• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think future seasons of She-Hulk should build to one big case for the Finaleā€™s and have at least 2-3 other smaller cases throughout the season. As with Hawkeye, She-Hulk had ALL the elements to be great but the overall ā€œwritingā€ tanked what could have beenā€¦

I think future seasons of She-Hulk should build to one big case for the Finaleā€™s and have at least 2-3 other smaller cases throughout the season. As with Hawkeye, She-Hulk had ALL the elements to be great but the overall ā€œwritingā€ tanked what could have beenā€¦
A superhero law series seems like such a great concept but they sure didn't execute it right.

She-Hulk is kind of the closest thing we'll get to a civilian perspective of the MCU (Unless they do a Damage Control special). Its kind of fun watching episode 3 and 4, seeing the wackiness of superhuman law. The show being reliant on cameos should be fine given that they're clients, I kind of want to see the legal troubles of random heroes in the MCU.

She-Hulk is kind of the closest thing we'll get to a civilian perspective of the MCU (Unless they do a Damage Control special). Its kind of fun watching episode 3 and 4, seeing the wackiness of superhuman law. The show being reliant on cameos should be fine given that they're clients, I kind of want to see the legal troubles of random heroes in the MCU.
Okay, hear me out: Squirrel Girl gets sued for using a park's squirrels in her hero activities.

With the She-Hulk series concluded and Phase 4 nearing its end, there's still seems to be a decent amount of stuff to get sorted out for the verse, such as:

Getting a calc for She-Hulk (assuming we're including a lower end in her tier and not just downscaling her from Hulk)

Putting together a CRT for a K.E.V.I.N. profile

Reaching a conclusion on whether or not High 6-A interdimensional travel directly scales to the AP of stuff like Sling Rings (which would also scale to the durability of Thanos)

Evaluating this Awakened Thor calc, as I haven't been able to find or be given an explanation for why this calc isn't being used in the several months since it was first brought to my attention.

Calcing Arthur Harrow's pillar feat.

Working out more Eternals stuff. Also, this newer Ikaris calc seems to have been accepted but the Ikaris page still uses the older one. Assuming the newer one is usable (going by the comments), considering it's both very high into Low 6-B+, and a casual feat that wasn't used offensively, I would assume thinker Eternals should be able to downscale lower into Low 6-B.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Evaluating this Awakened Thor calc, as I haven't been able to find or be given an explanation for why this calc isn't being used in the several months since it was first brought to my attention.
I redid the size of Nidavellir's main core, not sure how that affects the ring size tho, I'm not the best guy to do it honestly.

Working out more Eternals stuff. Also, this newer Ikaris calc seems to have been accepted but the Ikaris page still uses the older one. Assuming the newer one is usable (going by the comments), considering it's both very high into Low 6-B+, and a casual feat that wasn't used offensively, I would assume thinker Eternals should be able to downscale lower into Low 6-B.
Regarding this, since the feat was very casual and wasn't even used offensively plus the result (6.2736223709369021151 Teratons) is only Ɨ1.1157828103 away from 6-B (7 Teratons), Ikaris and the fighters should upscale to Country level, and the thinkers could downscale to baseline Low 6-B+ (4 Teratons)

Regarding this, since the feat was very casual and wasn't even used offensively plus the result (6.2736223709369021151 Teratons) is only Ɨ1.1157828103 away from 6-B (7 Teratons), Ikaris and the fighters should upscale to Country level, and the thinkers could downscale to baseline Low 6-B+ (4 Teratons)
Good news is, this calc will most likely not be affected by the Cloud Calculation Revisions at all, as the altitude I used falls within the 0-2500 m range where the old air density can still be used. It's only when you go higher than that is where the densities start to decrease.

MCU Supporters creating new Profiles and CRTs:
main-qimg-0b5d21ed09caf23ac9cd58bc93f4cefa

Sersi

I've got nothing for Speed and Lifting Strength

AP/SS: Able to pierce a Deviant's side with an weapon, but has not demonstrated any other instances of increased strength.

Durability: Sersi was unharmed and experiences no injuries after being knocked aside by the tail of a large Deviant, which sent her flying into a wooden building which is destroyed in the process.

Acrobatics(?): In an attempt to lure a Deviant away from Sprite and Dane Whitman, she jumped over a fence and scaled a wall with relative ease.

Stamina: During the emergence, able to run towards an active volcano for dozens of meters possibly more, with lava around her, not showing any sign of exhaustion from the immense heat around her and distance traveled.

Enhanced Senses: Sersi can react and dodge objects traveling at high speeds, much quicker than any normal human being. During an "earthquake," she quickly transformed a shield-like artifact into sand before it could harm one of her students, transformed the pavement into sand before Kro could attack her, and turned a bus into rose petals before it could land on civilians. Most impressively, she turned a volcanic rock hurdling towards her into a flock of birds.

Sersi

I've got nothing for Speed and Lifting Strength

AP/SS: Able to pierce a Deviant's side with an weapon, but has not demonstrated any other instances of increased strength.

Durability: Sersi was unharmed and experiences no injuries after being knocked aside by the tail of a large Deviant, which sent her flying into a wooden building which is destroyed in the process.

Acrobatics(?): In an attempt to lure a Deviant away from Sprite and Dane Whitman, she jumped over a fence and scaled a wall with relative ease.

Stamina: During the emergence, able to run towards an active volcano for dozens of meters possibly more, with lava around her, not showing any sign of exhaustion from the immense heat around her and distance traveled.

Enhanced Senses: Sersi can react and dodge objects traveling at high speeds, much quicker than any normal human being. During an "earthquake," she quickly transformed a shield-like artifact into sand before it could harm one of her students, transformed the pavement into sand before Kro could attack her, and turned a bus into rose petals before it could land on civilians. Most impressively, she turned a volcanic rock hurdling towards her into a flock of birds.
For durability, you could give the Thinker Eternals small country level due to Druig surviving Ikaris attempt to kill him. Phastos was also able to fight Ikaris and restrain him for a bit using his ability.

Druig

AP: Druig was able to hit Sprite over the head with a rock hard enough to knock her out.

Durability: Able to withstand the cosmic energy beams projected by Ikaris. Withstood Ikaris throwing him to the ground while projecting cosmic energy beams onto him, causing him to crash deep into the ground.

Acrobatics: Able to leap under a Deviant's tail with precision to grab a shotgun, and then jump over the Deviant, and use the shotgun to shoot it in the back of its head.

That's all I got

I took a break from the wiki some months ago, but I still hop in here from time to time and this caught my attention.
I suppose that the calculation was never applied because at the time it was deemed as an outlier, but with all the new calculations I don't see a reason to consider it as such anymore.
Does the calculation need an update or is it still valid? And, just for reference, what's the current accepted value for the Surtur feat of destroying Asgard?

We should also link the celestial emergence calc on the verse page as a supporting feat since tiamuts emergence was accepted in the comments, thanks @KLOL506

The original reason it was rejected was dumb as hell anyways

The ikaris results were a direct link the the tiamut emergence calc to begin with and since we have ikaris at country level it kinda lines up with the original country level results

Tell me if i'm reading stuff wrong hear but KLOL506s calc got 339.807692308 m for the radius of Nidavellir and on the other hand the video Spino used assumes a radius of 12.3 km... ouch!
That calculation is visibly inconsistent with the statement from the VFX supervisor that Nidavellir is the size of a small moon and that it extends for miles (both statements that can be found in Spino's calc), so I am not sure if that calculation is correct.

Since we're looking at possible ways to upgrade characters now that Phase 4 is ending, what about Captain Marvels feat in What If where she charges into Xandars core? I remember people argued against using it because they claimed that it's possible the version of Captain Marvel that featured in the episode could have been stronger than the main universe one because it's a different universe but this doesn't make sense as every universe shown in What If is a branching timeline of the main MCU, meaning everything is the same up until a nexus event occurs, which in that episode was Ultron winning. The events of AoU take place long after Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel so she should be the same. Thoughts on maybe using this?

Since we're looking at possible ways to upgrade characters now that Phase 4 is ending, what about Captain Marvels feat in What If where she charges into Xandars core? I remember people argued against using it because they claimed that it's possible the version of Captain Marvel that featured in the episode could have been stronger than the main universe one because it's a different universe but this doesn't make sense as every universe shown in What If is a branching timeline of the main MCU, meaning everything is the same up until a nexus event occurs, which in that episode was Ultron winning. The events of AoU take place long after Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel so she should be the same. Thoughts on maybe using this?
We've argued this several times in the past and this doesn't really bring up any new points, but basically, the fact that beyond the Ultron things, there are already several difference in here, such as Thanos achieving the time stone so early, plus he got the soul stone somehow, and we see Gamora die differently, and some other things I'm forgetting. Ultron winning isn't the "only" difference in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back