• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finally started watching What If. I thought the first episode was a little generic but still pretty enjoyable, but unfortunately I really didn't like the second episode. A lot of things didn't make sense like why T'Challa would be called Star-Lord and why there would be such drastic changes with just Peter turning into T'Challa. I don't like how T'Challa is kinda flawless and that everybody even villains like Korath kinda kisses his ass. I get that this is supposed to be a tribute to Chadwick Boseman but it's honestly a very cheap way to do it. Most importantly though I hate what they did with Thanos because it ruins the whole idea that he's the Mad Titan. Like we always knew Thanos was wrong, I feel like the whole point of his character was that he was never going to admit it, which is a reason why I really liked Thanos is Endgame unlike most people as I think it solidified the fact that there's really nothing to sympathise about this guy and he's a crazy lunatic, that when he sees his plan fail he'll just respond with more violence (much like real world tyrants). Not to mention him getting whooped by the Black Order was annoying to watch.

Hopefully it gets better from here on.
It gets better on episode 3 and it peak when episode 4 came out, though the rest of the series is still pretty good especially episode 8 but the finale was kinda wacked so be prepared for that.

I would consider Daredevil to be the best of the Netflix shows, with probably the most consistent quality throughout.

Jessica Jones has an amazing first season that I'd consider on par with Daredevil's quality, but the following seasons felt like a big step down. (Season 2 in particular had a few things that really annoyed me)

Luke Cage has a first season with a great first half, then a comparatively underwhelming second half. Season 2 is consistently pretty good in my opinion.

Iron Fist is definitely the weakest of the shows, though I still enjoyed it overall. The second season is a noticeable step up from the first.

I thought The Defenders was enjoyable overall, but the story had some weak elements and missed potential. The character interactions were by far the highlight.

The Punisher has a great first season, and a somewhat weaker second season that suffers from storytelling that, while enjoyable, was almost bafflingly disjointed in some areas.

If I were to rank the shows overall, it would probably be Daredevil>Luke Cage>The Punisher>Jessica Jones>The Defenders>Iron Fist.

By season, it would be DDS3>DDS1>JJS1>LCS2>DDS2>TPS1>LCS1>JJS3>TPS2>TD>IFS2>JJS2>IFS1

Overall, I'd still recommend watching each show in release order at least once, as I wouldn't consider any of them bad, even at their weakest. Maybe "meh" on occasion, but still enjoyable more often than not.

MASSIVE WARNING THOUGH!

Netflix
might be taking down the shows on March 1st, so anyone still wanting to catch up on them should probably hurry! (unless they are willing to pay for whichever streaming service they are moved to, that is)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back