• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to me personally, the show was okay, but I hated that ending. But a little hot take, I got to say this has got to be one of the worst endings I've ever seen in a show for a long time imo

Last edited:
I hated how she completely changed up everything, we could've gotten that epic final battle with Abomination and that HulkKing guy who made that website.
The fight would have been dumb and cliched, fair enough, but we don't get to see the new resolution she changed to? Suddenly she's just cleared of all charges and the Intellegencia dudes just give up.

Deliberately making lazy writing and then calling it out for being lazy writing is, well, lazy writing in and of itself and the most stupid type of meta-commentary.

And if it was a thing in the middle of the season where she breaks the 4th wall and course-corrects, or just a casual comment like in Deadpool 2, it might be kinda fun but to have that as the resolution to your story, to be basically like "lol yeah our season was shit **** it" is deeply unsatisfying.

The fight would have been dumb and cliched, fair enough, but we don't get to see the new resolution she changed to? Suddenly she's just cleared of all charges and the Intellegencia dudes just give up.

Deliberately making lazy writing and then calling it out for being lazy writing is, well, lazy writing in and of itself and the most stupid type of meta-commentary.

And if it was a thing in the middle of the season where she breaks the 4th wall and course-corrects, or just a casual comment like in Deadpool 2, it might be kinda fun but to have that as the resolution to your story, to be basically like "lol yeah our season was shit **** it" is deeply unsatisfying.
The point is, she just does all of that out of nowhere and her own problems disappear without her going through them

The point is, she just does all of that out of nowhere and her own problems disappear without her going through them
Hell, especially the fact that we didn't even get to see her understand the consequences for her own powers which people started fearing her back in episode 8

She-hulk removing King Hulk's power because it "came out of nowhere" was also beyond stupid due this whole subplot about her stolen blood and King's influence since the beginning of the series.

Which is particularly ironic considering that she removed it thanks to a literal deus ex machina that barely got hinted in the series, don't tell me that shit that her 4rth wall moments implied anything of that capacity.

Agreed, this gets too much hate. And I’ve gotten sick of people saying that this and a few other MCU movies lately are leading to the “downfall of the MCU”
Agree whole heartedly. People don’t have to like it and can feel however they want but they do be getting MASSIVELY carried away with their “opinions”. People have to understand that most others don’t always agree with their takes. “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure”. 🤷‍♂️
Same here, like i know the show is bad, but i'm not going to tribalism over it and making the others comic adaptation franchise like the boys and DC being the savior like an dumbass elitist

Which is why i'm glad folks here are not like that....except @sanicspood

Okay so I watched She-Hulk.

In my opinion, it's bad, like really bad, but not an absolute catastrophic shit like too many people say.

On the plus side, the actress is excellent and has fun at playing her part, like all the others, which is a serious plus. There are some good jokes, the 4th wall breaking is well-handled and the Wong episode was genuinely good. I also like that the series embraces the comedic and meta aspects, particulary in the last episode, and the show focusing on all the law problems related to non human people and super heroes helps to make the MCU feel more solid.

On the bad side, many jokes are not funny at all, the CGI are awful most of the time, the story (because yes, there is one) is badly done and many characters are at best meh and at worst burning-a-bag-of-cats-to-calm-down levels of annoying (and I'm talking about characters you're not supposed to dislike). The court part has potential but is not exploited enough and many cameos are wasted (Mr Immortal).

The finale perfectly sums everything up. They fully embrace the comics and that's really good but the writing itself is lazy and badly done.

Overall, I feel this is SW The Last Jedi all over again. One side treats it like the worst shit ever, wether because they're full blown sexist, because they're getting more and more tired of the lack of seriousness in super hero works or Disney being everywhere or simply because they genuinely think it's that bad, and voluntarily refuses to acknowledge the genuinely good aspects of the series and the other side massively overhypes it as if it was some genius work of fiction better than almost everything else, refuses to acknowledge the many genuine flaws the show has and calls you a hater or a sexist if you don't like it

Also, the villains are all shit. And no, saying they were made unlikable on purpose to make us hate misogynists isn't a valid excuse, there are tons of villains who imitate real life jerks and made to be unlikable and there are still very good villains, like Jeoffrey Baratheon. Titania is the closest we get to a good villain here and even then it's very not much. Villains from Riverdale are absolutely ridiculous and badly used and they're NOT supposed to be like that, yet they're better than what we got here

Overall, I feel this is SW The Last Jedi all over again. One side treats it like the worst shit ever, wether because they're full blown sexist, because they're getting more and more tired of the lack of seriousness in super hero works or Disney being everywhere or simply because they genuinely think it's that bad, and voluntarily refuses to acknowledge the genuinely good aspects of the series and the other side massively overhypes it as if it was some genius work of fiction better than almost everything else, refuses to acknowledge the many genuine flaws the show has and calls you a hater or a sexist if you don't like it
Even though Rian Johnson was, in my opinion unpleasantly, mocking and beefing with the haters of The Last Jedi after the fact, I do believe he genuinely believed in his creative vision for the movie and did not intend for it to be hated by so many people. A lot of recent content are literally counting on it being divisive, pre-emptively calling out people for being "ists" and haters years before the show actually releases in writing as a marketing strategy.

It's bound to be a self-fulfilling prophecy because unfortunately there are sexists and racists out there on the Internet. Whether intentionally or unintentionally they are baiting their followers into calling everyone who don't like these products flawed in character rather than taste. Which is why historically big content creators don't "punch down" and starting beef with haters is beneath them, as their followers will do what they do in excess.

And honestly I think these corporations are completely aware of what they're doing, there's been this toxic positivity for a lot of these big franchises as a direct result of the toxic negativity a few years back, and these big companies know that they'll get publicity by intentionally making divisive content, and no publicity is bad publicity. And I don't see this stopping anytime soon because it makes them the bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back