• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 57: 5 minutes namek meme is back and All shirts are off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friezas has hax that works on 4Ds, bitch pls.

What more do you need for "Limited 4D" High 3-A frieza ovo

Ryukama said:
I love how excited everyone got thinking that having rubble fall on Toppo was a good move.
I'm sorry but the show's writing can be pretty trash some times. "I feel like I could blow away a universe in one shot" one episode to "This attack can destroy a planet!" a few later.

Not gonna lie, at that part I was like: "That thing you could do ever since base, extremely casually at that...? ...Yeaaah 'k, that's totally going to work. Go for it. Yaaay"

For a second I thought they were trying to make him waste that aura of destruction by making rubble fall on him, so I (non ironically) thought "Yeah, throwing the rocks will keep making him waste energy of destruction on pointless targets until it wears off or something." LOL

I like how the next episode is clearly foreshadowing Frieza bidding his time. After Toppo started attacking Vegeta Frieza just vanished from the entire episode.

One thing I really don't like, episodes 110 and 111 made it seem like remotely approaching Jiren is absolutely hopeless unless you have Ultra Instinct. Now you have SSBKK Goku, Vegeta and even 17 appearing to do alright against him, or at least not being utterly demolished. I know it's weird, but to me it makes this intimidating aura surrounding Jiren's immense power seem greatly lessened.

Low 2-C 17 when? The guy deserves it ovo

Now that I think it, 17 didnt have a problem with anyone except Anilaza and Toppo.Huh.

And people doubted 17 being blue level.

Anyone notice the morality of this episode.

Toppo fights for his whole universe

Vegeta fights for his family (and race)

Toppo is willing to "cast aside things" for the greater good

Vegeta is not wiling to cast aside anything

Toppo accepts it when it's over

Vegeta doesn't

In the end, It is Toppo who loses and It is Jiren who shames him (for unknown reasons). Toppo clearly shows a logical side of the brain, protecting the majority of people, including the means to sacrifice some things to protect greater things. Vegeta shows an emotional side. Despite it being "illogical" to win (As Toppo said, it was pointless trying to defeat him,) Vegeta still uses his determination to win. values the minority close to him instead of the majority (being the whole universe).

Is Toei trying to send a message here, that illogical determination > logical sacrifice?

People still doubt it even now. Also I think 17's profile needs to be updated a bit he has shown that he can somewhat hold his own against Base Toppo a SSBKKx2 Lvl fighter all by himself for a while and even managed to somewhat damage him and push him back.

EdgarDom said:
So it seems that the description for Hakai needs to be redone, because now apparently you can just punch through it if you're really strong. Doesn't deny conventional durability.

In such cases I'm pretty sure the character who punched through it gets resistance to said hax rather than we outright labeling that the hax isn't hax.

That would be assuming just about anyone would be able to punch through existence erasure when it's actually Vegeta who has a feat of doing something he shouldn't be able to based on sheer strength/0 resistances.

He also had his energy around his fist AND said type of existence erasure was tangible and punchable. So I'd say he gets resistance, but I hope people keep in mind HOW he has such a resistance.

Unless you think Vegeta could punch away Monika or Bernkastel's (if he was on her tier level)

lel at someone even making Vegeta vs B E R N K A S T E L of all people.

That would be the day.

I mean.

She's extremely high at 1-A scales.

But yeah, of course every resistance has its levels.

@Megamangohan I'm pretty sure Toppo doesn't care about the greater good rather his own survival at the moment. Also what he cast away was justice itself. He essentially gave up his morality for the sake of survival. He also shows contempt and a desire for other universes, which host innocent people, to be destroyed. I think Toei's intent is more to show that Toppo abandonned his identity (which was a righteous idenitity that cared for others) whereas Vegeta stayed true to who he is and continued to fight for those close to him.

I think when he said "survival," he ment the survival of his own universe and not just himself.

my proof is way before the tournament he was sitting next to Kahseral and another looking worried.

If he says that he doesn't care about justice anymore, that he's beyond the notions of what's right or wrong and he wants other universes filled with innocent people to get destroyed, I feel like that he cares far more about himself than any greater good or the well being of his universe.

FateAlbane said:
Jiren is pissed like that guy who ends up doing 99% of the teamwork at school because the other group members rely too much on him ovo
what I do to the smart ppl of my group OVO

when I said "greater good," I did not mean "greater" as in saving one universe and destroying seven. I actually meant his desire was "greater" than Vegeta's. Vegeta wants to protect his family and the Sayian race, which is not bad don't get me wrong. But Toppo is after his own universe.

I personally believe Toppo's desires are rooted in the lesser evil, while Vegeta's desires are based on an even lesser evil than Toppos already and in it of itslef lesser evil.

Vegeta was definitly portayed as a good guy in the eyes of the viewer this episode. But despite his desires being more selfless than usual Vegeta, I think they are rooted in emotion, while Toppo's are rooted in logic.

As for why Toppo appears to not care about the other universes, this I can't answer.

Ryukama said:
I love how excited everyone got thinking that having rubble fall on Toppo was a good move.
I'm sorry but the show's writing can be pretty trash some times. "I feel like I could blow away a universe in one shot" one episode to "This attack can destroy a planet!" a few later.

I'm going to put a stupid question out there, does Frieza even know that he is a universe buster?
Considering his ridiculously fast growth i can believe that he doesn't, he went from being planet level to universe in a few months, he may not be aware of that.

Edit: I think something is wrong with the website today, had to publish my comment twice, first time didn't appear.

In terms of how this episode looked, it can be praised. But this episode can burn in F***ing hell for all I care, in terms of writting. Toppos character was threaded like sh*t and jiren is a GENERIC VILLIAN TYPE CHARACTER NOW? DEFUQ?!?!? Who wrote this episode? I honestly hope they get explosive diarrhea tonight.

@Megaman Both of them want their universes spared. Toppo, at least in most likelihood, only wants his universe spared for himself. Vegeta wants his universe spared for his family, to keep his promise, and for the saiyan race. Toppo originally wanted his universe saved for selfless reasons, but he abandonned those selfless reasons. Vegeta never abdandonned his selfless reasons. That's why Vegeta is being portrayed as the good one.

@Gr8Gr3yM Frieza at his absolute weakest is a dwarf star buster, not a planet buster. And he should have some idea what he's capable of, as nearly every DB character does. Also the writers obviously didn't write that line in thinking "Frieza's actually a universe buster but he probably wouldn't know that since he became a universe buster so suddenly therefore he's going to downplay himself and claim his universe busting attack is only planet busting"

It's just inconsistent writing and a low end outlier for the series.

Ryukama said:
@Megaman Both of them want their universes spared. Toppo, at least in most likelihood, only wants his universe spared for himself. Vegeta wants his universe spared for his family, to keep his promise, and for the saiyan race. Toppo originally wanted his universe saved for selfless reasons, but he abandonned those selfless reasons. Vegeta never abdandonned his selfless reasons. That's why Vegeta is being portrayed as the good one.
interesting perspective

Ovrhide said:
In terms of how this episode looked, it can be praised. But this episode can burn in F***ing hell for all I care, in terms of writting. Toppos character was threaded like sh*t and jiren is a GENERIC VILLIAN TYPE CHARACTER NOW? DEFUQ?!?!? Who wrote this episode? I honestly hope they get explosive diarrhea tonight.

jesus christ, He's had ONE line so far showing it, wait till next episode atleast.

> Vegeta smashes hakai ball with his ki punch

> Vegeta smashes bigger hakai ball from the inside with his ki release

And people still say having sufficient enough ki doesn't provide any resistance to some hax.

What really irks me is seeing Vegeta powered back up to Beyond Blue in the next episode preview. What was all that about him using up his energy and barely being able to stand? I would have actually liked if him being completely drained to be a real comprimise, but so much for that.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
What really irks me is seeing Vegeta powered back up to Beyond Blue in the next episode preview. What was all that about him using up his energy and barely being able to stand? I would have actually liked if him being completely drained to be a real comprimise, but so much for that.

Man 17 could juice him with his infinite energy.

Ryukama said:
Jiren finally gets a personality. Too bad it's the shittiest most generic personality...

Ryu, I think it'd best to wait till we see more of Jiren's character before we jump to conclusions. So....wait till the dan thing is over.

Jiren has been in more episodes than most anime main characters and had the personality of a wooden plank until this episode where he shows a generic, cocky bad guy attitude. I think it's fair to judge him for now. If his character actually becomes decent in the final few episodes DBS has then great. However I'm not withholding from criticisms until then.

Ryukama said:
Jiren has been in more episodes than most anime main characters and had the personality of a wooden plank until this episode where he shows a generic, cocky bad guy attitude. I think it's fair to judge him for now. If his character actually becomes decent in the final few episodes DBS has then great. However I'm not withholding from criticisms until then.

Nani? All you did was quote the post without saying anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back