• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1048: "Twenty Years" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
On Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No break next week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Please god let the "clash" show us Kaido's last Wisdom King based attack.

Also I'm hearing things about the next chapter being the end for act 3? I'm starting to believe act 4 will legitemately just be Luffy vs Kaido on WANO mainland, since Momo moved Onigashima (or at least I assume he did)
OR beginning of act 4 is Kaido losing the clash and act 4 is the rocks Flashback

I guess tank would be the way he took Luffy's hits at the beginning of wano. Just muscled through, didn't bother blocking or anything.
My vocabulary and similarities in each word is a bit limited, so maybe the context of block or clash and tanks is a little different But doesn't clashing or bloking take all of the damages too?

1. I really hope Reiju reappears in the story soon!

2. As happy as I am to see Orochi dead, I still feel kinda sad for him due to his backstory. It's not an excuse for his douchebagery, but it's a sad cycle of violence.

3. Can Kaido just go down already?

1. I find it sad that the anime doesn't adapt the coverstories anymore

3. He'll last at least enough for Momo to make his own clouds. If he just gets oneshot right in the start of the chapter then the people below Onigashima are screwed.

My vocabulary and similarities in each word is a bit limited, so maybe the context of block or clash and tanks is a little different But doesn't clashing or bloking take all of the damages too?
Clashing is usually equal forces meeting each other. Like Kaido/Luffy's heaven splitter, or Kundali meteor shower vs Roc Gatling gun

TANKING is one just naturally no-selling everything. Kaido standing there in kuri town and taking all of boundman's hits with zero damage- Kaido tanking the gamma knife due to being off guard, and King's fire on mode being naturally tanky since his regular body is nigh-indestructible.
Tanking implies you have no need for defense basically

Anyway, I am getting tired of Kaido at this point. If even Luffy's mega punch will not put him down, I would normally hope that Momonosuke drops the entire flying island on him afterwards, but unless Law can somehow move them all away quickly, lots of the good guys would also die from that.

Maybe Law can teleport lots of the remaining explosives on him afterwards or something as a final strike?

Counted the heads Orochi has lost and there's a small chance he might come back from this considering he has 8 heads total:
1 - against Kaido
5 - Scabbards
1 - Denjiro this chapter

Last edited:
Counted the heads Orochi has lost and there's a small chance he might come back from this considering he has 8 heads total:
1 - against Kaido
5 - Scabbards
1 - Denjiro this chapter
Has he lost his main head yet (prior to this chapter... since we can't see the scan yet)

Anyway, I am getting tired of Kaido at this point. If even Luffy's mega punch will not put him down, I would normally hope that Momonosuke drops the entire flying island on him afterwards, but unless Law can somehow move them all away quickly, lots of the good guys would also die from that.

Maybe Law can teleport lots of the remaining explosives on him afterwards or something as a final strike?
I'm not getting tired of KAIDO as much as I am getting tired of every new attempt FAILING.
The L's are getting frustrating for sure. Another bomb victory would feel like a cope out though-

Maybe act 3 ends with the clash and act 4 Luffy does the Luffy thing and unleashes a gatling gun variant of the schmega fist? We see the punch constantly going into things via rubberization, right?
What if Luffy hits Kaido- into wano, wano RUBBERIZES (or at least a good bit of it does) and ricochets Kaido after the impact. He wouldn't lose the FIGHT- but he'd lose the war. Also I realized while writing it, this might be an excuse for Kaido to get bfr'd to the moon and bring Enel back kek

I mean, I also want to see Zoro and Hiyori bang, but that's just wishful thinking
Hol up
ultraman-ace-ultraman-meme.gif

I never understand ppl wanting this arc to end quickly so bad. It’s already the longest arc by far, and y’all want the ending to be rushed? it’s the most optimal way to make a failure out of this arc, and make all the time Oda invested in it give no positive returns at all.

I say this because if Oda ends this arc the way many fans want it (I’m tired of this arc, just get it over with, i just want to get to Elbaf, blablablah) ppl are gonna complain like there is no tomorrow in the future.

But I know Oda does his own thing, So I’m sure he’ll do what is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back