• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

i don't know, it just felt off having the guy who made the entire power system that made humans have the same strenght as demons pretty much on his own be an ordinary genius...
welp, chalk it to his lack of feats i guess

btw, i want your opinion on giving tanjiro power mimicry for copying the thunder breath from zenitsu's description of it in his memories, would that work?
Well, Yoriichi is a Genius, so he isn't merely treated as intelligent and it's not like as if there isn't some variety in regards to how intelligent geniuses can be, so just think of him as one of the smarter ones among them.

It's not like as if Tanjiro can just immediately pull that on any technique and as if Zenitsu never explained anything and they also spent some time training together. Tanjiro managing to perform the technique just based on his memories is absolutely something that is impressive though. I don't have much of an opinion regarding the matter beyond the fact that the Power Mimicry applications would be relatively limited compared to some of the characters who make more extensive use of that if it gets accepted for Tanjiro.

It's not like as if Tanjiro can just immediately pull that on any technique and as if Zenitsu never explained anything and they also spent some time training together. Tanjiro managing to perform the technique just based on his memories is absolutely something that is impressive though. I don't have much of an opinion regarding the matter beyond the fact that the Power Mimicry applications would be relatively limited compared to some of the characters who make more extensive use of that if it gets accepted for Tanjiro.
tanjiro's ancestors seem to have some form of power mimcry as well, managing to somehow copy an inferior version of the sun breath in a form of dance just by watching yoriichi perform it

i guess some form of limited power mimcry should suffice

the speed ratings are also outdaded, the LS doesn't account for the individuals who unlocked the bright red blade via grip strenght the AP needs a "likely far higher" rating next to it due to douma being significantly weaker when performing his feat

the profiles suck, i will just try slowly fix them bit by bit when i have enough time

thank for your input, i greatly appreciate it

tanjiro's ancestors seem to have some form of power mimcry as well, managing to somehow copy an inferior version of the sun breath in a form of dance just by watching yoriichi perform it
i guess some form of limited power mimcry should suffice

the speed ratings are also outdaded, the LS doesn't account for the individuals who unlocked the bright red blade via grip strenght the AP needs a "likely far higher" rating next to it due to douma being significantly weaker when performing his feat
the profiles suck, i will just try slowly fix them bit by bit when i have enough time

thank for your input, i greatly appreciate it
Yeah, that does seem to be the case for Sumiyoshi if he could accurately pass it on with only some errors that Tanjiro corrected after viewing his memory of Yoriichi performing Sun Breathing. Limited Power Mimicry is pretty much what I had in mind for the case this gets accepted and added to the profile as Power Mimicry.

I do agree that there are some things that can be done for the profiles.

You're welcome.

is blocking attacks considered lifting strenght?

something like this

14-25.png

might dish out a nice upgrade

is blocking attacks considered lifting strenght?

something like this

14-25.png

might dish out a nice upgrade
Blocking by itself wouldn't qualify but if you are holding some kind of continuous pressure back, then it probably would.

Blocking by itself wouldn't qualify but if you are holding some kind of continuous pressure back, then it probably would.
isn't blocking an attack pretty much just negating it's energy?

if you're not strong enough it would just go straight trough your arm, koku here blocks the attack using his sword that's given the energy required to block with his arms so i was pretty certain it would bs LS

if you're not strong enough it would just go straight trough your arm, koku here blocks the attack using his sword that's given the energy required to block with his arms so i was pretty certain it would bs LS
Blocking for an instant would require striking strength
Blcoking for a prolonged period would be Lifting strength

It is.

Striking Strength is also strength and if you only need to negate energy for a moment it is all that is needed. Lifting may be something that is usually done with the arms but the same is the case for striking, so the arms being used here is by itself not relevant.

It is.

Striking Strength is also strength and if you only need to negate energy for a moment it is all that is needed. Lifting may be something that is usually done with the arms but the same is the case for striking, so the arms being used here is by itself not relevant.

Striking Strength is the amount of physical force an individual can deal out in a single strike. In other words, it is the physical Attack Potency of an individual. It may or may not depend on Lifting Strength.
Generally, anything that has to do with the character’s actions instead of passively holding up weights is about this category. While lifting strength is a static value which can be measured in units of weight or mass, striking strength is different. It relies more on “action” which is a combination of speed and mass. As such, striking strength requires a whole different classification system

pretty sure blocking attacks has no speed nor mass attched to it as it's just blocking attacks with your physical strenght, if kokushibo blocked like a 200 tons attacks straight on with his arms i see no reason why he can't lift as much since the position his arms were in required him to either push the attack forwared or to parry it away, which would be LS either way

oh well, i will just give up on this either way

pretty sure blocking attacks has no speed nor mass attched to it as it's just blocking attacks with your physical strenght, if kokushibo blocked like a 200 tons attacks straight on with his arms i see no reason why he can't lift as much since the position his arms were in required him to either push the attack forwared or to parry it away, which would be LS either way
Technically there would be speed and mass involved for moving the blade into the proper position for blocking and you would need to exert an additional force the instant something hits the blade in order to avoid it simply being pushed away. Aside from that there are a good number of cases where we don't treat blocking as as having implications for Lifting Strength.

Technically there would be speed and mass involved for moving the blade into the proper position for blocking and you would need to exert an additional force the instant something hits the blade in order to avoid it simply being pushed away. Aside from that there are a good number of cases where we don't treat blocking as as having implications for Lifting Strength.
the additional force is still resisting the enegy being pushed towards him via physical strenght, especially his grip strenght since of it wasn't strong enough he would let go of the blade, i don't really see why that's relevant and moving the blade in a position to block doesn't produce much KE in the first place especially since he isn't using the momentim to strike and counter attack but simply to better position himself to block the attack

either way,it's better to wait for the anime for more context, but i really can't see why this isn't LS tbh

the additional force is still resisting the enegy being pushed towards him via physical strenght, especially his grip strenght since of it wasn't strong enough he would let go of the blade, i don't really see why that's relevant and moving the blade in a position to block doesn't produce much KE in the first place especially since he isn't using the momentim to strike and counter attack but simply to better position himself to block the attack

either way,it's better to wait for the anime for more context, but i really can't see why this isn't LS tbh
Grip strength would indeed be important for something like this. The matter of the additional force kind of depends on whether or not that is the result of a continuous effort or just a quick burst since that is what would make the difference according to our standards as far as I'm aware. In addition to that it would be worth noting that Striking Strength is as much physical strength as Lifting Strength is with any kind of strength or force that isn't being confined to the Attack Potency section. Depending on the speed moving a blade for a block might actually unironically produce a lot of kinetic energy but that was just me pointing a minor detail out that probably wasn't even very relevant.

Blocking occurs in a lot of series but despite that Striking Strength and Lifting Strength do not necessarily correlate which series like Dragon Ball and Kingdom Hearts with their higher dimensional Striking Strength coupled with 3D Lifting Strength illustrate.

does the slayer mark increase lifting strengh as well?

since it simply increases physical strenght, would the rating be at least class 50, higher with mark, even higher with shining red blade

or just at least class 50, higher with the shining red blade

does the slayer mark increase lifting strengh as well?

since it simply increases physical strenght, would the rating be at least class 50, higher with mark, even higher with shining red blade

or just at least class 50, higher with the shining red blade
I guess It should, but do we a have a instance of Slayer mark affecting the lifting strenght of a character? Like, they do a LF strenght while using the Slayer Mark

Grip strength would indeed be important for something like this. The matter of the additional force kind of depends on whether or not that is the result of a continuous effort or just a quick burst since that is what would make the difference according to our standards as far as I'm aware

also sorry for quitting without notice, i was a bit busy and forgot about this

however, even for a short burst blocking an attack with pure physical strenght required a minimum LS in order to have the ability to do so, and with the positon of koku's arms when blocking being how it is

14-25.png

he should have taken the brunt of the entire attack and blocked it, or else it would just go straight trough him

however, he could have parried it as well, that's why i'm waiting for the anime for more context
. In addition to that it would be worth noting that Striking Strength is as much physical strength as Lifting Strength is with any kind of strength or force that isn't being confined to the Attack Potency section. Depending on the speed moving a blade for a block might actually unironically produce a lot of kinetic energy but that was just me pointing a minor detail out that probably wasn't even very relevant.
that's why they're related, however, striking strenght is the energy an individual can deal out in an attack, lifting is how much he can lift and with koku blocking the combined attack of both sanemi and gyomei, class 50 LS isn't nearly enough to block such attack head on

but again, let's wait for the anime to give us more context

Blocking occurs in a lot of series but despite that Striking Strength and Lifting Strength do not necessarily correlate which series like Dragon Ball and Kingdom Hearts with their higher dimensional Striking Strength coupled with 3D Lifting Strength illustrate.
i don't know much about both verses, but thanks for the information

I guess It should, but do we a have a instance of Slayer mark affecting the lifting strenght of a character? Like, they do a LF strenght while using the Slayer Mark
the slayer's AP largely depends on their physical strenght, if the marks boosts their strenght then no reason why it can't boost their LS

also sorry for quitting without notice, i was a bit busy and forgot about this

however, even for a short burst blocking an attack with pure physical strenght required a minimum LS in order to have the ability to do so, and with the positon of koku's arms when blocking being how it is

14-25.png

he should have taken the brunt of the entire attack and blocked it, or else it would just go straight trough him

however, he could have parried it as well, that's why i'm waiting for the anime for more context

that's why they're related, however, striking strenght is the energy an individual can deal out in an attack, lifting is how much he can lift and with koku blocking the combined attack of both sanemi and gyomei, class 50 LS isn't nearly enough to block such attack head on

but again, let's wait for the anime to give us more context

i don't know much about both verses, but thanks for the information
thats the thing- if you momentarily strike something to parry it then its striking strength however if you hold your ground to actually take the full brunt of the attack then its LS

idk i if i already explained this but Shadow from the eminence in shadow can parry swords with his fingers while being physically inferior to his opponents. he isnt taking the full brunt of their attacks and thats the whole point of parrying, which is why its striking strength and not LS

thats the thing- if you momentarily strike something to parry it then its striking strength however if you hold your ground to actually take the full brunt of the attack then its LS
that's why i'm waiting for the anime to see he blocked it or parried it, as i don't know the full context, i beleive i made that clear

Is there any more evidence for Tanjiro's Demon Slayer Mark being a x100 multiplier other than him saying he'd summon x100 the force to cut off Gyutaro's neck and is there a reason why Doma's freeze calc would scale to his physicals

Is there any more evidence for Tanjiro's Demon Slayer Mark being a x100 multiplier other than him saying he'd summon x100 the force to cut off Gyutaro's neck and is there a reason why Doma's freeze calc would scale to his physicals
Both questions have already been asked before, so I'll just give a list of points for the multiplier and a list of points for the physical scaling.

x100 multiplier:
  • While it can be argued that 100 is just a number that came up for dramatic effect due to the tense situation Tanjiro has consistently shown in the series that he can engage in analytical thinking in battle even while he is being heavily pressured, so while this alone wouldn't prove anything it shows that the statement cannot be conclusively dismissed either.
  • Tanjiro has only ever been able to nick Gyutaro's neck with his sword even with the use of poison before the end of the battle, so to go from that to being able to completely cut through it would imply a huge boost which is further supported by Tengen and Gyutaro both being consistently superior to Tanjiro throughout the fight with Tanjiro himself stating that he would lose in a direct contest of strength against Gyutaro while deflecting his blood sickles using Water Breathing.
  • We have a calculated feat that surpasses Tanjiro's Attack Potency with the 100x multiplier which helps with the scaling. You can go on this page for further information on multiplier standards.
Scaling between Blood Demon Arts and physical power:
  • Demons and Blood Demon Arts are intimately connected to each other to the point where the latter shares the former's weakness to sunlight. It is therefore plausible to view them as essentially being a part of the demons.
  • Demons do not have Blood Demon Arts by default but instead need to reach a certain amount of strength to attain one which shows that their personal strength correlates with Blood Demon Arts.
  • Demons grow stronger by devouring humans or receiving Muzan's blood, so one can easily infer from that that a demon's physical strength and the strength of their Blood Demon Art would grow together.
  • Several demons have shown that they can physically fight those who can contend with the strength of their Blood Demon Arts with there being no case where a demon is explicitly weaker than their Blood Demon Art which sets a pretty consistent precedent especially with the other points.
  • Kanao was surprised by the amount of strength Doma had left when he used his Blood Demon Art at the end of his fight against her and Inosuke which indicates that poison like Shinobu's would weaken a demon's Blood Demon Art together with their physical strength which actually fits with how a poisoned Gyutaro could be pushed down by Tanjiro and needed some time to use his Blood Demon Art.

Last edited:

Just sending the steam locomotive into the air by a meter wouldn't really yield much

1.2 million lbs = 544310.844 kg
544310.844*9.81*1 = 5339689.37964 Joules, 0.0013 Tons of TNT (Wall level)
pretty sure that looked more like 2 meters, but get your point ig

edit: altough it really seemed like it would net higher

also nvm, that does not weight 400 tons, upon further research, it's 1/10th of that

my bad

Last edited:
Since BDA's are part of a demon's body, would Akaza's shockwaves from his BDA get nullified by sunlight?

Since BDA's are part of a demon's body, would Akaza's shockwaves from his BDA get nullified by sunlight?
Blood Demon Arts do share that kind of weakness with demons, so that's presumably what would happen unless he generates shockwaves through brute strength.

Blood Demon Arts do share that kind of weakness with demons, so that's presumably what would happen unless he generates shockwaves through brute strength.
The shockwaves are part of his Blood Demon Art since he doesn't use them until after activating Technique Development and Rengoku could stop them with his Nichirin Blade

Well, Yoriichi is a Genius, so he isn't merely treated as intelligent and it's not like as if there isn't some variety in regards to how intelligent geniuses can be, so just think of him as one of the smarter ones among them.

Could you detail the skill feats of demon slayer and the actual effects of Muzan blood

Back