• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm doing this again: Fire Dragon vs Dragon of Wrath

Delta3000 said:
@dragon emperour23.
Well when he fought Mard he ran out of magic about 5 seconds after activating his dragon force. additionally none of his powered up forms seem to last very long any way.
He was fighting against mardgeer for a long time, and few min ago he fight againt temp in lfdm, which also drains his power, and he activate df on his own, idk how he have stamina problem

Id
20181004 002519 rmedited
k where are you get that atlash flame fire is not hellfire
2nd) their is no one comment that tell how mel will wins, They only comment i see is natsu cant eat hellfire, so mel one shot with hellfire

Delta3000 said:
@dragon emperour23.
Well when he fought Mard he ran out of magic about 5 seconds after activating his dragon force. additionally none of his powered up forms seem to last very long any way.
Ignoring the fact he has been fighting for whole day and at one point having some of his magic drained. The fact he can still pack a punch after all the ***** he has been through is impressive enough to me.

Re reading the arguments above, did someone equate dragon fire to normal fire? Because all they say is Natsu only eats normal flames and thus can't eat the Hellfire.

Yes, people are calling Natsus dragon slayer fire magic the same as normal fire. They're also equalizing God Flames and Hellfire which have nothing in common besides the color.

I wouldn't call fire came from magic as "regular fire", especially said fire can melt stone when being used by some fodder. DS fire is on higher level than that, Natsu ate GS fire with a simple trick.

He fought Tempester before Mard so by your admission he was only fighting Mard for a few minutes which isn't that long, also by your admission Natsu's powered up forms drain his power which would explain why his powered up forms don't seem to last long; Hence why I say he has a stamina problem.

Actually, LFDM specifically drains him but even that barely drains him after 2nd Origin. Natsu basically fought a bunch of fodder, fought Franmalth, fought Tempester, fought Etherious Tempester, fought Mard, fought Etherious Mard, this basically happened all day.

In the scenario that Natsu couldn't eat Mel's flames (I'm just saying this as a possibility), Natsu would still just burn away the flames with his own. They're not dura negging, there are no special properties to them and Natsu would just burn them like he could to any basic fire magic user. Also with the fairy forest example that people keep bringing up. Saying normal fire can't burn it doesn't mean the forest has fire resistance. If Natsu couldn't burn Goku, does that mean that Goku has fire resistance? No, it means that Goku's Durability is better than Natsu's fire. (I only used Goku as an analogy to the tree to represent that with better durability, you will not be hurt by an attack weaker than yourself.) The Red Demon just had greater AP than the Forest had dura. That's all there was to it.

AnonymousBlank said:
Actually, LFDM specifically drains him but even that barely drains him after 2nd Origin. Natsu basically fought a bunch of fodder, fought Franmalth, fought Tempester, fought Etherious Tempester, fought Mard, fought Etherious Mard, this basically happened all day.
^ What Blank said. He literally was having his soul absorbed and was constantly fighting. That's not bad for his stamina, that shows how good his stamina is.

Delta3000 wrote:
He fought Tempester before Mard so by your admission he was only fighting Mard for a few minutes which isn't that long, also by your admission Natsu's powered up forms drain his power which would explain why his powered up forms don't seem to last long; Hence why I say he has a stamina problem.
Got captured by Silver and had his magic sealed. Fought Franmalt and got some his magic drained. Fought Tempester (more like beating the shit outta him with LFD) before Torafuzar drop an ocean onto them. Fought Mard Geer until the end. (btw the arc last long until night so it was more than few minutes).

Also this version of Mel don't got OP Regen, since this form of Mel was cut and it didn't heal till Elizabeth healed him, the reasons for Meliodas were debunked, all he has here is his physical attacks, which is not good enough to put Natsu Down

Gargoyle One said:
I lean towards Meliodes myself
On top of everything already stated Meliodes's Regenerationn is vastly better and renders Natsu incapable of killing him unless he were to punch Meliodes in half which is going to be incredibly hard to do against an incredible swordsman with around equal AP that can also fly.
aye garg, no regen for mel in this form, also no flight

I don't get the scaling. It says demon mel is high 7-a for beating Ban and Ban is high 7-a for ripping off mel's arm and then there's a bunch of the other characters with the same reasoning.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Mel for the reasons above.
Could you be specific? The reasons have all been debunked for Mel and the reason they're still in the OP is because the OP is at work and can't look at the thread rn.

I don't see anything that suggests the votes for Mel being debunked. At best they're being argued which the Mel voters haven't responded to. And my main reasons are for Full Counter, allowing Mel to hit Natsu with twice the strength, clones and better experience. I won't go into who's more skilled since both fight differently thus we can't say who's the better fighter.

1. Natsu is not hurt by his own flames, he's been attacked by an attack that does the exact same thing as Full Counter and was completely unaffected. It multiplies the power of the opponent's attack and sends it back at them. Natsu tanked it like a joke.

Mel doesn't have clones in this form.

Better experience at what?

1: That's the thing, they won't be his flames anymore, they'll be a attack that's doubled in AP and sent back at him. I'm also curious to see when that's ever happened, I don't recall Natsu ever tanking a attack that was thrown back at him with double the force or he'd be High 7-A.

2: My bad.

3: Better experience in overall combat, he's been fighting for much longer than Natsu has and that's obvious due to his age.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
1: That's the thing, they won't be his flames anymore, they'll be a attack that's doubled in AP and sent back at him. I'm also curious to see when that's ever happened, I don't recall Natsu ever tanking a attack that was thrown back at him with double the force or he'd be High 7-A.
3: Better experience in overall combat, he's been fighting for much longer than Natsu has and that's obvious due to his age.
Overall combat doesn't really help when Natsu fights a specific way. Even if he has been fighting for longer, the soldiers during the war used swords and the angels used ark. Not much for expierence vs melee users.

Calaca Vs said:
  • Atlas's flames aren't hellfire so Natsu should have problems eating Mel's Hellfire. And I don't even think Sealed and Unarmed Mel can use it so it's a moot point.
  • Mel can Full Counter close ranged attacks (Guila) so he can reflect Natsu's.
  • To avoid more stuff about it we should say that Natsu's tactics skills and Mel's experience counter each other. It's safe to say that Natsu would get a slight edge tho.
  • Natsu wouldn't be harmed by his own flames but he'll lost energy if he doesn't recharge it.
I'll post the rest of the things that have been discussed.

• Even if Natsu can eat Hellfire this Mel doesn't use it in-character. He didn't do it until he got Liz's Sword and I asked before if this would be better with Mel having said weapon but nobody answered so he'll keep unarmed.
  • I don't see enough evidence to say that Mel can't FC melee attacks given that he deflected Guila's when it made contact with him and Natsu always covers his body with fire so it's easy target for Mel's FC. And no, Guila's attack wasn't a projectile because Mel deflected at close range when it made contact.
  • Mel's fighting style heavily relies on counters so Natsu can't properly anticipate an enemy who waits for him to move to do his best tricks.
  • I'll say it again: Mel's Full Counter can't affect Natsu but Natsu's stamina'll decrease more easily. and Mel'll be unaffected by Natsu's attacks if he can deflects they. The AP difference is negligible and Natsu has no ways to 'lol nope' Mel's attacks the same way Mel has. He'll lose energy quicker than Mel and both'll take damage due to the fact that Mel apparently has no regen in this form. But still he'll took less damage than all of you are suggesting.
  • I don't know if he can use Revenge Counter if he gets too pushed or even if he can do it w/o Lostvayne. I don't remember if somebody tried to debunk this either.
The count still the same unless the votes that are based on poor reasoning and someone prove this by quoting they.

Is there anything else? I probably missed something.

Mel: 8

Nat: 4

The vote count may change if someone quotes a vote without good reasons.

Why would he lose stamina more easily because Mel used Full Counter? After the first attack he would just not cover his fists in flames. Mel wouldn't be able to reflect the flames off of Natsu's torso because he to touch the torso to to do that and Natsu would punch him before he can reach it.

IIRC Natsu only spams his flames in every form, even against characters who can nullify/absorb/reflect them.

What did he do after he tanked his own reflected attack?

Calaca Vs said:
IIRC Natsu only spams his flames in every form, even against characters who can nullify/absorb/reflect them.
What did he do after he tanked his own reflected attack?
The pan brothers were the only one who could and he used the surprise of tanking attack to hit them before the dude with the reflection pan could reflect it again.

They were weak, the Reflect attack was just their main trick. After Natsu dodged the pan that could Reflect, he oneshot them. Another thing to factor into this fight is that Natsu has Rage Power and will get stronger as the fight goes on. Multiple things could piss him off, like the reflection of his attacks and the enemy being annoying to fight.

DragonEmperor23 said:
They were weak, the Reflect attack was just their main trick. After Natsu dodged the pan that could Reflect, he oneshot them. Another thing to factor into this fight is that Natsu has Rage Power and will get stronger as the fight goes on. Multiple things could piss him off, like the reflection of his attacks and the enemy being annoying to fight.
What I meant is HOW did he defeated them.

Rage Power is a boost yeah but when Natsu's rages he uses his magic even more. A good hit'll damage Mel but that doesn't null the FC. And being angry make you use more energy in your attacks so he'll be wasting more energy.

And stop asking every single person what reasons are they voting. I wrote a summary above and the majority has read the thread.

@Astral

Counted.

Except when Natsu gets angry, he will hit harder and defeat Mel before he gets tired.

Your summary was just that Natsu would run out of stamina first and Mel would win.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Except when Natsu gets angry, he will hit harder and defeat Mel before he gets tired.
Your summary was just that Natsu would run out of stamina first and Mel would win.
I said that Natsu'll hit harder. IDK why are you pointing this. Rage Power only increases his power unless you prove that speed gets increased aswell to blitz Meliodas turning the FC useless.

Of course you're missing the part where I stated that Natsu could eat Hellfire but Mel's unlikely to do it in this key.

Or the fact that Natsu is a better fighter despite Mel's experience. I'll add that if Mel goes offensive he'll fall at Natsu's best department.

He's stronger and more skilled and can win if Mel goes crazy or underestimate Natsu.

Current situation is Mel winning cause he has some advantages that doesn't entirely counter Natsu but still works. I just summarized the thread. That's why I went to that end.

Back