given that it's also the same for Aokiji, I'd just argue that it's only presented as being the intensity of their powers.

I don't really see how awakening would affect that; if he's unawakened, the island is melted to lava and set ablaze. If he's awakened, the island is (maybe) converted to lava.

Given that it's also the same for Aokiji, I'd just argue that it's only presented as being the intensity of their powers.
1) That’s why I edited my response. I realized afterward that I wrote “climate”.

2) Maybe, who knows... I guess we will see. I used to argue that Kaido would be awakened and I was wrong about that, so I could be wrong about Akainu too. But that would honestly be so underwhelming.

I definitely hope he awakens/is awakened. I'd be cool seeing something like Kronos from Wrath of the Titans.

Meme time
1-a57afb386b080cd067459f360255e9e1.jpg

I like his latest theory about Pluton is An Ark that can fly like Enel's Ark Maxim but with a Devil Fruit power that can wipe out an Island, I hope he continues this new idea for his next Pluton theory video.
The whole definition of pluton about it being under the crust thing made me think about it-
I don't think Zunesha is necessary for opening the borders, I think Zunesha is necessary to carry the citizens of wano while the borders are opening, because I think Pluton awakening is what would destroy them. Big ass schmega ship busting out from under wano's crust or full on blowing that entire mountain carrying wano off to make way? Jfc- (Especially when Croc said Pluton can destroy islands in one shot to where "nothing is left")
You'd need something to carry the people otherwise gravity would end them, and that's when Zunesha comes in.

Wano's borders opening is going to be g r a n d-- if it ain't off-screened that is >>

Green Bull slapped King and Queen. They were probably still weakened from the Raid even after a week to recover, and Green Bull might have also caught them off guard, but I think the Admirals are stronger than we think they are. Remember how confident Kizaru was when he offered to Akainu to go to Wano to put a stop to the drama?

He was like "Want me to head over there real quick and take care of it?" Pretty cocky of him given they knew Big Mom and Kaido were there already.

Was it shown how strong Marco is compared to both of them?
It showed that his blue bird attack (fireball) against King was a Hybrid attack that it was formed from his upper body. King was shown unharmed after that attack and the following kick afterwards.

Queen was damaged by Marco's pheonix brand attack (also a fire ball), the attack also seems to have only used one talon while previously it was shown using both. Queen's face wasn't scarred from the crane talon attack like in the manga but this seems to be due to the anime changing where the attack landed.

Last edited:
I wasn't referring to Ryokugyu. I'm referring to the fact that Marco is Country level+ and they're Large Mountain level.

Hold on. You forget that Akainu was pretty much revealed by Oda to have the highest offensive DF. Plus, unlike Kaido, he probably is Awakened seeing as he changed the climate of an island forever. I used to think that Kaido was absolutely stronger, but Akainu might be more of a monster than we realize.

Another thing, the Kaido was said to be the strongest creature in the world by people through the narrator, not by Oda. It was just to hype him up. If we took WB as the “Strongest Man in the World” at face value, we would be left rather underwhelmed and disappointed, since Luffy has pretty much already reached that level.

Since One Piece is a shonen, we know that the ceiling doesn’t stop here. The only bad thing is that Oda might pull a Kubo route and imply power while never showing destructive feats.
Highest offensive DF doesn't make him an invincible god. If an old dying Whitebeard can endure hus magma and beat the shit out of him I'm sure current Luffy could do much more. In fact we just saw what happens if you try to burn Luffy, he just uses advanced haki to avoid it but still knock you out.

You forget that Akainu was pretty much revealed by Oda to have the highest offensive DF.

I'll always take that statement with a grain of salt until we get clarification in the manga itself. Oda doesn't use our system of AP, and his idea of what highest offensive power means could be a bit different to just "Who can put the most joules of energy into their attack".

I don't really see how awakening would affect that; if he's unawakened, the island is melted to/covered in lava and set ablaze. If he's awakened, the island is (maybe) converted to lava.

It makes sense now that greenbull is revealed to change the environment passively, even though I speculate he's a special zoan as he can turn into and make plants, and plants are living beings but not animals like other zoans.

Highest offensive DF doesn't make him an invincible god. If an old dying Whitebeard can endure hus magma and beat the shit out of him I'm sure current Luffy could do much more. In fact we just saw what happens if you try to burn Luffy, he just uses advanced haki to avoid it but still knock you out.
Luffy already shown have resistance to such heat like Magma. Also you make a good point.

I'll always take that statement with a grain of salt until we get clarification in the manga itself. Oda doesn't use our system of AP, and his idea of what highest offensive power means could be a bit different to just "Who can put the most joules of energy into their attack".
Yeah this too. Plus he said it pre time skip, before the capabilities of any Yonko (except buggy and luffy) were shown. Now, Kaido can also vaporize things, but also has FAR greater stats than any Admiral so far. Well, except speed, but Kizaru having the most speed won't guarantee a win for him. But my point is, if Luffy can a beat Kaidou, then he shouldn't have. a problem with someone who only has one of Kaidou's abilities ( and IMO isn't too creative with the ability in battle anyway )

Luffy already shown have resistance to such heat like Magma. Also you make a good point.
his reaction to Kaido heating up to the point of vaporizing things was to blow his hand like he just got hit by some hot water. Literally treated a steaming magma dragon as if they were hot sink water.

Ah yes, use pre time skip admirals against current characters, big brain moment🤓
If you payed attention you'd know that my point was that Akainu couldn't do much to Luffy since Kaidou has tried everything that Akainu could try but still failed lol.

Idk. People always show that scan of Akainu making the Marine forces stronger than ever, but they also leave out the previous scan where TS Aokiji is regarded as a massive loss in overall military power.

In context, the statement probably just refers to the new level of control given to the Marines, which includes conscription, that they used to expand the size of their military.

Anyway, we'll see if Akainu has boosted his powers. I just don't see the statement as conclusive.

Edit: Also, idk or care who'd win. I'd just like to see them fight at all.

Last edited:
If you payed attention you'd know that my point
point of using a pre time skip character and comparing them to a post time skip. yeah. thats a dumb point.
was that Akainu couldn't do much to Luffy
pre time skip akainu neg diffs pre time skip luffy and would've if ace didn't turn into a donut.
since Kaidou has tried everything that Akainu could try
um no lol, ur under the assumption that akainu somehow stayed the same strength while luffy got about 150,000x stronger from marineford to now.
but still failed lol.
ah yes, big brain moment 🤓

I hope this isn't sarcasm since Yamato and Kaidou are also zoans with a few logia powers.
No Sarcasm. Mythical Zoans all typically have special powers, but I wouldn't say Yamato and Kaido are similar just for having access to elemental powers. I was more thinking like how Marco regens so fast it's like he's got logia intangibility. Green Bull might have crazy plant regen like Swampfire from Ben 10

1) Never said it did, otherwise One Piece verse would be screwed.
2) Akainu could have gotten stronger. It is hilarious that people believe that villains just stagnate in power after they are introduced when so far we’ve seen Buggy, Bellamy, and Crocodile all get stronger since their initial portrayals, not to mention the numbered Baroque agents.
3) You are seriously underestimating Akainu. I will stand on that. The problem with Marineford is that people seem to think that those will be the best feats from those characters.

point of using a pre time skip character and comparing them to a post time skip. yeah. thats a dumb point.

pre time skip akainu neg diffs pre time skip luffy and would've if ace didn't turn into a donut.

um no lol, ur under the assumption that akainu somehow stayed the same strength while luffy got about 150,000x stronger from marineford to now.

ah yes, big brain moment 🤓
Obvious troll. No one deadass proves someone's point by saying that pretimeskip is irrelevant then using it to scale 2 characters, one of who has changed a LOT in power. Anyway all of that was invalid when you realize I meant that the one ability his fruit grants him was proven useless against people with advanced coc and/or armament just a couple chapters ago.

1) Never said it did, otherwise One Piece verse would be screwed.
2) Akainu could have gotten stronger. It is hilarious that people believe that villains just stagnate in power after they are introduced when so far we’ve seen Buggy, Bellamy, and Crocodile all get stronger since their initial portrayals, not to mention the numbered Baroque agents.
3) You are seriously underestimating Akainu. I will stand on that. The problem with Marineford is that people seem to think that those will be the best feats from those characters.
Again, I'm saying that him improving will be virtually useless as Kaidou basically has all types of advanced haki, really good physical stats and capabilities, and has Akainu's ability and more, but STILL lost to Luffy. So what much could Akainu do even if he improved?

Obvious troll.
🥱 looking for a way out by accusing me of trolling
No one deadass proves someone's point by saying that prw timeskip is irrelevant then using it to scale 2 characters, one of who has changed a LOT in power.
im countering ur points of using, Akainu no diffed by WB blah blah blah, which is irrelevant cuz ur only evidence is using current luffy vs marineford akainu(who still ripped half of WB's face who was the strongest at the time)
Anyway all of that was invalid when you realize I meant that the one ability his fruit grants him was proven useless against people with advanced coc and/or armament just a couple chapters ago.
⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️HEADCANON⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️aint Kaido fall into magma LOL, talk about not making sense.

True. But he also might still think about it in terms of DC. Why? Because Oda is a fan of Dragonball, is friends with Toriko’s author, and is Kishimoto’s friend and rival. I am pretty sure that he is no stranger to characters blowing up large landmasses. In One Piece, the destruction is far more focused than in other series, but there is a chance that Oda will let loose with EoS. That is usually the time when Shonens get the usual power creep.

I hope this isn't sarcasm since Yamato and Kaidou are also zoans with a few logia powers.
Logia power is not like producing the power of Nature, but making his body become the nature or natural elements. The oven also has an element from nature, namely heat and makes his body hot, but that does not mean he becomes hot itself. Aokiji is cold temperatures, cold temperatures make ice. Monet is Ice, ice becomes Snow.
If Ryokugyu is a Logia then he has plant elements and his body is a plant, has the nature of plants that is sucking natural nutrients.
Zoan wouldn't possess/produce elements like Nature unless he is a Mythical Zoan like Luffy, Yamato and Kaido.

🥱 looking for a way out by accusing me of trolling

im countering ur points of using, Akainu no diffed by WB blah blah blah, which is irrelevant cuz ur only evidence is using current luffy vs marineford akainu(who still ripped half of WB's face who was the strongest at the time)

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️HEADCANON⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️aint Kaido fall into magma LOL, talk about not making sense.
Pretty sure Kaidou was shown just floating in the magma, since it was revealed most people ate immune to their own abilities, thus Kaidou is resistant to the vaporizing heat he was shown using in the final chapters of his fight. Either way, that didn't prove any of your points. It just shows that Kaidou can mop Akainu too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back