• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1048: "Twenty Years" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets take a look at Kaidos Susanoo´s size and the explosion of the clash
kSTSVE2.png
28px = 42.1m (Height of Sunny's Mast)
103px = 155m (branch)
21px (background) = 155m (branch)
97px (background) = 715m (rock width)
9RH7rwf.png
32px = 715m
728px = 16266m
z1ABLyU.png
337px = 16266m (Island Width)
30px = 1448m (Horn Width)
269px = 12984m (Skull Width)
166px = 8012m (Horn length)
awWY8q6.png
96px=6318m
22px=1448m
2DyLF50.png
79px=6318m
205px=16395m
572px=45746m

So yeah,pretty big

Still need to wait for a clean scan but hey,aint that bad

Lets take a look at Kaidos Susanoo´s size and the explosion of the clash
kSTSVE2.png
28px = 42.1m (Height of Sunny's Mast)
103px = 155m (branch)
21px (background) = 155m (branch)
97px (background) = 715m (rock width)
9RH7rwf.png
32px = 715m
728px = 16266m
z1ABLyU.png
337px = 16266m (Island Width)
30px = 1448m (Horn Width)
269px = 12984m (Skull Width)
166px = 8012m (Horn length)
awWY8q6.png
96px=6318m
22px=1448m
2DyLF50.png
79px=6318m
205px=16395m
572px=45746m

So yeah,pretty big

Still need to wait for a clean scan but hey,aint that bad
I thought KT'S onigashima size was a placeholder for now- we really need to decide a size for it so all these calcs don't have results based on tens of kilometes difference tbh

No no- the movie is canon. I meant the FEAT itself, since some will use the argument of "how did Luffy beat him then" and whatnot. I just viewed it as "Luffy was upscaled for the movie" instead of the other way around, but you never know who might say what.
I think we should say it is an outlier for Luffy but keep it for God Tiers.

Btw, King, was the High 6-A calc for Shiki accepted? I know the other 2 (the 2 High 6-B ones) were accepted, but Mitch brought up a complaint about the 3rd one that...honestly made sense.

It's accepted
Great, just making sure.

Because I remember the last time I thought a High 6-A calc for OP God Tiers would be accepted...

So unless Luffy and/or Kaido pulls some ridiculous exaton feat out of their butt in the next few chapters, the 16 petaton Shiki calc will likely be the baseline for God Tiers and the only High 6-A calc.

No no- the movie is canon. I meant the FEAT itself, since some will use the argument of "how did Luffy beat him then" and whatnot. I just viewed it as "Luffy was upscaled for the movie" instead of the other way around, but you never know who might say what.
Yes, it doesn't really make sense that pre-timeskip Luffy could beat somebody that could fight Roger and it took both Garp and Sengoku at the same time to defeat.

Oda usually maintains a comparatively rational scaling, but Crocodile fighting Doflamingo and Jozu, and Luffy beating Shiki doesn't make much sense.

I still really hope that post-Kaido Luffy will not be crippled during all of his upcoming fights btw.

Also, wasn't the One Piece Film: Z movie also written by Oda? Is that canon as well?

Yes, it doesn't really make sense that pre-timeskip Luffy could beat somebody that could fight Roger and it took both Garp and Sengoku at the same time to defeat.

Oda usually maintains a comparatively rational scaling, but Crocodile fighting Doflamingo and Jozu, and Luffy beating Shiki doesn't make much sense.
Yeah, I just view it as, for the sake of the storyline, Luffy was just heavily upscaled but Shiki is technically correct in scaling (as he isn't far higher than the other 6A's). Luffy is the outlier, Shiki is not.
It's definitely a similiar case to Luffy beating Croc, who (as far as we know)didn't even train and got so strong he could clash with Doffy and Hawkeyes. A case of Oda's "I introduced them too early" (which is a thing he said for Croc I believe)

I still really hope that post-Kaido Luffy will not be crippled during all of his upcoming fights btw.
Him being a Zoan kinda helps with his regen, I believe. I won't be shocked if Luffy is so strong now that Oda DOES need to nerf him for Big Mom (if they do fight in elbaf, if there is an elbaf at all-)

Yeah, I just view it as, for the sake of the storyline, Luffy was just heavily upscaled but Shiki is technically correct in scaling (as he isn't far higher than the other 6A's). Luffy is the outlier, Shiki is not.
It's definitely a similiar case to Luffy beating Croc, who (as far as we know)didn't even train and got so strong he could clash with Doffy and Hawkeyes. A case of Oda's "I introduced them too early" (which is a thing he said for Croc I believe)
Okay, so we can consider the feat as legitimate for Shiki and Yonkou-level characters, but not for Luffy then?
Him being a Zoan kinda helps with his regen, I believe. I won't be shocked if Luffy is so strong now that Oda DOES need to nerf him for Big Mom (if they do fight in elbaf, if there is an elbaf at all-)
I think that the nerf would be in preparation for fighting Blackbeard and Akainu in that case.

Nada. He was the executive producer and he created some stuff that ties in with it, but it isn't canon.
Strong World was specifically stated to be events that correlate with the manga and it was in the databooks as real events
Okay. Thank you for the information.

1. If it were canon, then Base/Gear 2nd Luffy would be God Tier for beating Z who matched Kizaru.

2. Speaking of, how come present Zephyr isn't a 6-B for matching Kizaru?

Okay, so we can consider the feat as legitimate for Shiki and Yonkou-level characters, but not for Luffy then?
Exactly. Not for Pre timeskip Luffy at least. Current Luffy should scale based off the god-tier scaling and that consistency.
I think that the nerf would be in preparation for fighting Blackbeard and Akainu in that case.
Yup! Maybe him being weakened might result in him creating more abilities. Since even now Luffy seems to be so lost in the new gear that he's trying to still create moves and give them names.
He's always one to take time with his gears and haki to develop variants and all. Imagine if Gear Five is only one zoan form out of multiple (like Kaido's two hybrids, and Chopper's many ones)

Well, I hope that Luffy will recover eventually in that case, at least until he fights the end boss, Imu.

Yikes......

One of the least enjoyable chapters imo. Who actually didn't expect denjiro to do this.
Oda let the orochi plotline go on for a little too long imo

I liked the chapter, and some of the coloured pages looked awesome.

Yeh, the only thing im not feeling is denjiro, like bruh how u gonna vanish for 20+ chapters just to steal the spotlight from hiyori, like what.
Kaido Luffy stuff was awesome, Orochi i have no opinion cuz like, its the same old, hes probs still alive somewhere near death,

It does kinda feel like odas waiting for 1050

I'm noticing above both the panels of the clash, the clouds are starting to swirl around the clash area/radius. Also Luffy saying "I'm sending you to the bottom of hell"- raw.
It might be literal too. Mf is gonna push the entire country back to sea level, then Kaido's ass even lower

Ayo the panel with the rope had me shook--
I mean understandable, but damn. That shit was dark-
Yes, let's all stop thinking that Kaido has an evil is cool wibe please. He is just a ruthless tyrannical mass-murdering misanthropic psychopath. He isn't cool at all, and he represents plenty of people throughout history who have been extremely similar. (And yes, I am ashamed that I used to have a similar unthinking attitude towards Dormammu, simply because of a good design and lots of power.)

Like is said earlier, I want Luffy to skip the whole "no killing" thing this time. I really despise Kaido's type of person.

I'm glad they're bringing back the ryuou barriers to remind us that Luffy CAN use those for offense and not just defense. If that's the case was he planning on just hitting Kaido with the barrier and not the fist itself, or maybe doing the thing he did with the tree and send his Ryuou outwards to deck Kaido

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back