• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimension Of Whirling Lights Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dimension of strange swirling lights is a location that was accidentally accessed by Gogeta and Broly during their battle.
The official Dragon Ball Super website showed us that this dimension consists of the following information

I want you to do something new that takes advantage of the characteristics of CG.'' It's going to be a technical story, but there is a software called "Unity" that is good at constantly moving things around with a lot of information in real time. It's software often used in games, but this time we're using it to battle in a place that doesn't actually exist, like a different dimension. Yokoo: If you give the software information about what kind of atmosphere it should have, it will create a CG world that will make you think, "How about something like that?" Seeing this, we were also surprised: "Wow, it's going to be like this!" Different dimensions are expressed in mathematical formulas and converted into 3D. The techniques I used in other works were developed in this work, but I still don't understand it (laughs).

Being a structure being Superdimensional as on the official Dragon Ball website ( taken from the Dragon Ball Super Broly anime comics )

I come to bring some news about my research on this dimension and new evidence about it, before I didn't have enough evidence, but now I have enough for it to be accepted at least 3-A

How can I know that this dimension is an entirely different spacetime?

The novel describes that Gogeta and Broly distorted space-time to enter such a dimension, there they fought and broke several dimensional walls inside, which really describes that the Universe separates this dimension through space and time.

Excerpt from the novel:

With this impulse, space-time distorts and the two fight within a cracked dimensional wall, colliding with even greater intensity. It is an unprecedented collision of power against power.

Link to the translation made on the website

The complete Dragon Ball Super Brolly novel is here for anyone who wants to read it and get answers to their questions and information about it.

Okay, but as I know that this dimension is at least at the Universal 3-A level, well it is mentioned by someone within the team that the battle was on a "universal scale" in the 2018 Brolly film

Before the release of "Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO", the new film in the "Dragon Ball" series, which is based on the mega-hit manga series by legendary manga artist Akira Toriyama, on April 22 as a Golden Week of the film, we will explain some highlights of the film here. The "Super" series is a manga anime series that began in 2015 and covers the 10-year gap between Majin Buu's defeat and the final chapter of the original story. The last film in the series, "Dragon Ball Super: Broly", released in 2018, was a huge success, grossing more than a billion yen at the box office, thanks to the incredible visuals of the battles between the Saiyans. Just like in the last film, in "SUPER HERO", Akira Toriyama, the author of the original work, will be responsible for the script and character design. According to Akio Lyoku, head of Shueisha's Dragon Ball Room Rights Division, the story outline for this film was completed during the production of Broly. "As Akira Toriyama accepted a new challenge with 'Broly, he was quite excited about the final product and said 'Let's start working on the next one!' In 2013, he wrote the story and script for the first film in 17 years, 'Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods", and it seemed to me that his desire to take these characters to the next level was very high. But he didn't want to force it. 'Broly' was the story of a final battle, so he wanted to do something a little different , and that's how this work began." (Mr. Tyoku)

The main points were "introducing characters from the past and returning to the roots, the "Earth is in danger" stage, but as time passed, Goku and Vegeta became stronger, and the scale of the battles increased, and the last film took the form of a "Battle on a universal scale." "We wanted to write other characters besides Goku and Vegeta. This time, Gohan and Piccolo play a very active role, and as we think about the story, we feel it's important to consider what the fans want. Of course, Gohan and Piccolo are popular characters, so we wanted them to play an active role in the film.

Iyoku says Toriyama started on the Super Hero script before the release of DBS: Broly. It's a change of pace from the universal scale battles like the Broly movie and whatnot, with the story focusing on a threat to Earth and Gohan + Piccolo rather than Goku + Vegeta.

Translation credits Hermes

Being mentioned in the work being another world in a different dimension

客からのような掛け声や、異次元のような世界など、新しい趣向が多かったですね。

There were many new ideas, such as the audience's cheers and the world (世界) that felt like it was from a different dimension (異次元).

So we did things like having magma gush out due to the ferocity of their fight, and we also had them end up in another dimension at one point.Then

Counter arguments about it not being size 3-A or at least 2-C

The dimension of swirling lights supported the power of two 2-C level beings scaled to at least 3 Universal-sized spacetimes (so this dimension would have at least 2-C durability when withstanding such attacks contained in the maximum forms of their peaks). or your structure would be size 2-C for that), But I'm very generous, we can assume that at least it is 3-A/2-C through its durability

Result:

What do I want here? Redo what I did when adding her to the DBS multiverse, to add information about her size and durability and proof that she would be a space-time at least 3-A/2-C (with the durability to withstand several attacks from two characters 2-C ), I also can't forget that she is completely outside of Dragon Ball's realitystated several times by the screenwriter and creatorsit is not in the same physical place as the normal Dragon Ball Universetherefore it is another space-time outside of Universe 7 with Universal size.

Last edited:
Okay, but as I know that this dimension is at least at the Universal 3-A level, well it is mentioned by someone within the team that the battle was on a "universal scale" in the 2018 Brolly film

The clash between Broly and Gogeta, as you showed, affected all of Universe 7's space time, aka it is a battle on a universal scale simply because they affected the entire universe in it, this is not a statement about the size of the dimension of swirling lights at all, it is a statement about the power of both Broly and Gogeta and the scope of how big of an effect their battle had

Translation credits Hermes

There were many new ideas, such as the audience's cheers and the world (世界) that felt like it was from a different dimension (異次元).

Being a different Dimensions means nothing to size and it is what we already accept

Counter arguments about it not being size 3-A or at least 2-C

The dimension of swirling lights supported the power of two 2-C level beings scaled to at least 3 Universal-sized spacetimes (so this dimension would have at least 2-C durability when withstanding such attacks contained in the maximum forms of their peaks). or your structure would be size 2-C for that), But I'm very generous, we can assume that at least it is 3-A/low2-C
you can't use evidence for 2-C durability and then say that it is 3-A or low 2-C because you are "generous", that is not how this works, you are suggesting a 2-C for durability for it with this evidence, not low 2-C or 3-A

Result:

What do I want here? Redo what I did when adding her to the DBS multiverse, to add information about her size and durability and proof that she would be a space-time at least 3-A/2-C (with the durability to withstand several attacks from two characters 2-C ), I also can't forget that she is completely outside of Dragon Ball's realitystated several times by the screenwriter and creatorsit is not in the same physical place as the normal Dragon Ball Universetherefore it is another space-time outside of Universe 7 with Universal size.
ok then, so Goku and Co wouldn't scale to destroying it in BoG like it was in the past, since it is completely outside of the Macrocosm

I disagree with it being low 2-C or 3-A, no information about its size was brought here at all

Let's clarify one thing, they only distorted space-time to access that dimension, theoretically there is no mention of it affecting all space-time on a Universal scale (because the Universe was not affected, otherwise even Universe 7 would go to ditch, so it's not exactly that), but rather that it is affecting the space-time that separates Universe 7 from the other dimension, every text about the team member is talking about the dimension itself, especially because it is not mentioned at any time distort space-time on a Universal scale, we see this during the feat in question, let's use an example where Gotenks distorts space-time to leave a dimension, the same case can be used here

What we notice is that there is still a spacetime separating from the normal Universe, which would make it another spacetime by default.

The fact in question is in the very dimension that supported such an attack, you cannot say that it is not 3-A because no, you have to present evidence for that, I clearly proved that the dimension is supported to be 3-A with the mention from the entire team, how do we deal with such a dimension supporting two 2-C beings and how is this not at least 3-A/ 2-C?

How can I know that this dimension is an entirely different spacetime?

The novel describes that Gogeta and Broly distorted space-time to enter such a dimension, there they fought and broke several dimensional walls inside, which really describes that the Universe separates this dimension through space and time.
I agree
I don't think this implies the DOSL is the same size as the universe
not a statement on size
not a statement on size
The dimension of swirling lights supported the power of two 2-C level beings scaled to at least 3 Universal-sized spacetimes (so this dimension would have at least 2-C durability when withstanding such attacks contained in the maximum forms of their peaks). or your structure would be size 2-C for that), But I'm very generous, we can assume that at least it is 3-A/low2-C
having 2-C durability whilst unusual, isn't a statement on size

I agree it's a separate spacetime, but I don't think you've presented any evidence of it's size.

However, if it has 2-C durability, wouldn't that serve the same function as having 2-C size as far as scaling is concerned anyway?

I agree

not a statement on size

not a statement on size

I agree it's a separate spacetime, but I don't think you've presented any evidence of it's size.

However, if it has 2-C durability, wouldn't that serve the same function as having 2-C size as far as scaling is concerned anyway?
I understand your point, I asked to close this as I am no longer interested in continuing with this.

I understand your point, I asked to close this as I am no longer interested in continuing with this.
well hang on, you have brought up something worth discussing though.

you have proved it's a separate spacetime from the U7 macrocosm and you have demonstrated it has durability > U7 size.

whether or not this could be added as another 3 (or whatever the number is) universes worth of AP to Zeno is worth discussing

Shouldn't the realm actually have 12 2-C durability for enduring Broly and Gogeta clashing? For the same reason shaking the WoV was accepted as 6 2-C? Two 6 2-Cs couldn't break out of the realm but then they powered up to their strongest forms and did so.

FPSS Broly + SSB Gogeta > Swirling Lights Dimension (At least 12 2-C) > SS1 Gogeta + SS1 Broly (Both 6 2-C, so 12 2-C with combined power)

In the manga continuity the dimension would be at least 6 2-C durability via that same World of Void logic.

Shouldn't the realm actually have 12 2-C durability for enduring Broly and Gogeta clashing? For the same reason shaking the WoV was accepted as 6 2-C? Two 6 2-Cs couldn't break out of the realm but then they powered up to their strongest forms and did so.

FPSS Broly + SSB Gogeta > Swirling Lights Dimension (At least 12 2-C) > SS1 Gogeta + SS1 Broly (Both 6 2-C, so 12 2-C with combined power)

In the manga continuity the dimension would be at least 6 2-C durability via that same World of Void logic.
This looks good

Oh actually checking it, it seems the logic used was the whole "2 GoDs clashing would destroy 2 Macrocosms" thing. So perhaps that wouldn't apply? Still, two 6 2-C fighters clashing did nothing to the realm but then their combined full power did. So it should still be considered as at least 6 2-C durability rather than just 3 2-C.

This looks good
Depends a lot on how staff would interpret it.

Oh actually checking it, it seems the logic used was the whole "2 GoDs clashing would destroy 2 Macrocosms" thing. So perhaps that wouldn't apply? Still, two 6 2-C fighters clashing did nothing to the realm but then their combined full power did. So it should still be considered as at least 6 2-C durability rather than just 3 2-C.

Depends a lot on how staff would interpret it.
I hope they look at this carefully, we have too much evidence to deny it.

DOSL is outside the Universe 7 macrocosm, so it's not gonna scale to the fist clash. Otherwise it'd circular scaling.

While there was nothing in the OP that gave proof of size, it having 2-C durability is something worth discussing.

Also no of that 'you did not cook' shit, have an actual discussion.

I agree

not a statement on size

not a statement on size

It is already accepted as a space time currently

Shouldn't the realm actually have 12 2-C durability for enduring Broly and Gogeta clashing? For the same reason shaking the WoV was accepted as 6 2-C?
shaking the WoV is 6 2-C because the clash of 2 GoDs, something that causes an event on that level

Two 6 2-Cs couldn't break out of the realm but then they powered up to their strongest forms and did so.

You can't use addition is tier 2 to get higher into it, that is not how it works

shaking the WoV is 6 2-C because the clash of 2 GoDs, something that causes an event on that level

You can't use addition is tier 2 to get higher into it, that is not how it works
Yes, I mentioned that in a response to my own post. Figured I'd keep it unedited just in-case.

Either way it should still scale to 6 2-C in the anime. SS1 Broly + Gogeta are 6 2-C and didn't break out of it with a clash but SSB + FPSS did. Meaning it can endure 6 2-C powers to an extent.

If the Swirling Lights dimension were accepted as having 6 2-C durability in the cosmology then that should apply to the DBS Manga continuity, upgrading relevant characters to 6 2-C starting with the Broly movie.

I don't think we even have any proposals anymore, DOSL ain't in the macrocosm and is already accepted as it's own space time. I think we are gonna be working towards maybe applying it to Gogeta Broly scaling if we haven't done that already.
The biggest deal is if it applies to the cosmology so we can upgrade the manga to 6 2-C.

Yes. From what I was told the cosmology is shared. So if the anime scaling has the dimension withstand 6 2-C power then it'd apply to the manga's version of it as well. So SSB Gogeta and FPSS Broly clashing would scale to the manga characters.
i'm not sure it would carry over like that?

i'm not sure it would carry over like that?
The cosmology blog that was accepted states GT and Toei are parallel timelines to DBS and that their statements/depictions can be used for the cosmology in DBS.

So if GT/Toei are accepted as parallel timelines why wouldn't the DBS Manga be a parallel timeline to the DBS Anime? If GT/Toei cosmology depictions can be applied to DBS via that logic then shouldn't the depiction of a dimension shared between the DBS Anime and Manga timelines be shared?

In that sense I don't see why the Swirling Lights dimension wouldn't be scaled to 6 2-C for the manga as well. It's the same dimension in two different timelines. Unless of course we just don't accept the DBS manga as a canonical parallel timeline to the DBS anime?

The cosmology blog that was accepted states GT and Toei are parallel timelines to DBS and that their statements/depictions can be used for the cosmology in DBS.

So if GT/Toei are accepted as parallel timelines why wouldn't the DBS Manga be a parallel timeline to the DBS Anime? If GT/Toei cosmology depictions can be applied to DBS via that logic then shouldn't the depiction of a dimension shared between the DBS Anime and Manga timelines be shared?

In that sense I don't see why the Swirling Lights dimension wouldn't be scaled to 6 2-C for the manga as well. It's the same dimension in two different timelines. Unless of course we just don't accept the DBS manga as a canonical parallel timeline to the DBS anime?
I just think that this blog should be updated, it has all the material about the infinite Universe that has been removed, although other new quotes about the infinite Universe may appear, we should not use any more that.

Oh right I never explicitly stated my opinion.

I agree with the dimension being a separate spacetime with 6 2-C durability based on the fight between SS1 Broly vs SS1 Gogeta not breaking them out while FPSS Broly vs SSB Gogeta did.

Since that should apply to the cosmology of the entire verse (from what I have been told) I would agree the manga should also get upgraded to 6 2-C starting with SS1 Broly/Gogeta.

Oh right I never explicitly stated my opinion.

I agree with the dimension being a separate spacetime with 6 2-C durability based on the fight between SS1 Broly vs SS1 Gogeta not breaking them out while FPSS Broly vs SSB Gogeta did.

Since that should apply to the cosmology of the entire verse (from what I have been told) I would agree the manga should also get upgraded to 6 2-C starting with SS1 Broly/Gogeta.
Neutral as usual.
As it turns out, I don't think I'm actually able to tag people, so unfortunately I can't
What do you think?

I don’t even think the Dimension of Strange Swirling Lights should even be considered a universe honestly. Nothing suggests it’s the size of one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back