• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons for why Carol isn't liked:

1) Some people are just misogynistic jerks who don't like it when a woman is strong
2) The actress isn't great at all
3) We didn't really have time to bond with her character, she has one movie (wich is ok), 10 minutes in Endgame and a cameo in Shang Chi
4) The character is way too overhyped, especially in Endgame where she acts like she's gonna solve everything by herself, with the promo saying she's the strongest Avenger, she's a key component of Endgame and will be essential in the fight against Thanos. The result? She acts arrogant and even a bit condescending, she's a living Macguffin who only appears for 10 minutes and her only contribution is to casually tank a headbutt from Thanos before being taken out of the fight. And even then, she clearly struggles at least a bit against Thanos, whereas all Wanda had to do to submit him was raising her hand and the only reason he wasn't killed is because she decided she wanted to have some fun before killing him, wich she would have done without the rain fire order (not could, WOULD). Take note that at this point, Carol has been developping her powers for 30 years so she's already at her peak, while Wanda has had her powers for what, four, five years, and didn't even know about Magic or the real nature of her powers at the time so she's barely tapping into her potential yet she did much better than Carol on vritually every level.

And honestly, her movie is (for me) okay at best, the character herself is good but that's it and the powers aren't really exceptional (she's basically Superman but brighter). Wanda is much better in terms of character and design, Olsen is a much better actress, her great moment in Endgame is much more memorable and above all satisfying, her powers are much more impressive, versatile, unique and spectacular and her costume as the Scarlet Witch much better.
Tbf the marketing team really overexaggerated all of that for attention. Captain Marvel was a mediocre movie in my opinion but not really "woke" and she didn't have that much of a part to play in Endgame which people feared would take away deserved runtime for the OG Avengers.

Pretty sure they could melt through Tony's suits, but idk the melting point of a Gold-Titanium alloy.

her film was pretty meh honestly, and marvel’s character wasn’t doing it for me personally. Plus there’s also knowing what they did to rambeau which kinda just makes me dislike her more(well I guess more of the mcu of anything)

Last edited:
Tbf the marketing team really overexaggerated all of that for attention. Captain Marvel was a mediocre movie in my opinion but not really "woke" and she didn't have that much of a part to play in Endgame which people feared would take away deserved runtime for the OG Avengers.
I despise SJWs but there was nothing "woke" in this movie. It's like those saying The Last of Us 2 is woke cause Ellie lesbian and there's a trans character, there's no "woke" stuff, especially when you see just how the trans character is treated
The problem with CM is simply that her movie was okay at best mediocre at worst

Meanwhile, I'm constantly changing my draft for Khonshu to give him a proper tier lol
Ok so i'm gonna give up on calcing the sky feat, since i don't think there's a good way of estimating how many solar systems are moved
Can the Eclipse feat be calced using KE of Khonshu moving the Moon? Assuming it's not FTL

Guess the character from these images. (Clue: One word, two syllables)
images
images

After rewatching the first Thor movie I'm a bit excited to see Jane again, the two are quite cute together. Also, I don't think there's an MCU movie that look quite as good as the first Thor movies, perhaps the Guardians

I have yet to watch any Thor movie
*1 essentially ties Thor into the Avengers as well as Loki teaming up with blue Thanos.

*2 Is considered the black sheep of the MCU tbh but it introduces the reality stone and thus is a core part of IG saga.

*3 Is considered the best Thor movie by far (It's not even a competition) plus it explains a ton of stuff: What was Hulk doing post-AoU?, What happened to Odin?, Where are the Valkyries?, etc plus it takes place immediately before Infinity War however in retrospect some Thor fans have begun disliking it for flanderising Thor and Norse lore (which is seen as the trigger of "bro Thor") and while I can see their PoV, it still doesn't change the fact without Ragnarok, Thor was way behind the other members of big 3 in terms of movie quality (Iron Man, Cap and Thor).

Overall I just want Love & Thunder to surprise me in the best way possible.

Maybe it's just me man but I love her character regardless of how "surface good" the plot was, i mean seeing a character like Carol is something we really havent seen before in Live action, it was different, much brighter and cooler than her comics take, a merge of Superman and some cosmic glowing being, it made me love the character and no matter how bad she is painted CAPTAIN MARVEL RULES.

About her importance in End Game, tbh every character could've been replaced by another, thor was useless, so was Tony ( Thor or Carol could've done the snap) the same goes for Banner's snap. Wanda not being able to defend against mildly powerful blasts made her somewhat irrelevant also.
Carol was the only character who did something unique, Saving Tony and Gamora was a feat no hero in the mcu at that time could do, definitely not Thor nor any socerer cause they had no idea where they were, the only option really was Carol.

And again no hero was strong enough to prevent Thanos's second Snap, Carol was. She literally saved the universe Twice when no one else could literally so yeah She was the Game Changer and this is something I feel everyone has been intentionally hiding from

Carol's Supremacy 👌🚶🚶🚶

About her importance in End Game, tbh every character could've been replaced by another, thor was useless, so was Tony
Tony wasn't useless, lmao, he literally made everything possible by inventing time travel.
( Thor or Carol could've done the snap) the same goes for Banner's snap.

Only Banner/Hulk could do the snap, it's explained that the radiation was the reason only he could realistically do it.

Wanda not being able to defend against mildly powerful blasts made her somewhat irrelevant also.

Wanda was the closest to defeating Thanos, by herself, bar Thanos having to destroy his own army to save his own skin.

Carol was the only character who did something unique, Saving Tony and Gamora was a feat no hero in the mcu at that time could do, definitely not Thor nor any socerer cause they had no idea where they were, the only option really was Carol.

Thor could've with the Bifrost, the only reason he couldn't was he had no idea where Tony was. Strange had also been snapped. Carol finding them kinda seems a bit like a deus ex machina to me tbh, I mean, space is so vast and just coming across them randomly is statistically really unlikely.

And again no hero was strong enough to prevent Thanos's second Snap,

She wasn't, she got beaten. Again, Wanda was the only one strong enough in a 1v1 that threatened him.

*1 essentially ties Thor into the Avengers as well as Loki teaming up with blue Thanos.

*2 Is considered the black sheep of the MCU tbh but it introduces the reality stone and thus is a core part of IG saga.

*3 Is considered the best Thor movie by far (It's not even a competition) plus it explains a ton of stuff: What was Hulk doing post-AoU?, What happened to Odin?, Where are the Valkyries?, etc plus it takes place immediately before Infinity War however in retrospect some Thor fans have begun disliking it for flanderising Thor and Norse lore (which is seen as the trigger of "bro Thor") and while I can see their PoV, it still doesn't change the fact without Ragnarok, Thor was way behind the other members of big 3 in terms of movie quality (Iron Man, Cap and Thor).

Overall I just want Love & Thunder to surprise me in the best way possible.
Thor is easily the best Thor movie

Both her appearances in Endgame are random, although her second one could be explained at least. Like, they could of notified her off screen and be like, hey, we have the IG complete, might be good having you here just in case something happens.

Thor seems to be the movie where I hear vastly different opinions on stuff tbh, I've heard people say it's the best superhero movie while others saying that it's boring and mediocre, even on smaller details like cinematography or the romance subplot I've heard very different opinions.

Personally I think it's somewhere in the middle, it does all the simple things right as a superhero origin story but it just lacks that little bit of something to elevate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back