• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm doing this again: Fire Dragon vs Dragon of Wrath

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
They both realize they're Demons, who have busty girlfriends, are part of a group of rebelsl and have issues with their Black Haired Brothers who are currently dealing with the death of their Lover, due to their similarities, they sit down and have a beer together and drink the night away
Still think this is what would happen

What??? I don't know how you went from revenge counter being white to flames being black. You know that in the anime, it shows that the hellflames are black right? Obviously in a black and white manga, it's going to look like it's black and white. That doesn't mean the characters are actually only colored in shades of black and white.

Why do you keep using this False Equivalency of God flames and Hellfire? They're both very different things. God Flames don't negate regen and Hellfire isn't resistant to absorption. Stop applying a different technique's abilities to hellfire when that's not how it works.

Your point makes literally no sense because we have seen flames, we have seen explosions, like Guila's. We have seen fire in a dozen other manga and the general details hardly vary, but you are telling me the very black ball of fire the Red demon is spewing, which is literal black at the edges, is normal fire because the anime showed it was normal fire, unlike the manga which is the source material?

Dragon, at no point have God Flames been said to be resistant to absorption. Stop with this head canon unless you can bring proof. Wasn't it just you who said they are the opposite of his flames so he needs to make space for them by getting rid of his normal flames and becoming an empty vessel? You are flip flopping with your reasons then because the nature of Natsu's magic clashing with Zancrow's doesn't equal absorption negation.

And I am not using False Equivalence, I am pointing the obvious fact Natsu couldn't absorb flames ONE TIME, when the flames weren't normal flames at all. Hellblaze is no normal flame, what about this is so incredibly hard to grasp?

Even the Jackal justification doesn't fly because the end product it's an explosion and flames, very normal flames unless I missed how they were different beyond the foulness of curses and curses shrugging at anti magic. Thing is, you can also make a flame that shrugs at anti magic by burning some gas. Different procedure same end result (unless of course, I can see some scans claiming how the properties of the end result of curses are any different from a 'normal' counterpart, or inferring such).

Lastly, I still see no counters to Revenge Counter and I believe we settled Guila used her attack at close range with her sword, so Natsu with flames in his body shouldn't be different

Natsu and Lucy are so stereotypical shonen cliche romance it's not even funny. The guy is stupid when it comes to the romance, the girl is secretly atracted to him (even secret for her), it has unnecesary fanservice and the classic 'save the princess'.

I don't like Mel and Elizabeth neither but Natsu x Lucy is unbearable old and boring.

Well, at least it's an official couple and not a shipp

Incidentally, is there any character from FT 7-A strong or with a hax good enough to put against this girl? I'm going to make that match tomorrow or the day after tomorrow since I'm starting her anime today

I mean, Zeref and Mavis are the best written couple in Fairy Tail, so yeah Natsu and Lucy are Cliche, but I still love em

I mean, the body gave birth so... yeah, I mean at that point he was a 300 year virgin, so could you blame him

That's his fault. He was a nerd experimenting with magic science and stuff.

Anyway we should stop the derail.

Oh yay, I was trolled on another random wiki 4 times, that's swell... when will these Trolls just stop

The manga isn't in color, it's in black and white. Show me where someone uses an attack in the manga and in the middle of all the black and white, there's a single color. I don't know what point you are trying to make, there are no colors in mangas. That's like saying colors are non canon, it doesn't make any sense.

No, I said the flames were resistant to being absorbed because they were God flames and that Natsu couldn't retain them because it rejected his dragon flames.

Let me repeat what your saying back to you. Zancrow's fire is black and resisted Natsu eating it. Hellfire is also black and negates Regenerationn. Because they are similar, Natsu can't eat it. Do you see how little sense this makes? There is no common ground between the two besides them having hax attached to them and their color which literally doesn't matter for Natsu in the slightest. What's so hard to grasp is how you refuse to see that because two things have one broad detail in common, that doesn't let one of them do the exact same thing as the other. That's exactly what a False Equivalency is, treating things that aren't the same, the same as each other.

No, Guila's Magic let's her explode things. If she covered her sword in explosion, then it would be constantly exploding. All she did was explode the area in front of her sword.

1:02 This is an ability she consistenly has been shown to use.
Guila2

I got a picture of the same scene from the manga, just so you know it's accurate. And while it's here, you can see that the explosion is black. Does that mean that Guila uses hellflames too? No, it's because mangas only come in black and white.

@Theglassman

No disrespect to Guts, he been through way more Sh*t then almost anyone, his baby is a demon fetus, so yeah, if anyone deserves a happy ending, it's guts, casca, and their moonlight baby

I was moreso talking about him being born out of his mother's corpse after a massacre. But yeah, demon fetus sucks

Theglassman
You think that's weird? Guts would like a word with you. OvO

Why you gotta remind me of the endless suffering ;u;? At least Casca looked nice in that dress...

@Dragon No color is a poor excuse. Go and read the side story where the demon destroys the Fairy Forest, then go see Hellblaze used in the manga elsewhere. Compare to any other time they show an explosion and fire. The difference is obvious enough that it feels like you are just grasping for anything to argue back.

No, you are the one bringing up the fact that they are black flames. Zancrow's flames are not normal flames, neither is Hellblaze. Even when Natsu ate them, he didn't recharge or regenerate or use the flame ever again, nor did he grow resistant to them. Did Occam's Razor stop mattering? Not to mention you keep missing my second point - Natsu does the same thing, eats it, expels it all back in one big attack. He still doesn't have resistance so Meliodas Full Counters, and now the atatck is back in his face at twice power. If he can even try to eat it, the same thing just repeats. Not that Mel needs it to repeat, he just needs to attack while he's busy trying to eat them to not get damaged.

The part you are missing is her using the explode after making contact with her sword, using it through her sword. Her sword wouldn't be exploding everytime, that's what controlling your power means. You asked if Meliodas could vanish, and by extension, Full Counter the flames on Natsu's body. They are still magic, ranged or not, just like Explosion is magic, even though Guila used it from the tip of her rapier (which obviously made contact).

Dumb isn't always bad. Resident Evil is completely dumb, but it has its own charm with its dumbness. Same for like Supernatural, Rick and Morty, or like anything that is dumb when you break it down.

Guila2
Hey, a normal explosion!

Hey, purgatory flames that look nothing like Guila's explosion! Is that Elaine calling them purgatory flames...? Can't get more specific than that.

Soo... yeah.
If after this you can actually still say the demon used normal fire to burn the forest, you are just grasping desperately at whatever.

I just mean't the absurdity of most stories, like there are some crazy things out there cough cough Evangelion, School Days, and Berserk

Still love em tho... except SAO

You are using no color as an excuse. You are saying that because the manga is black and white, the demon is using hellfire and not normal fire like seen in the anime. See how Guila's explosion is partially black, but she is not a hellfire user.

Occam's razor is when you choose the most likely one. This is grasping for straws. You're saying that Natsu can't eat hellfire because it can negate Regenerationn when he has never struggled to eat flames because they can negate Regenerationn. Natsu won't spam, he's not stupid. He'll just punch him after the first reflect.

Except covering your sword in explosion magic = your sword is exploding. Controlling your magic is making it explode infront of the sword, which is what Guila is doing. Except Mel has never been shown to reflect non projectiles. He's just reflecting the explosion away which is a projectile because it's expanding in all directions. Of course it made contact, Mel has to make contact to reflect. He's not going to be able to reflect the magic off of Natsu because the magic isn't touching Mel, it's on Natsu.

Supernatural is the kind of show very aware of it's dumb and running along with it.

When the fangirls don't wanna rip Dean's clothes apart...

Regardless, aren't we derailing a little too much?

I'm done arguing, I've made my points, It always turns into a hellstorm when discussing Natsu vs Meliodas, I mean This is the 5th time this match has happened, so at this point I'm just gonna see what happens

The Hellblaze is drawn a very specific way. Dragon, honest to God, you are using this faulty logic to call Red Demon's Hellblaze, very obviously drawn different to any other flame, normal flames because the anime showed it that way. That's not an argument, that's a big reach.

Please, oh dear please, show me any point in which I said the fact it stops Regenerationn has anything to do with it. You are now putting words in my mouth, and blatantly at that. I was describing the characteristics of Hellblaze that obviously show it is very different from normal flames, and you went into a complete tangent.

In that case, you are telling me now he could deflect Crimson Lotus: Fire Dragon Fist because each explosion stretches outwardly after his fists make contact, turning it into a projectile.You are blatantly disregarding the tip of her rapier is making contact with the crystal before exploding in the very image you sent, very much so melee range. In the images I sent, the explosion is starting after Mel swings his sword to Counter as you can see the arc, and the light of the explosion is turning to her. If you wanna just ignore that, then go right ahead.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I'm done arguing, I've made my points, It always turns into a hellstorm when discussing Natsu vs Meliodas
Hehehehehehe, I see what you did there. ;)

Silver is a Devil Slayer tho. But that's not the point. I stated that Mel using FC'll do nothing to Natsu. The only thing it'll do is decrease Natsu's stamina cause he can't eat his own flames.

All slayer are same in term of magic absorption and resistance, thats why the called slayer wizard

Screenshot 20181003-134506
Screenshot 20181003-134541
Screenshot 20181003-134554
All slayer are same

Firstly, manga scan >>>>>> anime scan.

Secondly, in the previous thread that was accepted as a mistranslation.

Back