• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The directors confirmed Wanda would've killed Thanos, not only that, but Wanda is a glass cannon
Director confirmed it but doesnt change the fact thanos didnt even get a single scratch on him and Wanda got knocked out and majorly contributed nothing to them winning the fight.

Character who did independent of anything was Ant Man( If we ignore the rat), Carol easily, And maybe Bruce ( If really thor couldnt handle it ).
Tony was relevant but he would've died without carol, Wouldnt have thought of time travel without Ant man.
Carol's main problem in Endgame is that she's deus ex machina and nothing else. A plot device the writers use to get the characters out of a sticky situation because they can't find some more creative reason.
I mean that's the idea why she is that relevant and why she was a major reason for their success.
"Oh shit, this character is in trouble! Ummm, send in Carol I guess, that'll fix everything."
Well 🤷
Other than saving the cast from the trouble, she has no plot relevance whatsoever when it comes to the core plot of Edngame. Like there would've been a less excitable reaction from the audience if she did the snap for example. She could probably handle it better Tony and Hulk, but nobody is gonna care as she doesn't have the character build up the latter two.
Is this about her poorly written character because all the said "Plans" would be futile without her.

About the snap, that is my point, she was really just out of their league as of End game, because to me she would've handled majority of their stress solo, right from Getting the stones ( Except for the soul stone) to Fighting off thanos's army.
She is a major power house that fulfilled the hype she got, she was the key to their success man.

About the snap, that is my point, she was really just out of their league as of End game, because to me she would've handled majority of their stress solo, right from Getting the stones ( Except for the soul stone) to Fighting off thanos's army.
She is a major power house that fulfilled the hype she got, she was the key to their success man.
de7r34s-09e637da-6fc8-4e97-9c45-959b420466fe.png

gamma radiation would be utterly useless on a being that flies across galaxies.
That really doesn’t seem the same. Resisting general space radiation isn’t really the same as yknow, being specifically powered by this one type of radiation. Especially since the only real common source do gamma radiation in space is cosmic rays, which aren’t that common when you aren’t orbiting a star

No evidence it scales to his physical. The feat is due to his energy reserves.

Edit: What if the feat wasn't just physically moving stars, gasses, etc. What if he was actually turning back time to that night 2,000 years ago. I mean, that's a long time and some stars were probably on their last days, not to mention the gasses... so just physically moving the stars would produce a nearly the exact same sky as the past, just not a complete restoration.

Last edited:
Oh we did...When I mean Useless maybe it isnt the right word but uhm expandable.
Tony without Carol and Ant Man would be Irrelevant that is fact.
Wanda lol what was her relevance? Cause it didnt seem like she did anything really impactful that changed the outcome of the fight cause they were actually losing.

You know showing how powerful one is doesnt equate to relevance. Wanda's attempt was futile and Thanod came out with zero scratch, Carol STOPPED A BLOODY SECOND SNAP when no one including the SCARLET wanda was strong enough to do it.
Carol is a lightning bruiser who is physically as strong as her energy powers are. Wanda is a glass canon who is still human physically. Yet, SHE gave more trouble to Thanos than Carol. Thanos was literally restrained and couldn't do anything by himself and had to sacrifice a large part of his own forces not to win but to ESCAPE her. And he lost his sword and his armor in the process and was clearly in pain and again, the only reason he didn't die on the spot was because she didn't kill him outright and the producers have already confirmed she not only would have killed him, she could have killed him immediatly.
Also I really couldnt detect a grunt on carol's face when she over powered thanos and put him on his knees, she literally flexed that with one arm.
Thanos clearly resisted for some seconds, if she had not difficulties whatsoever, she would have punched him and that's it, instead he remained standing up in his position while she was trying (and succeeding at) to prevent him from snapping
They all had unnecessary unique Moment except Tony's Sacrifice which again was solely dependent on CAROL and Antman. And the time travel part tbh Shuri who had better resources could've pull that off.
No, none of them was unnecessary. All of them participated in one or another to the victory, by preventing Thanos from getting the Gauntlet or slowing Thanos down. As for Shuri, having better ressources doesn't mean being able to do the same thing. Strange's a genius to but nothing indicates he would have pulled it off with the same ressources, same for Shuri. And all of those moments were more mpactful for the viewers because, well, the characters are simply more liked, mostly because we already knew them before and we learnt to love them, wich wasn't the case with Carol who just had one movie that was okay at best for most people, whereas all the others had at least three appearences to get some build-up, including Black Panther.

Look, I understand, you like Carol and you want to defend her against all the shit she gets (and for me, you're partially right) but doing that by downplaying and even ******** on other characters who were objectively more impactful and important than her in doing so is not right and it certainly won't help the character to get more love.

This has been discussed before she was certainly not
She put up a fight against Thanos but still gets defeated->Thanos puts the gauntlet->she comes back->she grabs the gauntlet and you can clearly see a stronger light in her hand than the rest of her body->She no-sells thanos attacks and forces him to use the power stone, which he needs to take out of the gauntlet to do even though he should be able to do it with the gauntlet just fine

How do you NOT get that she was absorbing energy from that?

Carol is a lightning bruiser who is physically as strong as her energy powers are. Wanda is a glass canon who is still human physically. Yet, SHE gave more trouble to Thanos than Carol. Thanos was literally restrained and couldn't do anything by himself and had to sacrifice a large part of his own forces not to win but to ESCAPE her. And he lost his sword and his armor in the process and was clearly in pain and again, the only reason he didn't die on the spot was because she didn't kill him outright and the producers have already confirmed she not only would have killed him, she could have killed him immediatly.
I believe this was never about who is more powerful but relevant and long story short Carol was by a long long mergin

Besides him calling fire on everyone happened to affect the avengers just as much or even more and who saved the day again? Yeah am sure u know the name.
Thanos clearly resisted for some seconds, if she had not difficulties whatsoever, she would have punched him and that's it, instead he remained standing up in his position while she was trying (and succeeding at) to prevent him from snapping
Maybe for someone like Carol she absorb enough energies to adapt or overcome whoever it is she is up against and she eventually got strong enough to restrain him with just one arm.
Again this was never about who is more powerful.
No, none of them was unnecessary. All of them participated in one or another to the victory, by preventing Thanos from getting the Gauntlet or slowing Thanos down. As for Shuri, having better ressources doesn't mean being able to do the same thing.
I believe I already explained my point to the peak on this.
Shuri legit is Officially Mcu smartest.
Strange's a genius to but nothing indicates he would have pulled it off with the same ressources, same for Shuri.
Lol Strange is a genius but not on the same field as tony or Shuri
And all of those moments were more mpactful for the viewers because, well, the characters are simply more liked, mostly because we already knew them before and we learnt to love them, wich wasn't the case with Carol who just had one movie that was okay at best for most people, whereas all the others had at least three appearences to get some build-up, including Black Panther.
Again this is all to prove Carol's relevance and looking at it she is the one whose roles and scenes in the movie couldnt have been replaced any other character on screen.
I cant say the same for the rest of the avengers.
Look, I understand, you like Carol and you want to defend her against all the shit she gets (and for me, you're partially right) but doing that by downplaying and even ******** on other characters who were objectively more impactful and important than her in doing so is not right and it certainly won't help the character to get more love.
That had to be said, if she wasnt so relevant to their success then no other character was relevant it's just that simple man.

Strange should've just made a spell making Thanos forget about his planet getting destroyed as well as the stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back