• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1001: "Onigashima's Decisive Monster Battle" (Official Release)

Resistant, not immune. Prometheus and Zeus can't even be hurt by Haki. They are resistant because they are made of stronger soul matter
So why would Brook be able to harm him w/ the soul hax if they're already super immune to it?

If anything, he either froze his sword and hit him, or a weird plot point

So why would Brook be able to harm him w/ the soul hax if they're already super immune to it?
He could barely hurt them, on the contrary the chess pieces (with weaker souls) couldn't even stand up to him. Hence the difference between immune and resistant. Big Mom even flat out says that the reason Brook can't beat them is because they are stronger soul fragments (her own)

I fail to understand why Hax would be the explanation for a wound with a foot sized bandage
Let's see :
1. The infamous Cartoonish embellishment of the Whole Cake Island Arc
2. What else other than soul hax from a character that clearly has soul hax could be the explanation to an injury caused to a sentient flame given life with a soul fragment that is impossible to hurt by any other means in One Piece canon ?

So Ace just doesn't have AP?
Ace has destruction feats more than just burning people up

His dura and AP is one and the same, since he literally attacks with himself.
This doesn't mean his AP and Dura are the same, Sanji also attacks with himself but his dura is lower than his AP, and i don't understand how a sentient fire would have durability in the first place, since he isn't even solid to tank an attack.

Seems Killer and Zoro did indeed damage Kaido:
  • We see from Kaido the sfx ズキン; which means throbbing specifically in pain (wonder why the english scans removed this from the chapter 🤔)
  • We see when Zoro cut Kaido the sfx ドシュ; which means cutting and giving a wound (we've seen this before used many times before when Zoro has cut into people), so i suppose that was blood coming out of Kaido, although clearly this isn't enough and is probably just comparable to what the scabbards unleashed.
  • We can be sure Kaido was indeed hurt by his response "Well done", considering he was filled with disappointment in the Act 1 fight when Luffy failed to harm him.
Looking forward to seeing what the supernova can do at full power.

Honestly id say Zoro did less damage than the Scabbards did cause we see Kaidos neck where he was “cut” and its not even bleeding, seems Zoro did harm Kaido but it was little and meant nothing in the battle.

Now I do think Zoro will legitimately cut Kaido later causing legit damage, although the way Oda is handling this is weird cause people can “cut and harm” Kaido but they arnt really “cutting or harming” Kaido its weird, id rather Kaido just not be hurt at all when not “actually” hurt cause its confusing as hell especially since Kaido was built up as Invincible although I guess it was more unkillable but we got all that stuff about how nothing the Marines or other Yonko tried actually pierced his skin.

Honestly id say Zoro did less damage than the Scabbards did cause we see Kaidos neck where he was “cut” and its not even bleeding, seems Zoro did harm Kaido but it was little and meant nothing in the battle.
Zoro didn't cut the neck though, the onigiri since chapter 1 has always been a body blow (and as we saw he's coming from Kaido's body)

The neck imprint is from Killer, since his attack name is literally "decapitation claw" and to decapitate you need to aim for the neck.

Ok (Tho Zoros slash looks like its pretty high but that could be the angle or its Killers) but we see Kaido’s body like instantly after that attack and not only is he not bleeding you dont even see any markings at all.

Ok (Tho Zoros slash looks like its pretty high but that could be the angle or its Killers) but we see Kaido’s body like instantly after that attack and not only is he not bleeding you dont even see any markings at all.
Not claiming he opened his scar or cut him deeply (since so far no one but the combined Scabbards paradise totsuka has done deep damage that lasts), just that he did cut him and hurt him, not a crazy amount but no different than the amount the Scabbards did.

Fair, im not saying there wasnt any damage just that it was minimal and comparable if not maybe a little weaker than the Scabbards (Kaido doesnt have his PTSD currently).

I dont really want either of them to be defeated just yet

The Yonko are probably about to lose cause of Luffy and Zoros super growth in the middle of a fight so while its better then via nerfs its still iffy for me.

Now before anyone gets on me my issue isnt the fact that they will grow in the fight, no thats obviously gonna happen and is of course needed, overall I have no issue with it and will likely end up enjoying it. Its just the growth they are about to experience is gonna be pretty massive as right now there is a very clear difference between the 5 of them and a non serious Yonko.

Is there a general discussion thread for One Piece and if so, can somebody link me it please? Couldn't find one.

I doubt Big Mom is going to lose in Wano
Agreed. Her defeat needs to come in Elbaf, for obvious reasons including her being humiliated one final time by Luffy (Who will acquire the favor of the Giants where she failed miserably).

I originally didn't like the idea of Kaido being killed off in this arc, but it's starting to feel right. I just hope he doesn't go down without doing something memorable (The inevitable death of Law, and honestly--take Kid and/or Killer down with him).

Agreed. Her defeat needs to come in Elbaf, for obvious reasons including her being humiliated one final time by Luffy (Who will acquire the favor of the Giants where she failed miserably).
I'm guessing Elbaf will be Usopp's arc considering he's always had a really good rapport with giants

I do agree that I dont think BM dies, I will say tho im still not 100% certain Mama wont play a part in Kaido being defeated/dying

The idea the Supernova can currently 5v2 Yonko right now seems incredibly unlikely to me. Big Mom and Kaido's alliance seems a little unstable given their last conversation, so it wouldn't be surprising if Big Mom turns on Kaido the moment she realizes he can be killed and can 1vX the remaining fighters.

I'm also getting vibes that Robin is going to be kidnapped by Big Mom's forces since the Poneglyphs are of such high importance in this stage.

Oh yeah.

No to power mimicry.

Zoro had all of Whole Cake Island arc to learn Kitsunebi-ryu.

The idea the Supernova can currently 5v2 Yonko right now seems incredibly unlikely to me. Big Mom and Kaido's alliance seems a little unstable given their last conversation, so it wouldn't be surprising if Big Mom turns on Kaido the moment she realizes he can be killed and can 1vX the remaining fighters.

I'm also getting vibes that Robin is going to be kidnapped by Big Mom's forces since the Poneglyphs are of such high importance in this stage.
Atm the Supernova’s are struggling to compete in a 1v5 against a non serious Yonko so the idea of them winning a 2v5 especially if either ir bith get serious should be absolutely thrown out the window.

Atm the Supernova’s are struggling to compete in a 1v5 against a non serious Yonko so the idea of them winning a 2v5 especially if either ir bith get serious should be absolutely thrown out the window.
The Supernova haven't really gotten serious either tbf, we know Luffy can now throw out King Kong Guns without the major drawbacks, we know Law still has the Gama Knife, we know Zoro still has haki & Santoryu Ogi (Asura as well). I'd hope Killer and Kid hadn't shown their best already.

If the Supernova use good teamwork I can see them bringing them down, Zoro with his foxfire style now counters two of the Yonko's major attacks (Prometheus and Boro Breath), Law with his room could easily keep switching people out to prevent damage and if Kid was smart he could use his magnetism to mess with Napoleon or Kaido's Kanabo.

We havnt seen either Yonko get serious and we’ve yet to see anyone even harm Mama.

All them them preforming perfect team with and going absolutely all out I can see them bring down one but not two.

Ill say this about Zoro as well, we’ll likely see some draw backs from Enma either towards the end of this fight or after this fight, with hiw much power it’s forcefully drawing out and will draw out it cant be good fir the body.

Last edited:
I mean we don't know none of the Scabbards died or wont die, we only really say one of them. Also we all know Oda is more than willing to kill off someone like Law so while I dont think he will I wont say it wont happen.

It would definetly raise the stakes even more, I feel like people should die when you are fighting a Yonko.

Kaido didn't kill the Scabbards even tho he literally said he would kill them, i doubt anyone will die now.
Didn't he want to ask them something (probably about Oden's logbook not realizing Yamato had it the whole time), but the end of the chapter definitely seems to imply he's planning on killing the supernova.

The 5 of them can't defeat Kaido and Big Mom, Yamato and Hawkins will for sure play a role in the yonkos' defeat.
Just wait and see.

I very much believe we will get a Stampede like battle, where a bunch of characters work together to defeat Kaido where Luffy is the most integral and gets to deal the final blow in a 1v1 against a weakened Kaido

Back