• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I watched She-Hulk.

In my opinion, it's bad, like really bad, but not an absolute catastrophic shit like too many people say.

On the plus side, the actress is excellent and has fun at playing her part, like all the others, which is a serious plus. There are some good jokes, the 4th wall breaking is well-handled and the Wong episode was genuinely good. I also like that the series embraces the comedic and meta aspects, particulary in the last episode, and the show focusing on all the law problems related to non human people and super heroes helps to make the MCU feel more solid.

On the bad side, many jokes are not funny at all, the CGI are awful most of the time, the story (because yes, there is one) is badly done and many characters are at best meh and at worst burning-a-bag-of-cats-to-calm-down levels of annoying (and I'm talking about characters you're not supposed to dislike). The court part has potential but is not exploited enough and many cameos are wasted (Mr Immortal).

The finale perfectly sums everything up. They fully embrace the comics and that's really good but the writing itself is lazy and badly done.

Overall, I feel this is SW The Last Jedi all over again. One side treats it like the worst shit ever, wether because they're full blown sexist, because they're getting more and more tired of the lack of seriousness in super hero works or Disney being everywhere or simply because they genuinely think it's that bad, and voluntarily refuses to acknowledge the genuinely good aspects of the series and the other side massively overhypes it as if it was some genius work of fiction better than almost everything else, refuses to acknowledge the many genuine flaws the show has and calls you a hater or a sexist if you don't like it
Literally everything i wanted to say about this show

Jennifer doesn't feel like a good hero or lawyer

She only preforms three heroic actions over the course of nine episodes
1. Saving the jury from Titania throwing a bench at them (Nikki had to convince Jen to do it)
2. Jen helps Wong beat some demons (Wong had to get Jen in order for her to help him and she's only really there due to Wong being her client)
3. She saves Luke Jacobson from Leap Frog (She's there due to Eugene asking for help before Daredevil tells her that Eugene kidnaped Luke. She-Hulk gains benefits from helping Luke and also has ties to Eugene, since he's her client)

As a lawyer
1. Loses the court case from episode 1 (Her loss was due to having the jury, thus causing a potential bias with them, something she didn't realize until she was told. Jen claims that they had things in the bag, but the entire thing was mostly off-screen)
2. Jen gets Emil parole (This was a success)
3. Jen helps Wong with a cease and desist (Trial seemed to be at a standstill for the most part, Donny only agrees to the cease and desist after ******* up and getting threatened...Outside of court)
4. Jen gets shitstomped by Matt (Jen goes in to a legal battle after not doing basic ass research, causing her entire lawsuit to get thrown away)
5. Her own lawsuit against Todd (We don't see the results of it, as its only just starting. She'll most likely win though)

This is kind of a problem for a character that's promoted as a lawyer-superhero

Jennifer doesn't feel like a good hero or lawyer

She only preforms three heroic actions over the course of nine episodes
1. Saving the jury from Titania throwing a bench at them (Nikki had to convince Jen to do it)
2. Jen helps Wong beat some demons (Wong had to get Jen in order for her to help him and she's only really there due to Wong being her client)
3. She saves Luke Jacobson from Leap Frog (She's there due to Eugene asking for help before Daredevil tells her that Eugene kidnaped Luke. She-Hulk gains benefits from helping Luke and also has ties to Eugene, since he's her client)

As a lawyer
1. Loses the court case from episode 1 (Her loss was due to having the jury, thus causing a potential bias with them, something she didn't realize until she was told. Jen claims that they had things in the bag, but the entire thing was mostly off-screen)
2. Jen gets Emil parole (This was a success)
3. Jen helps Wong with a cease and desist (Trial seemed to be at a standstill for the most part, Donny only agrees to the cease and desist after ******* up and getting threatened...Outside of court)
4. Jen gets shitstomped by Matt (Jen goes in to a legal battle after not doing basic ass research, causing her entire lawsuit to get thrown away)
5. Her own lawsuit against Todd (We don't see the results of it, as its only just starting. She'll most likely win though)

This is kind of a problem for a character that's promoted as a lawyer-superhero
And all her consequences for losing her temper were just wiped away magically lol. I'd probably be more fine with the 4th wall breaking if she changed the story to an actual resolution of that.

The misogynists in She-Hulk are like the reverse of how poorly females were written by male-dominated writers in the past in Hollywood. Like who the **** acts like that.
K.E.V.I.N (fiege) wrote She-Hulk's plot according to analytics in canon so he's responsible for her comedically cartoony misogynists among many other horrors characters in the MCU went through

bsv9ippj4kd81.png

just noticed something guys

this would better in a CRT but iron man is missing something

Street level (Trained with Happy Hogan and could slightly stagger him with his strikes. Regularly practiced martial arts up until Endgame)

i see no martial arts on his base key. if it says he regularly practiced martial arts then martial arts should be in his base key but all i see is this

"Genius Intelligence, Stealth Mastery (Sneaked into Trevor Slattery's mansion. Stole all Infinity Stones from Thanos without the latter noticing), Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Superhuman Durability"

no martial arts

just noticed something guys

this would better in a CRT but iron man is missing something

Street level (Trained with Happy Hogan and could slightly stagger him with his strikes. Regularly practiced martial arts up until Endgame)

i see no martial arts on his base key. if it says he regularly practiced martial arts then martial arts should be in his base key but all i see is this

"Genius Intelligence, Stealth Mastery (Sneaked into Trevor Slattery's mansion. Stole all Infinity Stones from Thanos without the latter noticing), Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Superhuman Durability"

no martial arts
Weird, why isn’t that on there?

Yesterday and Today i had a dream about She-Hulk Season 1 Episode 10 and Season 2 Episode 1 (respectively)
They get progressively less related to She-Hulk as they go, S2E1 didn't even have She-Hulk!

I wonder how tall Abomination is? Because he seemed to be quite the good amount taller than Hulk who is like 8 ft or something. I’m guessing around 10 or 12 feet

are talking about this because it’s missing on his profile?
What i meant is that 10-12 feet would be type 0
Abominations current accepted size on the profile is 2.63 meters which is not enough to get him large size
I don't quite agree with that height tho, i remember trying to calc 2008 Hulk's height by scaling him to Emil and got a very similar result, which doesn't add up with Abomination being taller than hulk

Found some relevant stuff from The Incredible Hulk Production Notes article with VFX supervisor Kurt Williams.

“One of the big challenges on the movie was deciding the scale of the characters. Our challenge was to create a consistent size for The Hulk throughout the movie. We didn’t want him to grow. We didn’t want him to ebb or flow. We wanted him to be one size the whole time, so we picked 9’, because it would still allow him to relate to human beings and not be so big that he would be almost alien or unbelievable. It allows you to believe he’s really there, but you still have the ability for him to believably pick up a car and throw it and show other great feats of strength like slamming the ground and creating a giant chasm in the street.”

The Abomination in this film is 11’ tall, 2’ taller than The Hulk; a fact Williams says gives him “a significant advantage in our movie.” “One stride by The Abomination is 5’ to 10’, depending on if he’s running or not,” he says. “He can move up to 30 miles an hour pretty easily. We worked from the fact that The Abomination needed to have an advantage, especially in the third act, because the character arc is about heart. At the end of the movie, The Hulk comes back because of his heart…he’s got to save Betty.”

With Large Size type 0 apparently starting over 2.72 meters (8.92 feet), that should mean both Hulk and Abomination qualify for it.

Last edited:
Is there any VFX article about Ultron?
I haven't found anything like that mentioning heights, though for what it's worth, James Spader described Ultron as being eight feet tall, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson described Ultron as being treated as being roughly nine feet tall during filming.

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Size-Chart.jpeg

Also, this scale chart supposedly came from Hot Toys Collectibles listing Ultron as 8', though Hulk is listed as 8'5, making it seem its reliability seem iffy unless we assume he got smaller between movies (though I suppose the recasting and redesign of the character could have also led to a bit of scaling down between movies, though there isn't an in-universe explanation brought up). It is at least consistent with prior VFX statements of the Iron Man armor being 6'5 though.

Last edited:
Also, the physical animatronic model built of Iron Monger built for the first Iron Man movie was 10 feet tall:

Stan Winston Studios built the massive practical suit, which included a clamshell center hatch. “The Iron Monger suit is 10 feet tall and weighs approximately 800 pounds,” says Shane Mahan. “We developed and built it during the course of filming and used it to help bridge the character into the digital world of ILM and John Nelson. A gimbal was also built, which allowed us to push it and mimic the actions of the big torso walking.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back