• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 Dragon Ball Is Finally Here, And Hypertimelines Are Back On The Menu! *Visible Groaning Ensues*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please read these disclaimers before responding, proceeding, or forming any first impressions regarding this thread🚫!​

Before pitchforks are readied at us for reattempting a rejected revision, we've obviously come prepared with new evidence. The discussion rules quite literally prohibit us from redoing a rejected CRT like this without allowing sufficient time to follow the last CRT unless we have something new to show for it. As the title implies, we now believe that there are ample grounds for the overarching timelines in the Dragon Ball cosmology to receive a Low 1-C rating based on a recent standards change.

I understand that many staff go out of their way to avoid tier 1 stuff, especially for topics like these which tend to involve confusing math and technicalities. However, I want to clarify that all the muddled discourse about the temporal dimension standards from the last CRT was primarily on account of users like myself misunderstanding and needlessly complicating stuff. This CRT isn't as long as it appears at first glance either, as I've left notes on what material can be skipped (though I strongly recommend against skipping anything). We've taken all the precedents into account, and carefully analyzed comments from Tier 1 experts to make this revision a smooth read and agreeable post. Without further ado, let's get into this.

How do temporal dimensions impact dimensional tiering?​

This is answered on the tiering system faq:
The relationship between the spatial dimensions of a universe and the additional temporal dimension(s) may be visualized as something akin to the frames of a movie placed side-by-side. Basically, the time-like direction may be thought of as a line comprised of uncountably infinite points, each of which is a static "snapshot" of the whole universe at any given moment, with the set of all such events comprising the totality of spacetime.

This structure can then be generalized to any amounts of dimensions, and is also the reason destroying a spacetime continuum is a greater feat than destroying only the contents of the physical universe (Low 2-C, rather than 3-A or High 3-A). So, for example, a spacetime continuum comprising two temporal dimensions (Instead of just one) would have an additional time direction whose "snapshots" correspond to the whole of a 4-dimensional spacetime, and so on and so forth.

Imagine space-time as a series of movie frames aligned under an extensive line. We could think of these frames as "snapshots:" static representations of the cosmos at a given time. Meanwhile, this line we call time extends infinitely to encompass the past, present, and future. Time is expected to be a continuum: a continuous parameter. This means time is not measured in discrete values: so not only does a timeline encompass infinite seconds, days, and years, but it contains every infinitesimal value in between. This is why the FAQ noted that a standard timeline is the equivalent of uncountably infinite snapshots of 3-dimensional volume. Time can be infinitely subdivided into infinitesimally small moments, each corresponding to a unique snapshot of the universe, culminating in a scope that can't be represented by an infinite set of real numbers. It's why destroying the whole fabric of space-time is a feat infinitely greater than destroying matter on a universal scale. A timeline contains snapshots for the past, present, and future, and destroying one is like destroying a universe uncountably infinitely many times over: eradicating it over every moment of its existence.

A typical space-time continuum projects a temporal dimension over a 3-dimensional space and dislocates it over the span of uncountably infinite moments. Given the continuous nature of time, this would result in the formation of uncountably infinite snapshots of 3-dimensional space. A continuum comprising of 2 temporal dimensions would have snapshots corresponding to an entire 4-dimensional space-time, and propagate a standard timeline through continuous change in an additional time direction.

When does an overarching timeline fail to qualify for Low 1-C?​

Simple Explanation​

You can model a cosmology with an overarching timeline in a way that makes it a larger hypervolume rather than a greater infinity. As explained by Executor_N0 right here, what determines spatiotemporal separation is the capacity for space-times to exist in parallel and therefore never intersect in space and [infinite] time. Since it has nothing to do with different time dimensions inherently, this means multiple space-time continuums can be serviced by a single time axis. The model in question takes advantage of this fact. The idea is, since spatiotemporal separation doesn't inherently introduce new time dimensions, you can assume that a single time axis (that of the overarching timeline) is a singular time dimension that services all of space-time. Therefore, a cosmology with an overarching timeline doesn't need to be modeled as a construction of two temporal dimensions. This means in order to prove that an overarching timeline makes a cosmology Low 1-C, you need evidence that the lesser space-times harbor their own time dimensions.

This single time axis model was created by DontTalk who elaborates on it here, here, and here. It was actually the model that got Low 1-C timelines rejected for Dragon Ball in the past. If that's easy to understand, you can skip the complex explanation below and move on to the next section.

Complex Explanation​

Let's model a multiverse of 12 universes. We start out with RxRxR, which represents standard 3-dimensional space (X*Y*Z, Length*Width*Depth). Throw in the uncountable set R, and you have (RxRxR)xR, representing Space*Time. We need a higher order space to describe these space-times as parallel to one another (the same way 1-dimensional lines can only exist in parallel under a 2-D coordinate plane), so our cartesian product comes down to (1x2x3x4,...,12)x(RxRxR)xR, with the countable set (1x2x3x4,...,12) representing 12 multiversal positions across a 5th axis.

On the other hand, let’s model a timeline that holds 12 lesser space-times. We still have individual universes modeled as RxRxR, and these universes still need to be spaced apart by a higher dimension to exist in parallel. However, why don't we introduce the set (1,2,3,4,...,12) right now to represent this extra spatial axis as the fourth dimension instead (which is arbitrary numbering, quite frankly)? Now to make a timeline out of this, we once again multiply the set R. With that, our new cartesian expression is Rx(1,2,3,4,...,12)x(RxRxR): a timeline consisting of 12 space-times. Just so we're clear:

Multiverse of 12 timelines: (1,2,3,4,...,12)x(RxRxR)xR

Timeline of 12 universes: Rx(1,2,3,4,...,12)x(RxRxR)

As you can see, the two constructions are the same thing: 2-C multiverses a rotation away from one another. Despite how we've depicted universes as 3-D areas, spaced apart by a 4-D space, which in turn has a 5th [temporal] dimension, are universes still Low 2-C constructs? Absolutely! This is because time is applied to all the universes across the 4th spatial dimension equally, and the bijection (multiplication) of the 12 universes (N)x(RxRxR) with the single time axis (R) provides every universe its own fabric of space-time (R1, R2, R3, etc.) Now let's represent the exact same thing with a different model, but focus on two lesser timelines and their behavior within this single time axis model.

Timeline A could be {(x,y,z,t,1)┃x,y,z,t∈R}, or in other words: the set of all points in 3 dimensions, at any given time, in multiversal position 1 (i.e. 1 is the position in the extra spatial dimension).

Timeline B could be: {(x,y,z,t,2)┃x,y,z,t∈R}, or in other words: the set of all points in 3 dimensions, at any given time, in multiversal position 1 (i.e. 1 is the position in the extra spatial dimension).

The universes are separated by time and space: they're spatially separate, temporally separate, and spatiotemporally separate. There is not a single point simultaneously in A and B because all points in A have 1 as the "5th axis," and all points in B have 2 as the "5th axis." However, as with any standard multiverse model, we've used 4 dimensions of space, 3 of which are significant, and a single dimension of time. Even though there are two different timelines, we don't need a new way of measuring time for each. Just one time axis works for both. That's why they share the same time axis, but they're still separate spatiotemporally.

Standards/Precedents​

I've already provided a simple and in-depth explanation of when overarching timelines qualify for Low 1-C. However, to ensure with absolute certainity that everyone's on the same page and knows "these are the temporal dimension standards, and this is why Dragon Ball meets them," I will directly quote a tier 1 expert's reasons for rejecting hypertimelines for Dragon Ball.

Remember how I said Low 1-C timelines were rejected for Dragon Ball using DontTalk's model? Well, here's a part of how it went down. Here, Gilver tries to argue that the Dragon Ball cosmology is Low 1-C since the multiverse is dislocated in an additional time direction
But as Ultima mentioned that any length of time in another axis of time suffices for "dislocation" as he put it

What I wanted show here is that these space-times flow forward in the flow of this higher time.

Lets take this and apply directly onto DB chronology.
In the past there were 18 space-times.
So the product will look like this at a single instant...."Zeroth" moment.
{1,2....18}×(R×R×R)×R

After some time " t" the 6 space-times are destroyed. And only 12 remain. Lets call this point of time in present as "t1".
So product will look like ...
{1....12}×(R×R×R)×R

So if were to sit outside the timeline and map all the progress of the universes from start uptill this point....

0+t=t1....or t=t1....basically the time interval.
[0,t1) is a uncountably large set , albiet not as large as R....but still uncountable, I believe this also called Cantor Set??
[0,t1)×{1...18}×(R×R×R)×R......
so this basically satisfies the condition for bijections of 5 sets containing uncountable elements I guess....

Low1C??

So basically I tried to map the journey of Present Timeline of DB and all universes inside it.
However, DontTalk contests this line of reasoning:
The initial construct is {1,2....18}×(R×R×R)×R.
After the destruction the construct is {1,2...., 12}×(R×R×R)×R.
The part destroyed is {12,...,18}×(R×R×R)×R.
That is 4D and equivalent to destroying 8 spacetimes. A 2-C feat.

While you could theoretically describe the process of the multiverse changing by adding a second time-axis, that is only a model on your part
and not something actually provided in the verse. Given that, you don't really know whether it actually is time-dimension-like or just a set of finite states. Furthermore, it is entirely irrelevant for the verse, since the time dimension you invented to describe the change of multiversal spacetime is not interacted with, or especially destroyed, by anything in Dragon Ball.
As DontTalk explains, you can't weasel your way into Low 1-C by providing these convoluted explanations for how space-time works differently and chalking it up to a higher time dimension; many explanations like that could be explained under the single time axis model anyway. What you need is cold hard evidence that the overarching timeline can be considered a second temporal dimension.

What is the new evidence that allows Dragon Ball to qualify for Low 1-C?​

This is the part most of you were waiting to see. As I've been explaining, an overarching timeline is only Low 1-C if you can confirm that the lesser space-times it services harbor their own time dimensions on top of being spatiotemporally separate: only then can you say the cosmology consists of two temporal dimensions. As for the evidence, we won't be providing it for acceptance in this CRT as it's been approved already. Through these two recent minor CRT's that aimed to increase the tier 2 justifications, it was accepted that the Low 2-C space-times of Dragon Ball are serviced by their own time dimensions. Beyond that, you have the overarching timeline we all know and love. This means technically speaking, the cosmology is already approved for Low 1-C. Our cosmology now has the exact same justifications as the hypertimelines which have been accepted already. This thread is just to have tier 1 formally accepted. I know I should end this CRT now, but knowing how Dragon Ball threads tend to go, I might as well address some potential talking points.

In a higher time dimension, time needs to flow in a different direction like backwards or diagonally.​

I can't believe I have to address this notion. So the basis for this is that an object in 1-dimensional space could only be displaced left/right along an R^1 coordinate axis. In R^2 space, a 2-dimensional object could displace itself in another direction and gain width. Following this same pattern, an object in 3-dimensional space could displace itself in a direction perpendicular to the last two. From there, a higher time dimension should demonstrate a perpendicular time flow, right? Most definitely not. Time is an independent parameter [unlike spatial dimensions] that can be applied to any dimensional space and is expected to propagate objects forward only and prohibit free movement in other directions. An "additional time direction" as described in the tiering system FAQ simply needs to overarch a space-time continuum with its own time axis as a part of its greater time flow.

I have no idea how this argument resonated with staff or other people in the past. The tiering pages make no mention of a requirement for a perpendicular time flow (they actually suggest the opposite, since non-linear flow of time is a natural phenomenon that can occur under a single space-time), none of the verses that have been approved for Low 1-C hypertimelines have had to prove this, and the person who proliferated this argument could be found on other time dimension threads refraining to use it: which means it was a bad faith argument from the get-go. To top it off, let me direct you back to this comment where DontTalk blatantly says that overarching timelines which propagate a multiverse in a new forward direction can qualify for Low 1-C, it's just not inherently tier 1 since the overarching timeline doesn't need to be a second time dimension:
While you could theoretically describe the process of the multiverse changing by adding a second time-axis, that is only a model on your part and not something actually provided in the verse.
I don't think I need to say more, I will never comprehend for the life of me how this clownery of an argument was ever taken seriously.

Higher dimensions still need to be of significant size.​

The problem is that we're dealing with an added temporal dimension here, and well... Ultima explains it better than I could:
It depends on how exactly higher-dimensional spaces relate to lower-dimensional ones in the cosmology proper. For instance, in a setting where an uncountably infinite number of 4-dimensional spacetimes is stacked up to form a tiny subset of a 5-dimensional universe, destroying the latter would obviously be a Low 1-C feat, but destroying a random 5-dimensional object whose mass is finite wouldn't be. Temporal dimensions are different in that they always form a structure which embeds uncountably infinite states of a universe's spatial volume within itself.
We already consider time dimensions to be of significant size, hence why the 4th dimension of a Low 2-C construct is considered to hold qualitative superiority even if we know nothing regarding the time dimension besides that it forms a continuum: this is because time is infinite by default, and bijects with a dimensional space to form uncountably infinitely many elements. Here's another statement Ultima made regarding time dimensions and their significance:
This is an extremely vapid argument because no one is really arguing that 6-D would be off of transcending a single, lone dimension, but off of transcending a multiverse that is 5-D by virtue of having 3 spatial dimensions + 2 temporal. At the very best this argument is just nitpicking what Strym said when he said "temporal dimensions are automatically qualitatively superior on the wiki."

And even humoring the logic here, the point itself doesn't really hold any water. The basic construction of a space with n dimensions is a Cartesian Product, A x B, which is basically just taking all of B and attaching a copy of it to each point of A (As in this table, which you can find on Wikipedia). In the case of a space with 3 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal, this would be R x R³, which means attaching a copy of R³ to each point of R. This is to say that the time dimension is the direction along which infinite instances of the universe are lined up. If you remove this direction, you eliminate all those instances, save for one.

Same thing applies to a setting with higher temporal dimensions. Only in place of R x R³ it would be R x R⁴. So, a copy of R⁴ (4-dimensional space) attached to every point of another line. Removing this additional line would, in fact, be removing all these copies of R⁴, save for one, just as in the case above.

Conclusion​

As we've known for a while, the Dragon Ball multiverse consists of 12 Macrocosms, each of which are 2-C, being encompassed by a greater timeline. The reason why the overarching timeline was rejected for Low 1-C in the past is because a cosmology like that doesn't need to consist of two temporal dimensions. Spatiotemporal separation doesn't need to introduce new time dimensions, and a single time axis can service multiple space-times. However, now that the space-times in Dragon Ball are accepted as harboring their own time dimensions, the overarching timeline now qualifies for Low 1-C. Unlike the past threads which saw plenty of disorganized conversation regarding the higher time dimension standards, we've done our research, scavenged and carefully analyzed every statement from Ultima and DontTalk concerning higher time dimensions, looked over all the CRT's that have accepted higher time dimensions, and can now say with confidence that Dragon Ball automatically and genuinely qualifies for Low 1-C.

Remember to show civility and good faith while participating, okay😉?

Last edited:
I'm not addressing the tiering now but I am impressed. Entire sections about other verses, one of which is self-admittedly based on lack of information and to crown it all off, the utter confidence with which you tie this CRT's results to those other verses. I do not think I could make this less palatable towards those supporters if I tried.

Is it that hard to make your case without going on a tangent that amounts to "they did it, why can't we?"

Also, just to mention before anyone says these are the same rejected arguments. The space-times being their own time dimensions only recently got accepted because you can achieve space-time separation with only one time dimension. Even if it’s 2-A amount of structures it can be under one dimension of time.
I'm not addressing the tiering now but I am impressed. Entire sections about other verses, one of which is self-admittedly based on lack of information and to crown it all off, the utter confidence with which you tie this CRT's results to those other verses. I do not think I could make this less palatable towards those supporters if I tried.

Is it that hard to make your case without going on a tangent that amounts to "they did it, why can't we?"
This is a good point ngl

I only helped with gathering scans to get the qualifying stuff accepted I wasn’t involved in that tidbit

I don't disagree, I agree with the foundational logic, but at some point we got to give up on this

Eh I don't know if bringing up other verses in the main post is a good idea since it's very likely that some people are gonna argue against this crt purely out of spite because of bringing up and comparing other verses in the main post, even if the actual proposals are right.

Like I understand that it's frustrating that other verses are getting upgrades from the same stuff that DB has yet DB is denied the upgrade, but trying to drag other verses that have nothing to do with the actual proposals will just make people more combative against the proposals even if it's just making comparisons to those other verses. Basically more push back then there needs to be.

That's my take at least.

Bro you gotta get out of here book it to the Congos or Bahamas, just get outta dodge, that's what I'm doing you can hitch a ride with me

Never did I think I'd see the day in which Goku's buttocks rescues a mod.

Outside of that, I heavily think OP should just cut out the mentions of other verses. Even if you feel it's valid, mods generally don't like when other verses are brought up in defense (or against) the actual verse in question. You'll usually just get comments like "Take it up with those verses" or "Make a downgrade thread on those verses" which, tbh, is fair.

OP has removed all the God of War stuff, it seems like

Don't see the need for any of the Kingdom Hearts stuff though. Not only is that stuff being re-evaluated as we speak, but also, just let your arguments stand on their own for crying out loud.

Edit: Removing the name and calling it "a certain verse" doesn't change the fundamental problem btw

I don't know if I am more startled by this thread or the image choice of the user directly above me.
You'll get use to it.

I agree with the CRT in theory (DBS does meet site standards from what I can tell) I'll stick around to see where the arguments go but I agree with what others have said about bringing up other verses being in poor taste (Glad the OP is removing them) plus some of those staff statements could be seen as an "appeal to authority" which might alienate other staff members but overall I truly wish to see this CRT discussed fairly above all else.

However, now that the space-times in Dragon Ball are accepted as harboring their own time dimensions, the overarching timeline now qualifies for Low 1-C
I sense someone's evil plan is coming to fruition here, slowly but surely upgrading small parts of Dragon Ball and cornering counters against Tier 1

Jk

From what I understood from DMC's Tier 1 downgrade thread, the standards have changed and even a structure beyond a 2-A realm isn't Low 1-C

Standards Thread > https://vsbattles.com/threads/bigge...eing-a-low-1-c-standard-clarification.158884/

DMC Post-Standard-Change Discussion > https://vsbattles.com/threads/fuji-...wngrades-yet-again.158138/page-4#post-6113526

The Tiering page wasn't updated, but considering the standard revisions results, an overarching structure over a 2-C verse really won't qualify on its own, considering not even 2-A can

So I guess for now I disagree

I sense someone's evil plan is coming to fruition here, slowly but surely upgrading small parts of Dragon Ball and cornering counters against Tier 1

Jk

From what I understood from DMC's Tier 1 downgrade thread, the standards have changed and even a structure beyond a 2-A realm isn't Low 1-C

Standards Thread > https://vsbattles.com/threads/bigge...eing-a-low-1-c-standard-clarification.158884/

DMC Post-Standard-Change Discussion > https://vsbattles.com/threads/fuji-...wngrades-yet-again.158138/page-4#post-6113526

However the Tiering page wasn't updated, but considering the standard revisions results, an overarching structure over a 2-C verse really won't qualify on its own, considering not even 2-A can

That's not the basis for this upgrade though... at all. We're not arguing about the space that contains the multiverse, but the time-like dimension that encompasses it. I've already addressed this above in my second-to-last section.

Jk

The Tiering page wasn't updated, but considering the standard revisions results, an overarching structure over a 2-C verse really won't qualify on its own, considering not even 2-A can

Well the problem is that the standards that changed was spatial dimensions, not temporal, it was for being bigger than a 2-A space isn't low 1-C inherently. These are unrelated.

Jk

These are 2 completely different things.

- DMC’s argument for tier 1 is that they viewed something like a line or something which is related to spatiality instead of multiple temporal dimensions. This is (space) 4D + 1D (time)

- DB has multiple space-times and they harbor their own time dimensions and then they have an overarching timeline which is an extra time dimension. This is (space) 3D + 2D (time)

Btw DMC’s got removed because size differences don’t matter for tier 1 anymore as well

Well the problem is that the standards that changed was spatial dimensions, not temporal, it was for being bigger than a 2-A space isn't low 1-C inherently. These are unrelated.
That's not the basis for this upgrade though... at all. We're not arguing about the space that contains the multiverse, but the time-like dimension that encompasses it. I've already addressed this above in my second-to-last section.
It's hard to keep up

Well, if those old standards are still valid for time related Tier 1, I remove my previous vote, thanks for the clarification

DMC was downgraded because it’s scans were forged.
No ? DMC Tier 1 downgrade was one thing, the other was about forged scans that weren't in use anymore

I think u jumped the gun my friend

Soo let me simply this

12 timelines that encompasses by other timeline. Since timeline basically mean the uncountable infinite snapshots of the lower D, or 4D timeline is uncountable infinite of 3D by default. Then if the 3D is change to 4D, we will have 5D structure

Also since timeline is infinity by default, it must be parallel to each other. And yeah higher timeline will have significant size by default because of it nature that is infinite in size

For now i will agree with this

Soo let me simply this

12 timelines that encompasses by other timeline. Since timeline basically mean the uncountable infinite snapshots of the lower D, or 4D timeline is uncountable infinite of 3D by default. Then if the 3D is change to 4D, we will have 5D structure

Also since timeline is infinity by default, it must be parallel to each other. And yeah higher timeline will have significant size by default because of it nature that is infinite in size

For now i will agree with this
Basically, but it's not as simple as that, what makes the overarching timeline low 1-C, is overarching lesser distinct time dimensions, since spatial temporal separation isn't indicative of distinct time axis. But yeah, the principle is the same, just with more steps..

Basically, but it's not as simple as that, what makes the overarching timeline low 1-C, is overarching lesser distinct time dimensions, since spatial temporal separation isn't indicative of distinct time axis. But yeah, the principle is the same, just with more steps..
I dont talking about the separation of timeline (but you still will have insignificant 5D with that), i talking about bigger timeline that encompasses that

I dont talking about the separation of timeline (but you still will have insignificant 5D with that), i talking about bigger timeline that encompasses that
Insignificant 5-D is a term for a spatial axis that is not significant enough to be tiered, usually when referencing a multiverse holding parallel timelines. Time dimensions are unrelated. If you have parallel universes in an another space, that space is usually 5-D (not low 1-C) by default unless contradicted, because to have two 4D spacetimes parallel to each other, it has to be displaced over a 5th axis, but that 5th axis size is unknowable. Temporal dimensions are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back