• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two other things (pretty horrific and scary)

• It is very possible that in the millions of futures Doctor Strange saw, he saw Tiamut's birth due to the lack of The Snap taking lives which would result in the permanent death of Earth's heroes when it wakes up soon after. Because of this factor, he realised that The Snap had to happen no matter what, which in turn leads to most of the heroes surviving and the Eternals aiding Earth in stopping Tiamut from being born instead. Literally two birds with one stone. This means that thanks to the Celestials' life cycle, the whole universe paid the price.
  • And to think what would've happened had Ego had known there was a Celestial about to be born, and on the same planet he met Meridith, no less. He would've taken control of Tiamut the same way he did Peter, and his expansion would probably happen a lot faster with a full Celestial rather than a hybrid like Quill.

I mostly agree with him, especially the Strange variant, I don't think it's Strange Supreme. I do have doubts about Tony Tom Cruise or Professor X though. I also deeply hope Strange won't be the laughing stock of his own movie, like getting constantly humiliated in battle by everyone, I want him to truly kick ass

Two other things (pretty horrific and scary)

• It is very possible that in the millions of futures Doctor Strange saw, he saw Tiamut's birth due to the lack of The Snap taking lives which would result in the permanent death of Earth's heroes when it wakes up soon after. Because of this factor, he realised that The Snap had to happen no matter what, which in turn leads to most of the heroes surviving and the Eternals aiding Earth in stopping Tiamut from being born instead. Literally two birds with one stone. This means that thanks to the Celestials' life cycle, the whole universe paid the price.
  • And to think what would've happened had Ego had known there was a Celestial about to be born, and on the same planet he met Meridith, no less. He would've taken control of Tiamut the same way he did Peter, and his expansion would probably happen a lot faster with a full Celestial rather than a hybrid like Quill.
I think the likely conditions to reach an ideal future were:
-strange must not die, if he does, he can't see what happens afterward
-the snap must happen (for the reason you mentioned) and some specific characters must not be snapped no matter what (scott, tony, banner)
-the snap must be reversed

the snap happening is ironically probably the hardest step.

would have said the opposite. The color scheme looks weird, I like my moon knight whiter than snow
Whiter than snow doesn't work in street fighter action scenes. That "whiter than snow" is gonna be looking as white as that dirty snow you see on the curbs 4 days after snowfall ends.

would have said the opposite. The color scheme looks weird, I like my moon knight whiter than snow
personally I like the pharaoh/mummy vibe the costume has but if the show continues past season 1 we'll likely see Mister Knight and that'll definitely satisfy your whiter than snow moon knight needs

Why's that? Not that I deny he's been wrong before, but what were his screw-ups?
on the top of my head, his "hulk vs thor" film theory is universally hated

Also watched the more recent no way home plot holes video. He gets an idea then goes out of his way to interpret the movie specifically so that he can be right, and it shows. Pretty sure the video about how thanos was secretly trying to save us from the celestials was from him too.

I do not have enough time in the day to tell you where he's wrong about so many recent videos
Fair enough. I'm glad you can tell me that much.
on the top of my head, his "hulk vs thor" film theory is universally hated
I don't recall the theory nor the movie's elements well. What made it so hated? Also, how long ago was that?
Also watched the more recent no way home plot holes video. He gets an idea then goes out of his way to interpret the movie specifically so that he can be right, and it shows.
That can be problematic. But doesn't he get any parts right after he extrapolates from 1 conclusion?
Still, I can kinda understand how you feel, if he does indeed get things wrong, despite knowing about & acknowledging Marvel's tendency to mislead, but I like hearing about all kinds of theories & opinions, even if they end up being wrong; I love hearing a thorough analysis.
Pretty sure the video about how thanos was secretly trying to save us from the celestials was from him too.
Ah. I haven't seen Eternals nor NWH. That turned out to be wrong, eh?
If you're able & willing to tell me, without spoiling, which parts in that theory ended up being incorrect?

I don't recall the theory nor the movie's elements well. What made it so hated? Also, how long ago was that?
Essentially a video trying to prove that hulk is stronger than thor despite what everything else would tend to show. He ignored their fights because "too many of them were inconclusive". He then compared two of their comic feats, taking hulk best non scaling feat and some random feat thor has, comparing midgard serpent to giants real life snakes to guess how strong thor must have been when he fought him. Then he compared two of their feats in the mcu (most commented part), crushing iron man armor and destroying the ground while trying to pick up mjolnir, and he got a slightly better result for hulk, then proceeded to ignore that thor did his feat casually and that you can exert more force in hulk situation. Also pretty sure those were not their best feats at the time, at least not thor's. All of this was a bit before ragnarok was released btw.

That can be problematic. But doesn't he get any parts right after he extrapolates from 1 conclusion?
Still, I can kinda understand how you feel, if he does indeed get things wrong, despite knowing about & acknowledging Marvel's tendency to mislead, but I like hearing about all kinds of theories & opinions, even if they end up being wrong; I love hearing a thorough analysis.
You know what they say about broken clocks. He got like 2 things right but rejected them because of his own headcanon.
He isn't analyzing as much as he's pretending to

Ah. I haven't seen Eternals nor NWH. That turned out to be wrong, eh?
If you're able & willing to tell me, without spoiling, which parts in that theory ended up being incorrect?
It was a post eternals theory so I can't really say anything.

Yorokobe
fetchimage

Is there anyone on Earth besides Dr. Strange and the Eternals able to combat the Deviants? It seems like they're a threat that even Thanos would have trouble with.

Is there anyone on Earth besides Dr. Strange and the Eternals able to combat the Deviants? It seems like they're a threat that even Thanos would have trouble with.
The Eternals aren't on earth anymore so it's just whatever heroes whom are present who'd have to take them on which doesn't bode well tbh

That's why I didn't mention Dr. Strange. He and other sorcerers can easily BFR Deviants.

Looks like the Hulk is the only one on Earth that has a chance. Carol is on Earth once in a blue moon and Thor is busy and not on Earth.

I'm hearing Ned now not only has a profile, but is winning matches. I'm so curious as to what the actual **** went down in that movie. I STILL have not seen NWH cuz family says they wanna watch it together but refuses to book tickets for some reason. Might start considering certain alternative routes to watching the movie.

I'm hearing Ned now not only has a profile, but is winning matches. I'm so curious as to what the actual **** went down in that movie. I STILL have not seen NWH cuz family says they wanna watch it together but refuses to book tickets for some reason. Might start considering certain alternative routes to watching the movie.
Nothing to get too worried about.

Ned isn't winning matches using anything he gets in NWH, he simply has his Lapton as standard equipment and uses it to beat other human level characters to death

Ngl there have flat out been some matches where Ned stomps but that's with his optional equipment ofc💀💀

He also lacks his tier 0 "The Ned above all" key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back