• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1001: "Onigashima's Decisive Monster Battle" (Official Release)

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Link to the chapter: Viz, Mangaplus

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread, also try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
1610546438.jpg

What is this picture💀💀💀💀

This new attack of Zoro is Power Mimicry? Since he is basically copying Kinemon style without showing his own training.
Should be, I think it's literally the same name so yeah he should get power mimicry & whatever Kin'emon has on his profile that says he can cut fire.

From what I can tell the shadows behind Luffy represent the people who could fight Kaido.

What this could mean is those shadows are stronger than Kaido or are people who possessed internal Ryou, I'm going to assume it's people stronger than Kaido though.

Also I believe this is only for people Kaido has fought since the likes of Garp and Shikki are not included.

They are from people who can hurt Kaido, it seems, since Oden is there and he doesn't have the Advanced Haki.

Never was said that they were using the internal damage Haki that not even Hyogoro could know how to use. Also, Oden did not show knowledge about the Haki that Roger and Whitebeard wore.

https://****************.com/manga/one-piece-chapter-1001/

Aye lets ******* go that was hype, we got confirmation that Kaido likes to “play with his food” and allow them to hit him, Kaido is fast as **** boi (Since even with future sight Luffy struggled to dodge him) and he tanked all 5 of their attacks.

Also for the Shadows I think those are people Kaido has battled and he is admitting can fight him or even defeat him.

Oh gosh where to start.

Very enjoyable chapter this week. We get confirmation Luffy DID damage Kaido so we can put that to rest. Better still Kaido lists the four strongest characters in the verse and the only ones which can really damage him under normal circumstances:

Rocks
Roger
Whitebeard (Young)
Oden

Yes, that means Oden is in fact in the same league as those three and Kaido himself obviously. It is a good list and the only one that really wasn't a shoe in was Whitebeard. It is worth noting Kaido doesn't consider these guys stronger than him. Only that they are the only ones strong enough to fight him. Now we can put to bed the idea that Oden is weaker than the likes of Mihawk, Ray, etc.

Prometheus get's a new attack and Zoro fans get their wish of seeing him cut fire. I wasn't sure it would happen given he side stepped King but I am glad it did for everyone's favorite swordsman.

Kidd gets a new attack as well and visually it looks nice. Not much else to say about that. The real treat there was seeing the interaction between Law, Kidd, and Luffy. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Law get angry over the idea of being Luffy's lackeyand the foolish bickering between the three was fun to read. . . . Though I still won't use it to suggest they are equals anytime soon.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Worth noting going forward that Kaido is happy with his opponents developmet. He enjoys a good fight and the potential of being hurt. This is nothing new of course. kaido's MO is always to let himself get hit while taking it easy so he can enjoy himself, test talent, and give himself a chance to die, and crush spirits. Big Mom acknowledges this behavior in saying he is "playing with his food" so outside of Luffy's durability negation I wouldn't scale anyone to him just yet.

Overall I give this chapter 9/10. :)

Oops, I missed Shanks. In that caae Rocks, Prime Roger, Prime Whitebeard, Kaido, Oden, Shanks.

Now we can put to bed the idea that Oden is weaker than the likes of Mihawk, Ray, etc.
Except Kaido didn't include the likes of Garp, Sengoku or Shikki in his comparison, all characters who have statements of being equal to Roger.

No they're not.
Databook Blue Deep literally states Shikki as equals with Roger and Whitebeard. Garp has his feats and statements against Roger. Sengoku is treated as an equal to Garp when they fought Shikki.

Ultimately they are equals or at the very least in the same same league as those mentiond by Kaido but didn't appear, meaning it's not conclusive that those Kaido envisioned are stronger than anyone else he didn't envision.

Databook Blue Deep literally states Shikki as equals with Roger and Whitebeard
IIRC something only said they were the biggest pirates along with linlin at the time. Do not recall anything saying they were equal.

Garp has his feats and statements against Roger.
I'm pretty sure the word "equal" was never used and this has been brought up in Whitebeard VS Garp threads many times over the years.
Sengoku is treated as an equal to Garp when they fought Shikki.
He helped, but don't pretend he was equal. This goes against your thesis btw since it took both Garp and SenGoku to take down their "equal".

At best it might work out something like this:

Kaido-100
Rocks-95
Roger-90
Whitebeard-80
Oden-75
Shanks-65
Shiki- 60
Garp-45
SenGoku-35

IIRC soemthign only said they were the biggest pirates along with linlin at the time. Do not recall anything saying they were equal.
Nah it said they were equals
I'm pretty sure the word "equal" was never used and this has been brought up in Whitebeard VS Garp threads many times over the years.
Whitebeard was the equal of Roger since he fought him and the same applies to Garp, Roger even says they've both been fighting for years thus equals.
He helped, but don't pretend he was equal. This goes against your thesis btw since it took both Garp and SenGoku to take down their "equal"
They did so to defeat him quickly and prevent further damage to marineford.

End of the day this can't really be used as proof that Kaido is over these people nor can it be used as proof against characters who aren't listed, for one we literally don't know if they fought Kaido so he wouldn't have a way of knowing & Kaido's speech doesn't imply he's stronger than them

@KingTempest Thanks for the Source. I haven't seen that particular translation on that particular source before so I will have to cross check it with others translatiosn and the raws when I have time.

@Eminiteable Regardless Kaido has fought pretty much everyone including Garp and the Marines so he knows who the strongest are and clearly shows those 5 above and beyond to some degree.

It seems to have been missed, but Luffy got hit by the Thunder Bagua and stayed conscious, which would mean his current base might be more durable than his Pre-Udon training Gear 4th durability.

Regardless Kaido has fought pretty much everyone including Garp and the Marines so he knows who the strongest are and clearly shows those 5 above and beyond to some degree.
I don't think we know that, we don't know if Kaido ever fought Shikki, Garp, Sengoku, Mihawk or Rayleigh and as such it can't be used against them to say they're definitively weaker.

The only thing it really does say is those listed are greater than Big Mom since we know he fought against her yet she wasn't included in the line-up.

Wtf guys? Being included in those shadows behind Luffy has no meaning to their strength, it does not mean they are weaker or stronger than Kaido or eachother, Oda simply choose those 5 of the around 10 god tiers of the verse to show Luffy's "new level", trying to use that to say they are stronger than the others really makes no sense and isn't what the scene was talking about.

He definitely should partially scale I think, but not fully since he did dodge it a little bit.
Pretty sure we don't do that since any value (half, 75%, 35%) would be completely arbitrary.

Luffy did his best to dodge and Linlin said Kaido was toying with his food, scaling base Luffy to that isn't viable so far and we should wait better feats.

Wtf guys? Being included in those shadows behind Luffy has no meaning to their strength, it does not mean they are weaker or stronger than Kaido or eachother, Oda simply choose those 5 of the around 10 god tiers of the verse to show Luffy's "new level", trying to use that to say they are stronger than the others really makes no sense and isn't what the scene was talking about.
I will say Kaido was at least confirming those people could beat him or at least fight him so thats useable tho I do agree that that likely isnt the “tier” list of god tiers by any means and simply Kaido talking about his experiences.

Also, Killer saying he wasn't at his peak during his fight with Zoro was really cool, afaik everyone in the fandom was like "Killer is so weak, he lost to 2 sword Zoro", but the guy was literally fighting without both his weapons and was using something iirc he didn't have any previous mastery.

I will say Kaido was at least confirming those people could beat him or at least fight him so thats useable tho I do agree that that likely isnt the “tier” list of god tiers by any means and simply Kaido talking about his experiences.
Pretty sure we already rank all those five as High 7A currently, so it is no different than all other times someone talked about the "pirates in the top of the world", so they can, just like we thought, fight eachother, to say the can definitely beat Kaido 10 in 10 is a massive leap.

This chapter was great, just a solid fight chapter, I love how it appears as if Luffy’s Regular Gears and Durability are on the level of his previous Gear 4th, that last panel of them all standing off against Kaido and Big Mom was great, I do hope Zoro gets to fight against Kaido for a bit, but I still want Zoro to fight King and Sanji to fight Queen, because if Zoro doesn’t end up defeating King, he won’t get a win of his own this arc if he just participates against Kaido

Back