• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extraordinary Genius Thanos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
Thanos was said by Josh Brolin to way more intelligent than anyone else in Avengers: Infinity War, which would put his intelligence above Tony Stark and Shuri because both of them appeared in the movie. This would grant him Extraordinary Genius, right?

And honestly, Idk why his current justifications only warrant Genius and don't warrant Extraordinary Genius. He figures out time travel and commands giant armies that destroy planets
Thanos is a cunning and ruthless individual with an intellect sharpened by centuries of experience. A brilliant strategist, commanding vast armies that have devastated countless worlds and destroyed empires across the galaxy, which earned him renown as one of the most fearsome warlords in the universe. An incredibly skilled combatant, who easily outmaneuvered heroes such as Thor, The Hulk, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Captain America, etc. during their confrontations, and who could quickly and intuitively learn and master how to wield the Infinity Stones. Found a way to time travel from 2014 to 2023 after obtaining Pym Particles. A master manipulator and an incredibly charismatic man if there was ever one

Last edited:
Josh Brolin is just the actor though?
I guess? But last time I brought this up, it wasn't really contested, and I don't see why Thanos doesn't have Extraordinary Genius with his current Intelligence justifications
Thanos is a cunning and ruthless individual with an intellect sharpened by centuries of experience. A brilliant strategist, commanding vast armies that have devastated countless worlds and destroyed empires across the galaxy, which earned him renown as one of the most fearsome warlords in the universe. An incredibly skilled combatant, who easily outmaneuvered heroes such as Thor, The Hulk, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Captain America, etc. during their confrontations, and who could quickly and intuitively learn and master how to wield the Infinity Stones. Found a way to time travel from 2014 to 2023 after obtaining Pym Particles. A master manipulator and an incredibly charismatic man if there was ever one

Do we know if Thanos was the one who figured out time travel himself? Or not one of his minions.
Well, I found this, which says Thanos and Ebony Maw together reverse engineered and mass produced Pym Particles to time travel
Thanos may have got his hands on Nebula's Pym Particles, but how did the Mad Titan figure out how to use them and then transport both himself and his entire army into the future?

"There is a guy called Maw in his army, he was a great wizard. Thanos himself was a brilliant genius as well. Those two easily reverse engineered and mass produced Pym Particles."

It's backed up by a statement from Joe Russo, and he should be well aware about the info of the character he's playing?
Referring to the statement from Josh Brolin solely, idc about the rest or even the CRT for that matter

Statements from actors absolutely aren't fine, it's just their opinion and they have no overall control over whatever it is they're portraying, if we allow statements from actors then we should also allow statements from voice actors for games and anime.

Referring to the statement from Josh Brolin solely, idc about the rest or even the CRT for that matter

Statements from actors absolutely aren't fine, it's just their opinion and they have no overall control over whatever it is they're portraying, if we allow statements from actors then we should also allow statements from voice actors for games and anime.
I mean that's fine just don't have josh's statement be the sole reason for this rating just have it either not present or as a supporting statement from Joe Russo more legit one which then doesn't do any harm

I mean that's fine just don't have josh's statement be the sole reason for this rating just have it either not present or as a supporting statement from Joe Russo more legit one which then doesn't do any harm
The CRT itself is fine sure, don't have any problem with Thanos having Extraordinary Genius for his intelligence

But I just don't think statements from actors should be taken as evidence at all, not even supporting evidence, listing Thanos's intelligence feats and the statement from Joe Russo who actually has the authority and power to make statements like that should be enough to give him Extraordinary Genius

The CRT itself is fine sure, don't have any problem with Thanos having Extraordinary Genius for his intelligence

But I just don't think statements from actors should be taken as evidence at all, not even supporting evidence, listing Thanos's intelligence feats and the statement from Joe Russo who actually has the authority and power to make statements like that should be enough to give him Extraordinary Genius
Yeah I understand lol you're all good, I think that's fine too just dropping Josh's statemenr for Joe's entirely

Ok then.

Thanos should be extraor genius
as in his intel said
known the ways of time travel by
study Pym particles is more amazed
than even Maw who also
Extraor genius himself.
This warranted as extraor genius actually.

Thanos should be extraor genius
as in his intel said
known the ways of time travel by
study Pym particles is more amazed
than even Maw who also
Extraor genius himself.
This warranted as extraor genius actually.

So is it fine to apply this yet? If so, Thanos' page needs to be unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back