• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm doing this again: Fire Dragon vs Dragon of Wrath

I'm saying, you're asking that Natsu repeats that whole phrase where he states everything he has memorized about the opponent every time he fights someone. It would basically be a copy and paste with a few words changed. Occam's Razor dictates that he still does it, he just doesn't say it out loud.

When exactly? I don't need explicits statements but enough feats to prove that he can analyze their opponents and overwhelm them with that and not because 'muh friends make me strong'.

I'm saying that if he is shown to memorize enemy's tactics and then he doesn't repeat it again, it's more likely that he didn't just say it out loud instead of him forgetting this extremely useful ability which I don't even think is possible to forget.

If he did it once and never shown it again then it's hardly applicable. I don't need Lucy screaming 'he learned his fighting style' if Natsu shows himself overwhelming his opponent the same way he did to Sting and Rogue. But I'm still waiting the proofs of it cause the much I think about it it's more doubtful.

By that logic any character who has used a hax once should lose their hax. What do you mean by him overwhelming the opponent? If he is that skilled and the opponent is able to keep up, then that means the opponent is skilled as well.

I don't think that kind of things works like that. But I'll drop the subject cause this isn't the place to do so.

@Dragon you do know there's ways around exposition to the enemy right? Like hearing what they're thinking, or being surprised that his analysis skill doesn't work. The fact that he rarely has shown this ever again is not a factor here since he's hardly shown to do it again.

Theglassman12 said:
@Dragon you do know there's ways around exposition to the enemy right? Like hearing what they're thinking, or being surprised that his analysis skill doesn't work. The fact that he rarely has shown this ever again is not a factor here since he's hardly shown to do it again.
I don't think he's fought anyone with telepathy since then. Why would he be surprised, it's not like he treats it as some ultra skill, he's nonchalant about it.

I feel a little insulted that after repeating myself again and again and again, my point about Hellblaze was reduced to Lancelot, are you saying they are black and their name has hell so he can't eat those flames? That's stupid!

All I said pertaining that is up there, ask me again if needed or just read it. Honestly can't bother.

Also, Calaca has a point about the analyzing. Natsu still gets battered up a lot of times in fights with people that can challenge him after this statement - so where is this memorization?

As for the frequency, Meliodas has been shown using the flames while sealed and while only having the dragon handle. Problem is that he's either not trying to kill (people forget these are powerful, inextinguishable flames. Not exactly a subduing tool) or he goes for what he knows best. But that's no precedent for saying he won't use them.

The example about the dude that threw Natsu's flames back at him also doesn't have a lot of relevance, I never said Mel could hurt him with his own flams. August fire attack is way above what Natsu could do at the moment he received it, but it still didn't do much for how much power it packed. I only argued even if he could suck the hellblaze and use it in an attack like God Flames, then he's sending an attack that Meliodas CAN FC, and that WILL hurt even if it's flames.

As for Revenge Counter, even back while he was sealed the highest stat Meliodas had was Will. Unless he manages to knock him out the hardway or kill him, I don't doubt he will be able to use it,

Finally as for experience, I feel a damn big downplay. Zeldris was sealed for 3000 years and even he knew about many of the special fighting skills from past heroes in the sword Excalibur, like the art of a blind swordman that could repel all surprise attacks. Natsu is skilled, but his focus in battles is rarely a lack of skill, but a lack of pure power or speed.

That's not what i meant. Natsu can say in his own mind that it's not working, or something along those lines, and we the viewers can see that he can do it more than once. But there's nothing like that ever mentioned. So again, that's a moot point to bring in the first place.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I really need to learn how to summarize xD...
  • This is done with * at the first part.
And this surrounding the sentence in =

Theglassman12 said:
That's not what i meant. Natsu can say in his own mind that it's not working, or something along those lines, and we the viewers can see that he can do it more than once. But there's nothing like that ever mentioned. So again, that's a moot point to bring in the first place.
It's not a moot point. Memorizing the fight styles isn't something that goes away if he doesn't mention it every fight. That's like saying Meliodas doesn't have 3,000 years of fighting if he doesn't say that he fought in a war for 3,000 years every time he gets in a fight.

DragonEmperor23 said:
It's not a moot point. Memorizing the fight styles isn't something that goes away if he doesn't mention it every fight. That's like saying Meliodas doesn't have 3,000 years of fighting if he doesn't say that he fought in a war for 3,000 years every time he gets in a fight.
Dragon, you told me about False Equivalences, so don't be using one right now.

Eh, for him using the flames in general people already debunked that above and I wasn't the one that said that.

No, in the situation where Natsu ate hellfire and then Mel FC'd the hellfire back at Natsu, it still wouldn't hurt natsu because he's tanked his own flames. Once he eats an element it doesn't hurt him anymore.

No, you've debunked nothing. You've argued back why that wouldn't be the case. Stop talking like after giving your examples, what I said instantly loses value.

@Dragon it is a moot point since when it comes to like every single character that has something noteworthy that would give them the edge in a fight, they would mention how their abilities or skills aren't working in ways that doesn't seem hamfisted. So once again, it's a moot point cause he never shown this skill ever again.

I meant the people arguing Natsu, not to mention you've mentioned our reasoning being debunked before dragon so don't try.

Anyways, I don't remember anyone mentioning the fact Natsu became immune to lightning after the Hades battle, and I don't see anything besides fire and cold temperature immunity in his profile. Even the memorization issue isn't listed, so is this a character in a need of a CRT or are you people pulling stuff out of nowhere?

I don't get it, FC won't do anything to Natsu, Hellblaze will just power Natsu up, and This Mel don't have the Regen, so why is there such a high Mel over Natsu, All Mel would have in this fight is Hand to Hand, both are pretty much equal in skill, and have fought many different opponents, at that point it really just is who has the higher AP, which is Natsu, so he should take it... simple

Theglassman12 said:
@Dragon it is a moot point since when it comes to like every single character that has something noteworthy that would give them the edge in a fight, they would mention how their abilities or skills aren't working in ways that doesn't seem hamfisted. So once again, it's a moot point cause he never shown this skill ever again.
I guess every time Mel gets in a fight and isn't winning he should complain about his 3,000 years of war not helping./s

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I meant the people arguing Natsu, not to mention you've mentioned our reasoning being debunked before dragon so don't try.
Anyways, I don't remember anyone mentioning the fact Natsu became immune to lightning after the Hades battle, and I don't see anything besides fire and cold temperature immunity in his profile. Even the memorization issue isn't listed, so is this a character in a need of a CRT or are you people pulling stuff out of nowhere?
1. For the third time, I have not argued against Mel using hellfire.

2. It's in his intelligence stat. At least read the profile before accusing me of misinformation.

@Dragon right cause experience in battle should TOTALLY be the same thing as a skill that would give the edge in battle.

@Dragon when have I ever said that. I never once mentioned his skill. I mentioned how this whole "I understand your fighting style" thing is not a factor here when he's never shown to use it.

What I'm gathering all Glass said was that Natsu doesn't counter his opponents fighting style since it's inconsistent. Not that he's not skilled. You assumed that yourself.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I don't get it, FC won't do anything to Natsu, Hellblaze will just power Natsu up, and This Mel don't have the Regen, so why is there such a high Mel over Natsu, All Mel would have in this fight is Hand to Hand, both are pretty much equal in skill, and have fought many different opponents, at that point it really just is who has the higher AP, which is Natsu, so he should take it... simple
FC doesn't need to do anything. Mel doesn't use Hellfire in-character in this key and the skill it's being discussed for being inconsistent or non-existent after one time.

So in the end it comes down to who can hit harder, Natsu and Meliodas are straight forward fighters, so it should be the one with the higher AP that wins, so Natsu

The difference is that Natsu can't reflect attacks unlike Mel. FC gives Mel the advantage of reflect and deflect Natsu's attacks to take even less damage than he could give to Natsu.

Natsu will just stop using ranged attacks, and then it will once again boil down to who could hit harder and has better stamina, they are pretty much equal except Natsu has a slight edge, so that will give him the win

My first point went to Calaca, not you. I never said you claimed anything about the frequency.

Taskmaster's photographic reflex are put under enhanced senses. I would have imagined something as big as analyzing and memorizing an entire fighting style would have been more prominent and not just under intelligence.

Also, I wanted to ask. What's the AP for this Natsu calced from?

I'm starting to think we should ban Natsu vs Meliodas Battles, cause they always do the same thing, and go around in circles

It's just another Goku vs Superman, Madara vs Aizen, and Kaguya vs Yhwach

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I'm starting to think we should ban Natsu vs Meliodas Battles, cause they always do the same thing, and go around in circles
It's just another Goku vs Superman, Madara vs Aizen, and Kaguya vs Yhwach
True. I think those are banned cause they are controversial. We're not getting into fights with each other verbally, we just can't come to a conclusion. People in those matches cuss the other people out, which is just too much for a simple vs thread.

@Demon this matchup isn't even controversial, nor does it even make any toxicity on the levels of those matches.

Back