• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She put up a fight against Thanos but still gets defeated->Thanos puts the gauntlet->she comes back->she grabs the gauntlet and you can clearly see a stronger light in her hand than the rest of her body->She no-sells thanos attacks and forces him to use the power stone, which he needs to take out of the gauntlet to do even though he should be able to do it with the gauntlet just fine

How do you NOT get that she was absorbing energy from that?
oh, well, might as well bump it since it was lost in the page change.

I believe this was never about who is more powerful but relevant and long story short Carol was by a long long mergin

Besides him calling fire on everyone happened to affect the avengers just as much or even more and who saved the day again? Yeah am sure u know the name.
"who saved the day again?" Carol and the sorcerers like Wong who created shields to protect everyone from the missiles? Cause it sounds to me there would have been much more casualties for the heroes without them. And the key word is "and". You make it sound like Carol was the reason they won but no, it was a group effort
Maybe for someone like Carol she absorb enough energies to adapt or overcome whoever it is she is up against and she eventually got strong enough to restrain him with just one arm.
Again this was never about who is more powerful.
In that case, yes it was. Before Endgame, the entire promo for Carol was about how she was stronger than anyone else in the team then in the movie proper Wanda does much better than her with much less experience, training and understanding of what she really can do. It makes all the things the promo said about Carol being so above everyone look bad because Wanda did much better than her and she's underutilized
I believe I already explained my point to the peak on this.
Shuri legit is Officially Mcu smartest.

Lol Strange is a genius but not on the same field as tony or Shuri
Yeah that's exactly my point. Shuri is a genius but she focuses on inventing stuff to protect Wakanda, Tony's an inventor but also a physician, it's different
Again this is all to prove Carol's relevance and looking at it she is the one whose roles and scenes in the movie couldnt have been replaced any other character on screen.
I cant say the same for the rest of the avengers.

That had to be said, if she wasnt so relevant to their success then no other character was relevant it's just that simple man.
No one said she wasn't relevant, just that she wasn't more relevant than others. And yes, she could have been replaced, several heroes could have ganged up on Thanos to distract him a bit. And if you want to talk about heroes who couldn't be replaced, how about Straneg who was the only one capable of holding all that water or Wong and the sorcerers who were the only ones with the means to protect the others from the ship's fire?

And being relevant or not, none of that changes the fact that the main reason why everybody prefers characters like Tony or Wanda or Thor is because, well, they're better characters. Cause they have had something called character development and several movies to give us time to bond with them, whereas Carol only had one movie (far from being the top in the MCU in terms of quality) and her character is badly used in Endgame.

Last edited:
She put up a fight against Thanos but still gets defeated->Thanos puts the gauntlet->she comes back->she grabs the gauntlet and you can clearly see a stronger light in her hand than the rest of her body->She no-sells thanos attacks and forces him to use the power stone, which he needs to take out of the gauntlet to do even though he should be able to do it with the gauntlet just fine

How do you NOT get that she was absorbing energy from that?
Yeah nah she manhandles Thanos and gets more blows in pushing him back and he literally only tosses her away after catching one of her blows she doesn't get defeated then she comes back and grabs the gauntlet and stops him from closing his hand not once in anything is there a note of her absorbing any energy from the gauntlet it doesn't even visually show that, she tanks his attack ofc because she's stronger than him there's nothing there to suggest otherwise he literally uses the powerstone because he couldn't beat her

Yeah nah she manhandles Thanos and gets more blows in pushing him back and he literally only tosses her away after catching one of her blows she doesn't get defeated then she comes back and grabs the gauntlet and stops him from closing his hand not once in anything is there a note of her absorbing any energy from the gauntlet it doesn't even visually show that, she tanks his attack ofc because she's stronger than him there's nothing there to suggest otherwise he literally uses the powerstone because he couldn't beat her
Yeah, he didn't defeat her, he just took advantage of her momentum

I mean, when you literally spawned into the void before even singularities that shaped the primordial forces of existence and created existence itself, pretty much

Manhandles? He is slightly pushed back from her hits at most. The only reason she lasted is thanks to her agility. And how the **** does it not visually show that? You litterally have her whole body glowing yellow, just like the gauntlets, especially her hands, the part that would be absorbing energy, the gauntlets NOT glowing anymore AND thanos being unable to use the power stone from the gauntlet. You don't go from being grabbed and thrown away the instant he touches you to pushing him to the ground with no visible difficulty, neither do you go from from dealing almost no damage with your hits to no selling headbutts despite being at least as strong as you are durable just like that.

Anyway, about Carol, I said what I had to say, she gets a bit too much shit for me but there are valid reasons for why people don't like her as much as other heroes and think she was badly used in Endgame. It's like SW VIII, the movie is not an absolute shit that insults the saga and has genuine good points but it's far from being the ground-breaking masterpiece and game-changer some sequel fans like to describe

Manhandles? He is slightly pushed back from her hits at most. The only reason she lasted is thanks to her agility. And how the **** does it not visually show that? You litterally have her whole body glowing yellow, just like the gauntlets, especially her hands, the part that would be absorbing energy, the gauntlets NOT glowing anymore AND thanos being unable to use the power stone from the gauntlet. You don't go from being grabbed and thrown away the instant he touches you to pushing him to the ground with no visible difficulty, neither do you go from from dealing almost no damage with your hits to no selling headbutts despite being at least as strong as you are durable just like that.
Nah, he uses her momentum against her. She flies to him, he avoids her strike, grabs her harm, spins and uses the momentum to throw her away, that's it, it's not exactly a defeat. Though I do admit she seems to glow brighter than in other scenes when she's confronting him

"who saved the day again?" Carol and the sorcerers like Wong who created shields to protect everyone from the missiles? Cause it sounds to me there would have been much more casualties for the heroes without them. And the key word is "and". You make it sound like Carol was the reason they won but no, it was a group effort
It was a group success no cap but all their contributions can be substituted by anyone else, however Carol's relevance is unique because she was literally the only option.
The socerers wouldn't hold on to their shield for too long and it didnt seem like theor shield covered all the avengers on the battle field but yeah they really helped reduce the casualities for that time.
In that case, yes it was. Before Endgame, the entire promo for Carol was about how she was stronger than anyone else in the team then in the movie proper Wanda does much better than her with much less experience, training and understanding of what she really can do
How can you watch end game and tell me Wanda did better? Again she inflicted more pain but Carol was more impressive, Carol placed thanos in the same position Wanda placed him and Carol did that with one arm and and his attacks couldnt phase her, Wanda was struggling with Thanos's direct attack and had to use telekinesis an ability majority of the people have no defense against, nothing showed that attack was more lethal than the energy punch Carol was building up about to hit thanos with...and if we go by the director's statement they already confirmed Carol was the most powerful as at end game.

. It makes all the things the promo said about Carol being so above everyone look bad because Wanda did much better than her and she's underutilized
Explained above. ☝
Yeah that's exactly my point. Shuri is a genius but she focuses on inventing stuff to protect Wakanda, Tony's an inventor but also a physician, it's differe,t
Physician or Physicist? I assume u mean physicist and lol saying Shuri isnt a physicist will make me ask you if you know her at all....or wasnt she the one who figured how to help the super android vision when Bruce who was involved in it's creation couldnt figure it out? 😏
No one said she wasn't relevant, just that she wasn't more relevant than others
Except she was and you cannot prove otherwise.
And being relevant or not, none of that changes the fact that the main reason why everybody prefers characters like Tony or Wanda or Thor is because, well, they're better characters. Cause they have had something called character development and several movies to give us time to bond with them, whereas Carol only had one movie (far from being the top in the MCU in terms of quality) and her character is badly used in Endgame.
I have nothing to say about Preference, she my favourite everyone has theirs 👌

Nah, he uses her momentum against her. She flies to him, he avoids her strike, grabs her harm, spins and uses the momentum to throw her away, that's it, it's not exactly a defeat. Though I do admit she seems to glow brighter than in other scenes when she's confronting him
She flies to him, hits him multiple time with little to no effect, try to hit him again, he dodges, then grab her and throws her BACK WHERE SHE CAME FROM. I don't care if she lost or not, she was clearly weaker in both striking strength and lifting strength

Reed Richards wants to know his location

xrneksr30GxJka_fz858lFq2Z3KNv9yjUY_Hn746JOezrrmhj0gnvFt9pf-7JVDf7f-qS5naYPOd3-eRadHjGoKkWOdVLLyYxnP9booI1FM1uHxXGPnOm7Uazk3mPmfqVu6O1rDmHcM=s1600

Carol was absorbing energy as she usually does but nothing suggests it was the stones.

She was absorbing more energy and glowing brighter till she overpowered him, thanos couldnt use the gauntlet because Carol vastly overpowered him and he couldnt move that hand at all, he had to use his other hands to remove the stone

How can you watch end game and tell me Wanda did better? Again she inflicted more pain but Carol was more impressive, Carol placed thanos in the same position Wanda placed him and Carol did that with one arm and and his attacks couldnt phase her, Wanda was struggling with Thanos's direct attack and had to use telekinesis an ability majority of the people have no defense against, nothing showed that attack was more lethal than the energy punch Carol was building up about to hit thanos with...and if we go by the director's statement they already confirmed Carol was the most powerful as at end game.
Are you watching a different movie, like, the Danvers Cut? Seriously...

How can you watch end game and tell me Wanda did better? Again she inflicted more pain but Carol was more impressive,
Carol's record against Thanos: Give him some strikes including a brust of energy and he tanks it, gets briefly yeeted because he took advantage of her momentum, struggles some seconds against him to prevent him from snapping and it takes her some brief time to force him to kneel, tanks a headbutt like nothing then gets yeeted far more brutally
Wanda's record against Thanos: Goes into close-combat despite being a glass cannon, destroys his blade with a single blast, defeats him and completely restrains him with absolute casual ease by literally raising a hand and it takes raining fire on an entire battlefield to take her down

Who's the most impressive again? The one who had to put some minor efforts or the one who had to raise hand an that's it? 🤨
Physician or Physicist? I assume u mean physicist
Yeah, pretty much 🤪
I have nothing to say about Preference, she my favourite everyone has theirs 👌
True 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back