• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 57: 5 minutes namek meme is back and All shirts are off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying Ryu, but well your analogy doesnt fully work since DBS is a much longer anime with a much bigger cast, whereas a large amount of anime are nowhere near as long so their plots and chraracter progressions are more dense.

Shirtless Jiren >>> Shirtless Goku + Shirtless Vegeta + Shirtless Lapis + Shirtless (?) Frieza

Jiren is the main antagonist in this arc and even side characters of other shows who have been in much less episodes than Jiren have a far better personality and characterization. He has little excuse to be as bad as he is. I doubt the last few episodes will make him much better. And I am not going to hold my criticisms until then.

Jirens character...

I still have faith, just a drop of faith in an ocean of doubt. But it's still something.

Ryukama said:
Jiren finally gets a personality. Too bad it's the shittiest most generic personality...

I'm disappointed. Throughout this entire arc, I had a love/hate view of Jiren, but now I'm leaning more towards hate (or just dislike). Before, I thought he came across as a much more serious version of Superman. I would have liked that. A heroic, righteous, moral, but very serious and stoic personality would have been a cool personality. But he went from potentially being that, to just being an arrogant asshole, not to mention a hypocrite for criticising Vegeta for having a similar attitude.

It sucks. I really wanted to like Jiren. I mean the guy has a cool look. A buff Superhero-esq Grey Alien design is very creative. I'm surprised no one has come up with it before, and it's something I've always liked about Toriyama's character design. Too bad Jiren had to have a shitty personality to go with it.

Jiren character is utter garbae, heck he have no personality up till this episode and when he finally show some it turned our he's just another generic arrogant guy who talk trash to his friends and like to show off

Guys, calm down. Jiren still got 4 episodes. Y'all might end up cheering for him when you hear his back story. XD

Hit The Badass said:
I forgot my password lol
Anyways, will it be PIS or CIS from Beerus if Vegeta goes SSB again without 17's energy?
Kek

If Vegeta manages to recover quickly enough like saiyans can I don't think there'd be anything anomalous about him going SSB. How would that impact Beerus though?

AKM sama said:
Guys, calm down. Jiren still got 4 episodes. Y'all might end up cheering for him when you hear his back story. XD

Yeah guys, jesus christ, you act like he outed himself as actively malevolent. We still got FOUR episodes to get more info on Jiren as he fights the rest of Universe 7.

More like enough ki can overpower some hax to a degree. And anything working on everyone would be a case of blatant NLF anyway.

Now that I think about it, Jiren's disappointment is valid. Barring him, the rest of the pride troopers together could not eliminate a single fighter lol

The fact that 17 has been getting much more shine than Gohan saddens me.

I mean he is a great character and all, but I just don't see the point of him being here when all that's left is the OP Jiren.

17 is more of a strategist so Gohan, who is a good brawler, would have been a much better fit.

17 was so underused in Z. I like the fact that he is being used. He is better than others in a way that he doesn't tire out. It's a huge asset in a fight and it is being utilised DB for the first time after Android saga.

Anyway, can't wait for shirtless Vegeta to go Super Saiyan Bluer. Also want to see shirtless Goku real soon.

Things that the fanbase want so badly but will never happen :

>UI Vegeta

>Vegito vs Jiren

>Frieza win the tournament

>17 goes shirtless

no unless you are vegeta-sama you cannot plow a hakai just cause OVO

AKM sama said:
Now that I think about it, Jiren's disappointment is valid. Barring him, the rest of the pride troopers together could not eliminate a single fighter lol
The dude could have solo'd the entire tournament. He should be disappointed in himself.

saitama one shots fodderku...

bulma slapped him so hard that he freaking started crying and gets hurt by bullets which are nowhere near planet level...

saitama can bust a planet with one punch therefore he obliterates him :^)

goku is least city level at best because by judging the size of a Kamehameha it looks big enough to destroy one just barely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back