• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr's High 6-A tournament: match two, round one; Chad (SuperStar) vs Arthur Pendragon

Chad has the following resistances:

Soul Physiology:

Fullbringer Physiology:
Cool but Arthur abilities are above baseline. What stops Arthur from absorbing Chad?

Okay well Chad resists Paralysis ala Soul Physiology so... what else would he use against a human?
He would the power of chaos then or just crush Chad with telekinesis or absorb him or just fight and outskill him if he feels like it.

Anyway I voting Arthur for his more likely win cons(absobtion, outskilling, telekinesis crush and etc while being unkillable with type 5 and regeneration)

I don't care about this match, but I want to talk.

Arthur has precog.

So what stops Arthur from seeing what Chad is going to do, dodge or defend (if he has the resistance to Cath's soul by absorbing him) and then cut Chad through the spatial cut?

With Excalibur helping him dodge and counterattack based on that.
Analytical Prediction and Instinctive Reaction via Dance of Avidya (A technique created by a blind swordsman, capable of countering any and all manner of surprise attacks)

Reactive Evolution (It could adapt to change its shape and grow stronger depending on its wielder's power)

Furthermore, I think Arthur has an advantage in range, considering this is going to be a "whoever hits first wins".

Chad: Range: Standard Melee Range, Tens of Meters with energy beams

Arthur: Range: Extended Melee Range with his sword | Extended Melee Range with Excalibur; Tens of Meters with air slashes | Interplanetary (The Chaos's power can reset the world and destroy all realms with their forms and structures)

I mean, unless Chad can act as a soul without going to the afterlife. So Arthur won't be able to do anything, I don't think, since I don't see any soul NPI for him.

He (Cath) doesn't seem to use Telekinesis to crush his opponents? From his profile it seems that he uses it to float himself and control objects like armor to attack opponents. I feel like if he really wanted to, he would've manipulated Zeldris to attack Cusack or vice versa, but didn't.

I don't care about this match, but I want to talk.

Arthur has precog.

So what stops Arthur from seeing what Chad is going to do, dodge or defend (if he has the resistance to Cath's soul by absorbing him) and then cut Chad through the spatial cut?

With Excalibur helping him dodge and counterattack based on that.

Furthermore, I think Arthur has an advantage in range, considering this is going to be a "whoever hits first wins".

I mean, unless Chad can act as a soul without going to the afterlife. So Arthur won't be able to do anything, I don't think, since I don't see any soul NPI for him.
He manipulated the souls of Galand and melascula in order to receive them

He (Cath) doesn't seem to use Telekinesis to crush his opponents? From his profile it seems that he uses it to float himself and control objects like armor to attack opponents. I feel like if he really wanted to, he would've manipulated Zeldris to attack Cusack or vice versa, but didn't.
Because they where way stronger they shrugged off his attacks so why use telekinesis on them?

NGL, I'm really just giving Chad the benefit of the doubt here. How I see the match playing out is Chad running up to Arthur, Arthur attempting to stun him with Paralysis; Chad is unaffected. They then get into close combat, which Arthur heavily outskills and just has far better advantages due to Dance of Avidya, meaning that any sneak or surprise attack Chad tries to throw at Arthur, Arthur can react accordingly. Chad doesn't even have any sneak attacks really, he's pretty direct, all things considered. Yeah he's a boxer, but there's so much you can do against a trained king who's fought in wars.

Arthur takes this low diff. I can only see Chad winning if he lands one of his hits, which IMO, is less likely than Arthur's more solid advantages.
If Chad doesn't attempt a long range attack at first, he will probably get cut.
I mean, it's just a huge blast, even if he shoots it out, Arthur can dodge it really easily lol. It's like trying to dodge a Kamehameh.

Arthur takes this low diff. I can only see Chad winning if he lands one of his hits, which IMO, is less likely than Arthur's more solid wincons.
And it may not be a hit kill, I don't think the law/physics thing is used in an offensive way to give a hit kill.

Because I don't see the physiology of the soul having resistance to law/physics because of the fullbrings and not even the shinigamis having this resistance. So it doesn't even seem to be something used offensively in a way that denies durability (otherwise I think that the fullbringers themselves or other races, characters would have resistance to this)

And it has the resistance of Arthur's soul. Unless I missed something that is used offensively that would negate the durability.

as I expected lol nobody came to Chad's defense.

(makes you wonder about the eagerness to vote for Chad's "wincons" so early in the match)

Back