• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm not convinced by either the stealth argument or deadshot attacks.

Stealth is all well an good but the justification on Halibel's profile just covers base ESP and Enhanced senses. Natsu's ESP and Enhanced senses covers a vast array of detection methods
Enhanced Senses (Using his physical senses, he can sense a targets location, sense a target's true physiology, sense dangerous attacks, sense intention to do evil, sense invisible beings, sense if a spell is on an object, sense if someone's smell matches the smell of something else, and sense if someone is alive or not even if they have been absorbed)
Extrasensory Perception (Can determine the strength of an enemy, sense the nature of magic, location of magic, and sense any changes within said magic)
Unless Halibel's justification is out of date, I don't see him sneaking past Natsu.

As far as Deadshot's powernull, we're clearly forgetting about Natsu's own powernul as well. Which can negate other forms of powernull such as Atlas flame's

I would like to point out no one has brought up counters to Natsu screaming so loud it bursts Halibel's ear drums, nor Natsu fear haxing him.

As far as Deadshot's powernull
Oh something funny about the powernull ehhhh, Halibel don't even have that in his profile yet, so people are arguing for a thing that he don't have in his profile.
Which is very dishonest, but is a good that is accepted now, and the profile will have that tomorrow.
Which can negate other forms of powernull such as Atlas flame's
Can you show scan? Because depending how It works, that may not work, since the two powernull seems different. If Natsu can null one powernull, don't mean he can null the other. According to the page for powernull.
It would be a No Limits Fallacy to assume someone with this ability can nullify anything that falls within the phenomena their powers are made to counter. It is to be assumed that any negation power has its limitations based on the strongest thing it has nullified, and also that a character may be resistant to the ability, at least in one of its forms, preventing it from having its usual effects.

That go both ways tbh, since Halibel would need feats to powernull Natsu Flames. (He can't null Gray attacks, since he resist)

That's not possible. If hallibel avoided passives by sneaking past the user then those weren't passive abilities
In case you wanted to see it.
Cecilus: “By any chance, is this appearing on the both of you as well?”

Al: “…Yeah. Oi, Groovy-san. I thought we shouldn’t be able to be detected with this cloak…”

Groovy: “Shit… Hk! You gotta be ******* kidding me…!”

Al and Groovy seemed to be in the same situation as Cecilus, and Groovy’s discomposure, or rather, his anger was especially quite immense.

Maybe it was because someone had seen through the effects of the fur cloak that he was so confident in? ――No, that was not quite right.

If the other party had located Cecilus and the others, they would not leave the three of them in the state of being a sandwich for so long. Of course, one could also say that these thorns were a warning.

Al: “Doesn’t seem like it. What do you think?”

Groovy: “――It’s an indiscriminate ranged attack. What kind of ******* wanker does that!? Who in the ****’s spilling out such braindead cursecraft…!?”

Groovy’s throat shook with rage, and he cursed the irrationality of the yet-to-be-seen master of the thorns. –Arc 8, Chapter 39
Narrowing the eyes concealed by his white eyebrows, Olbart held his breath in the Crystal Palace, which he was in the midst of infiltrating by his lonesome.

Invisibility that eliminated one’s presence as much as possible, it was something that lived up to the name of the shinobi’s head honcho―― having his presence be seized was a must-not, and that included that he’d had to go unnoticed while picking off the guards he did.

Were his presence to be detected, thereby including him as a target of the Curse of Thorns, Olbart would be made powerless. He was weak to pain. The mere thought of thorns stabbing into his heart made him want to toss in his sleep.

In order to avoid that, Olbart had been taking the utmost care in his movements. –Arc 8, Chapter 58

I'm not convinced by either the stealth argument or deadshot attacks.

Stealth is all well an good but the justification on Halibel's profile just covers base ESP and Enhanced senses. Natsu's ESP and Enhanced senses covers a vast array of detection methods

Unless Halibel's justification is out of date, I don't see him sneaking past Natsu.
His profile is outdated, and we have provided scans for every detection method available, which proves that he remains undetectable to both of them.
As far as Deadshot's powernull, we're clearly forgetting about Natsu's own powernul as well. Which can negate other forms of powernull such as Atlas flame's

I would like to point out no one has brought up counters to Natsu screaming so loud it bursts Halibel's ear drums, nor Natsu fear haxing him.
Halibel is unaffected by Cecilus (and literally every warrior)
And can fight Reinhard who is comparable to Reid who:

Lets assume for a second that Halibel even gets his ears blown out, it would still not significantly impact his ability to fight that's because he could fight Eugard whose curse of thorns inflicts unbearable pain, even for people who could take physical damage to the point of death without any trouble. In fact, this pain (to the soul) could leave them instantly incapacitated WANTING to die instead
He also got his bones broken and insides destroyed in that same fight and waved it off, continuing to fight, just to back this pain resistance feat up.
He has ESP so it wouldnt really do anything to his senses either when even mid tiers like Elsa Granhiert could fight without any of her senses and target her opponents vitals based on intuition alone.
BTW, he could probably just null the sound itself since wind magic also has sound manipulation in it and he can null magic.

Oh and for the people that didnt know already, he actually one shots because deadspot targets an attack/persons weak spot which doesn't seem to be smth Natsu resists

Last edited:
Halibel is unaffected by Cecilus (and literally every warrior
He still would need to have resistance to fear inducement in his profile trought.
BTW, he could probably just null the sound itself since wind magic also has sound manipulation in it and he can null magic.
What? Do I really need to explain why that makes no sense?
he can null magic.
Natsu gonna scream so loud that Halibel ears are gonna explode, which is not Magic

Oh and for the people that didnt know already, he actually one shots because deadspot targets an attack/persons weak spot
Can you stop saying things is not on his profile yet? Natsu and Gray still resist anyway.

He still would need to have resistance to fear inducement in his profile trought.

What? Do I really need to explain why that makes no sense?

Can you stop saying things is not on his profile yet? Natsu and Gray still resist anyway.
I already gave the scans and reasoning, it was well known that Halibel is going through major revisions so it not being on his profile was obvious
I also did tell you that you shouldn't make a matchup for him yet, didn't i?
Whats the point of this anyway if it gets removed from the profiles in a week

In case you wanted to see it.
I'm not sure whether to blame this on powerscaling brainrot but similar to the skill slop, one shouldn't take everything they read at face value, at least read between the lines and break it down.
Were his presence to be detected, thereby including him as a target of the Curse of Thorns, Olbart would be made powerless.
Yeah, this isn't passive, it's automatic targeting similar to how JJK domains can't target things without CE. A real passive would affect everything in its area of influence.

I already gave the scans and reasoning,
it was well known that Halibel is going through major revisions so it not being on his profile was obvious
No It was not, the fact that you still was arguing things that was not on his profile to say he wins is still wrong.
Also "Major revision"? He only gained 7 new abilities, which only one being relevant for this match.
I also did tell you that you shouldn't make a matchup for him yet, didn't i?
No? you only asked my reasoning for doing so, you never said I should't do It.
Whats the point of this anyway if it gets removed from the profiles in a week
Satella, Satella, Stella, Ella-Chan....
Dontt worry about It, is not gonna get removed in a week.

I'm not sure whether to blame this on powerscaling brainrot but similar to the skill slop, one shouldn't take everything they read at face value, at least read between the lines and break it down.
Yeah, this isn't passive, it's automatic targeting similar to how JJK domains can't target things without CE. A real passive would affect everything in its area of influence.
I'm not sure whether you didn't read or didn't understand what was happening in the first scan, which was necessary to understand my point, but I'll break it down to make it clearer.

The Curse of Thorns is most definitely a passive ability, it's a Curse which applies the pain of thorns piercing one's heart to anyone within a several-hundred-meter radius, indiscriminately affecting people regardless of whether they are detected, hence why it worked on Groovy/Al/Cecilus despite them having their presence hidden by the Divine Protection of Ambush:
Groovy: “Put a ******* sock in it! Our presence may be hidden, but our sounds and smells aren’t! If the nearby fucknuggets notice and surround us, we’ll be in some deep ******* shit!”

Al: “Both of you are too loud…! And don’t wiggle, or I’ll fall…!”

Complaining and shaking Al’s shoulders, the two of them wrapped in the same cloak were reprimanded.

The fur cloak that Groovy had prepared was quite the impressive piece of work. Apparently, it was an exceptional item that could be used to prevent the wearer from attracting the attention of others.

Rowan, Heinkel, and Groovy had used this fur cloak to slip past the enemy’s radar, and enter the Imperial Capital.

In fact, though they had chosen an inconspicuous road, the fur cloak likely played the largest role in the fact that they had not been found once by the undead
Groovy: “It’s because they’re ******* hard to find in the first place. The whole race’s under a Divine Protection, just like ground dragons or the Uruha people of the Holy Kingdom. If you skin them alive, the Divine Protection remains on their pelt. It’s an effective use of those sneaky *******.”

Al: “The Divine Protection of the Concealing Cloud…?”

Groovy: “Ahh? So you know about that ******* old-fashioned name for it. Divine Protection of Ambush is more common… although the topic of ******* werewolves isn’t too common to begin with.”
Cecilus: “By any chance, is this appearing on the both of you as well?”

Al: “…Yeah. Oi, Groovy-san. I thought we shouldn’t be able to be detected with this cloak…

Groovy: “****… Hk! You gotta be ******* kidding me…!”

Al and Groovy seemed to be in the same situation as Cecilus, and Groovy’s discomposure, or rather, his anger was especially quite immense.

Maybe it was because someone had seen through the effects of the fur cloak that he was so confident in? ――No, that was not quite right.

If the other party had located Cecilus and the others, they would not leave the three of them in the state of being a sandwich for so long. Of course, one could also say that these thorns were a warning.

Al: “Doesn’t seem like it. What do you think?”

Groovy: “――It’s an indiscriminate ranged attack. What kind of ******* wanker does that!? Who in the ****’s spilling out such braindead cursecraft…!?”

It's always active and affecting anyone around the source of the curse, Eugard, and does not deactivate:
――The Curse of Thorns placed upon Eugard, was a terribly cruel yet simple thing.

That was to say, through the binding of thorns, an unbearable agony that gnawed at his heart had been bestowed upon him.

And, that was also something that applied to those in Eugard’s surroundings.

If the young Eugard were to cry and scream at the pain of the curse, his family members and servants would try to save him from it. But, when attempting to get close to him, they would all be caught up in the curse, and would thus refuse to approach.

Within such solitude, the curse aimed to kill Eugard amidst the pain―― that was the true form of the Curse of Thorns placed upon Eugard.

Due to the dreadfully ruthless Curse of Thorns, Eugard should have been unable to even reach the Imperial Selection Ceremony, and should have been a tragic Imperial whose life came to a quick close.

That would have been the synopsis that the person who had ordered for the curse to be placed upon Eugard had in mind; but here, a huge, huge, so huge that it would go on to change the destiny of the Empire, coincidence had arisen.

By birth, Eugard had analgesia, the inability to feel pain.

Therefore, the Curse of Thorns, constantly active as it was, bestowed not pain upon Eugard himself, but granted it, continuously, to those around him only; as a result, he was left completely alone.

What would this be, if not a passive ability? And yet despite all of this, the Shinobi technique of invisibility can hide the user's presence even from the Curse of Thorns.

Yeah after this I'm 100% ghosting this thread.
Ah, so It WAS on purpose. Makes sense.
powder-that-makes-you-say-big-shot-v0-mwznw75nquob1.png

Yeah, which one you prefer.

I generally prefer scalies, I think they are more sexy, Fur is kinda overrated.
"Uh is more confortable" i hate when people use that argument like is a fact, when I myself prefer to touch scalies. They texture is👌
fur is soft to touch, love cats and dogs. Snakes and Turtles on the other hand are all slithery and sometimes even slimy (still love 'em tho)

Back