• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol's record against Thanos: Give him some strikes including a brust of energy and he tanks it, gets briefly yeeted because he took advantage of her momentum, struggles some seconds against him to prevent him from snapping and it takes her some brief time to force him to kneel, tanks a headbutt like nothing then gets yeeted far more brutally
Wanda's record against Thanos: Goes into close-combat despite being a glass cannon, destroys his blade with a single blast, defeats him and completely restrains him with absolute casual ease by literally raising a hand and it takes raining fire on an entire battlefield to take her down
Ofcourse now let me explain wanda's record: Goes into a close combat with thanos attacks him with stone boulders that did nothing and thanos strike at her with his sword and she struggled heavily to hold it back, thanos briefly pushing down on her until she gets back up even stronger and broke the blade in two and hurridly tried to crush him telekinetically but no visible damage was done on his skin. Tony's attacks> wanda's telekinetic crush.
Who's the most impressive again? The one who had to put some minor efforts or the one who had to raise hand an that's it? 🤨
I would pick the one that can was unphased by a headbutt and bent thanos to his knees physically with one arm it shows power levels....not using some hax that looks cool but really didnt do any damage.
Yeah, pretty much 🤪

True 👌
👌

No one is smarter than Reed, except some girl named Lunella Lafayette that Marvel seems to be pushing
Damn, Marvel Comics sucks that bad atm huh? Imagine having to invent a new character just to make them extremely intelligent coz reasons.

Ofcourse now let me explain wanda's record: Goes into a close combat with thanos attacks him with stone boulders that did nothing and thanos strike at her with his sword and she struggled heavily to hold it back, thanos briefly pushing down on her until she gets back up even stronger and broke the blade in two and hurridly tried to crush him telekinetically but no visible damage was done on his skin. Tony's attacks> wanda's telekinetic crush.

I would pick the one that can was unphased by a headbutt and bent thanos to his knees physically with one arm it shows power levels....not using some hax that looks cool but really didnt do any damage.

👌
Meh I think we'll always disagree anyway (except for the last part)

He is slightly pushed back from her hits at most. The only reason she lasted is thanks to her agility.

Again nah he's liter grunting loudly in pain from the blows being staggered and moved back for 3 hits and then catches her and throw her away in one motion(she's already glowing to begin with not because she's absorbing energy)
You litterally have her whole body glowing yellow, just like the gauntlets, especially her hands, the part that would be absorbing energy, the gauntlets NOT glowing anymore AND thanos being unable to use the power stone from the gauntlet.
Gauntlet isn't glowing anymore because she's literally holding his hand open he can't gesture or close his fist to actually use the gauntlet or the stones normally that's literally how it's shown to work so idk what you're trying to say by the fact that he couldn't use the stones and that the gauntlet wasn't glowing
You don't go from being grabbed and thrown away the instant he touches you to pushing him to the ground with no visible difficulty, neither do you go from from dealing almost no damage with your hits to no selling headbutts despite being at least as strong as you are durable just like that.
You're saying this like the throw was damaging her, he literally redirects her punch to throw her swing his entire body around almost 360 degrees yelling as he throws her for her to come back unphased seconds later and tank his attacks that's the entire bout we see between them literally all we have to work from.

She arrives combos him with him grunting in pain being pushed back then using her momentum to briefly toss her away then being overpowered again when she's back. At no point do we hear that she's absorbing anything that's your own headcanon in no statements does it say she did anything of the sort and it's not even presented that way from their brief encounter

Again nah she nah he's liter grunting loudly in pain from the blows being staggered and moved back for 3 hits and then catches her and throw her away in one motion(she's already glowing to begin with not because she's absorbing energy)

"grunting loudly", stop exaggerating everything. Letting out a sound when you're hit is natural and it's not "loud" in any way. And she is glowing even more after clearly absorbing energy
Gauntlet isn't glowing anymore because she's literally holding his hand open he can't gesture or close his fist to actually use the gauntlet or the stones normally that's literally how it's shown to work so idk what you're trying to say by the fact that he couldn't use the stones and that the gauntlet wasn't glowing
As far as I'm aware, the only thing that was ever stated (in an interview) was that he needed to close his fist against IM and the others, but he clearly didn't need that anymore when he snapped. The gauntlet also glows when he put it on, NOT when he uses it, yet it instantly stopped glowing, with her hand and the rest of her body glowing the same yellow instead, the instant she grabbed it.
You're saying this like the throw was damaging her, he literally redirects her punch to throw her swing his entire body around almost 360 degrees yelling as he throws her for her to come back unphased seconds later and tank his attacks that's the entire bout we see between them literally all we have to work from.
Coming back unphased after being thrown is a given, but I'm talking about her lifting strength, not her durability. Have you ever tried swinging someone around while being weaker and they're resisting you? It doesn't work.
She arrives combos him with him grunting in pain being pushed back then using her momentum to briefly toss her away then being overpowered again when she's back. At no point do we hear that she's absorbing anything that's your own headcanon in no statements does it say she did anything of the sort and it's not even presented that way from their brief encounter
Again, stop exaggerating everything. She pushed him back 10 centimeters with each punch and he had a natural reaction to being punched

being weaker and they're resisting you? It doesn't work.
Bro he literally used her momentum against her and turned his full body into the throw after catching the punching following the direction of it her LS against his isn't at all coming into account in that encounter
Again, stop exaggerating everything. She pushed him back 10 centimeters with each punch and he had a natural reaction to being punched
Yet that's all we have to work with she's damaging him and staggering him without having absorbed anything and she can fully no sale his headbutt those are the two feats we got for her against him and aside from when she actually goes to wrestle with him he's completely overpowered

Yeah, I have no idea who the **** that is. Also, clearly I'm not talking about the MCU, you know, snice Reed has yet to be a part of it.
Well I clearly mentioned when Reeds would be introduced in the mcu cause the mcu don't seem to be dealing with the weird stuff agents of shield dealt with especially their sceintists(Mcu) dont deal with it

I also have a problem with the whole hands flow arguement
As far as I'm aware, the only thing that was ever stated (in an interview) was that he needed to close his fist against IM and the others, but he clearly didn't need that anymore when he snapped.
Eitri's gauntlet is made of Uru and is made magically and specifically to utilize the stones in a way Tony 's gauntlet is not even having stormbreaker as it's literally magic counter (which we also get from an interview). Each time it's even just put on Tony's gauntlet continuously surges while Eitri's only temporarily did so. There's a difference in how each gauntlet portrayed their surges while very similar. So I'd got with the WoG and presentation over one's own interpretation

Well I clearly mentioned when Reeds would be introduced in the mcu cause the mcu don't seem to be dealing with the weird stuff agents of shield dealt with especially their sceintists(Mcu) dont deal with it
Didn't even quote your post. Also Agents of Shield is never gonna be canon, I sincerely doubt any of the events within Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D will ever be brought up.

Bro he literally used her momentum against her and turned his full body into the throw after catching the punching following the direction of it her LS against his isn't at all coming into account in that encounter
And again, using their momentum works if you want to project your opponent in the same direction they're going, swinging someone around you is NOT so easy that you could do it on someone stronger than you.
Yet that's all we have to work with she's damaging him and staggering him without having absorbed anything and she can fully no sale his headbutt those are the two feats we got for her against him and aside from when she actually goes to wrestle with him he's completely overpowered
And we can correlate it to the fact that she was clearly absorbing energy from the gauntlet, which you just ignored even though it's half of the argument

I also have a problem with the whole hands flow arguement

Eitri's gauntlet is made of Uru and is made magically and specifically to utilize the stones in a way Tony 's gauntlet is not even having stormbreaker as it's literally magic counter (which we also get from an interview). Each time it's even just put on Tony's gauntlet continuously surges while Eitri's only temporarily did so. There's a difference in how each gauntlet portrayed their surges while very similar. So I'd got with the WoG and presentation over one's own interpretation
I don't see how any of that correlates with thanos snapping without closing his hand

@Colonel_Krukov I require a new pfp 👀

Are you up to the treacherous task?
I don't see how any of that correlates with thanos snapping without closing his hand
Correlates because Tony's gauntlet still surges when a snap is being done she literally just didn't allow his hand to get in a position to snap let alone close so there's no glow

I'll concede if there's even one official statement that she overpowered him by absorbing energy and not just by simply overpowering him due to her own strength but as of now I haven't seen anything like that and there's no real concrete evidence to say she absorbed anything from him especially when she starter the fight with her aura flaring and glowing already it'd just be headcanon to say so

Again, you're just answering a totally different question right now
Not all considering this was what you said
The gauntlet also glows when he put it on, NOT when he uses it, yet it instantly stopped glowing, with her hand and the rest of her body glowing the same yellow instead, the instant she grabbed it.
I've answered to both things

Even this would contradict your own points there'd be no glow to begin with by this since he immediately goes for a snap so it wouldn't glow anyways when she grabs it by what you've said here

Hehehe I wonder what you'll have 😈
scarlet_witch_by_ayyasap_ddiudsq-fullview.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back