• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It is this power that will allow the creator to start a new cycle of creation."

Right there my boy, it doesnt get any more blatant in saying that its a reset than that.

If anything this supports that being a low 2-C feat because it's says she can start a new cycle of creation in other words a new space-time continuum

Except there is zero proof the flow of time was a part of the original cycle of creation in Bayonetta, so this is false.

WeeklyBattles said:
"It is this power that will allow the creator to start a new cycle of creation."

Right there my boy, it doesnt get any more blatant in saying that its a reset than that.
It is a universal reset, I agree. Yet to see any proof of time being resetted along with it, however.

WeeklyBattles said:
Except there is, because there are worlds that are stated to exist outside of the natural flow of time
And this is relevant how?

So the existence of parallel worlds where time doesn't exist somehow means those worlds were created before time itself began? This is, yet again, a non-sequitur.

There is literally no quote in Bayonetta that establishes time was created by Aesir or anybody else. We never ever give universal creators Low 2-C without direct proof of a space-time continuum being created. This is asking to give the verse special treatment.

ParadoxIndifferent said:
There is literally no quote in Bayonetta that establishes time was created by Aesir or anybody else. We never ever give universal creators Low 2-C without direct proof of a space-time continuum being created. This is asking to give the verse special treatment.
Actually with our reworking of 3-A and Low 2-C we will be doing so

WeeklyBattles said:
The fact that in the same quote they refer to the Word's history and then say that it will start anew is proof my guy
The world's history that every single statement clarifies doesn't mean the time-continuum but just the records of the old history, yes.

The statement I quoted to you doesn't even say that, by the way

To recapitulate for those coming from the outside:

The Eyes of the World are stated in the lore two different times to be capable of viewing the past, present and future in the form of visions, and to be capable of recording those different moments in time as "memories" that can be sometimes accessed by a multitude of different people. This is the power the Eyes have that allows them to oversee History. Therefore, whenever someone mentions that the Eyes are capable of "creating history" or "giving rise into a new history", they are referring to this power - the power of viewing the past and the future and recording them through hax. Given that those quotes are tangled with the "time will begin anew" quote, the context that is implied is that the memories of history of the old universe would be destroyed, replaced with a new history. This is strongly inferred from the fact that Luka states something among the lines of "you don't need the Eyes to shape your own future" to Bayonetta in Bayo 2, among several quotes I mentioned in my first post in this thread.

The Eyes are the power-source of the two people with the 3-A feats in the verse, Jubileus and Loptr, and it is established they inherit its ability to oversee history and use its visions to mold it as well. Therefore, the context shown by the series strongly infers that the two statements made regarding "recreating history" and the one "time will be reborn" statement are referring to no more than this aspect of the Eyes, not to a space-time reset.

Well, i did say initially that I was neutral, but thanks anyway

I could clearly tell which way you were leaning

Crimson Shadow101 said:
I could clearly tell which way you were leaning
I mean, you can actually argue against the proposition and remain neutral. Not like these two are mutually exclusive.

Btw, you forgot to count Dienomite, I assume he's against Low 2-C as well.

Kepekley23 said:
As much as I'd like Low 2-C Bayonetta, Paradox is making more sense here, and being less circular.
I don't think Bayo herself should be low 2-C but I think the gods should be or at least considered to be possibly low 2-C

I don't think it was suggested to scale to Bayonetta herself, just the Gods. And Kep was probably referring to the Verse, not the character.

I meant both.

Since Weekly was planning to upgrade Bayo herself at some point in the future using these statements and I was waiting for that.

Inb4 Bayonetta 3, while delayed till at least 2020, comes and gives everyone a bunch of upgrades beyond 2-C

Well... for now, I think Paradox and Kepe make the most sense, though I would still like to see the official CRT about scaling Bayo to Aesir from Weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back