• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
E7fTDx4UYAAibBZ.jpg

This pic though. Cosmic-like Infinity Ultron

The main issue with Thor is as follows
  • In IW Thor was already injured from his fight with Hela when Thanos attacked him with the rest of the Black Order.
  • When he got Stormbreaker he won through a sneak attack and a weapon designed to counter the IG
  • In Endgame pre-timeskip Thanos was injured and restrained when Thor killed him
  • Endgame proper is the first full fight we've seen and he's overwhelmed
I think the main reason people put IW Thor over Endgame Thor is because of their physical appearance, but going by the director statements that's more showing him losing his purpose and meaning than him losing any physical strength.

I kind of wich it won't be him. Not necessarily Mephisto like some say (though I would love this and I hope he will get introduced) but some other supernatural threat using Strange's spell to mess things up

The thing is, many people pointed it ou how weird Strange's acting here. He and Peter barely shared a scene in IW and Endgame and they weren't close at all and awhile he's arrogant, Strange is also extremely cautious with Magic so suddenly seeing him being uber cocky and ready to help a guy he never had any real interaction with before felt weird. There's also the fact that the train scene weirdly seems to show Peter kind of fighting Strange somehow. And then there's also how it's weird that a spell that would erase memories ends up messing causing timelines and alternate universes to get chaotic

I've actually red several theories about it and putting aside the Strange isn't Strange one, there are also people who think he was influenced or controlled by an external force. Another theory said that the spell itself wasn't what caused the timeline stuff but that someone or something exploited Strange's spell and sabotaged it for its own purpose and Strange will notice that and spends the whole movie trying to understand what happened. Some even said that a shot from the trailer showed a weird orb of energy as the spell was prepared and felt that orb was weirdly similar to an eye. As in, Shuma Gorath's eye.
I don't think there was any external manipulation going on, and I think the strange we saw in the trailer was the Doctor Stephen Strange. Strange has never been shown to be extremely cautious with magic. Stealing off limit documents at night, restoring the dark dimension pages, playing around with the time stone on an apple, using the timestone in the end of doctor strange 1 like it was free ice cream, and attempting to use the stone on enemies where it's not absolutely necessary like Maw. And we all know strange supreme gave no ***** whatsoever.

The only time strange has ever been cautious with magic is when its in regards to other beings (Loki/Odin) or in IW when it was a no brainer answer when Tony was requesting to go straight to the intergalactic warlord who wants to steal the stone. Outside of those two instances strange has never been cautious with magic. And in regards to the whole "barely knows spidey" thing, like other people have brought up, its a war survivor relationship. Additionally, moods in the MCU in general have been more relaxed for the masters of the mystic arts because it seems clear they're unaware of the whole timeline tomfoolery going on right now (at least for now). Dormammu has been traumatized into never coming back, Mordo seems to be keeping his head low, and there's no more time stone to look after. Hell even Wong has been mostly relaxed. Going on vacation to random snowy cities, finding time to cage fight in San Fran (with magic btw), and singing karaoke at a night club with Shang-Chi and Katy.

Last edited:
And in regards to the whole "barely knows spidey" thing, like other people have brought up, its a war survivor relationship
I've also gone with that there's an assumption that people hang out together off screen in the MCU. Like Thor and Hulk have like, five minutes of on screen time where they talk to each other but in Ragnarok Thor treats Banner/Hulk as one of his closer friends.

I don't think there was any external manipulation going on, and I think the strange we saw in the trailer was the Doctor Stephen Strange. Strange has never been shown to be extremely cautious with magic. Stealing off limit documents at night, restoring the dark dimension pages, playing around with the time stone on an apple, using the timestone in the end of doctor strange 1 like it was free ice cream, and attempting to use the stone on enemies where it's not absolutely necessary like Maw. And we all know strange supreme gave no ***** whatsoever.

The only time strange has ever been cautious with magic is when its in regards to other beings (Loki/Odin) or in IW when it was a no brainer answer when Tony was requesting to go straight to the intergalactic warlord who wants to steal the stone. Outside of those two instances strange has never been cautious with magic. And in regards to the whole "barely knows spidey" thing, like other people have brought up, its a war survivor relationship. Additionally, moods in the MCU in general have been more relaxed for the masters of the mystic arts because it seems clear they're unaware of the whole timeline tomfoolery going on right now (at least for now). Dormammu has been traumatized into never coming back, Mordo seems to be keeping his head low, and there's no more time stone to look after. Hell even Wong has been mostly relaxed. Going on vacation to random snowy cities, finding time to cage fight in San Fran (with magic btw), and singing karaoke at a night club with Shang-Chi and Katy.
True. Then again that were just theories I red. I wish the movie will give us some interesting twist though

I've also gone with that there's an assumption that people hang out together off screen in the MCU. Like Thor and Hulk have like, five minutes of on screen time where they talk to each other but in Ragnarok Thor treats Banner/Hulk as one of his closer friends.
Yeah I follow these same beliefs especially considering scenes that were cut where we get extra banter or the cast/characters hanging out in universe ot even irl

Don't hype yourself up with these wild, far fetched theories. They'll only lead to disappointment. Remember back in January/February when everyone was screeching "Mephisto in WandaVision" every damn week?

Don't hype yourself up with these wild, far fetched theories. They'll only lead to disappointment. Remember back in January/February when everyone was screeching "Mephisto in WandaVision" every damn week?
Good thing I wasn't disappointed anyway lol

Though I wish Mephisto will one day appear, especially since he was mentionned very early in the MCU

I'd save it and wait till EP9 is released, since there might be some feats for him, if we learn how Ultron got his hands on all the infinity stones

I definitely think alts can scale to main, but main shouldn't scale alts unless something explicit happens
Yeah, we should just make a thread detailing this and then revise some of the main and what if profiles accordingly.

BTW, did we ever finish the Strange Supreme thread?
I'd say throw that in the MCU cosmology thread to answer those scaling matter

We still need a lot of talk about scaling stuff in the cosmology thread because so far it's mostly verse history in it

I'd say throw that in the MCU cosmology thread to answer those scaling matter

We still need a lot of talk about scaling stuff in the cosmology thread because so far it's mostly verse history in it
Speaking of that, maybe we should list the events we’re gonna talk about in order then describe what happens in said events because Human error in stuff

Sorry guys, I was just killing myself after reading an article about how the JEDI term was problematic because the Jedi Order is a an order of white saviors using toxically masculine violent solutions to conflict and lightsabers being phallic symbols and how against justice and diversity they are. I.AM.NOT.JOKING.
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

The main issue with Thor is as follows
  • In IW Thor was already injured from his fight with Hela when Thanos attacked him with the rest of the Black Order.
  • When he got Stormbreaker he won through a sneak attack and a weapon designed to counter the IG
  • In Endgame pre-timeskip Thanos was injured and restrained when Thor killed him
  • Endgame proper is the first full fight we've seen and he's overwhelmed
I think the main reason people put IW Thor over Endgame Thor is because of their physical appearance, but going by the director statements that's more showing him losing his purpose and meaning than him losing any physical strength.
Tbf EG Thor was supposed to originally revert back to Fit Thor for the final fight someway or another but Hemsworth nixed that since he enjoyed being Fat Thor so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back