• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1001: "Onigashima's Decisive Monster Battle" (Official Release)

Also, Killer saying he wasn't at his peak during his fight with Zoro was really cool, afaik everyone in the fandom was like "Killer is so weak, he lost to 2 sword Zoro", but the guy was literally fighting without both his weapons and was using something iirc he didn't have any previous mastery.
Selectively missing when Zoro says it wouldn't have made a difference . . . . .

And yes it does matter. There are only 6 God tiers as far as Kaido is concerned.

I do hope Zoro gets to fight against Kaido for a bit, but I still want Zoro to fight King and Sanji to fight Queen, because if Zoro doesn’t end up defeating King, he won’t get a win of his own this arc if he just participates against Kaido
Nah don't worry Zoro's getting a win this arc. But it ain't King.

Then who?
He already said who:
0997-011.png

0997-012.png

Last edited:
Imo Zoro will definitely hurt Kaido with Enma later in the fight but he wont defeat Kaido.

Im still of the mind set that honestly none of the 5 currently fighting Kaido should defeat him outside like Killer, I want someone from Wano or his Daughter to deal the last blow since they where effected by him much more.

power mimicry
"Limited power mimicry (Was able to copy Kin'emon fire-cutting style)" works perfectly for me, non-limited power mimicry would be for characters that have copied styles more frequently, have rules about what they can copy or can copy supernatural things.

Selectively missing when Zoro says it wouldn't have made a difference . . . . .

And yes it does matter. There are only 6 God tiers as far as Kaido is concerned.
Zoro with 3 swords would win, i didn't say he wouldn't, but Killer was literally in much more disadvantage than Zoro, so both at their peak would be a much better fight, and both did the same amount (0) of damage to Kaido, so i think it is good evidence that Killer isn't the fodder everyone thought.

There aren't much more than 6 (15 at most iirc) god tiers anyway and they all scale to eachother so what? Linlin was quite literally fighting Kaido, Garp was Roger's rival, Ray is Ray, Shiki is said to be a monster just like Roger and Newgate and none of them were included, Oda probably wanted to make it quick and epic, there is no reason to say these 5 are literally the strongest chracters of the verse or something like that

"Limited power mimicry (Was able to copy Kin'emon fire-cutting style)" works perfectly for me, non-limited power mimicry would be for characters that have copied styles more frequently, have rules about what they can copy or can copy supernatural things.

Zoro with 3 swords would win, i didn't say he wouldn't, but Killer was literally in much more disadvantage than Zoro, so both at their peak would be a much better fight, and both did the same amount (0) of damage to Kaido, so i think it is good evidence that Killer isn't the fodder everyone thought.

There aren't much more than 6 (15 at most iirc) god tiers anyway and they all scale to eachother so what? Linlin was quite literally fighting Kaido, Garp was Roger's rival, Ray is Ray, Shiki is said to be a monster just like Roger and Newgate and none of them were included, Oda probably wanted to make it quick and epic, there is no reason to say these 5 are literally the strongest chracters of the verse or something like that
Dont forget Rocks was there.

Actually it was Orochi who fed him the smile, so Kaido really didn't effect him all that much.
I mean the Smiles exist due to Kaido and I wouldnt be surprised if Kaido had a hand it it being fed to him, Kaido sure as hell put him in the place to be fed the Smile.

Hasn't Zoro been doing his own training and preparing the battle of Onigashima?

I'd say he'd have Power Mimicry (or rather, Technique Mimicry) if he copied it in the same span of time that he witnessed it, but if he just learnt how to do it on his own then mimicry doesn't seem right.

Hasn't Zoro been doing his own training and preparing the battle of Onigashima?

I'd say he'd have Power Mimicry (or rather, Technique Mimicry) if he copied it in the same span of time that he witnessed it, but if he just learnt how to do it on his own then mimicry doesn't seem right.
Suppose so.

Imo Zoro will definitely hurt Kaido with Enma later in the fight but he wont defeat Kaido.

Im still of the mind set that honestly none of the 5 currently fighting Kaido should defeat him outside like Killer, I want someone from Wano or his Daughter to deal the last blow since they where effected by him much more.
I want Luffy to do it, cause he’s the MC and having the MC beat the bad guy isn’t a bad thing despite what some people may say

Agreed, but to say he developed it off screen is an assumption, a good and valid one, but still an assumption, that's why i think Limited power mimicry still works and could be added.

And just to give my opinion, i don't want Kaido or Linlin to be defeated right now.

I want Luffy to do it, cause he’s the MC and having the MC beat the bad guy isn’t a bad thing despite what some people may say
I mean I love Luffy, hes my favourite character, I just think the emotional payoff for someone from Wano to deal the last blow would be greater.

Personally ive never had an issue with Luffy besting the main bad guy, its just this time thats how I feel.

But if it is Luffy who deals the last blow I wont be sad by any means.

And just to give my opinion, i don't want Kaido or Linlin to be defeated right now.
I do think some stuff will happen in this fight that we cant see yet and with how dominating Kaido is rn (Hes playing with his food and we havnt seen his Hybrid form yet) I think it will take a bit for Kaido to taste defeat.

And tbh I think Mama might play a part in Kaidos defeat, we’ve heard so much stuff about Pirates betraying each other and Mama just seems way to “helpful”/“nice” rn so I think she’s definitely planning some shit.

I think Kaido will be defeated in this arc, that's literally what Wano has been building up, Kaido's defeat, but I don't think Big Mom will, I feel like the Straw Hats need to go to Elbaf first before Big Mom is defeated, plus Luffy said he will defeat Big Mom after Kaido, so I believe that will hold true

"I mean I love Luffy, hes my favourite character, I just think the emotional payoff for someone from Wano to deal the last blow would be greater."

I mean I'd be fine if it's Luffy that defeats Kaido in battle and when Kaido is on the ground completely immobilized and defeated, that's when someone from Wano finishes him off, but honestly Luffy being the one to deal the final blow seems like what the story is building too, I mean Kinemon and everyone asking Luffy defeat Kaido for them feels like major setup

that's literally what Wano has been building up,
Wouldn't be the first time Oda builds something just to subvert it in the end, and Kaido's favorite island was not used in the main story since pre-timeskip, an island made mostly of metals, the perfect place to Kid and Kaido have their final fight.

I think Kaido will be defeated in this arc, that's literally what Wano has been building up, Kaido's defeat, but I don't think Big Mom will, I feel like the Straw Hats need to go to Elbaf first before Big Mom is defeated, plus Luffy said he will defeat Big Mom after Kaido, so I believe that will hold true

"I mean I love Luffy, hes my favourite character, I just think the emotional payoff for someone from Wano to deal the last blow would be greater."

I mean I'd be fine if it's Luffy that defeats Kaido in battle and when Kaido is on the ground completely immobilized and defeated, that's when someone from Wano finishes him off, but honestly Luffy being the one to deal the final blow seems like what the story is building too, I mean Kinemon and everyone asking Luffy defeat Kaido for them feels like major setup
Oh dont get me wrong I do think Kaido loses this arc im just saying I think we have a decent ways to go before to that, plus this is Oda and he loves to aubvert expectations.

I do see your point about Luffying being the one to defeat Kaido but ilk say I think he definitely gets some help with it.

@Eminiteable Regardless Kaido has fought pretty much everyone including Garp and the Marines so he knows who the strongest are and clearly shows those 5 above and beyond to some degree.
Where did you get that from? In Kaido's first appearance where says that he was captured does not say that he faced Garp or Akainu for example. Lol, Kaido still has wankers even after drawing with Big Mom without two homies and almost being killed by someone who was fodderized by Roger.

Kaido has far more downplayers than wankers

Kaido has fought or at least seen how powerful Garp is since he was there at God Valley but we simply dont know Kaidos interactions with other marines.

Also “drawing with Big Mom without two homies” at this point im dont think the homies would have made much difference if any tbh. Overall yeah I wouldnt use those 5 shadows as the top 5 or anything all that does is say that those five can fight and possibly (for some likely) defeat Kaido.

Also “drawing with Big Mom without two homies” at this point im dont think the homies would have made much difference if any tbh. Overall yeah I wouldnt use those 5 shadows as the top 5 or anything all that does is say that those five can fight and possibly (for some likely) defeat Kaido.
they would make a difference tbf, they should both be as strong as Napoleon and Napoleon in Mom's hands could clash equally with base Kaido.

failure to do anything is evidence Killer is not weak . . . ??? Yeah no. He's still trash

On the subject of Zoro maybe limited mimcry as it relates to sword styles? I don't think full mimicry makes sense as of yet.

they would make a difference tbf, they should both be as strong as Napoleon and Napoleon in Mom's hands could clash equally with base Kaido.
Eh I honestly dont think they would make that big of a difference, we’ve seen weaker characters then Kaido deal with them (To a point) and we legitimately dont know how serious those two got.

When an effort has clearly been made to show they are equals it seems like an assumption to say that with those Zeus and Prom “Mama > Kaido”

Also I know Mama hadnt gotten Zeus back yet but... wouldnt she have had access to Prometheus when she fought Kaido?

Last edited:
Anyway I think we can all at least agree that wasnt a Top 5 list by any means and it was simply serving as a kudos to Luffys growth and showing people who can fight/beat Kaido.

On a better and far more important note the scene was sick and I want that image/pic of Luffy with the shadows as a wallpaper.

image0.png

Last edited:
That pic is epic. I especially like how that is the best image we received of Rocks thus far.

But it is absolutely a measure of power :p there is no other way about it when Kaido says there are only 5 characters who can fight him.

Yes but no where in that scene does it specify there are only 5, hell theres no Mama in the Shadow and we know for a fact she can fight him.

"Handful" means literally fit in your hand or no more than five. It is a reference to number of fingers.

Then again, this isn’t really a revelation of any sorts. People already held Primebeard and Roger in a pedestal, and we have seen oden almost kill Kaido. The only thing that may be of news is that shanks very likely did in fact fight Kaido instead of just bribing him with alcohol. Xebec isn’t a surprise to be honest.

Since when does a handful equal 5? Ive seen it used to mean a small amount but never exactly 5.

Also that still doesnt explain why Mama isnt there or why Garp isnt since we know Garp fought many times with Roger and Kaido would have seen Garp battle at God Valley.

EDIT I looked it up and found some people say a handful of people is 5 but ive also seen others say different and nothing fully concrete.

Since always :S look it up. I ranked Prime Garp over Shanks too but there wasn't anything concrete about it and Kaido says otherwise. Here I did it for you.
I already said I looked it up (Hell I found that exact site and definition) and found some places say it was 5 but ive seen others say more, also it says “usually approximately” since when is that concrete?

Also even ignoring Garp we literally know BM and Kaido fought, we actually see it (Or part of it).

Im not saying those 5 arnt expected to make the list, of course those dudes make the list especially Rocks, Roger, WB and Oden but it just seems weird to see Rogers rival and someone we know fought Kaido to a draw not part of that list.

Last edited:
Back