• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

The issue is that they don't significantly surpass kaigaku. It's even stated that kaigaku could've killed zenitsu immediately if not for his inexperience. So if kaigaku is weaker than gyutaro then zenitsu is around gyutaro's level.
It just doesn't really make sense and the scaling that makes tge most sense also makes tengen and gyutaro fodder which is strange.
Kaigaku is inexperienced as a demon. As a swordsman he was for longer in the business than Zenitsu and there is no telling exactly how much stronger or faster he would have become with one year more time like Yushiro postulated. Zenitsu is definitely above Kaigaku and Tengen in a healthy state is also above Gyutaro. The exact degree of superiority itself is more vague than the superiority itself, so Zenitsu definitely being around Gyutaro's level while not implausible isn't something we can know for sure. The same is the case for a healthy Tengen being automatically fodder for anyone to whom Gyutaro is fodder. Tengen and Gyutaro not being impressive compared to some of the stronger Upper Moons is kinda expected with some of the power gaps and the Demon Slayer Marks involved.

so Zenitsu definitely being around Gyutaro's level while not implausible isn't something we can know for sure. The same is the case for a healthy Tengen being automatically fodder for anyone to whom Gyutaro is fodder. Tengen and Gyutaro not being impressive compared to some of the stronger Upper Moons is kinda expected with some of the power gaps and the Demon Slayer Marks involved.
Yes that's what I'm saying and that makes sense logically, the issue is that this is inconsistent with zenitsu's feats with muzan and the other thing is that this contradicts the scaling in the wiki. In the wiki it's basically
Tengen ~ Gyutaro ~ Marked tanjiro < base tanjiro smv ~ emotion clones < Base mitsuri/muichiro <<< City block level ~ Kaigaku < zenitsu <<< upper moons.

Yes that's what I'm saying and that makes sense logically, the issue is that this is inconsistent with zenitsu's feats with muzan and the other thing is that this contradicts the scaling in the wiki. In the wiki it's basically
Tengen ~ Gyutaro ~ Marked tanjiro < base tanjiro smv ~ emotion clones < Base mitsuri/muichiro <<< City block level ~ Kaigaku < zenitsu <<< upper moons.
Well, Muzan was weakened and Zenitsu wasn't the only one who was fighting. There is also Mitsuri's statement of a fight against an Upper Moon being worth 5 to 10 years of training though I guess it would be less applicable to Kaigaku than it would be to other Upper Moons.

Last edited:
Well, Muzan was weakened and Zenitsu wasn't the only one who was fighting. There is also Mitsuri's statement of a fight against an Upper Moon being worth 5 to 10 years of training though I guess it would be less applicable to Kaigaku than it would be to other Upper Moons.
My issue is that muzan was weakened but was still stronger than kokushibo. Yet fighters on the level of upper 6 gyutaro can still fight him despite being completely outclassed. And remember when muichiro fought kokushibo and got completely stomped? The difference between muzan and upper 6 level characters is way bigger.
I think it would make sense if zenitsu was stronger than tengen and gyutaro but what doesn't make sense is them being on a completely different tier when they shouldn't be that far off, if at all from each other.

My issue is that muzan was weakened but was still stronger than kokushibo. Yet fighters on the level of upper 6 gyutaro can still fight him despite being completely outclassed. And remember when muichiro fought kokushibo and got completely stomped? The difference between muzan and upper 6 level characters is way bigger.
I think it would make sense if zenitsu was stronger than tengen and gyutaro but what doesn't make sense is them being on a completely different tier when they shouldn't be that far off, if at all from each other.
The zenitsu feat makes no sense he was able to damage muzan with no mark or red blade that’s inconsistent. I understand one shotting kaigaku but damaging muzan makes no sense.

The zenitsu feat makes no sense he was able to damage muzan with no mark or red blade that’s inconsistent. I understand one shotting kaigaku but damaging muzan makes no sense.
Inconsistencies with Durability are the reason why demons are Unknown for everything except the neck. While Muzan probably has a much larger power and speed advantage he is unlikely to be anywhere near as skilled as Kokushibo in my opinion and the degree to which Muzan was weakened got worse with time.

Inconsistencies with Durability are the reason why demons are Unknown for everything except the neck. While Muzan probably has a much larger power and speed advantage he is unlikely to be anywhere near as skilled as Kokushibo in my opinion and the degree to which Muzan was weakened got worse with time.
So you think it makes sense to scale gyutaro above kaigaku? This would make all the characters city block level.

e831418c2a8a3d6a69186f181a03b514.webp

so does this count as limited telepathy?
because from the statements

1 kokushibo shuts down attacks before they even start
2 the second gyomei thinks to unleash a technique, he knows

not much of an expert so tought i could ask

so does this count as limited telepathy?
because from the statements

not much of an expert so tought i could ask
It's because of STW

It's not telepathy.

• Telepathy is the ability to transmit one's thoughts and feelings to another person at a distance without using other conventional means of communication. It can also allow for mind reading in certain cases, and is often associated with mind manipulation

that's why i said limited telepathy via the STW

• Telepathy is the ability to transmit one's thoughts and feelings to another person at a distance without using other conventional means of communication. It can also allow for mind reading in certain cases, and is often associated with mind manipulation

that's why i said limited telepathy via the STW
It's likely that Gyomei's body just start preparing a technique whenever he thinks of it which makes sense considering the fast pace at which the fight happens. This would in turn allow Kokushibo to predict what Gyomei is gonna do through See-Trough World which would be a more sensible assumption than presuming that it can suddenly be used to read minds which has never been indicated or displayed by any other user.

It's likely that Gyomei's body just start preparing a technique whenever he thinks of it which makes sense considering the fast pace at which the fight happens. This would in turn allow Kokushibo to predict what Gyomei is gonna do through See-Trough World which would be a more sensible assumption than presuming that it can suddenly be used to read minds which has never been indicated or displayed by any other user.

well not really

there were two statements provided

which can indicate 2 thingd either he didn't even start preparing for the attack since they get shut down before they start or the preperations were actually happening but the attacks are shut down before they are applied

this one is just straight forward as he states as soon as he thinks of unleashing an attack kokushibo knows about it which supports the first point more than the second one as he states it right after stating that his attacks are shut down before they even start

the STW is a new ability and it was only shown at this point in the series so it's not like there are a lot of cases where we can deduce it's abilities and where they're explained, this is one of those moments, it was pretty clearly indicated that he can stop their attacks the second they think about them so i think it's pretty straight forward

well not really

there were two statements provided

which can indicate 2 thingd either he didn't even start preparing for the attack since they get shut down before they start or the preperations were actually happening but the attacks are shut down before they are applied

this one is just straight forward as he states as soon as he thinks of unleashing an attack kokushibo knows about it which supports the first point more than the second one as he states it right after stating that his attacks are shut down before they even start

the STW is a new ability and it was only shown at this point in the series so it's not like there are a lot of cases where we can deduce it's abilities and where they're explained, this is one of those moments, it was pretty clearly indicated that he can stop their attacks the second they think about them so i think it's pretty straight forward
Allowing for shutting down attacks before they start is already part of Analytical Prediction, so that by itself isn't evidence for Telepathy. On top of that Kokushibo has plenty of experience and knowledge regarding the various breathing styles and demon slayers and can therefore most likely make predictions based on more than just body movements. The abilities of the See-Through World were showcased to us and we did get some explanations for that. Something like it allowing Telepathy has received neither focus nor an explanation which would be weird if Telepathy is supposed to be part of what See-through World enables since See-Through World itself is kind of a big deal in the series. You should also consider that Gyomei is making that statement without any prior knowledge of what ability Kokushibo is using here, so he wouldn't have any knowledge of how it works or what exactly it does, so what he is describing is how the situation looks like to him and it is therefore not the statement of someone knowledgeable regarding the matter. Considering that the series doesn't really feature a demon who extensively uses Telepathy in combat there also wouldn't be prior experience regarding that kind of thing that Gyomei would have and could use for the identification of a demon like that as far as we know.

Allowing for shutting down attacks before they start is already part of Analytical Prediction, so that by itself isn't evidence for Telepathy. On top of that Kokushibo has plenty of experience and knowledge regarding the various breathing styles and demon slayers and can therefore most likely make predictions based on more than just body movements. The abilities of the See-Through World were showcased to us and we did get some explanations for that. Something like it allowing Telepathy has received neither focus nor an explanation which would be weird if Telepathy is supposed to be part of what See-through World enables since See-Through World itself is kind of a big deal in the series. You should also consider that Gyomei is making that statement without any prior knowledge of what ability Kokushibo is using here, so he wouldn't have any knowledge of how it works or what exactly it does, so what he is describing is how the situation looks like to him and it is therefore not the statement of someone knowledgeable regarding the matter. Considering that the series doesn't really feature a demon who extensively uses Telepathy in combat there also wouldn't be prior experience regarding that kind of thing that Gyomei would have and could use for the identification of a demon like that as far as we know.

gomei was simply describing the situation he was expreriencing at that moment and he explictly stated that the second he thinks about an attack kokushibo knows about it, there are multiple abilities showcased by the STW that weren't explained properly either such as kokushibo reading muichiro's genetic information and deducing his lineage

71571aff3cd031078ef458a08d501003.webp

58ec72df0caca51df569d0b497c33805.webp

he also deduced his age just by looking at him

41ccf6d63155cae584db854adffaf830.webp

so nothing is stopping him from reading their toughts by looking at the brain's electrical signals and deducing what kind of technique they will use the second they think about it, this is also a from of analytical prediction

gomei was simply describing the situation he was expreriencing at that moment and he explictly stated that the second he thinks about an attack kokushibo knows about it, there are multiple abilities showcased by the STW that weren't explained properly either such as kokushibo reading muichiro's genetic information and deducing his lineage

71571aff3cd031078ef458a08d501003.webp

58ec72df0caca51df569d0b497c33805.webp

he also deduced his age just by looking at him

41ccf6d63155cae584db854adffaf830.webp

so nothing is stopping him from reading their toughts by looking at the brain's electrical signals and deducing what kind of technique they will use the second they think about it, this is also a from of analytical prediction
We are clearly seeing that Kokushibo is looking into Muichiro's body, so while genes would be unusually microscopic terrain it's not that unusual. Demons in general already have enhanced abilities that allow them to discern blood types, illnesses and genes which you can for example find on Gyutaro and Daki's profiles. Pretty much all humans can estimate each other's ages based on their appearances and we don't give them any special abilities for that and I'm pretty sure that Muichiro isn't supposed to look unusually young or old for his age, so this doesn't actually add much. Being able to see the body's electrical signals with precision would be one thing. Actually being able to interpret these signals accurately would warrant a mention on his Intelligence section which adds to the amount of stuff you are suggesting based on one single statement from someone who didn't even really know what exactly Kokushibo was doing and which in turn only makes me more skeptical. The fact that Kokushibo could make things look like that for Gyomei is simply evidence for his proficiency with See-Through World and his ability to read and predict what Gyomei is doing.

Demons in general already have enhanced abilities that allow them to discern blood types, illnesses and genes which you can for example find on Gyutaro and Daki's profiles
i didn't know about that, that's cool at least

Being able to see the body's electrical signals with precision would be one thing. Actually being able to interpret these signals accurately would warrant a mention on his Intelligence section which adds to the amount of stuff you are suggesting
....so accurately reading and interpreting someone's genetic information and then easily deducing his ancestry in an instant doesn't warrent an intelligence upgrade?
i was thinking of making a crt for this since i'm pretty sure it does, this is also evidence that he can accurately interpret the signals since

not to mention even what i said turns out to be wrong he would still have the mental ability to keep up with 96K+ km worth of blood vessels and accurately deduce the opponent's next move via analyzing the blood flow in said blood vessels and for three opponents at that so i really don't understand why his intelligence is only in the gifted range when he didn't even struggle when doing such feat, in fact he was performing it like it's nothing and even analyzing the battlefield and his opponents while he is at it and calmly unleashing the best countermeasure for each technique or move they're trying to use

i see no reason for why he can't interpret the signals when he showed more than enough information analysis and analytical abilities to do so

Being able to see the body's electrical signals with precision would be one thing. Actually being able to interpret these signals accurately would warrant a mention on his Intelligence section which adds to the amount of stuff you are suggesting based on one single statement from someone who didn't even really know what exactly Kokushibo was doing and which in turn only makes me more skeptical. The fact that Kokushibo could make things look like that for Gyomei is simply evidence for his proficiency with See-Through World and his ability to read and predict what Gyomei is doing.
gyomei not knowing what the ability is works in my favor here, he is simply describing his situation he is where the second he thinks about making an attack kokushibo knows about it, there is no room for interpretations here, it's a pretty straightforward statement

What are you guys arguing for? I can be a bit of benefit (however; only in terms of plot)
the possibility of kokushibo being able to accurately interpret the brain's electrical signals because gyomei stated that the second he thinks of an attack he knows about it

this is the panel

As far as I remember:
  • Koku could guess the age/personal information from muichiro's presence (accurately and proven)
  • Koku by simply taking one attack or two could guess gyomei's potential
  • Koku (after he saw mark) guessed the age accurately from Gyomei
But I don't think this is a hax or anything. I think more that it is intelligence feat when he used transparent world. We should not forget, how experienced he is in battles.

....so accurately reading and interpreting someone's genetic information and then easily deducing his ancestry in an instant doesn't warrent an intelligence upgrade?
i was thinking of making a crt for this since i'm pretty sure it does, this is also evidence that he can accurately interpret the signals since

not to mention even what i said turns out to be wrong he would still have the mental ability to keep up with 96K+ km worth of blood vessels and accurately deduce the opponent's next move via analyzing the blood flow in said blood vessels and for three opponents at that so i really don't understand why his intelligence is only in the gifted range when he didn't even struggle when doing such feat, in fact he was performing it like it's nothing and even analyzing the battlefield and his opponents while he is at it and calmly unleashing the best countermeasure for each technique or move they're trying to use

i see no reason for why he can't interpret the signals when he showed more than enough information analysis and analytical abilities to do so

gyomei not knowing what the ability is works in my favor here, he is simply describing his situation he is where the second he thinks about making an attack kokushibo knows about it, there is no room for interpretations here, it's a pretty straightforward statement
I'm not sure exactly how much of this is intelligence or a combination of See-Through World enhancing his senses into being able to look into Muichiro and his demonic ability to discern genes. The way you describe and word it does make it sound like Intelligence and no other character with the ability has done something like that, so I wouldn't mind discussing that in a thread. The only thing I'm unsure here about is how much this is his demonic abilities and See-Through World doing the work and how much this is his Intelligence processing this.

Having a great amount of analytical ability and awareness regarding blood flows doesn't indicate anything about his knowledge of electrical signals. It's similar to how a hematologist wouldn't necessarily have the knowledge of a neuroscientist. These are simply two different things.

Are you implying that Gyomei himself concluded that Kokushibo was reading his mind or something? He immediately went to questioning what Kokushibo is seeing when Telepathy could also for example involve hearing which would be a pretty common portrayal and with how the manga frames it it's supposed to be part of how he unlocks the See-Through World and concludes that this is what Kokushibo is using, so I don't see how Telepathy fits here since there is no other instance of See-Through World doing anything even close to Telepathy which wouldn't make any sense with deduction involving it based on an instance of Telepathy. Him not knowing at that moment how it works means that even Gyomei himself can only speculate how exactly Kokushibo is doing this, so I don't think that this works in anyone's favor.

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly how much of this is intelligence or a combination of See-Through World enhancing his senses into being able to look into Muichiro and his demonic ability to discern genes. The way you describe and word it does make it sound like Intelligence and no other character with the ability has done something like that, so I wouldn't mind discussing that in a thread. The only thing I'm unsure here about is how much this is his demonic abilities and See-Through World doing the work and how much this is his Intelligence processing this.
as far as i remember the STW offers two abilities (do correct me if i'm wrong)

1 seeing the world in slow motion
2 seeing trough a being's body

anything the characters do with the ability is thanks to their intelligence and analytical abilities

also how good is gyutaro's ability to discern genes?

Having a great amount of analytical abilities and awareness regarding blood flows doesn't indicate anything about his knowledge of electrical signals. It's similar to how a hematologist wouldn't necessarily have the knowledge of a neuroscientist. These are simply two different things.
i never really said anything about that as i only gave the example in response to you saying that his intelligence may be inadequate which it's clearly isn't
Are you implying that Gyomei himself concluded that Kokushibo was reading his mind or something? He immediately went to questioning what Kokushibo is seeing when Telepathy could also for example involve hearing which would be a pretty common portrayal and with how the manga frames it it's supposed to be part of how he unlocks the See-Through World and concludes that this is what Kokushibo is using, so I don't see how Telepathy fits here since there is no other instance of See-Through World doing anything even close to Telepathy which wouldn't make any sense with deduction involving it based on an instance of Telepathy. Him not knowing at that moment how it works means that even Gyomei himself can only speculate how exactly Kokushibo is doing this, so I don't think that this works in anyone's favor.

i am not, i implied that by stating the second i think of a technique, he knows he was describing the plight he was in where kokushibo knows every move the second he thinks about performing them, he never conluded anything he simply questioned how the demon could be doing this afterwards

as far as i remember the STW offers two abilities (do correct me if i'm wrong)

1 seeing the world in slow motion
2 seeing trough a being's body

anything the characters do with the ability is thanks to their intelligence and analytical abilities

also how good is gyutaro's ability to discern genes?

i never really said anything about that as i only gave the example in response to you saying that his intelligence may be inadequate which it's clearly isn't

i am not, i implied that by stating the second i think of a technique, he knows he was describing the plight he was in where kokushibo knows every move the second he thinks about performing them, he never conluded anything he simply questioned how the demon could be doing this afterwards
There is also the analytical aspect which we put onto the profiles of all characters with See-Through World. The matter of the genes comes from a statement that Muzan made while talking to Daki and he can certainly be considered knowledgeable regarding demons and we do have some evidence regarding blood types with Marechis.

I've never said anything regarding how intelligent he is. The question that I've raised is if reading electrical brain signals was part of his knowledge or expertise and therefore something that should be mentioned in the Intelligence section. That has nothing to do with how intelligent he actually is since it's not like as if there's an intelligence threshold where you automatically gain certain knowledge regardless of anything else. You can go check my earlier comments and see for yourself if I ever said anything about him not being intelligent enough and I guarantee you you won't find anything.

The fact that he never concluded anything outside of simply attaining the See-Through World and adjusting to using it means that there is no conclusion involving Telepathy provided by the canon since nothing like mind reading via See-Through World is ever discussed or explained after that. This means that we need to come up with a conclusion ourselves and my conclusion is that I don't agree with your conclusion based on what I know.

There is also the analytical aspect which we put onto the profiles of all characters with See-Through World. The matter of the genes comes from a statement that Muzan made while talking to Daki and he can certainly be considered knowledgeable regarding demons and we do have some evidence regarding blood types with Marechis.
the ability itself doesn't do much as stated above, all it does is provide the abilty to see trough a being's body and the abilty to see the world in slow motion, the analytical prediction comes from the characters themselves and how they use the ability

can you show me the statement please?

I've never said anything regarding how intelligent he is. The question that I've raised is if reading electrical brain signals was part of his knowledge or expertise and therefore something that should be mentioned in the Intelligence section. That has nothing to do with how intelligent he actually is since it's not like as if there's an intelligence threshold where you automatically gain certain knowledge regardless of anything else. You can go check my earlier comments and see for yourself if I ever said anything about him not being intelligent enough and I guarantee you you won't find anything
then i apologize for the miscommunication

The fact that he never concluded anything outside of simply attaining the See-Through World and adjusting to using it means that there is no conclusion involving Telepathy provided by the canon since nothing like mind reading via See-Through World is ever discussed or explained after that. This means that we need to come up with a conclusion ourselves and my conclusion is that I don't agree with your conclusion based on what I know.
yeah fair enough tbh

do you at least agree with the intelligence upgrade?

"gifted" isn't gonna cut it

the ability itself doesn't do much as stated above, all it does is provide the abilty to see trough a being's body and the abilty to see the world in slow motion, the analytical prediction comes from the characters themselves and how they use the ability

can you show me the statement please?

yeah fair enough tbh

do you at least agree with the intelligence upgrade?

"gifted" isn't gonna cut it
So, you are telling me that Tanjiro and Gyomei simply immediately learned how to read blood flows and use that for predictions upon attaining See-Through World for the first time? It's more about what the characters demonstrated and the context that their statements give than them directly stating that it enhances their analytical ability but I doubt that reading blood flows is anything intuitive and none of the characters with See-Through World seem to have any issues with doing that though I can take a closer look at the relevant scenes if needed.

I don't have any strong opinions regarding Intelligence, so I'll support it if there's enough agreement. It might be good to add that Kokushibo implied that he was the second best swordsman of his generation with there being no successors for his Moon Breathing just like how it was for Yoriichi's Sun Breathing which would imply that other swordsmen had similar issues with learning his Breath Style.

So, you are telling me that Tanjiro and Gyomei simply immediately learned how to read blood flows and use that for predictions upon attaining See-Through World for the first time?
i am only talking about kokushibo and yoriichi, since as far as i remember the others only breifly used it, they were never able to fully use it and they simply altered their bloodflow to confuse kokushibo

It's more about what the characters demonstrated and the context that their statements give than them directly stating that it enhances their analytical ability but I doubt that reading blood flows is anything intuitive and none of the characters with See-Through World seem to have any issues with doing that though I can take a closer look at the relevant scenes if needed.
the characters having no issues with using thr STW is simply a testament of their intelligence, as the only shown abilities of the STW world is the transparent sight and enhanced preception speed

and i'm pretty sure i already stated why his intelligence needs to be upgraded

• he is able to accurately read and interpret someone's genetic information and then easily deduc hies ancestry in an instant

• he has the mental ability to easily keep up with 96K+ km worth of blood vessels and accurately deduce the opponent's next move via analyzing the blood flow in said blood vessels for three opponents at the same tim, while simultaneously analyzing the battlefield and his opponents and calmly unleashing the best countermeasure to halt each technique or move they're trying to use before they even use them

I don't have any strong opinions regarding Intelligence, so I'll support it if there's enough agreement. It might be good to add that Kokushibo implied that he was the second best swordsman of his generation with there being no successors for his Moon Breathing just like how it was for Yoriichi's Sun Breathing which would imply that other swordsman had similar issues with learning his Breath Style.

yeah, i already know that

i am only talking about kokushibo and yoriichi, since as far as i remember the others only breifly used it, they were never able to fully use it and they simply altered their bloodflow to confuse kokushibo
Actually, it was Kokushibo who altered his blood flow to confuse Gyomei and Tanjiro mentioned Akaza's blood vessels after unlocking the See-Through World.

Actually, it was Kokushibo who altered his blood flow to confuse Gyomei and Tanjiro mentioned Akaza's blood vessels after unlocking the See-Through World.
...uhh, no, it was definitely gyomei, kokushibo even states he deceived his sight

and you're right i just checked so this would also scale to tanjiro

the STW also ehances intuition it seems
f119102d0355bf1f5ec71ff016c84466.webp

so it scales to tanjro as well

It appears as if I remembered who made Kokushibo's statement wrong

it happens, anyways

if that's accepted koku should have at least genius level int or maybe even extraordinary genius but that's unlikely

thanks for your time, it was an enjoyable conversation

Back