• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1048: "Twenty Years" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about if it was carved out of bedrock?

Yes, let's all stop thinking that Kaido has an evil is cool wibe please. He is just a ruthless tyrannical mass-murdering misanthropic psychopath. He isn't cool at all, and he represents plenty of people throughout history who have been extremely similar. (And yes, I am ashamed that I used to have a similar unthinking attitude towards Dormammu, simply because of a good design and lots of power.)

Like is said earlier, I want Luffy to skip the whole "no killing" thing this time. I really despise Kaido's type of person.
To be fair, there are countless Complete Monster villains who have an evil is cool vibe despite being as bad or even worse than Kaido, like Frieza and Doflamingo. It's inevitable.

But yeah, I also hope Luffy abandons his no kill code, although knowing Oda I doubt it since he doesn't seem to want to let any Straw Hats kill people who clearly deserve it.

I actually think that Kaido seems worse than even Doflamingo.

Kaido is the coolest guy
~ Boofy 😎
Heh. Yes, that Naruto moment didn't make sense to me either. However, at least Obito wanted to help the world in his own very deluded manner, whereas Kaido is a dystopia justifies the means type of extremely brutal tyrant.

Kaido certainly adopts a “might makes right” type philosophy, but Orochi is definitely the stereotypical villainous ruler type. Kaido is more so trying to gain power through any means to achieve his goal, in the vein of sacrificing others to reach an endpoint. And I enjoy how Oda gave us a glimpse into his psyche when Kaido talked about how only Haki can transcend everything specifically referencing Roger’s immense influence and power. To which clearly left a mark on Kaido as he witnessed Roger dethrone Rocks, and after witnessing his Captain’s fall Kaido likely felt that he needed to acquire that same awe-inspiring power he bore witness too. I’m sure we will get an actual Rocks pirates backstory, which will be neat cuz I’m curious how on the mark with Kaido I am.

Luffy did say "I'm sending you to hell" so maybe he actually is abandoning the no kill code for once.
or he just plans on ultra-mega decking Kaido to the core or some shit

Well, most of the MC from other series always saying "you're going to brazil hell" but none of them did that and only made the antagonist k.o'd af
I'mma be honest I don't think Luffy is killing this mf. I see it going two ways:
Luffy ko's Kaido. Plain and simple.
Luffy hits Kaido to the ground, the ground stretches down and pushes wano back to sea level with it (thus opening the borders) and Kaido bounces off the ground so high he either goes to orbit (or the moon because Enel hasn't suffered enough) or ends up on another section of the world

Here's an idea to think about-
If Luffy awakens an enemy and stretches their arm hundreds of meters or just far beyond its regular size, then un-awakens said enemy (while holding their arm)-- would their arm just tear off, or would they literally snap back towards Luffy and to regular size again

A move where he literally sends you to god, cuz you'll get to see Enel on the moon-
Luffy hits Kaido to the ground, the ground stretches down and pushes wano back to sea level with it (thus opening the borders) and Kaido bounces off the ground so high he either goes to orbit (or the moon because Enel hasn't suffered enough) or ends up on another section of the world
Oh you know what's the thing that crossed my mind earlier?
Gear 5 Luffy turn Kaidou into a ultimate pinball
silly-pin-ball.gif

Luffy saying he was sending Kaido to hell was nice, but I doubt Oda will actually let Luffy kill Kaido. I'm really wondering how Oda's going to handle Kaido's defeat, because if he's just going to have Luffy KO Kaido with a really strong punch, then why comment that fans wouldn't be satisfied seeing Kaido be defeated just because Luffy's punches got stronger?

He did have a mini-flashback about Ryuou so maybe that's the "AHA" from Oda. It's not just a gigantic god-punch
It's a gigantic RYUOU INFUSED god-punch

Luffy saying he was sending Kaido to hell was nice, but I doubt Oda will actually let Luffy kill Kaido. I'm really wondering how Oda's going to handle Kaido's defeat, because if he's just going to have Luffy KO Kaido with a really strong punch, then why comment that fans wouldn't be satisfied seeing Kaido be defeated just because Luffy's punches got stronger?
Maybe Luffy pulls a Bugs Bunny on Kaido. In 1 of the movies Bugs hits Yosemite Sam hard enough to straight up sent him in the Hell Dimension without even killing him. So Oda hits 3 birds with 1 swift strike: Luffy stays true to his moral, Kaido gets real punishment & we learn more about the OP Underworld.

Maybe Luffy pulls a Bugs Bunny on Kaido. In 1 of the movies Bugs hits Yosemite Sam hard enough to straight up sent him in the Hell Dimension without even killing him. So Oda hits 3 birds with 1 swift strike: Luffy stays true to his moral, Kaido gets real punishment & we learn more about the OP Underworld.
And that's where he sees Zoro fighting death to come back and we get a spin-off of the two teaming up to pop back on earth, but only continue to get lost further because Kaido thinks Zoro's a navigator and Zoro never bothered to say otherwise

And that's where he sees Zoro fighting death to come back and we get a spin-off of the two teaming up to pop back on earth, but only continue to get lost further because Kaido thinks Zoro's a navigator and Zoro never bothered to say otherwise
That kinda reminds me of the Ban + Meliodas Purgatory adventures

So I noticed that there is a fifth panel with just a sword being unsheathed alongside the panels where the four Daimyos of Wano are shown ... Does anyone know if the sword shown is one we have been introduced to? Because the panel in question seems very out-of-place

Last edited:
Just like Wolverine cheating Death. But after some time they get banned from Hell for causing too much colateral damage, can't get accepted in Heaven cause they're goons & drive charon/the reaper insane with their lack of directions in purgatory. In the end they get kicked out of the Afterlife entirely earning Zoro the title of Lord of the Underworld & Kaido his infamous immortality.

It’s not just a strong punch, it has Ryuo, meaning durability negation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back