• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had to wait several months to watch Venom because it took that long for it to become available (Infact i bought a dvd months before it did)
I gotta get me a VPN fr

Wanda not being able to defend against mildly powerful blasts made her somewhat irrelevant also.
Carol was the only character who did something unique, Saving Tony and Gamora was a feat no hero in the mcu at that time could do, definitely not Thor nor any socerer cause they had no idea where they were, the only option really was Carol.

And again no hero was strong enough to prevent Thanos's second Snap, Carol was. She literally saved the universe Twice when no one else could literally so yeah She was the Game Changer and this is something I feel everyone has been intentionally hiding from
Wanda irrelevant? Carol being the only one unique? Tony USELESS? Did we watch the same movie?

Wanda irrelevant? She literally had to raise a hand to completely overpower him, it has been confirmedm ultiple times she would have killed him, the only reason he didn't die is because she wanted to make him suffer first and he had to utterly damage his own army to take her down. By comparison, Carol had some slight difficulties at overpowering Thanos and she was taken down some moments after that, Wanda has a much better record and feat against Thanos. Carol being the only one unique? Wanda has a unique moment, Captain has a unique moment, Tony has a unique moment, Peter, T'Challa, almost all of them have a memorable and unique scene. Tony USELESS? Tony's the one who made everything possible by literally INVENTING TIME TRAVEL and made the ultimate sacrifice by saving the universe.

Last edited:
I do agree that Thor: Ragnarok portrayed a completely different Thor that was inconsistent with how he was before in the MCU and I don't think anyone should pretend otherwise. That being said I consider Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame to be the more definitive Thor trilogy despite being less comic accurate and I think Thor not taking things seriously and thinking he can solve any problem by punching it in Ragnarok is better in retrospect because it gives us a great character arc on his hubris later on.

I think Full Fat Videos's videos explain it the best and are the best Thor essays I've watched.

Tony wasn't useless, lmao, he literally made everything possible by inventing time travel.
Which would not be possible if not for Ant man and Carol saving his ass but yeah on that jote he was really useful but then there are scientists like Shuri with better resources who could've done that too.
Only Banner/Hulk could do the snap, it's explained that the radiation was the reason only he could realistically do it.
Nope, Banner did it because he was the one who is supposed to handle it better but that also is cap because the same amount of gamma radiation would be utterly useless on a being that flies across galaxies.
Wanda was the closest to defeating Thanos, by herself, bar Thanos having to destroy his own army to save his own skin.
Wanda was closest to giving him the greatest pain, only his armour was being ripped off his skin wasnt even scratched by all that and she was knocked out by a blast that carol didnt noticed
Thor could've with the Bifrost, the only reason he couldn't was he had no idea where Tony was. Strange had also been snapped. Carol finding them kinda seems a bit like a deus ex machina to me tbh, I mean, space is so vast and just coming across them randomly is statistically really unlikely.
I was expecting the bifrost stuff but like I said he had no idea where tony was.

Space is vast here but how vast would it be for a being that covered a thousand light years in such lil time? Plus she knew where to narrow her search considering they had just finished fighting on Titan so it wasnt entirely difficult for her.
She wasn't, she got beaten. Again, Wanda was the only one strong enough in a 1v1 that threatened him.
She got beaten? Or you mean got knocked out? Between carol and Wanda, Carol seemed to be putting thanos down his knees with soo much less stress than Wanda when she was telekinetically crushing thanos.
Plus Wanda getting knocked by energy blast that couldnt flinch carol and Carol getting Knocked out Only by the Power stone speak volumes.

Wanda was closest to giving him the greatest pain, only his armour was being ripped off his skin wasnt even scratched by all that and she was knocked out by a blast that carol didnt noticed
The directors confirmed Wanda would've killed Thanos, not only that, but Wanda is a glass cannon

Carol's main problem in Endgame is that she's deus ex machina and nothing else. A plot device the writers use to get the characters out of a sticky situation because they can't find some more creative reason.

"Oh shit, this character is in trouble! Ummm, send in Carol I guess, that'll fix everything."

Other than saving the cast from the trouble, she has no plot relevance whatsoever when it comes to the core plot of Edngame. Like there would've been a less excitable reaction from the audience if she did the snap for example. She could probably handle it better Tony and Hulk, but nobody is gonna care as she doesn't have the character build up the latter two.

Wanda irrelevant? Carol being the only one unique? Tony USELESS? Did we watch the same movie?
Oh we did...When I mean Useless maybe it isnt the right word but uhm expandable.
Tony without Carol and Ant Man would be Irrelevant that is fact.
Wanda lol what was her relevance? Cause it didnt seem like she did anything really impactful that changed the outcome of the fight cause they were actually losing.
Wanda irrelevant? She literally had to raise a hand to completely overpower him, it has been confirmedm ultiple times she would have killed him, the only reason he didn't die is because she wanted to make him suffer first and he had to utterly damage his own army to take her down. By comparison, Carol had some slight difficulties at overpowering Thanos and she was taken down some moments after that, Wanda has a much better record and feat against Thanos.
You know showing how powerful one is doesnt equate to relevance. Wanda's attempt was futile and Thanod came out with zero scratch, Carol STOPPED A BLOODY SECOND SNAP when no one including the SCARLET wanda was strong enough to do it.

Also I really couldnt detect a grunt on carol's face when she over powered thanos and put him on his knees, she literally flexed that with one arm.
Carol being the only one unique? Wanda has a unique moment, Captain has a unique moment, Tony has a unique moment, Peter, T'Challa, almost all of them have a memorable and unique scene. Tony USELESS? Tony's the one who made everything possible by literally INVENTING TIME TRAVEL and made the ultimate sacrifice by saving the universe.
They all had unnecessary unique Moment except Tony's Sacrifice which again was solely dependent on CAROL and Antman. And the time travel part tbh Shuri who had better resources could've pull that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back