• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tanjiro doesn't have to be skilled at all, Toji cuts him and he gets melted and gets vaporized, according to the profile.

So my vote goes to incon
Yeah, but Toji is a martial artist capable to fight and block moves from characters even more faster than him, such as Gojo's red. He trained for years. Its not like a animal is gonna hit him first rather than him hit the animal first

Yeah, but Toji is a martial artist capable to fight and block moves from characters even more faster than him, such as Gojo's red. He trained for years. Its not like a animal is gonna hit him first rather than him hit the animal first
My thought was as he was slashing Tanjiro, blood would naturally spray on him, melting and vaporizing him.

But since Tanjiro has to actually inject blood in the opponent, according to the video Laser sent above, then I take that back

On top of him needing to insert his blood into Toji, him being a heavenly restriction user could potentially grant him resistance to this effect. Most sorcerers have to resistance to cursed energy as prolonged exposure, or contact with the bloodstream can result this and this.

However, sorcerers such as Naoya and Uraume have been shown to be shortly incapacitated after taking in cursed spirit blood into their own due to rejection. Toji however, has an innate resistance to curses due to HR which makes his 5 sense capable fo seeing curses and also grants him curse resistance. Toji was able to house a cursed spirit inside of his body in order to carry around his weapons, meaning he is resistant enough for prolonged exposure to his internal system. So it's arguable if he'd be impacted to the same degree.

On top of him needing to insert his blood into Toji, him being a heavenly restriction user could potentially grant him resistance to this effect. Most sorcerers have to resistance to cursed energy as prolonged exposure, or contact with the bloodstream can result this and this.
The effects... aren't even comparable.. like literally night and day.

But regardless, I guess it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, since Tanjiro will struggle to actually do so.

The effects... aren't even comparable.. like literally night and day.

But regardless, I guess it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, since Tanjiro will struggle to actually do so.
Sure, my point is that while regular humans can't face exposure without their body breaking down and dying, meanwhile Toji is cross-country touring with one inside of his guts, with no impact showing he has some pretty strong innate resistance to the ability even if not on the level shown here.

Sure, my point is that while regular humans can't face exposure without their body breaking down and dying, meanwhile Toji is cross-country touring with one inside of his guts, with no impact showing he has some pretty strong innate resistance to the ability even if not on the level shown here.
I forget, was Choso's blood the same as his brothers? Because his brothers blood can kill and decay the human body pretty quickly IIRC. Just don't recall if his blood is any different or not Tho as said above, it doesn't matter much given the effects are still rather incomparable.

I forget, was Choso's blood the same as his brothers? Because his brothers blood can kill and decay the human body pretty quickly IIRC. Just don't recall if his blood is any different or not Tho as said above, it doesn't matter much given the effects are still rather incomparable.
He's more of a mix but still has CE blood which is what Naoya states is the reason for his incapacitation.

He doesn't have the same technique as them though.

He's more of a mix but still has CE blood which is what Naoya states is the reason for his incapacitation.

He doesn't have the same technique as them though.
Actually the blood doesn’t need to be injected just a scratch or if the blood splashed on you then it’s gg
Oh IDK

I've never actually seen KnY, I thought it was by touch ngl, but now that you pointed out the injecting part, I'm not even sure anymore

Even assuming it doesn't negate regeneration, can Tanjiro live when their soul is cut into pieces? Or even better, can Tanjiro recover his soul from damage it sustained?
Has the split soul katana been shown killing someone via the destruction of their soul? It’s only said to be really good durability negation.

However, sorcerers such as Naoya and Uraume have been shown to be shortly incapacitated after taking in cursed spirit blood into their own due to rejection. Toji however, has an innate resistance to curses due to HR which makes his 5 sense capable fo seeing curses and also grants him curse resistance. Toji was able to house a cursed spirit inside of his body in order to carry around his weapons, meaning he is resistant enough for prolonged exposure to his internal system. So it's arguable if he'd be impacted to the same degree.
beings built off Cursed Energy /=/ demonic blood which can completely destroy your body.
Realistically Tanjiros wincon is much easier to attain considering he only needs one touch from his blood to kill Toji, and he should also be able to use his flesh whips to hit him with said blood.

beings built off Cursed Energy /=/ demonic blood which can completely destroy your body.
Realistically Tanjiros wincon is much easier to attain considering he only needs one touch from his blood to kill Toji, and he should also be able to use his flesh whips to hit him with said blood.
They share similar effects of breaking down the body and causing death. Toji was wholly unaffected despite carrying it around in his internal organs.

In the scan posted above it still appears that the blood has to actually touch the internals. Kanjiro had blood literally enter through his eye, so it's not just being "spaslhed" by the blood as far as I can tell from the evidence provided.

I don't think that makes Tanjiro's wincon more viable given the harsh skill gap and Toji needing to land one hit to put Tanjiro out of commission.

They share similar effects of breaking down the body and causing death. Toji was wholly unaffected despite carrying it around in his internal organs.

In the scan posted above it still appears that the blood has to actually touch the internals. Kanjiro had blood literally enter through his eye, so it's not just being "spaslhed" by the blood as far as I can tell from the evidence provided.

I don't think that makes Tanjiro's wincon more viable given the harsh skill gap and Toji needing to land one hit to put Tanjiro out of commission.
I find it unlikely that Toji dodged all the whips. The hashira with precognition, analytical prediction and instinctive reactions could barely do so because they don’t have a fixed form and it moves irrationallly. And again demon blood has no CE so toji isn’t resisting it. Also the scan showed the blood working with a single scratch after all Muzan grazed tanjiro eye.

I find it unlikely that Toji dodged all the whips. The hashira with precognition, analytical prediction and instinctive reactions could barely do so because they don’t have a fixed form and it moves irrationallly. And again demon blood has no CE so toji isn’t resisting it. Also the scan showed the blood working with a single scratch after all Muzan grazed tanjiro eye.
Doesn't matter much if Toji badly outskills him and has better physical mobility. Beginning of series pre CE training Yuji could dodge whips from Mahito in an enclosed space and also did well to dodge a lot of Choso's irregular blood shenanigans. Toji is leagues above that so I will need to see the skill feats to believe Tanjiro is tagging him with a mid range weapon before Toji dices him in CqC.

It doesn't have to be demon blood of the effects are similar. Especially since Toji isn't using CE for his resistance, his body is literally just built different. Hence why he can do things like overwrite souls and hence why Maki was able to survive Jogo's flames despite being heavily outmatched in AP and no curse/heat resistance.

Yes, which means the whips have to penetrate into the internals to work, not just splashing blood onto the outer surface.

Doesn't matter much if Toji badly outskills him and has better physical mobility. Beginning of series pre CE training Yuji could dodge whips from Mahito in an enclosed space and also did well to dodge a lot of Choso's irregular blood shenanigans. Toji is leagues above that so I will need to see the skill feats to believe Tanjiro is tagging him with a mid range weapon before Toji dices him in CqC.

It doesn't have to be demon blood of the effects are similar. Especially since Toji isn't using CE for his resistance, his body is literally just built different. Hence why he can do things like overwrite souls and hence why Maki was able to survive Jogo's flames despite being heavily outmatched in AP and no curse/heat resistance.

Yes, which means the whips have to penetrate into the internals to work, not just splashing blood onto the outer surface.
So has toji survived cell death? If no then he can’t period to claim otherwise without proof is NLF. Try asking the demon slayer supporters about the demon slayer skill feats I don’t know that much about the details. Here’s what tanjiro can do release aoe shockwaves that will paralyze Toji then scratch him with his whips and then the blood takes effect. Also Mahito thing wasn’t really whips they were metallic and not as Freeform as Muzan whips and that could just be a speed feat. Also 4 characters using precog, teamwork, analytical prediction and instinctive reactions should be above what Toji has and they were still wrecked by them.

So has toji survived cell death? If no then he can’t period to claim otherwise without proof is NLF.
Cursed energy exposed to humans causes cell death and eventual death (in addition to a host of other mental effects). This is not only the case with just general exposure, but also if the blood of a curse is exposed to a human. Toji literally chills with a curse in his guts, meaning he body was exposed to prolonged contact with a curse directly in his body. He also was able to survive being swallowed whole by one and then covered in all of it's blood.

Meaning he should have some resistance to such effects given he doesn't even show a lick of the effects.
Try asking the demon slayer supporters about the demon slayer skill feats I don’t know that much about the details. Here’s what tanjiro can do release aoe shockwaves that will paralyze Toji then scratch him with his whips and then the blood takes effect.
His skill feats are very necessary to prove here, or else he's getting one chopped, especially with no knowledge.
Also Mahito thing wasn’t really whips they were metallic and not as Freeform as Muzan whips and that could just be a speed feat. Also 4 characters using precog, teamwork, analytical prediction and instinctive reactions should be above what Toji has and they were still wrecked by them.
They were whips with hinges on them to make them extremely mobile and Yuji was in a confined space to boot.

You can't just say those people getting cooked means Toji will. What have they faced on the level of Toji? What skill feats? None of those mean anything if they don't have the skills and stats to back up countering Muzan.

Cursed energy exposed to humans causes cell death and eventual death (in addition to a host of other mental effects). This is not only the case with just general exposure, but also if the blood of a curse is exposed to a human. Toji literally chills with a curse in his guts, meaning he body was exposed to prolonged contact with a curse directly in his body. He also was able to survive being swallowed whole by one and then covered in all of it's blood.

Meaning he should have some resistance to such effects given he doesn't even show a lick of the effects.

His skill feats are very necessary to prove here, or else he's getting one chopped, especially with no knowledge.

They were whips with hinges on them to make them extremely mobile and Yuji was in a confined space to boot.

You can't just say those people getting cooked means Toji will. What have they faced on the level of Toji? What skill feats? None of those mean anything if they don't have the skills and stats to back up countering Muzan.
Again that’s because of his heavenly restriction giving him resistance to curse energy and curses. It’s an inverse mechanic. Again it’s possible that Muzan blood effect is just different because it depends on the dosage in other words more blood make it more effective since it can even kill other demons who actually resist that process.

Again you haven’t seem to counter the shockwaves that would paralyze Toji and rupture his eardrums then he gets hit and dies to the blood.

Again that’s because of his heavenly restriction giving him resistance to curse energy and curses. It’s an inverse mechanic. Again it’s possible that Muzan blood effect is just different because it depends on the dosage in other words more blood make it more effective since it can even kill other demons who actually resist that process.
Yeah and his heavenly restriction is stopping the effects of the CE despite not countering that effect with CE, like other sorcerers would. So it's not just an inverse mechanic, it's the HR's body having natural defenses that allow it to interact with CE despite not being of the same substance.

We also know this given that Toji is unable to get drunk, meaning his body literally does not process toxins such as alcohol despite how much he drinks. Alcohol doesn't have cursed energy.

Mahito is obviously trolling against Yuji and its obviously in character for him to do so. Yuji also had lots of knowledge about Choso prior to that fight.
Also, I see nothing on his profile which grants him resistance to biological dismantling and resistance against toxins. Along with this, Even if we simply take your word for it, Tanjiro actually has resistance to biological manipulation, yet as we see with a direct resistance to his blood, he still gets affected and killed by it. Toji has no way to kill Tanjiro, while Tanjiro can simply release more stabbing whips if Toji gets closser.
Yeah and his heavenly restriction is stopping the effects of the CE despite not countering that effect with CE, like other sorcerers would. So it's not just an inverse mechanic, it's the HR's body having natural defenses that allow it to interact with CE despite not being of the same substance.

We also know this given that Toji is unable to get drunk, meaning his body literally does not process toxins such as alcohol despite how much he drinks. Alcohol doesn't have cursed energy.
Alcohol isn't on the same wavelength as a demonic blood capable of bypassing resistances.

None of that is doing anything to Toji who scales above base Kashimo who absolutely ate Panda's internal shockwaves, and awakened Maki who resisted being remotely paralyzed by Ranta Zenin.
You can’t just scale toji to base kashimo resistance kashimo has cursed energy and that resistance is on his profile not toji. Actually demon slayer characters can fight against Muzan passive aura that paralyzes and harm those weaker than him. Yet they got wrecked by the shockwaves and were immobilized so it’s definitely above average.

Mahito is obviously trolling against Yuji and its obviously in character for him to do so.
No.
Yuji also had lots of knowledge about Choso prior to that fight.
No he didn't. Yuji didn't know who the hell Choso was and had absolutely no reason to believe he randomly had access to Kamo's CT. Not that having knowledge makes his body capable of dodging.
Also, I see nothing on his profile which grants him resistance to biological dismantling and resistance against toxins.
You legit just scans that he is curse resistant and can't get drunk.
Along with this, Even if we simply take your word for it, Tanjiro actually has resistance to biological manipulation, yet as we see with a direct resistance to his blood, he still gets affected and killed by it.
And Toji has resistances as well, so I'm not buying him dying immediately as did the fodder chick with no resistances to similar effects.

This is assuming bro ever lands a hit on Toji.
Toji has no way to kill Tanjiro, while Tanjiro can simply release more stabbing whips if Toji gets closser.
Toji one shots him with the soulblade and unless you have evidence of soul manip resistance on that level.
Alcohol isn't on the same wavelength as a demonic blood capable of bypassing resistances.
Sure, but it's proof has hax resistance to supernatural biological degregdation and regular material toxins to the point of immunity.

saying toji is more skilled than your average pillar is a joke at best

bring something on the level of giyuu seeing what technique tanjro is going to make from his slight movements then from that make an entire new technique for the best synergy effect for pretty much instantly then using it then we talk about how comparable they actually are

if all the pillars combined couldn't beat muzan toji is never defeating DKT
This is your evidence for skill lmao? Any sorc worth their salt can utilize such analytical prediction to fight, and Toji can blitz like 99% of them.

Toji scales to Maki who casually killed a room full of people specializing in CqC with cursed energy.

Toji was able to deflect spawn on target scissors from Geto's curse and completely nullify her hax with raw speed before blitzing Geto and the cursed spirit.

Toji was able to free himself from Blue and use his mobility to move so fast that Gojo couldn't naturally track him.

Please post actual skill feats.

DKT has like 10 whips, toji has 2 arms

with speed equal,you do the math

edit: just checked, nope, that was muzan

but assuming he scales to muzan and goes 100% for the kill unlike in the manga that's definitey something he can do
You didn't just see me Post Yuji dodging more whips than arms despite being confined?

Pretty sure speed equal doesn't equalize mobility or dodging skill via acrobatics. Toji can dodge and or simply block with his dura neg blade which Tanjiro has no knowledge on.

You just reply with a 'No.' So i'm not finna say anything to reply to this, Mahito wasn't taking Yuji seriously, its very blatant to see that. Also, I am pretty sure Mahito was aware of Sukuna being inside of Yuji..and probably wasn't trying to kill him.
Toji one shots him with the soulblade and unless you have evidence of soul manip resistance on that level.

Sure, but it's proof has hax resistance to supernatural biological degregdation and regular material toxins to the point of immunity.
Can you give proof of the soul split katana being able to kill someone via the destruction of their soul? and not just being really good dura negation?
Muzans blood also far surpass any 'regular material toxin'
No he didn't. Yuji didn't know who the hell Choso was and had absolutely no reason to believe he randomly had access to Kamo's CT. Not that having knowledge makes his body capable of dodging.
He was simply running in the other direction, lmao.

We need the demon slayer supporters to explain their skill feats. Also what stops the shockwaves plus blood infused attacks for gg toji? If it’s not clear already I am voting Tanjiro for now

This is your evidence for skill lmao? Any sorc worth their salt can utilize such analytical prediction to fight, and Toji can blitz like 99% of them.

Toji scales to Maki who casually killed a room full of people specializing in CqC with cursed energy.

Toji was able to deflect spawn on target scissors from Geto's curse and completely nullify her hax with raw speed before blitzing Geto and the cursed spirit.

Toji was able to free himself from Blue and use his mobility to move so fast that Gojo couldn't naturally track him.

Please post actual skill feats.
Most of these besides the Maki feat are simply his body being resistant to CE and or his pure and utter speed helping him lmao. These aren't skill feats, Being able to predict someones moves as a pretty mid tier Hashira just by a simple movement alone far outscales anything which you just posted.

see that's the thing, how did she kill them now?

did she murder them with her sweet amazing neevr see before skills or with her absolute advantage in stats?

because i'm 99% sure it's the latter

that's speed...where is the actual skill in this?

....that's speed as well

this isn't a speed debate, it really isn't

and yes, i'm not talking about how giyuu somehiw accurately predicted all of tanjiro's future moves in like s plit second, but how in that same split second, made an entirely new techique one specifically meant to mesh with tanjiro's onw technique

if you didn't get the gist of it, the pillars can instantly analyze what movement their opponent will make then casually pull an entire new technique from their ass specifically meant to deal with the opponent's future move set

..see?
that's skill, nothing you brought even begins to compare to this

You didn't just see me Post Yuji dodging more whips than arms despite being confined?
those were like 3?

3 whips that even when all combined have less range than a single whip of muzan's

how is that even remotely comparable?

and it seems all yuji did was jump/ move away from their range

see that's the thing, how did she kill them now?
By dogwalking them in CqC despite already having been injured by her father prior (who she also beat despite him being an iado specialist with instinctive reaction) [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
did she murder them with her sweet amazing neevr see before skills or with her absolute advantage in stats?
Both and I'm not sure why you think either are mutually exclusive things.
that's speed...where is the actual skill in this?
Blocking spawn on target based on his senses and being able to coordinate such movements, would indeed be a skill feat. Once again, I'm not sure you quite understand what "skills" are. A lot of them inherently involve needing to coordinate high speed movements to meet skill objectives. Just being fast doesn't give one martial arts, weapons, and general CqC skill lol.
....that's speed as well
Speed + acrobatics/mobility, the latter require skill.
this isn't a speed debate, it really isn't

and yes, i'm not talking about how giyuu somehiw accurately predicted all of tanjiro's future moves in like s plit second, but how in that same split second, made an entirely new techique one specifically meant to mesh with tanjiro's onw technique

if you didn't get the gist of it, the pillars can instantly analyze what movement their opponent will make then casually pull an entire new technique from their ass specifically meant to deal with the opponent's future move set
I will need more context, from what you showed she essentially predicted his attacks based on his stance and micromovements. That's one aspects of skills and I'd argue that causally blocking spawn on target attacks to which Toji can't even see coming, and subsequently blitzing two people in the same breath would be much better, especially since Toji was acting on his instinct alone.

If you want to talk about levels of information analysis, then I'd say Maki's feat of being able to casually sense the environment around her for dozens to hundreds of meters, so much so that her senses across categorical distinction, allow her to "see the souls of inanimate things", and allow her to legit track high speed movements over an extremely large range, and casually no look mid air dodge mach 3 enemies, kinda dumps on the small section of panels you've shown. Even before gaining this ability Maki was able to count the individual frames of Naoya, something very few other sorcerers in the verse could achieve.
..see?
that's skill, nothing you brought even begins to compare to this
I still haven't actually seen any skills besides this one feat which doesn't even seem to be in a combat scenario.

I want to see actual feats in combat such as this [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]
those were like 3?
Ok? Yuji was inside of a hallway and those whips were fast and covered dozens of meters. This version of Yuji being <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Toji. Toji can legit sense every micromovement of the whips as they move through the air. Add in his much better mobility and only needing to tag Tanjiro once, and I don't see how he's doing much.
3 whips that even when all combined have less range than a single whip of muzan's

how is that even remotely comparable?

and it seems all yuji did was jump/ move away from their range
He was in a constricted hallway and had to dodge the initials chains and follow ups. The chains broke the building meaning Yuji had to dodge in those confined spaces.

Yes, my point is Yuji was capable of this during like, the first arc. Yuji is leagues below Toji so just bringing up "he has whips" isn't really doing much.

Especially when Toji can use his powernull sword and attach it to an ever expanding chain giving him crazy range and the ability to utilize it as a chain as well.

still find a hard time believing Toji isn't getting tagged and incapped, if not dying from Tanjiro's blood
Also the shockwave would paralyze Toji then he gets hit by the whips since it would be guaranteed to land(not literally).

saying toji is more skilled than your average pillar is a joke at best
I could explain how even Kenjaku would outskill everyone from KT, however, for now ima just say that we are using Demon Tanjiro, where the mf is just a animal without control. So I dont see why theres any need to debate

Also the shockwave would paralyze Toji then he gets hit by the whips since it would be guaranteed to land(not literally).
I could explain how even Kenjaku would outskill everyone from KT, however, for now ima just say that we are using Demon Tanjiro, where the mf is just a animal without control. So I dont see why theres any need to debate
Basically the match is if Toji can land his soul split katana before he gets hit with the shockwaves and dies to his blood coated whip.

Tanjiro isn't really landing anything on Toji given the latter's senses. Shockwave and paralysis aren't working on Toji.

If it's true to mad Tanjiro also lacks in skill, I am going vote for Toji here.

Back