• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marco vs Sanji: The Battle of Queen's daddies.

Both these 2 blondies slapped Queen's shit and have fire powers, so let's make 'em fight!

In-character

Scaling Chains for AP:

Scabbards = Jack < Base Queen < Zoan/Hybrid Queen = Base Onigashima Raid Sanji < Onigashima Raid Diable Jambe << Post-Exoskeleton Base Sanji < Post-Exoskeleton Diable Jambe << Post-Exoskeleton Ifrit Jambe.

Base Marco = Admirals (as he matched their AP using limbs that were normal and not turned into Phoenix Fire limbs)

Zoan/Hybrid Marco = Base Yonko lvl people (like King and 1-Homie Big Mom)

Sanji: 1 (@Kachon123)

Marco: 3 (@TheMonkeMan, @FourLeafCloverz, @Eseseso)

Incon: 0
add TauanVictor's vote for Sanji btw

I've brought up valid evidence as to why Marco can tag Sanji
Which is baseless. Sanji is faster than Marco according to the wiki and you can literally just read the manga or the proof I sent you.
He's been fighting opponents stronger and faster than Sanji for a while and he's managed to clash with them and even counter some of them.
Faster than Sanji based on? Those opponents are more skilled than Sanji based on?

Which is baseless. Sanji is faster than Marco according to the wiki and you can literally just read the manga or the proof I sent you.

Faster than Sanji based on? Those opponents are more skilled than Sanji based on?
Saying " this character is __ than Sanji based on? " isn't actually a valid argument, FYI. But I'll humor you. It's based on the fact that Kizaru is a light man, and light is incredibly fast. It's that simple.

Sanji is obviously faster than Marco, no clue why that’s even being debated
Not to the point where he's blitzing Marco's reactions though.

Saying " this character is __ than Sanji based on? " isn't actually a valid argument
I'm not arguing anything. I'm questioning what you said, as it has no basis or even scans attached to support your claim.
It's based on the fact that Kizaru is a light man, and light is incredibly fast. It's that simple.
Last time I checked, Sanji is blitz levels above 8x the speed of light.
Not to the point where he's blitzing Marco's reactions though.
Not true actually. Queen could react to Marco's attacks, and Base Sanji was able to completely blitz Queen. Sanji has more speed amps to stack on top of that already blitz level above Marco with Diable Jambe and Ifrit Jambe.

Now I ask you again, how exactly is Marco faster than Sanji?

I'm not arguing anything. I'm questioning what you said, as it has no basis or even scans attached to support your claim.

Last time I checked, Sanji is blitz levels above 8x the speed of light.

Not true actually. Queen could react to Marco's attacks, and Base Sanji was able to completely blitz Queen.
Any scans as proof?

Also like I said, Marco was literally tagging and clashing with the Admirals as well as Big Mom, so I don't see why you'd downplay his speed/reactions even if Sanji is faster than him.

Any scans as proof?
Fg0_H-eXwAMX-Do

Also like I said, Marco was literally tagging and clashing with the Admirals as well as Big Mom, so I don't see why you'd downplay his speed/reactions even if Sanji is faster than him.
All the characters you named are slower than Sanji. They're speed scaling is much lower on the chain.

Kizaru ~ Akainu ~ 1 Homie Big Mom ~ Marco ~ Queen Reactions < Onigashima Diable Sanji (blitz) << Post-Exo Base Sanji < Diable Post-Exo Sanji < Ifrit Post-Exo Sanji

he'll likely be able to put down Sanji
With what? The shockwaves that he'd regenerate from?
Also Marco injured Queen and knocked King around a few times, so he'll likely be able to put down Sanji before Sanji activates his speed amps.
He doesn't need his speed amps to still be cleanly above Marco in speed. Plus, his usage of Kenbun would allow him to avoid Marco's attacks and counter quite easily.

With what? The shockwaves that he'd regenerate from?

He doesn't need his speed amps to still be cleanly above Marco in speed. Plus, his usage of Kenbun would allow him to avoid Marco's attacks and counter quite easily.
Marco also has Kenbun, fyi. Also I'm not sure Sanji would survive a shockwave to the brain

Usopp was able to survive a shockwave to the head. Sanji, who has regen and arguably better endurance than Usopp should be able to survive that.
Usopp also got headbutted by Ulti and ran through a brick wall by that mole lady from Baroque Works, he's a freak of nature.
Also did you notice Sanji's head is the only part that didn't get crushed during that attack from Queen?

Sanji has much better endurance feats than those lmao. Nice try though I guess.
Right. Like the time he got his leg cracked by Vergo? Or the time he nearly got ripped in half by King?
Which reminds me, what's stopping Marco from ripping Sanji apart with his talons/beak?

Like the time he got his leg cracked by Vergo?
And continued to fight and knock Vergo around despite having a cracked leg?
Or the time he nearly got ripped in half by King?
And got up right after just to get tortured by Black Maria, then right after that fight Queen?
what's stopping Marco from ripping Sanji apart with his talons/beak?
The fact that Sanji is now more resistant to cutting attacks due to his exoskeleton. Or he could just you know, dodge?

And continued to fight and knock Vergo around despite having a cracked leg?

And got up right after just to get tortured by Black Maria, then right after that fight Queen?

The fact that Sanji is now more resistant to cutting attacks due to his exoskeleton. Or he could just you know, dodge?
Sure, but his exoskeleton isn't that strong, and Marco has dura neg attacks ( like that shockwave attack he used on Queen ) anyway.

Kachon, Monkeman is simply debating and you're lashing out at him.
I debunk his shitty excuses for arguments over and over and over again, and he just keeps repeating it.

I'm done with this thread. I'm unfollowing it. Remove my vote if you want I don't really give a flying **** about this anymore.

I debunk his shitty excuses for arguments over and over and over again, and he just keeps repeating it.

I'm done with this thread. I'm unfollowing it. Remove my vote if you want I don't really give a flying **** about this anymore.
Dude it's a vsbattles thread you're getting kind of heated honestly
Sorry if I'm frustrating you right now but it's just a friendly little debate about One Piece at the end of the day.
Edit: tbf though you're not really providing solid evidence as to why Sanji would beat Marco so it's hard to really agree with some of the things you say..

All the characters you named are slower than Sanji. They're speed scaling is much lower on the chain.

Kizaru ~ Akainu ~ 1 Homie Big Mom ~ Marco ~ Queen Reactions < Onigashima Diable Sanji (blitz) << Post-Exo Base Sanji < Diable Post-Exo Sanji < Ifrit Post-Exo Sanji
Isn’t Kizaru faster than Akainu? Based on being the faster Admiral? Or that doesn’t apply for Fleet Admiral Akainu?

I guess I'm gonna clean this all up now by disproving Sanji's speed and durability:
Sanji dodging lasers was due to him having Observation and the lasers having a visual cue ( Queen saying the name of the attack and his eyes sparking when it charged up ), it's not exactly a speed/reaction feat, he just had common sense and jumped out of the way.
Compare this to Marco coming out of no where to intercept a giant ball of light from Kizaru ( Kizaru also has Observation, btw, and didn't see that coming still )
About him going fast enough to turn invisible: That'd probably work for a bit, but Marco will probably still be able to tag him/see him due to Observation Haki. And as Queen pointed out, after a while he's going to grow tired of it and stop doing it due to his stamina, so it'd just be like this eventually:
unknown.png

His durability is formidable, but Marco has dura neg ( if you want a full list for why he can hurt Sanji look at the one KingTempest made that I posted some minutes ago ) and Sanji's exoskeleton still has it's limits ( he did tank Queen's sword, but he said ouch and it dented his facial cheek a bit. And it's the same for him getting his bones crushed, he still remarked that it stung a bit, he evidently felt pain regardless ).
When was it stated that Kizaru is the fastest admiral?

Even if that was the case, that still doesn't change anything.
It's pretty obvious, since he can turn into light and travel at light speed, and that's mixed with the fact that he's fast even without his DF, just not as fast as he is with his DF.

It's pretty obvious, since he can turn into light and travel at light speed, and that's mixed with the fact that he's fast even without his DF, just not as fast as he is with his DF.
So Kizaru being the fastest admiral has 0 statements, and is headcannon, is what I'm hearing.
Marco coming out of no where to intercept a giant ball of light from Kizaru
Are you ignoring Kizaru saying "yasakani no magatama"?

latest

So Kizaru being the fastest admiral has 0 statements, and is headcannon, is what I'm hearing.

Are you ignoring Kizaru saying "yasakani no magatama"?

latest
Who cares? Marco still wasn't there when the attack was unleashed but he appeared right before it hit Whitebeard.

Back