• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1048: "Twenty Years" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, I seriously doubt that horn would be big enough for it to be that good of a feat.
As far as I remember, when Zoro cut off the other horn it was calc'd to be around high Mountain level AP, so melting it off should be at least a few orders of magnitude higher

I really hope that Luffy will not get permanently crippled in the same manner as Shanks due to striking Kaido.

I really hope that Luffy will not get permanently crippled in the same manner as Shanks due to striking Kaido.
It's debatable how much Shanks was actually impacted by losing his arm. Losing body parts doesn't seem to be a major impediment in One Piece: Shiki intentionally cut off his feet but he can fly anyway, Aokiji lost a leg but he can just use his DF ability to compensate, similar for Perospero, Crocodile lost his hand but he got a cool hook with poison and Kyros beat Diamante while being one-legged

PS: Ignoring all the stupid fan theories, it does look like Zoro got permanently crippled by losing an eye as well during the time-skip

It's debatable how much Shanks was actually impacted by losing his arm. Losing body parts doesn't seem to be a major impediment in One Piece: Shiki intentionally cut off his feet but he can fly anyway, Aokiji lost a leg but he can just use his DF ability to compensate, similar for Perospero, Crocodile lost his hand but he got a cool hook with poison and Kyros beat Diamante while being one-legged

PS: Ignoring all the stupid fan theories, it does look like Zoro got permanently crippled by losing an eye as well during the time-skip
Pretty sure there was some japanese guide or magazine saying that Shanks' battle power remained even after losing his arm(imo he trained double as hard off screen to compensate)

Guess Zoro wasn't as lucky as Rayleigh. I wander when are we going to see a pirate with an eye patch?

He can probably punch through it via armament, I think. He's dealt with high heat before.
It'd be sick if he does lose an arm but the liquid rubber theory comes around and he just regrows it

Believe in the dragon that believes in you
I'll never get tired of referencing that quote
Kaidou be like:
images

Susanoo dragon Kaido looks longer than the entirety of Ongashima too. You can see him curled in the last clash (like, his body is in multiple circles) and he looks bigger than the dome even then
The head is almost as big as Oni.God Punch looks like a ant

The blast/dome at the end of the clash suggests next chapter is gonna be a second heaven splitter clash, but on the Roger/WB level where it was more or less a dome type clash.

Kaido DF doesn't awakening yet? Kaido already showing his great stamina, strenght and recovery from whatever damage he took on the battle like what Crocodile said at Impeldown

I know I've been crapping on this fight, but Oda keeps redeeming himself like every other chapter.

Gotta love and hate it.

Honestly, the only thing this arc is missing is some more action from the Big Mom Pirates other than Perospero.

Because Smoothie really should've joined the fight.

Also I really wanted Katakuri to get the scaling he deserves

Goda would transcend the heavens if he decided to do that at this point in time
What do you mean? I don't want Luffy to be permanently crippled during the rest of this story.

As far as I understand, Shanks is not as strong as Mihawk anymore and Shiki was weakened to an extreme degree.

This just turned into a dic measuring contest, and well.

Kaido hung like a horse.

Also Ace is rolling in his grave rn.
You realise that Kaido is a mass-murdering tyrannical misanthropic genocidal psychopath, right?

You realise that Kaido is a mass-murdering tyrannical misanthropic genocidal psychopath, right?
That's-- got not much to do with the clash in terms of powers and showings?
Kaido is performing like a god. What kinda person he is really has nothing to do with it (from a purely power-based view)

You can appreciate how strong and immovable he is without liking his ideals. Similiar to Dio, Aizen and Madara all being maniacs but having a lot of showings that are constantly talked about (ie, madara soloing the alliance, Aizen soloing the captains- Dio's everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back